Warfare Results 12/07/15

Ben M

Warfare Results 12/07/15

Post by Ben M »

SEGMENT

Pyrotechnics went off and Warfare was live on the air. The cameras panned around the arena catching the capacity crowd before it made its way to the announcers' booth.

Jim Ross: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! I'm Jim Ross, joined by Jerry "The King" Lawler!

Jerry Lawler: We are live from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas!

Jim Ross: Survivor Series was a great show this past Sunday and tonight we begin on the road to Christmas Eve of Destruction!

From there, Paul Heyman stepped out onto the stage causing the fans to erupt. Out came the four former EBWF World Champions, alongside their advocate, Paul Heyman. Christy Hemme introduced Styles, Lesnar, Punk, Crowe and Heyman. The men were wearing blue jeans, black boots, and no shirts, with their fists covered in black tape. Styles had noticeable scratches and bruises all over his face and looked pissed.

Jerry Lawler: AJ Styles went to war with Miz this past Sunday and the outcome was decided on who could cheat the best, JR, and Styles appears to be pretty upset it wasn't him!

Jim Ross: As for the other three men, they failed to win the Traditional Tag Team match where we saw Wes Ikeda and Chris Jericho emerge as sole survivors.

The men stood in the ring and Heyman held a microphone. "You Suck!” chants began picking up.

Paul Heyman: Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman...

The fans were absolutely on fire early. The boos were so loud you could barely hear a word from the microphones. Heyman waited for the crowd to settle some before continuing.

Paul Heyman: Last Sunday at Survivor Series we all witnessed a blatant abuse of authority. An injustice that I demand be rectified! First we saw the incompetent referees eliminate Brock Lesnar with an extremely fast count out. Then, not only were my clients CM Punk and Solomon Crowe outnumbered, they were completely out gunned, by being paired with the pitiful excuse of a tag team in Barrett and Ryback. The entire match was booked for the odds to fall in the favor of Wes Ikeda and his best friend Chris Jericho. The entire match was a fluke!

The Texans in attendance were giving Heyman all the heat he could handle and more.

Paul Heyman: That brings me to the BIGGEST FLUKE of the night! The Miz retaining the EBWF World Champion against AJ Styles!

They fans sure did hate AJ Styles, the "AJ Sucks" chants began. Heyman had to speak over the fans.

Paul Heyman: The Miz, being the guy he is, took out the referee and used a steel chair in which he delivered an illegal steel chair shot to the head of my client! Now, to my knowledge, steel chair shots to the head have been punished with a $100,000 fine, as the likes of Randy Orton, Edge, and AJ Styles himself have faced in the past. As of today, a week later, our champion The Miz has faced no type of repercussion. How is that fair? Where is our good will general manager, Stone Cold Steve Austin, to fix this? Where is Wes Ikeda to overrule the crooked act and make things right? It appears to me that they are nowhere to be found. Because the rules don't apply when they’re being broken against my client, AJ Styles. His career was endangered along with his livelihood, and because of the negligence on behalf of this company, I have decided to handle this legally, as we clearly have a case of discrimination on our hands, and a hazardous work environment.

The fans were now intrigued, still booing, but right in the palm of Heyman's hand.

Paul Heyman: But, my client doesn’t want to handle it in a legal fashion, instead we have come up with an ultimatum for whomever calls the shots around this place. Austin, Ikeda, Helmsley, it really doesn't matter who, as long as it's done. In just a few weeks on the night before Christmas there will be an event... An event that many people feel has allowed EBWF to embody the soul of ECW. Where hardcore anarchy is assured to occur. There, at this event, The Miz will give AJ Styles a rematch for the EBWF World Championship! OR...

Heyman paused as the fans awaited what he would say next.

Paul Heyman: Wes Ikeda will be a man and fight AJ Styles once and for all!

The fans went wild for that one. The fans were going absolutely crazy. “Wes Ikeda!” chants spread throughout the arena.

Paul Heyman: It's not a hard decision. Give my client one or the other, or face legal action. Simple as that...

Heyman now had a smirk on his face.

Paul Heyman: I would just hate if this year’s Christmas Eve of Destruction is cancelled…

The positivity of the crowd didn't last long as the boos were raining down on the faction once again.

MATCH ONE

As the cameras returned from commercial break, Summer Rae's music hit and she waltz out onto the stage from behind the staging curtain. Summer taunted the audience and made her way down to the ring, her eyes were locked on Kharma, who already stood in the ring. Kharma seemed to glare a hole through Summer who made her way inside the ring.

Summer's music cut off and the crowd cheered, ready for this match. Summer visibly gulped as the two Diva's circled the ring for a few moments. The bell rang and Summer made it a point to dodge Kharma each time she stepped forward. After a few more moments, Summer started laughing, Kharma kept her stone cold expression. Summer patted Kharma on the shoulder and laughed out at the audience. The fans looked around, not really sure what was happening. Summer quickly signaled for a microphone as Kharma crossed her beefy arms across her chest. Once Summer had a mic in hand she began to speak.

Summer: Jokes on you people, did you actually think I was going to fight Kharma?

Summer cracked up and shook her head no.

Summer: Puhh-lease. None of you people deserve to see me wrestle tonight, let alone against Kharma. I'm not looking for a death wish. You see, after we've suffered uncalled for attacks backstage or at ringside, or even that breech we had in the Mean Girls where we trusted Stacy Keibler and she screwed us!

Summer stomped her foot down at the thought, clearly not over it.

Summer: Well, we decided it was about time to get some muscle behind us. So we enlisted some security. That's where Kharma comes into this.

Summer slapped her hand against Kharma's shoulder.

Summer: The Mean Girls are packing some heat and we aren't afraid to use it. So to all you girls in the back, you better think twice before messing with us. The Mean Girls mean business, no more time for games. So consider yourselves warned.

Summer laughed and signaled for Kharma to head backstage.

Summer: Now Kharma, let's blow this dump!

The crowd booed the two Divas as they left the ring and made their way backstage.

MATCH TWO

Out first came the champion Jeff Hardy to a great ovation. He made his way to the ring slapping hands with the fans on the way. Once he got in the ring he awaited his opponent.

Jim Ross: Jeff Hardy will be in action next! But who will his opponent be?

Jerry Lawler: I was wondering the same thing since Justin Gabriel refuses to compete. Will Hardy win this match by forfeit?

"Obtuse" by PeroxWhy?Gen played over the sound system and Jeff Hardy looked curious to who it was. From behind the curtain stepped a familiar face, dressed in entirely new ring attire.

Christy Hemme: Making his way to the ring, P... J... Black!

The wrestler formerly known as Justin Gabriel stood on the stage with a smug look on his face. He made his way to the ring ignoring the fans at ringside.

Jim Ross: PJ Black has arrived tonight and he appears to have a totally new attitude!

The referee called for the bell and they locked up. Black went for the arm drag and took Hardy to the mat. They traded holds and tangled on the mat for a few moments. Black smacked Hardy hard across the face. Black shoved him hard and Hardy shoved him back. Black slapped on a side headlock. Hardy used his strength to send Black into the corner. Hardy dropkicked him in the corner. Black fell to a seated position. Hardy hit a big dropkick to the face and covered him. The referee counted- 1... 2... Black kicked out with authority! Hardy picked Black up and went for the Whisper in the Wind! PJ Black moved out of the way just in time and Hardy landed hard on the mat!

Jim Ross: Crash and burn!

PJ Black went to the top for a missile dropkick as Hardy stood. Black went for a cover and seemed upset when he only got a two count. Black pulled Hardy up hitting a backbreaker over the knee. Black stomped him viciously as the crowd began chanting for Hardy. Black pulled him up and Hardy blocked a brainbuster attempt and hit a front suplex!

Jim Ross: Don't count Hardy out just yet.

Hardy delivered rights to the face and hit a knee in the gut. He tried to hit the Twist of Fate but Black countered with a German suplex with a bridge. The referee counted- 1... 2... Hardy kicked out and now Black became visibly frustrated. He began choking Hardy with his bare hands until the referee heart disqualified him. Hardy fought to his feet with the crowd behind him. Black missed a clothesline and Hardy nailed Whisper in the Wind! He began stalking Black for a Twist of Fate but he is shoved into the referee. The ref goes down, then Hardy goes down from a low blow!

Jim Ross: Low blow! Low blow!

Black went to the top and hit the 450 Splash! Black stood quickly, holding his ribs while climbing to the top again, only to hit a second devastating 450 Splash!

Jerry Lawler: That has to be it, JR. I don't think anyone was expecting this.

PJ Black made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... 3!

Jim Ross: PJ Black has made a statement here tonight, that's for sure!

PJ Black didn't celebrate, he just made his way backstage leaving Jeff Hardy in the ring.

MATCH THREE

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, "Kryptonite" hit and the crowd cheered as Roman Reigns made his way through the crowd.

Jim Ross: Welcome back! Up next, we'll see Roman Reigns take on The Undertaker!

When Reigns had entered the ring, the arena lights went out and smoke filled the arena. A loud "BONG" was heard and "Rest in Peace" began to play as Undertaker came out to a mixed reaction. The Deadman walked slowly down the ramp, then glared at Reigns as he entered the ring. The arena lights came back up, and the referee called for the bell. Taker and Reigns charged towards one another, exchanging right hands back and forth furiously. Undertaker gained the upper hand, and after hitting Reigns with a series of punches in quick succession, he whipped him against the ropes. As Reigns ran back towards him, Undertaker took him down with a big boot. Reigns got back to his feet and Taker took him down with a reverse STO, then ran against the ropes and hit a running leg drop. Undertaker then pulled Reigns to his feet and whipped him into the corner, before running at him and hitting the corner clothesline. As Reigns staggered out of the corner, Undertaker grabbed him, climbing to the top rope and hitting Old School! Undertaker then signalled for the Chokeslam, causing the crowd to cheer in anticipation. Reigns got to his feet, and Taker hit it! Suddenly, the arena lights went out!

Jerry Lawler: What is going on here, JR?

Jim Ross: I'm not sure, King!

The arena lights went up again, and Mankind was in the ring, pummelling the Undertaker! The referee called for the bell, then tried to break up the brawl, but Mankind shoved him away then continued beating on Taker. Mankind then pulled Undertaker to his feet, and hit him with a Double Arm DDT.

Jerry Lawler: Well JR, I don't think this is the last time we'll see these two men collide!

Mankind rolled out of the ring and made his way to the back, leaving Undertaker laid out in the ring.

SEGMENT

Warfare no sooner had returned from a commercial, and the crowd was ready for the main event, when “AWEEEEESOME” followed by the Instrumental of “Awake and Alive” by Skillet was heard. There was a mixed reaction from the capacity crowd, as many still hated Vertex and what they stood for, but others were happy that Miz shut AJ Styles up at Survivor Series. Kyle O’Reilly, Finn Balor, and Kevin Owens emerged first in designer suits. O’Reilly held the EBWF Breakout Championship over his right shoulder, and all of the men had confident smirks on their faces. Ted DiBiase was next, also dressed in a fancy suit. Finally, the EBWF World Heavyweight Champion emerged from the back. Miz wore a gray suit with black undershirt and gray tie. His face had a small amount of scruff, and his hair was slicked with moose and combed back. The EBWF Championship was over his right shoulder, and he simply stood behind the rest of Vertex and threw his hands in the air as if to say “worship me.” The rest of Vertex applauded for Miz, as he held this pose for longer than usual. After several beats, Miz finally broke the pose and walked ahead of his other group members. With Vertex in toe, Miz entered the ring. He grabbed the microphone from Christy Hemme. Ted put his hand out, expecting to give the introduction as he usually does. Miz held his hand out to stop him, and instead Miz began to speak.

The Miz: Not tonight Ted- we don’t need an introduction- everybody knows who the hell we are by now. There is one man in particular that learned first-hand at Survivor Series who we are, and who I am. AJ Styles may have thought he had me figured out due to our long history, but at Survivor Series he went one on one with a Miz that is completely out of his league. He went one on one with a Miz that guaranteed victory, and a Miz that delivered. He may not have expected that, he may have not even considered it possible, but that’s exactly what happened. Unlike AJ not knowing what to expect from me, what he did earlier tonight is EXACTLY what I expected from him. “Wahhhh I lost! Wahhh Miz hit me with a chair... even though I brought the chair into the ring. Wahhh I’m dating a chick built like a fullback!”

The rest of Vertex snickered in the background, and there was a mixed reaction from the crowd.

The Miz: AJ Styles earlier tonight did ALL SORTS of AJ Styles things. You lost bro, get over it. Why do you act like it’s such a fluke? You’re a loser and that’s what losers do... but you AJ... you are a special kind of loser. You are the loser that loses and can’t accept it. The loser that gets his ass kicked, and then complains and carries on trying to get a rematch. You’re like a little kid that loses in an arcade game and cries because he’s out of tokens. Save it for somebody who cares, Styles. You had your shot... and you blew it. The closest you are going to get to my EBWF Title, was when I was standing over your lifeless body on Sunday at Survivor Series. Hashtag fact.

The Miz smirked.

The Miz: So A...

"Don't Treat Me Like A Woman..."

Miz's head turned on a swivel as he looked toward the entrance, and the crowd popped big for this rare entrance music.

"Don't Treat Me Like A Man
Don't Treat Me Like You Know Me...
Treat Me for Just Who I Am..."

Jim Ross: This is very unexpected, the Executive Vice President of Television and Production, the 9th Wonder of the World, Chyna! What's she doing out here, King?

Indeed, Joanie Laurer came from behind the curtain and started immediately down the ramp without much acknowledgement of the fans. Her sights set on Miz who looked perplexed, but unthreatened, as his boss moved toward him. She was dressed in a black business skirt suit, with a DX green silk shirt under the jacket. Her high heels were outlandishly tall, as the camera focused on her long legs moving up the ring steps. Miz jerked his head toward the ring ropes, and Kevin Owens and Finn Balor moved quickly to hold the middle rope down so Joanie could enter the ring. She thanked them, and then moved toward Christy Hemme to take a microphone. She turned toward Miz.

Joanie Laurer: Miz, let me just be one of many this week, to offer my heartfelt congratulations on retaining the EBWF World Championship last Sunday at Survivor Series. I knew that we could count on you to deliver yet another incredible match with AJ Styles.

Miz smirked once more as he adjusted his title higher up on his shoulder. He rubbed his scruff three times as he nodded.

The Miz: Why thank you very much... and yes... you can always count on me to deliver. AJ Styles is like an annoying itch on the back of the EBWF... and The Miz and Vertex are the calamine lotion baby!

The Miz laughed as did the rest of Vertex at Miz’s strange analogy.

Joanie Laurer: I'm afraid, Mike, that AJ causes the sort of itch that needs something a bit stronger than calamine lotion...

Vertex continued to snicker.

Joanie Laurer: I mean, we've all seen the tape.

Though juvenile, the crowd cheered that hypocritical reference to AJ's sex tape with Layla. Miz squinted at Joanie. He thought for a second about his response. Finally, a wry smile appeared on his face.

The Miz: Ah yes, the tape. There’s a word to describe both of the people in that tape... it sounds like itch... but that’s not it... hmm... it’ll come to me.

The Miz winked at Joanie and smiled knowingly. She smiled at him.

Joanie Laurer: Miz, as EBWF World Champion, we know you hold yourself to a high standard. Which is why it will probably come as no surprise to you that I'm going to have to do this. You are well aware, that steel chair shots to the head have been a banned practice in EBWF for some time. Now, while I know that AJ brought the chair into the ring, probably fully intending to use it on your head, two wrongs don't make a right.

The fans in the arena neither cheered nor booed. Instead a small smattering of "He deserved it!" began to be chanted, and Joanie stayed silent as it caught on. Miz nodded his head in agreement with the crowd.

Joanie Laurer: As punishment for bringing the chair into the ring in a standard rules match, AJ Styles will not receive a rematch at Christmas Eve of Destruction.

The crowd roared their approval.

Joanie Laurer: As punishment for using that chair to hit AJ Styles in the head, as is customary EBWF practice, Miz, you are being issued a one hundred thousand dollar monetary fine which must be paid by Christmas Eve of Destruction or you risk forfeiture of the EBWF World Championship.

Vertex started to yell inaudibly behind Miz. Miz turned to them and held his hand up, this seemed to calm his buddies down. Miz turned to Joanie and offered his retort.

The Miz: 100 Gs for hitting him in the head with a chair? Really? 100 Gs for doing EXACTLY what everyone else in this business wants to do to him? Part of being The Miz is living the life that everybody else wants to live, but never will. This past Sunday when that chair struck AJ’s dumb little head, all I was doing was allowing everybody... once again… to live vicariously through me. I can’t believe I’m being punished for being SO SELFLESS!! Joanie... with all due respect... I ask you to reconsider...

Miz took the mic away from his lips awaiting Joanie’s answer.

Joanie Laurer: I understand your position. Earlier tonight Paul Heyman came out here and made himself very clear. What Paul failed to understand was that we absolutely intended to fine you before he ever made his demands, but there is a lot of legal leg work that goes into imposing a monetary fine on an EBWF Superstar. EBWF will not have a lawsuit on its hands, nor will we bow to the whims of a rogue group of disgruntled employees.

The Miz smirked.

The Miz: And of course when you say “disgruntled employees” you mean pissy pants cry baby bitches...

For the first time in months the crowd laughed and cheered something that came out of The Miz’ mouth. Joanie had to smile as well.

The Miz: I just think if there was EVER a time for an exception to the chair shot rule... we are looking at it right he-

"Oh My Here We Go!"

Sound of Madness began to play in the arena, and Vertex looked to be on high alert as they began to steel themselves for an unexpected arrival from Wes Ikeda. He came onto the stage to the delight of the Austin, Texas crowd in distressed True Religion jeans and a plain, black v-neck t-shirt. He already had a microphone, and he proceeded down the ramp. As he got onto the ring apron, he held his hand out toward Vertex as if to say he wasn't looking for any trouble, and then he entered the ring through the ropes. He extended his hand to Joanie, who shook it warmly, and then he directed his gaze to Miz.

Wes Ikeda: You told him he wouldn't do it. I told him he wouldn't do it. Sad when a guy just won't learn, isn't it?

The Miz smirked.

The Miz: Sad is a pretty good word to describe him... but enough about that irrelevant moron though... I’m sad Wes... no I’m pissed... how can you be supporting this fine? Surely we can make an exception here... can’t we?

Wes Ikeda: Listen, Miz, I own EBWF. That's true. I make a lot of money off of this company. But you know that the Board of Directors ousted me as a decision making party a while ago. I just wrestle like everybody else. I'm only out here because Joanie had bad news. But I have good news. I got you a little early Christmas present.

The Miz smiled, he turned to Vertex who shrugged not quite knowing what to expect.

The Miz: Is this like the last time you got me a present? I was going to work my way up to asking Ferrari for a dance...

Wes Ikeda: Hey! Hey... I'm a married man, Mike. What happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas.

Miz nodded rubbing his chin with a shit eating grin on his face.

The Miz: So what’s the present then?

Wes Ikeda: I have full faith that the EBWF Administration intended to fine you before Paul Heyman came out here and made his list of demands. I heard him. I had no intention of responding, because as I said before, been there, done that, won the Slammy.

The Miz: Plus when AJ Styles, Paul Heyman, or any of those jamoaks talk all I hear is...

The Miz started making fart noises into the microphone. After several fart noises, he continued.

The Miz: So why would anyone respond to that?

Wes Ikeda: Um... exactly?

Wes chuckled a little.

Wes Ikeda: Heyman said that he and AJ Styles would sue EBWF for discrimination unless he was granted a rematch against you for the World Championship or a match against me at Christmas Eve of Destruction...

Wes seemed to think about that for a moment and then quipped.

Wes Ikeda: We'll just go ahead for a minute and pretend that that's not a little criminal offense called extortion...

The Miz: There he goes, breaking rules to get what he wants...

Wes Ikeda: Joanie and her cohorts upstairs are telling you you have to pay the piper.

The Miz rolled his eyes, and looked as though he was about to offer an objection. Wes held his hand up which calmed Miz enough for him to continue.

Wes Ikeda: The front office might, but I don't negotiate with pissy pants cry-baby bitches.

With that, Wes reached behind him, lifted up his shirt enough to go into his back pocket, and then he produced a check book. The crowd cheered as he rolled out of the ring, and went to the announce table, picking up a standard white and black Bic pen from in front of JR. He wrote on the check for a few moments, out of the camera's view, before signing his name with a flourish, and rolled back into the ring. He held the check up in front of the Miz.

Wes Ikeda: In order to protect my routing information and my address, Mike, what is this?

A wide smile formed on the face of The Miz as he looked at the check.

The Miz: Why Wes, that is a check for one hundred thousand dollars...

Wes Ikeda: And who is it made out to?

The Miz: It’s made out to... Mike Mizanin... why that’s... that’s me...

The Miz smiled as did Wes. Wes began to write in the memo line.

Joanie Helmsley: Wes, it's completely unethical for you to pay someone's...

Wes Ikeda: Now, now... Joanie. I am giving, my friend a Christmas Gift...

The Miz: Yeah Joanie... don’t be a Scrooge...

Wes Ikeda: I even wrote "Merry Christmas" in the memo line, Joanie. So, I don't know what you're implying!

Wes ripped the check out of the book and offered it to Miz as the crowd cheered, both men having found a way to avoid AJ Styles at Christmas Eve of Destruction.

Wes Ikeda: Merry Christmas, Champ!

Miz nodded with a smile as Wes rolled out of the ring, stopping in front of JR to open his palm and drop the pen in a "mic drop" fashion in front of the announcer. He went back toward the backstage area, slapping hands with fans up the ramp. Miz pocketed the check still smiling ear to ear. When his eyes caught Joanie’s he got extremely serious.

The Miz: So Joanie... after thinking about it all... I’ve decided to be the bigger man... and admit that I was very, very wrong for hitting AJ Styles in the head with that chair. The fine... the fine is no problem... I’ll have that paid in full by Christmas Eve of Destruction...

The Miz winked at her as “Awake and Alive” was heard once again, and Vertex all arrogantly smiling exited the ring leaving Joanie in there all by herself. She couldn’t help but smirk as she shook her head watching Vertex make their way back up the ramp. Warfare then went to a commercial.

MATCH FOUR

When Warfare returned from a commercial Sami Zayn and Syxx were already in the ring. Symphony was on the outside in Syxx's corner.

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks, about to get a great match up underway between two superstars that have had a heck of a lot of success in the EBWF. One more recently than others.

Jerry Lawler: This should be a great one, JR!

The bell rang and the match was underway. The two men quickly began to circle each other and then met in the middle with an aggressive lock up. The advantage went to Zayn who got Syxx in a side headlock. Zayn cinched in the pressure until Zayn shoved him off into the ropes. On the rebound Syxx went for a lariat but Zayn ducked it, when Syxx turned around he was met in the chin with a standing drop kick from Zayn. Zayn went for a cover and earned a two count.

Jim Ross: Got him right in the chin there, King!

Jerry Lawler: OW!

Zayn picked Syxx up by the head and went for a scoop slam but Syxx went over the top of Zayn and hit a running bulldog. Syxx went for a cover and earned a two count. Syxx stayed on the attack stomping on Zayn a couple of times. Zayn tried to crawl to his feet but instead ended up slumped in the corner sitting, out of breath. Syxx looked at Zayn and the crowd knew what was coming. Syxx ran at Zayn and went for the Bronco Buster, but Zayn was playing possum and rolled out of harm's way leaving Syxx nothing but turnbuckle to straddle. Zayn quickly grabbed a doubled over Syxx and planted him with a DDT in the center of the ring, the referee counted ONE... TWO... but Syxx kicked out as his hand was coming down for three.

Jim Ross: I thought that was going to be it right there!

Jerry Lawler: Me too, JR!

Sami again was back up to his feet before Syxx, and he began to stalk him by circling him. Syxx slowly made his way to his feet, and Zayn locked in a sleeper hold. Syxx was ready for this though as he countered the hold into an arm drag. Zayn was quick to pop back up and Syxx greeted him with a spinning heel kick, which brought the crowd out of their seats. Zayn got up and Syxx went for the X-Factor, but Sami blocked it he then ran off the ropes and went for a sunset flip, but Syxx would not go down, instead Syxx whipped his body around and struck Zayn with a kick right to the side of the head. Syxx went for the cover and the referee counted... ONE... TWO... THR... but Zayn kicked out at two!

Jim Ross: Bah Gawd! How did Zayn kick out there, I thought that knocked him out cold!

Jerry Lawler: He's not done JR.

Syxx went to the second rope, and came flying off with a leg drop, but Sami moved out of the way. The momentum shifted again, as Zayn was to his feet, when Syxx slowly made his way up Sami Zayn whipped him off of the ropes and on the rebound he planted Syxx in the center of the ring with a powerful arm drag take down. He went for the cover and the ref counted ONE... TWO... but Syxx kicked out again. The crowd was really enjoying the match as Sami picked Syxx up and whipped him into the corner.

Jim Ross: Looks like he's going for Helluva Kick.

Sami charged and went for it, but Syxx ducked out of the way. Sami rebounded still at a vertical base which was unfortunate for him as Syxx was able to turn around and plant a dazed Sami Zayn with the X Factor in the middle of the ring. The referee counted ONE... TWO... THREE!

Jim Ross: He got it! Syxx beats Sami Zayn tonight!

Jerry Lawler: What a win for him!

Syxx's music hit as his arm was raised in victory. Warfare went to a commercial.

MATCH FIVE

Jim Ross: Up next, our main event... Ted DiBiase takes on the Intercontinental Champion, Chris Jericho!

"Heroes" by Shinedown hit and the crowd booed as DiBiase stepped out onto the stage, accompanied by Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, and the EBWF Breakout Champion Kyle O'Reilly.

Jerry Lawler: Here come the Vertex, but where is the Miz, JR?

Jim Ross: Maybe he's decided to go out and spend that "Christmas present" from Wes Ikeda, King!

Owens, Balor and O'Reilly stood at ringside as DiBiase entered the ring. "Break The Walls Down" hit, and the crowd cheered as Chris Jericho headed to the ring. Despite being outnumbered, there was a cocky smirk on Jericho's face as he entered the ring.

Jerry Lawler: I guess Jericho is feeling confident tonight, JR!

The referee called for the bell, and Jericho and DiBiase locked up. DiBiase went for a headlock, but Jericho broke out of it and pushed DiBiase into the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. Both men got to their feet and Jericho hit DiBiase with a series of backhand chops, then set him up for a one-handed bulldog, but DiBiase countered with a half-nelson backbreaker. DiBiase stomped on Jericho several times, then picked him up and threw him out of the ring. He then ensured that the referee had his back turned to Jericho, allowing Owens, Balor and O'Reilly time to hit him with a series of stomps and kicks! The crowd booed and as the referee turned around, Vertex threw Jericho back into the ring and stepped away, protesting their innocence. The referee looked suspicious, but DiBiase continued the beatdown on Jericho, hitting a fist drop then pulling him away from the ropes, hooking the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! DiBiase pulled Jericho to his feet and hit a series of right hands, then whipped him into the ropes. DiBiase then went for a high knee, but Jericho ducked out of the way, ran against the opposing set of ropes, and hit DiBiase with a flying forearm smash. Both men got to their feet and Jericho hit a double underhook backbreaker, then ran towards the ropes and springboarded, hitting the Lionsault! Jericho hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: Jericho with a near fall!

Jim Ross: Despite the numbers game, Jericho is giving it his all tonight King!

Jericho pulled DiBiase to his feet and set him up for a suplex, but DiBiase blocked it, countering with a suplex of his own. Both men got to their feet once more and DiBiase whipped Jericho against the ropes, then hit a snap scoop powerslam. Jericho got back to his feet and DiBiase set him up for the Million Dollar Dream, but Jericho blocked it and flipped DiBiase over with a fireman's carry slam. As DiBiase got to his feet, Jericho grabbed his legs and took him down to the mat, then applied the Walls of Jericho!

Jim Ross: Walls of Jericho locked in! This could be it, King!

DiBiase cried out in pain and tried to get to the ropes, but they were out of reach. He cried to crawl closer, but Jericho dug his heels in, stopping DiBiase from getting to the ropes. DiBiase stretched out his arm once more, and Owens grabbed him, pulling him towards the ropes! DiBiase grabbed the bottom rope and the referee forced Jericho to break the hold. As DiBiase struggled to his feet, Jericho signalled for the Codebreaker! O'Reilly climbed onto the ring apron to distract the referee, but Jericho ran at him and hit him with a forearm smash. O'Reilly fell to the ground, but the distraction had given DiBiase time to recover. He grabbed Jericho and locked in the Million Dollar Dream! Jericho tried to break out of it, but was unable to do so, and as DiBiase increased the pressure, Jericho was knocked unconscious. The referee called for the bell and DiBiase broke the hold, then began to celebrate his victory.

Jerry Lawler: I don't believe it, JR! DiBiase just knocked Jericho out cold!

Jim Ross: Yeah but Jericho would have had the match won if it wasn't for Vertex!

Owens, O'Reilly and Balor entered the ring to celebrate with DiBiase. As Jericho began to stir, the four members of Vertex attacked him! Jericho tried to fight them off, but Vertex were too strong and after they wore him down, DiBiase hit Dream Street. He then exited the ring, taking the Intercontinental Title and placing it over his shoulder.

Jim Ross: Is it not enough that they've taken out Jericho? Now DiBiase is taking his title too! What heinous actions we're seeing from these men King!

DiBiase then walked to the back with the championship as Warfare went off the air.