Warfare Results 09/22/2014

Ben M

Warfare Results 09/22/2014

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Pyro went off in the arena as EBWF Warfare kicked off live from Boise, Idaho. The crowd was hit as Jim Ross kicked off the show.

Jim Ross: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to EBWF Warfare. I am Jim Ross alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler and we have a great show for you tonight as we are just one week away from Desting.

Jerry Lawler: CM Punk has challenged John Cena to a World Championship match, and the champ is here tonight!

Jim Ross: We know Cena never backs down from a fight. I can imagine he’s going to accept that challenge. We’ll find out soon. AJ Lee will face Emma later on, but first Bray Wyatt will take on Daniel Bryan!

After both men made their entrance they stood across from one another in the ring. They locked up at the bell, and jockeyed for position. Wyatt broke on the ropes, then slapped Bryan in the head. Bryan tackled Wyatt down and choked him, but Wyatt grabbed the bottom rope and the referee forced a break. Wyatt hit Bryan low and choked him against the middle rope. Wyatt hit some elbows in the corner and choked him with his boot. Bryan reversed a whip, but ran into a Wyatt back elbow. Wyatt then ran into a Bryan with a T-Bone suplex.

Jim Ross: Big move there from Bray Wyatt.

Bryan hit a delayed vertical suplex, going one handed at one point. Wyatt rolled to the floor, grabbing his back. Bryan went after him, rolling Wyatt back in. As Bryan got on the apron, Wyatt hit him with a shoulderblock between the ropes. Wyatt then rammed Bryan into the ringpost, and Bryan fell to the floor. Wyatt rolled Bryan back into the ring and covered him for a two count. Wyatt applied an armbar with a chinlock. Bryan got to his feet and broke out of it, but ran into a Wyatt boot. Wyatt hit an over-the-shoulder armbreaker for a two count, then went back to the armbar.

Jerry Lawler: Wyatt is playing Bryan at his own game here!

Wyatt hit some knees to the arm, and continued to work him over with the armbar. Bryan punched and shoved out of it, then ran into a Wyatt back elbow. Wyatt charged Bryan, and Bryan backdropped him. Bryan hit a clothesline and a pair of shoulder blocks with his good arm. Bryan went for a press slam, but his bad arm gave out on him. Bryan was doubled over in pain, and Wyatt charged him with a big boot for a two count. Wyatt complained to the referee that it should have been a three count. Wyatt went for a big punch, but Bryan floated over it, hit a belly to belly suplex, then hit a clothesline and Wyatt rolled to the floor. As Wyatt got back to his feet, Bryan pulled him down to the ring mat and applied the Yes Lock! Wyatt cried out in pain, and when he realized he was unable to reach the ropes, he tapped out! The referee called for the bell and raised Bryan's arm in victory. Bryan celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH TWO

Justin Gabriel was already in the ring when EBWF returned from commercial. Jay Briscoe’s music hit, and JR began speaking to viewers at home while he came down the ramp.

Jim Ross: Both of these young men had a tremendous showing in the King of the Ring tournament back in June.

Jerry Lawler: It will be great to see what they do here!

After the bell, the two circled the ring to started and lock up. Briscoe got a side takedown. Briscoe went to the ropes and shoulder blocked Gabriel , one count. Shoulder block again for another one count, and then he tried again for another. A series of arm drags were executed by Briscoe and ended up in a side headlock by Briscoe.

Jim Ross: Already turning into a great match here!

Gabriel got Briscoe down to one knee, with a side headlock on Briscoe. Briscoe battled back, and was ultimately shoved to the mat. Gabriel tried to retreat to the outside of the ring and he was sitting on the middle ropes, and now springing up and down on the middle ropes in a seated position, taunting Briscoe. Briscoe went rope-to-rope, Gabriel slid outside. Briscoe went for a baseball slide but Gabriel ran inside and then went for a springboard plancha, but Briscoe moved and Gabriel connected with the floor.

Jerry Lawler: Gabriel is going to feel it tomorrow!

Gabriel got back into the ring. On the mat he yanked back for a surfboard-like submission. Briscoe battled back with elbows to free himself. In the corner now, Gabriel shoulder blocked him and seated Briscoe on the top ropes, then hung him down and hit a drop kick to Briscoe’s back. Briscoe got to his feet and battled back with rights and lefts. Gabriel reversed with an arm wringer, which was reversed again by Briscoe. Gabriel was sent into the corner, and Briscoe charged. Gabriel moved out of the way and pulled Briscoe toward him by the head and hit a backbreaker. Gabriel came up with a two count, and then choked Briscoe across the ropes.

Jerry Lawler: Gabriel is getting frustrated here. Look at that.

Gabriel sent Briscoe to the corner and then hit a flying elbow smash on Briscoe. Gabriel climbed the turnbuckle and pummelled. Briscoe powered up and sent Gabriel to the ropes and hit a drop kick followed by another drop kick. Gabriel went to the ropes and Briscoe hit a back body drop. Briscoe then climbed the ropes and a hurricanrana from the top ropes on Gabriel. He came up with a two count. Gabriel sent Briscoe to the corner once he got onto his feet. He lifted Gabriel up and over to the apron. Briscoe did a springboard and kicked Briscoe. Gabriel hit an enzuigiri followed by a swinging power bomb. Gabriel went for the pin and came up with two.

Gabriel went for a DDT, but Briscoe blocked it and countered with a muscle buster. As Gabriel got to his feet, Briscoe set him up for the Jay-Driller, but Gabriel broke free and hit a shoulder back toss. Gabriel then hit a jumping back kick, before climbing to the top rope and hitting a 450 Splash! Gabriel made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jim Ross: It's over! A big win for Justin Gabriel!

Gabriel celebrated his victory briefly in the ring, then made his way to the back as Briscoe watched on, looking disappointed.

MATCH THREE

Jim Ross: King, are you ready for some Diva’s action?

Jerry Lawler: I am!

The fans were too, as was obvious when both women made their way to the ring. AJ was out last and as she stepped up to the apron Emma charged her and knocked her to the floor. The two ladies fought outside the ring and Emma was in charge early. AJ tried to fight back with right hands but Emma answered with one big chop. Emma charged AJ in the corner, and she moved. Emma met the ring post face first. AJ worked on the arm now, and the two ladies moved things back into the ring. Finally the bell rang. AJ worked on the left arm and hit an arm breaker, then an arm wringer and another arm breaker.

Jim Ross: AJ Lee showing off some great skills there.

AJ tried again but this time Emma caught AJ and applied a rear choke, then she swung AJ around in the choke and released. Emma tossed AJ by the hair now and went for a blatant boot choke. Emma applied a Camel Clutch. AJ fought back to her feet and then Emma hit a big standing choke bomb. Emma sent AJ to the corner and charged with a big splash. Emma hoisted AJ up in a fireman’s carry, but AJ grabbed the top rope somehow to get the break called. AJ sat on the top rope. Emma charged and AJ caught an arm then dropped that into an arm bar. AJ now set up a hammerlock submission, but Emma powered her way out and then charged AJ and chest bumped her down.

Jerry Lawler: What a move from AJ.

Emma set up a power bomb. AJ floated over and tried a sunset flip. Emma caught her and grabbed her by the throat. She picked her up to her feet and Lee hit a dropkick. Then another. They went to the top rope and as Emma was dazed she hit a big missile dropkick to the head. Emma was finally on her back. AJ quickly got to the ropes and hit a top rope Senton splash and got a two count.

Jim Ross: AJ is riding a wave of momentum!

Emma turned AJ’s good fortune around with a big clothesline. Emma went for a boot choke and the referee tried to break it up. AJ got back to her feet and the two divas locked up. Emma took AJ down with a snapmare, then hit a low dropkick to the back of the head. She went for the cover, but AJ kicked out at two. As both divas got to their feet, Emma went for another clothesline, but this time AJ ducked out of the way. AJ grabbed Emma from behind and applied the Black Widow!

Jerry Lawler: AJ has the Black Widow locked in! This could be it, JR!

Emma cried out in pain, but when the referee asked her if she wanted to tap out, she shook her head defiantly. After trying in vain to reach the ropes, Emma lifted AJ onto her shoulders and fell backwards, hitting her with a Samoan drop. Both divas stayed down for several seconds, as they recovered. When they were back on their feet, AJ ran at Emma, but Emma was ready for her and hit AJ with an arm drag. AJ got back to her feet and Emma took her down with a drop toe hold, then applied the Emma Lock! AJ was unable to counter or reach the ropes, and she tapped out, giving Emma the victory! Emma danced around the ring in celebration as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH FOUR

“The Man” hit in the arena and Daniel Rodimer came to the ring to a series of boos from the EBWF fans.

Jim Ross: Still ahead tonight, we’re expecting John Cena to address the EBWF Universe and our main event, Miz will take on Edge.

“Meat on the Table” hit and Ryback was to the ring next. Once both men were checked over the bell rang. They locked up and Ryback pushed Rodimer back to the corner and they broke. Ryback got a takedown and he tried to mount Rodimer but Rodimer squirmed to the rope for a break. Ryback took Rodimer back into the corner and stomped him. Ryback put Rodimer up for a fireman’s carry takeover and then spalled him in a ankle lock, but Rodimer got to the ropes and slid outside. Ryback followed outside and sent Rodimer face first into the steel steps. The referee tried to move things back into the ring. Ryback came from behind and slammed Rodimer back first into the turnbuckle. The two men went back inside now and Ryback whipped Rodimer into the ropes, and elevated Rodimer with a back body drop. Ryback hit a side breaker and a two count.

Jim Ross: Ryback in complete control here.

Ryback hit a two count and sent Rodimer into the corner. Ryback charged. Rodimer side stepped and Ryback met the turnbuckle shoulder-first. Ryback fell outside the ring. Rodimer followed him. Ryback turned back to him to throw Rodimer back inside. Rodimer threw Ryback into the corner and boot choked him. Rodimer had Ryback down on the mat for a choke to slow the pace. Ryback made his way to his feet. Ryback whipped Rodimer over, but then Rodimer flung Ryback outside to the arena floor. Ryback went back in now and started to throw fists at Rodimer, then he applied the guillotine, followed by a clothesline of Rodimer and then another. Ryback then hit a toss on Rodimer and came up with a two count. Ryback hit a German Suplex, hung on, and went for two but released and Rodimer landed on his feet. Ryback tried for Shell Shock. Daniel countered going for the Deal Breaker, and got a two count.

Jim Ross: Trading finishers here.

Ryback was laid out across the middle rope throat first now and Rodimer stood on the back of Ryback’s neck. Rodimer went for some push-ups and taunted Ryback. He went to slam Ryback. Ryback countered and got a single leg takedown, and then hit a catapult into the corner on Rodimer. Rodimer climbed the ropes. Ryback quickly leapt up to the ropes and tossed Rodimer to the mat with an overhead release suplex. He followed up with a German Suplex, held on and hit a second. Ryback went for a third and Rodimer broke the hold! Rodimer turned to face Ryback and hit him with a hard kick to the midsection, followed by a DDT. Ryback got to his feet and Rodimer whipped him into the ropes, then took him down with a powerslam. Rodimer made the cover, but Ryback kicked out at two. As Ryback sat up, Rodimer applied a headlock, but Ryback broke free and got to his feet. The two big men began exchanging right hands back and forth, and Ryback was able to overpower his opponent. Ryback grabbed Rodimer and whipped him hard into the corner, and as Rodimer staggered out of the corner, Ryback hit him with the Meat Hook clothesline. As Rodimer struggled to his feet, Ryback lifted him onto his shoulders and hit him with Shell Shocked!

Jerry Lawler: Huge Shell Shocked from Ryback! This one's over!

Ryback made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3! The referee called for the bell and raised Ryback's arm in victory. As Ryback made his way back up the ramp, Wade Barrett stepped through the curtain and stood at the top of the stage. Ryback stopped midway up the ramp for a second, stared at Barrett, flexed his muscles and then continued up the ramp. As Ryback got close to Barrett, Barrett began slow clapping, as if to patronisingly applaud Ryback for winning his match. Ryback walked past Barrett, barging him with his shoulder as he did so. Barrett smirked, then followed Ryback through the curtain.

SEGMENT

When “My Time Is Now” hit the PA the Boise, Idaho audience was instantly on their feet in an ear-splitting pop. The volume and intensity only increased when the World Champion, John Cena, energetically ran out from the back with a huge smile. His shirt and ball cap was its brilliant red, his denim shorts never looked more blue, and the freshly polished World Championship around his waist shone brightly. He roused the crowd at the top of the ramp, shouted into the camera playfully, sprinted down to the ring, and slid into the squared circle on his stomach. He stood, hyping the fans up even more by throwing his arms into the air and slapping at the belt around his waist. Seconds later a smiling Christy Hemme was handing him a microphone and his music was fading.

John Cena: So I was down at Rockie’s Diner earlier today for a little lunch...

He was interrupted by another huge pop as the name of the popular Boise hangout left his lips. His smile widened and he nodded.

John Cena: ... and I took the Rockies Challenge...

Again he was interrupted as he mentioned the infamous local food challenge. He patted his muscled abdomen.

John Cena: ... A massive 3-patty burger topped with a hotdog, pastrami, chili, Swiss cheese, American cheese, grilled onions, and mayo with a trough of chili cheese fries and a shake the size of my head. And I made that challenge my... my... well I kicked its butt!!!!

He chuckled as the fans once again cheered and clapped in celebration of his “oh-so-glorious” victory.

John Cena: One more challenge raised, and taken down. And, might I say, it does appear that the Rockies Challenge might in fact be the greatest foe I face this month. Why? Because last week on Warfare CM Punk announced that he was cashing in his Path to Glory Championship to challenge me for my World Championship. And, if I’m being totally honest, I was more intimidated by that plate of chili cheese fries today than I am of CM Punk.

He smirked but then his eyes seem to blaze with what all knew was, quite simply, hatred.

John Cena: I came out here the Warfare after I defeated one of the best, Randy Orton, in Three Stages of Hell and I said I was ready for my next challenge. And, while I don’t know if I’d call Punk a challenge, I’ve never turned down a challenger and I never will. Especially. not. him. In fact, I can’t tell you how much I’m actually looking forward to this match at Destiny. Because CM Punk and I have a long, sordid past and that’s no secret. But it’s time Punk. It’s time we. end. this. So I’ll see you at Destiny, Punk. And I’ll use you to teach the boys in the back a nice lesson. You don’t cash in that Path to Glory Championship, unless you know you can win. So Punk? Cashing in was one of just many stupid choices you have made because next Sunday? I’m going to leave you how you left me once before: with absolutely NOTHING.

John glared into the camera for a long moment then he was giving that confident Cena-smirk and lowering the microphone as his music hit and he handed the mic off to Christy with a wink and a grin that made her blush and smile. The main event was up next and, as the scene faded to commercial, Cena exited the ring and began to meet with fans along the barricades as he slowly made his way back up the ramp.

MATCH FIVE

“I Came to Play!” The crowd booed the arrival of The Miz as he made his way to the ring. “Metalingus” brought the arrival of the Tag Team Champion, Edge.

Jim Ross: Edge has his EBWF Tag Team Championship but just a few weeks ago, his partner, Randy Orton suffered a shoulder injury at the hands of John Cena. We’re not sure when he’ll be back in action. Edge may have to vacate the Tag Team Championship belts.

Jerry Lawler: Tonight he has to face the Miz. Let’s see if Edge can get it done here.

The bell rang and this match kicked off with both men locking up but quickly breaking. Edge talked smack, and then there was another lock up. This time Miz backed Edge into the corner. Miz sent Edge across the ring but got a drop toe hold for his troubles. Miz and Edge wrestled on the mat for a bit, and Miz scored a kick to the face. Edge kicked Miz in the gut, but Miz hit a short arm clothesline. Miz worked over Edge’s arm, wrenching and twisting away.

Edge hung Miz up in the ropes and kicked him in the gut, but Miz responded with a dropkick. Miz fought with punches and Edge came back with a slap. Edge surprised Miz with a knee to the gut that turned the tide. Edge went to the second rope and leapt off with a kick to Miz’s head. edge went for a pin and got a two count. Edge was frustrated, and backed into the corner, making a motion for his hand for Miz to get up. The crowd was going crazy as Miz stumbled to his feet. The crowd booed as DiBiase came to the ring in a hurry, and as Edge started toward him, DiBiase grabbed him by the ankle and he face planted. The crowd was furious, booing as the referee threw out the match and DiBiase started to take it to Edge with bit kicks. Miz recovered in the ring and approached Edge.

Jerry Lawler: This isn’t fair! It’s 2 on 1 and Edge’s partner is out of commission! Wait a minute…

Out of nowhere, Miz hit a huge SCF on DiBiase! The crowd was stunned. Miz stood over DiBiase as Edge bailed out of the ring and up the ramp. He stared up at Miz, obviously confused and surprised as Warfare went off the air.