Warfare Results 08/25/14

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 08/25/14

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Jim Ross: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! I'm Jim Ross, joined by Jerry "The King" Lawler!

Jerry Lawler: We are live from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, and we're just six days away from one of the hottest dates on the EBWF calendar, Summerslam!

Jim Ross: Tonight we'll see the EBWF World Champion, John Cena, and the 2014 King of the Ring, Randy Orton, sign the contract for their World Title match. We've also got Bo Dallas versus AJ Styles in our main event!

Jerry Lawler: Up first though, we've got Dean Ambrose versus Raven versus Tyler Breeze in a triple threat match. The winner challenges Breakout Champion Damien Sandow for the gold this Sunday!

Ambrose came to the ring first, followed by Raven and finally Tyler Breeze. When all three superstars had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell. Raven started strongly, running at Ambrose and taking him down with a clothesline, then turning his attention to Breeze and hitting him with a series of punches. Raven whipped Breeze into the ropes and hit him with an arm drag. Ambrose then ran at Raven, but Raven was ready for him and he took Ambrose down with a drop toe hold. Breeze got to his feet and Raven threw him over the top rope, then as Ambrose got to his feet, Raven hit him with a Russian legsweep. Raven hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jim Ross: A strong start from Raven!

Raven pulled Ambrose to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him into the corner. Raven ran at Ambrose, hitting him with a knee to the midsection. As Ambrose staggered out of the corner, Raven hit a bulldog. At this point, Tyler Breeze re-entered the ring. He snuck up behind Raven and hit him with a dropkick to the back of the head! The dropkick caused Raven to collide head-first with the turnbuckle, and as he staggered backwards looking dazed, Breeze lifted him up for a back drop. Breeze hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: Another near fall! This time Tyler Breeze gets a two count!

As Breeze got to his feet, Ambrose ran at him and took him down with a clothesline, then stomped on him several times. As Breeze got to his feet, Ambrose applied a headlock, but Breeze broke free and pushed Ambrose into the ropes, then hit him with a Superkick. Breeze hooked the leg once more - 1... 2... Raven interrupted the count! Raven pulled Breeze to his feet and the two men began exchanging right hands back and forth. Breeze was able to gain the upper hand, and after kicking Raven in the midsection he went to whip him into the ropes. Raven reversed the Irish whip, sending Breeze into the ropes, and as Breeze hit the ropes, Raven ran at him and hit a clothesline, sending Breeze to the outside once more. Raven then turned to face Ambrose, who was back on his feet. Ambrose tried to grab Raven, but Raven blocked the grapple attempt and kicked Ambrose hard in the gut, before hitting The Raven Effect! Raven made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jim Ross: It's over! Raven earns his third successive victory, and a shot at the Breakout Title this Sunday!

Raven celebrated his victory as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

The feed faded into the backstage area of the Chesapeake Energy Arena to show EBWF Queen of the Ring winner Brie Bella. The crowd filled up the arena with cheers. Brie stood in the catering area, and had picked up a bottle of water. She opened it and took a sip, but nearly spilled the entire bottle when suddenly someone walked up. It was no secret as to why. Michelle McCool stood before Brie, in attire completely out of place: A fancy, glittery red coat with a fuzzy white collar and cuffs that draped just below her knees, and to top everything off, a queen’s crown on her head, complete with jewels and bedazzled embellishments. To finish the set, she also had a scepter in her hand.

Brie Bella: Um, hey Michelle. Or… Your Highness. If that’s what you’re going for.

Brie stifled a laugh as she replaced the cap on her water. Michelle sighed dramatically and put the back of her hand to her forehead.

Michelle McCool: You misinformed peasants amuse me. I did this for you, Brie. You’re the queen, right? So this outfit is yours. I didn’t want to carry it all, so I decided to put it on and make things easier for myself.

At this point, Michelle handed the crown to Brie, who received it slowly and watched on with a quizzical look as the diva opposite her then took off the flashy coat. Despite the over the top queen get up she wore over everything, the outfit the women’s champion wore underneath was a simple blue dress; a complete opposite from the “royal attire”. Michelle flung the coat at Brie in one swift motion so that she was momentarily caught up in the coat, which had draped over her head. With the scepter in hand she had yet to hand over, Michelle hit Brie in the gut. The scepter clinked to the floor immediately along with Brie. In a flurry of motion, Michelle jumped her. She was on top of the queen of the ring winner, hitting her with punch after punch. In the process she had pulled off the coat so that Brie was visible once more. After laying it in a few seconds longer, Michelle reached over to her right and picked up the crown that had fell out of Brie’s grasp and forced it onto the blindsided diva’s head. McCool carefully stood up, and dusted herself off before giving her hair a nice flip and letting out another sigh, this time more restrained in nature.

Michelle McCool: And THAT’S what I should’ve done last week. Sorry Brie… Not!

She smiled gleefully despite having just committed such a heinous act, and walked off screen.The camera focused on Brie, who was still down on the ground and holding her head as medical personnel rushed to her aid.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, Mankind and Kane were making their way to the ring for the next match.

Jim Ross: Welcome back! Up next, tag team action as Mankind and Kane take on Mr Kennedy and The Undertaker!

Jerry Lawler: Given the volatile nature of the relationship between Mankind and Kane, I expert fireworks in this one JR!

Kennedy and Taker came out next to a mixed reaction from the crowd. As they entered the ring, Undertaker moved onto the ring apron, allowing Kennedy to start the match. Across the ring, Kane allowed Mankind to start the match also. When Kane had taken his place on the ring apron, the referee called for the bell. Mankind and Kennedy charged towards each other and began exchanging right hands back and forth. Mankind was able to gain the upper hand and he took Kennedy down with a clothesline, then began stomping on him repeatedly. Kennedy got to his feet and Mankind whipped him into the ropes, then hit Kennedy with a knee to the midsection. As Kennedy hit the mat, Mankind hit him with an elbow drop, then pulled him to his feet and hit a body slam. Mankind then tagged in Kane, who slowly entered the ring. As Kennedy got to his feet, Kane went to hit him with a big boot, but Kennedy ducked out of the way and ran to the corner, where he tagged in Undertaker. The crowd cheered in anticipation as Undertaker entered the ring and the Brothers of Destruction stared one another down. As Taker and Kane moved towards one another, Kane attempted an uppercut, but Undertaker blocked it and hit Kane with a ballistic punching combination, followed by a throat thrust. Kane staggered backwards, and Undertaker grabbed him, slamming his head against the turnbuckle before climbing to the top rope and hitting Kane with Old School! Undertaker hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jim Ross: Undertaker with a near fall!

Both men got to their feet and Taker set Kane up for a powerbomb, but Kane countered with a back toss, then as Taker got to his feet, Kane hit a sidewalk slam. Kane hit a leg drop, then tagged Mankind into the ring. Upon entering the ring, Mankind whipped Taker into the corner, and hit him with a running bodypress. Taker fell into a sitting position and Mankind ran at him once more, this time hitting him with a knee to the face! Taker struggled to his feet, and Mankind hit him with a kick to the midsection, followed by a double-arm DDT! As Mankind pinned Undertaker, Kennedy entered the ring to try and breakup the count, but Kane entered the ring at the same time and hit Kennedy with a Chokeslam! The referee counted the count - 1... 2... 3!

Jerry Lawler: It's over, JR! I can't believe it! Mankind and Kane were able to work together, and they've won this match!

As the referee raised Mankind's arm in victory, Kane nodded at his tag team partner, then made his way to the back.

SEGMENT

Warfare was in full swing when the world found itself backstage, more specifically, in the parking lot of the Chesepeake Energy Arena. Large production trucks with images of stars like John Cena and Randy Orton were parked sporadically throughout the fence-lined space. Dolph Ziggler, with his blonde hair tied back in a short ponytail and dressed in street clothes consisting of a black t-shirt with white tribal designs, jeans, and black Converse sneakers, suddenly stepped into the frame. He seemed to be leaving the arena and was rolling a small piece of black luggage behind him when all of a sudden he was pausing when a voice called out to him from offscreen.

Dolph! Hey! Where are you going? The show isn’t over yet!

Ziggler closed his eyes for a long moment, seemed to take a deep breath, and turned around just as AJ Lee stepped into the shot and stopped just a foot or so away from him, looking up into his face with a big smile.

AJ Lee: You had a great dark match earlier. Congratulations on your win.

Dolph Ziggler: Thanks. Not like it mattered. No one but the people of Oklahoma City saw it.

AJ Lee: It still happened. So, I see you have your gear. Why don’t you stay and watch my match and then we can go... wherever you’re going, together?

Dolph’s eyes narrowed and then he sighed again, this time much more loudly.

Dolph Ziggler: No AJ, I don’t think so.

She looked a little confused and took a step closer to him, stopping him by reaching out and grabbing his arm when he turned to walk away.

AJ Lee: But... I don’t understand. It’s been fun hanging out, hasn’t it? Spending time together? I know you’ve been having fun. You smile and we talk and...

He pulled away, turning on her with his eyes narrowed in confusion as he shook his head.

Dolph Ziggler: No. What... what is this, AJ? Why have you been popping up everywhere? Why do you want to have anything to do with me? Why do you even care? I. don’t. like. you.

She looked stricken. As if he’d slapped her.

AJ Lee: No, no that’s not true...

He took a step closer to her, lowering his face so he could look down into her eyes. His voice was gruff and mean.

Dolph Ziggler: I have been TOLERATING you. Why? I don’t maybe because I’m bored; but I’m a bad guy, remember? It’s something everyone’s seemed to have forgotten but I’m not a good man, AJ.

She shook her head vehemently.

AJ Lee: No, you just like for people to think that. You like to be alone and you would rather push people away than let them get to know you. Why you do that, I have no clue but I know you act like this... this guy you aren’t. You’re not like this. You’re not this asshole who think’s he’s some kind of gift for all of us to swoon over. You’re not... you’re different. I’ve seen that.

He took another step closer and the look on his face forced her to take a big step back.

Dolph Ziggler: Just because we’ve hung out a few times outside work doesn’t mean you know me! Sorry to disappoint you AJ, but I’m not who you think I am or even close to who you want me to be. I’m bad news. I’ve been here since December and what have I accomplished since then, huh?! What have I done? I won the Royal Rumble, for all the good it did me. Do you see those trailers?

He gestured to one splashed with the images of Cena, Syxx, Trish Stratus, and Velvet Sky.

Dolph Ziggler: If my face is ever going to be on one of those things, if I’m ever going to get another shot at a piece of gold around here, I can’t be distracted by little girls with schoolyard crushes! So do yourself a favor AJ and just... stay away from me.

Then he turned and walked away, the wheels of his rolling suitcase hitting the asphalt and making a sound that lingered long after he’d disappeared from view, leaving fans to watch a sad faced, wounded AJ Lee stare after him as the scene faded to black.

SEGMENT

Static, followed by the guitar riff of Living Colour's "Cult of Personality" blasted over the PA System. The crowd cheered for the Path To Glory Champion, CM Punk. The Chicago Native walked from behind the curtain with the belt wrapped around his waist, he did his usual theatrics on top of the ramp before walking down. Punk was clad in his wrestling gear and a grey hoodie pulled over his head. Punk walked into the ring and got a microphone handed to him... He waited for the crowd to settle down and brought the mic closer to his lips.

CM Punk: Is it just me, or all of a sudden, everyone wants to be Path To Glory Champion? Ted, Wade Barrett, Bill Goldberg... It wouldn't surprise me if John Cena secretly wanted to be Path to Glory Champion... Or maybe he just wants to lay one on me?

Punk shrugged.

CM Punk: Quite frankly... I am sick and tired. I promised I would be a defending champion... But it's kinda hard to defend a title properly when every match seems to end in a Disqualification... A run in... It seems like people have to resort to all kinds of tactics to defeat me and to be honest, I don't blame them.

Punk toyed with his lip ring for a second, giving the camera a grin.

CM Punk: The biggest event of the Summer is right around the corner... And no, I'm not talking about Velvet Sky's Ice Bucket Challenge... I'm talking about Summerslam!

The crowd cheered as the name of one of the big four PPVs was mouthed by the PTG champion.

CM Punk: Come August 30th I will defend my title... Now, as you have all seen... It is nearly impossible to guarantee there won't be interruptions. However, something could so that those interruptions don't affect the outcome of the match... Let me get this straight... After that bell rings, I don't want the slightest doubt that I, CM Punk am the best Path To Glory Champion ever to grace an EBWF Ring and...

Before Punk could continue, the arena lights went dark and "Break The Walls Down" began to play. The crowd cheered as the lights came back up, revealing the interim CEO Chris Jericho stood at the top of the ramp. Jericho was wearing a gray suit with a gray/black striped shirt and a black tie. He was carrying a microphone in his right hand, and a clipboard in his left. Jericho walked down the ramp and as he entered the ring, his music was cut. As he began to speak, Jericho looked down at the clipboard he was holding.

Chris Jericho: You know Punk, I've been acting as the EBWF's interim CEO for almost two years now... I still make mistakes from time to time, but one task I mastered a long time ago is how to read the run sheet. I'm pretty sure it says right here, as it did on EBWF.net, "Chris Jericho discusses the Path to Glory Championship". I know you're the champion, and I know you're excited to talk about Summerslam, but could you not at least have let me say my part before coming out here and running your mouth?

CM Punk chuckled and leaned against the ropes nodding.

CM Punk: Shhhh... Keep it down, Chris! Do you want people to believe wrestling is fake and orchestrated? That the whole EBWF conspires to keep John Cena and Randy Orton on top at all times?

CM Punk smiled into the camera, tongue in cheek.

CM Punk: You say you managed to master tasks... How about mastering the fact that I speak about whatever I want, whenever I want to? It would save us this conversation.

Chris Jericho: Okay, we'll skip the conversation where I castigate you for coming out here when I was scheduled to do so. Just like we skipped the part where you going to give us your spiel about being the greatest PTG Champion of all time, when I came out here and interrupted you. Let's get down to business, Punk. Do you want to know who you're defending your title against at Summerslam?

CM Punk: Rhetorical Question Chris, rhetorical question! Do the people in Oklahoma City want to know who am I defending my title against at Summerslam?

The crowd's reply was unanimous.

Chris Jericho: Well then, who am I to deny the people of Oklahoma? You want it, you got it. Punk, on Sunday you'll be defending your title in a triple threat match. I've decided Wade Barrett deserves another chance, and Ted DiBiase has made sure we don't forget he's due a rematch. And to make things a little more interesting, in order to win that match Punk, you don't just have to beat one of your opponents... you'll have to beat them both. Because this Sunday the PTG Title will be defended in a two-fall, elimination triple threat match! How does that sound?

The capacity crowd in Oklahoma city cheered louder.

CM Punk: As I said, after my title defense, I don't want the slightest doubt among the EBWF Universe that I am THE BEST IN THE WORLD... So Chris Jericho, I accept. I will pin both Barrett and DiBiase, I will decimate Ryback if he decides to step in! I will send The Miz on a permanent vacation alongside AJ Styles if he interferes!!!!

Chris Jericho: That's fighting talk! Well good luck on Sunday, Punk... not that you'll need it, I'm sure.

Jericho smirked at Punk, then exited the ring and made his way to the back as "Break The Walls Down" blasted over the PA system once more.

MATCH THREE

Daniel Rodimer's music hit as he walked down to the ring followed by Sami Zayn who came out to a decent pop. The two of them stood there in the middle of the ring sizing each other up when suddenly "FE" by 40 Below Summer hit and Syxx began to walk out from behind the curtain followed closely by his associate Symphony. Zayn and Rodimer looked perplexed as they were not expecting company but Syxx instead bypassed the ring and made his way over to the announce table. Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler both shook Syxx's hand before he sat down, the two announcers also offered to shake Symphony's hand but she instead shot them the look of death before they retracted their hand.

Jerry "The King" Lawler: Always a pleasure to have Syxx and the lovely, lovely Symphony with us here at ringside.

Symphony: Tell me, what titles have you to speak my name in such a way?

Jerry "The King" Lawler: You know me, I've known you for 15 years. I'm The King, you know, the announcer?

Symphony: The King? The king of what?

Jerry "The King" Lawler: I'm just The King, I've been the king for years.

Symphony: Are you insinuating that there is a kingdom to be had? There is already one false king running around and you proclaim to be another?

Jim Ross: Sami Zayn and Daniel Rodimer look ready to go!

The two competitors had already begun fighting, Rodimer threw a devestating clothesline to which Sami Zayn popped right back up from and then ducked a second Rodimer clothesline and countered with a leg lariat.

Jim Ross: Syxx you have a match with Sami Zayn come SummerSlam, what are your thoughts on this man heading into your Intercontinental title match?

Symphony: I will tell you what his thoughts are. Lord Syxx is insulted to be matched up with a low-life commoner the likes of Sami Zayn!

Jim Ross: With all due respect Syxx, Zayn is an international superstar who has had success all around the world. How could you say something like that?

Syxx: Good question, that's why I didn't say it.

As the announce team and "House Syxx" continued their verbal banter Daniel Rodimer had taken the upper hand. He drove Zayn into the mat with a spinebuster and started to lay into him with right hands.

Syxx: That Daniel Rodimer is no joke, I remember him from USF Football back in the day. That dude can go.

Symphony: "That dude can go?" Certainly a champion of your distinction can speak in more eloquent tongues.

Zayn got up and then charged at Rodimer with a head of steam, knocking him down with an elbow before ascending to the top rope where he would deliver a picture perfect diving cross body block. The crowd roared it's approval with an "Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! chant.

Symphony: Why are these imbeciles chanting "Ole?" Don't they know the man is Arabic-Canadian?

Syxx: Well they certainly aren't going to chant for flying carpets or Aunt Jemima.

The tide turned several times as the superstars went back and forth and eventually Zayn was able to nail Rodimer with the Helluva Kick in the corner and pick up the 1-2-3! Syxx clapped several times to acknowledge that that was a great match.

Syxx: You have got to give it up for Sami Zayn, that man knows his way around the ring.

Syxx and Symphony got up from the announce table. Syxx then stood on top of the announce table holding his Intercontinental championship belt high in the air as Sami Zayn eyed him up and gave him the "discount double-check" title belt motion around his waist. Symphony continued to jaw-jack inaudibly at Zayn as the referee raised his hand in victory.

SEGMENT

When Warfare returned from commercial break Michelle McCool was seen roaming the backstage hallways, now obviously sans her royal garb and in just her blue dress. The Women’s Champion looked rather proud of herself as she approached the Divas’ locker room with a confident smile. Then, just as she reached for the door there came a sound from behind her. McCool paused and turned in the direction of the sound but then shrugged it off. She’d just turned back to the locker room door when it opened and suddenly she was face to face with none other than a grim faced Nikki Bella. There was a big pop as Nikki took a slow step forward, her arms crossed over her chest, her eyes never leaving Michelle’s face. She definitely did not look happy.

Michelle McCool: Nikki! You’re back...!

The surprise was evident in Michelle’s voice. The Queen of the Ring’s identical twin had been out of action for several months due to an ankle injury. But that was all Michelle had time to say before suddenly, from behind her, there was movement, the flash of something metallic, and then Michelle as crying out and falling to the floor in front of a completely unphased Nikki. A second later and the fans gave a huge pop as Brie Bella stepped into the shot from where she’d come up from behind Michelle. Brie winced and placed her left hand to her temple. In her right hand she held the silver scepter Michelle had been carrying earlier. She’d just used it to hit Michelle in the back of the head and neck and now she sneered down at the Women’s Champion and gave her a hard, swift kick to the gut as Nikki moved to stand next to her and looked down at Michelle with a small, superior smile. The two twins stood over the incapacitated, moaning Michelle then Brie crouched down a little with a tiny smirk of her own.

Brie Bella: You wanna play games with me, Michelle? Fine. Tag. You’re it.

The two sisters shared a little chuckle as Brie slowly stood. Nikki placed one hand on Brie’s shoulder, taunting Michelle.

Nikki Bella: Let this be a lesson learned. You can knock a Bella down, but don’t expect her to STAY down.

Brie shrugged, that coy smirk still on her face as she rubbed at the painful lump on her head.

Brie Bella: At least, not for very long.

Then the Bellas stepped into the Diva’s locker room and shut the door, leaving Michelle in the hallway, struggling to get to her hands and knees as the scene faded to black.

MATCH FOUR

Jim Ross: Up next, divas tag team action as AJ Lee and Paige take on the new Divas Tag Team Champions, Eva Marie and Sasha Banks, in a non-title match!

"Can You Feel My Heart" by Bring Me The Horizon hit and the crowd cheered as AJ Lee and Paige made their way to the ring. As they entered the ring, the two divas climbed opposing turnbuckles and posed for the fans, then climbed down and met in the center of the ring, where they awaited the arrival of their opponents. "Fastest Girl Alive" hit and the cheers quickly turned to boos as Sasha Banks and Eva Marie came out, accompanied by Summer Rae. The three divas walked smugly down the ramp, and upon entering the ring Sasha and Eva taunted AJ and Paige with the Divas Tag Titles. The referee offered to take the title belts, but Sasha and Eva gave him a look that appeared to suggest they didn't want him to touch their precious gold. Sasha and Eva then handed their belts to Summer Rae, before Sasha moved onto the ring apron, allowing Eva Marie to start the match. Across the ring, Paige agreed to start the match off for her team, and once AJ Lee had moved onto the ring apron, the referee called for the bell. Paige and Eva locked up, and Eva applied a headlock. Paige countered with a hammerlock, then turned Eva around and hit her with a forearm smash. As Eva staggered backwards, Paige whipped her into the ropes, then hit her with an arm drag. Eva got to her feet and Paige hit a fisherman suplex, then made the cover. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! Paige got to her feet and tagged in AJ, who upon entering the ring ran at Eva and took her down with a clothesline. AJ stomped on Eva several times, then pulled her to her feet and set her up for a neckbreaker. Eva blocked it and countered with a neckbreaker of her own. Both divas got to their feet and began to exchange punches back and forth. AJ gained the upper hand, and after kicking Eva in the midsection, she went to whip her into the ropes. Eva reversed it, sending AJ into the ropes, then hit AJ with a shoulder block. As AJ got to her feet, Eva got behind her and rolled her up with a schoolboy. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: Eva almost stole one!

As AJ kicked out, Eva moved to the corner and tagged in Sasha Banks. Upon entering the ring, Sasha hit AJ with a series of forehand chops, then whipped her into the corner. Sasha ran at AJ at hit a running high knee, then as AJ staggered out of the corner, Sasha took her down with a Japanese arm drag. Sasha hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Jim Ross: Another near fall!

Jerry Lawler: I think AJ is struggling here, JR!

Sasha sat AJ up and applied a headlock. AJ cried out in pain, but was able to break free and push Sasha away, before getting to her feet. As AJ got to her feet, she and Sasha locked up, and Sasha went for a body slam. AJ countered with a headscissors takedown, then to the delight of the crowd, made the hot tag to Paige! Paige entered the ring with a vengeance, running at Sasha and tackling her down to the mat before punching her repeatedly on the ground. Both divas got to their feet, and Paige hit Sasha with the Savate kick, followed by a DDT. As Sasha hit the mat, Paige grabbed her by the legs and rolled her over, then applied the PTO! Sasha cried out in pain, and after realising she was unable to reach the ropes, she tapped out! The referee called for the bell and raised Paige's arm in victory. AJ entered the ring and the two divas shared a celebratory hug, before making their way to the back. Sasha, Eva and Summer Rae glared at the victors as they walked up the ramp.

SEGMENT

After returning from commercial, the cameras switched to the ringside area, where the ring was covered in a tasteful black mat, and a table was set up in the center. A clipboard with the contract for Randy Orton's title shot against John Cena was on the table, accompanied by a single pen. On either side of the table were two microphones.

Jim Ross: We're set here for a contract signing just six days from the title match at Summerslam between Randy Orton and John Cena.

Jerry Lawler: I love these things, JR! They never go right!

Jim Ross: Well, when you're right you're right, King. Come to think of it, not sure why we televise these things anyway.

"Go back to sleep..."

The crowd got to their feet and cheered loudly as the industrial riffs of "Counting Bodies Like Sheep" played through the PA system. Randy Orton casually walked out to the entrance ramp in an EBWF "Silent Assassin" t-shirt and dark wash jeans. Looking dead ahead, he nonchalantly headed down the ramp and stepped into the ring, plopping himself down onto one of the chairs. He leaned back and awaited his Summerslam opponent. “ Seconds later “My Time Is Now” hit and the arena was engulfed in a deafening pop as the World Champion sprinted out from the back wearing his new red t-shirt, matching cap, sneakers, and infamous denim shorts. He took his time on the ramp, holding his belt high and rousing the fans before looking into the camera with a grin and a, “Time to go to work.” Then he saluted and sprinted down the ramp, sliding under the bottom rope on his stomach. He stood and smiled at Randy for a moment before taking to a nearby turnbuckle to once again hold his belt up high, emitting another loud pop from the audience. Turning, still holding the belt up, Cena looked back at Randy then jumped down from the turnbuckle. He slowly approached the table as his music faded, his eyes never leaving his Summerslam opponent as he lowered himself into the chair opposite Randy’s, reached for a microphone, shouldered his title belt, and leaned back, casually and comfortably, in the chair. He narrowed his eyes in a comedic fashion.

John Cena: Ah yes, Randy Orton, we meet again.

Randy Orton: Hello... John. I hope it's okay that we don't have a facilitator for this contract signing. The only guy available was Paul Heyman, and well.. neither of us really like him.

John Cena: I think we can handle this without Heyman. I know I don’t dress the part but I’m a big boy after all. Besides, aren’t walruses on the endangered species list? Like either of us need PETA or the EPA breathing down our necks right now because we rid the world of one more walrus.

Randy Orton: You are a big boy, who makes his own decisions. It amazes me then...

Randy reached forward and pulled the clipboard in his direction, leafing through the pages.

Randy Orton: That you decided on a Three Stages of Hell match. Seems to me, knowing who your opponent is, that that decision was a bit... rushed. What do you think?

John watched Randy with an amused smirk on his face.

John Cena: I think go big, or go home. You and I have faced one another in this ring and squared circles just like it all over the globe and we’ve been doing it for years. We’ve met in TLC matches, Cages of Death, why not Three Stages of Hell? It wasn’t a rushed decision and it isn’t one I regret. I won’t regret it later either. Because the way I see it, this match can go two ways. Either one, I win or two, you lose.

He blinked for a moment.

John Cena: Wait... did that come out right?

John shrugged.

John Cena: Whatever, point being, we both know that we are some of the best in this company. So don’t these people deserve to see the best go at it in one of the most thrilling, exciting matches out there?

Randy smirked as the crowd popped in response to Cena's question. He idly twirled the mic in his hand for a brief second before bringing back to his lips.

Randy Orton: John, I am a firm believer that the fans ought to get what they pay for. And there's no doubt in my mind that the fans want us to tear each other apart. Believe me when I say this: I fully intend to give them their money's worth. So yes, they completely deserve it. I'm not concerned about them. I'm concerned... about you.

Randy leaned back in his chair, kicking his feet up on the desk.

Randy Orton: You see, anyone who's been on Twitter for more than six minutes has seen that you're very good friends with my wife. I don't know if I am going to be able to talk myself out of putting you in a hospital bed. So, I'm only looking out for your well-being.

John pulled the microphone away for a moment to laugh, then he gave a consenting nod.

John Cena: Well thanks Randy, I really appreciate that. Really. But, maybe you should worry a little bit less about MY well-being and a little bit more about your own. Because I’m not gonna sit here and say that you WON’T put me in a hospital bed. You might, you really might. Because I have been in the ring with you enough to know that you don’t hold back and I like that, because neither do I. That said though, if I do end up in a hospital gown eating jello and watching Judge Judy marathons, I won’t be alone. And I’m not just talking about being able to look at my reflection in my World Title belt. No, you’ll be right there with me. Which I admit, will make for a really, REALLY awkward, and boring, hospital stay for yours truly. But I’m okay with that. I’m more worried about your wife hitting me in the head with a stiletto than I am of you and this match to be honest and at least, with Nicole, I know that if she’s mad at me for maiming her husband I can afford to buy enough shoes that she’ll always forgive me. I can take care of myself, Randy but thanks. Only a true friend would say, “I may have put you in a hospital bed, but I’m really sorry about it so we’re all good.”

John smirked.

John Cena: So I hope you’ll accept that apology a little early.

Randy nodded with a smirk.

Randy Orton: Apology accepted. You're right, I might be there with you. But I'll have my third EBWF World Championship keeping me company. But enough of this mindless chit-chat. I say we give the fans here what they really came to see.

Randy removed his feet off the table and leaned forward. He flipped to the page on the contract where his signature was required, and scribbled in his name. Neatly clipping the pen to the clipboard, he edged it in John's direction. John glanced down at the paper and then up at Randy with just his eyes.

John Cena: Yes. That, that right there, was EXACTLY what all of about eight people came to see. And now you just made eight people very, VERY happy because they got to see Randy Orton sign a piece of paper. THRILLING television we’re providing right now Randy, real edge of your seat kinda stuff.

John shook his head, his good-natured, though slightly sarcastic smile still in place, as he grabbed the pen from the clipboard, flipped to the appropriate page, and signed his name with a flourish before slapping the pen back on the top sheet and sliding the clipboard back to the center of the table. Randy smirked.

Randy Orton: Great. Those eight people's children are thrilled. Congratulations, John. You just signed an official termination notice of your EBWF World Championship reign. May the best man win.

Randy stood up slowly and extended his hand, mouthing the words "And by that I mean me." John’s smirk turned into a full-on smile as he too slowly stood up, reaching for Randy’s hand and giving it a firm shake as he mouthed the words, “Oh don’t worry, I plan on it,” as he made a little bit more of a show of tossing his title belt up onto his other shoulder. Neither man backed down from a long stare down as the EBWF logo appeared in the corner and Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote