Warfare Results 01/18/16

Ben M

Warfare Results 01/18/16

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Pyro went off in the arena to kickoff EBWF Warfare.

Jim Ross: We are just two weeks away from the first pay-per-view of the year, The Royal Rumble!

Jerry Lawler: The Royal Rumble will kick off the Road to Wrestlemania, and what a tourney that will be. Speaking of the Royal Rumble… check this out JR…

The big screen in the arena displayed for the audience in attendance, while viewers at home saw a still of AJ Style’s Twitter feed.

Jim Ross: That’s right, King. AJ Styles, fool that he is, has volunteered to be the number one entrant into the Royal Rumble.

Jerry Lawler: Fool?! I think that’s smart. Look at him getting into the psyche of his opponents.

Damien Sandow’s music hit and the Intellectual Savior made his way to the ring.

Jim Ross: We’re ready to kick off some action with our first match of the night. The returning Damien Sandow will take on Sheamus.

The Celtic Warrior was the next out to the ring, and once the two men were inside the referee rang the bell and the match began. Sheamus was in control early, until Sandow performed a back body drop off the second rope for a two count. Sheamus pressed Sandow up and slammed him down for a near fall of his own.

Jerry Lawler: These two want to end this one quickly!

Sheamus applied the cloverleaf, but Sandow reached the ropes to break the hold. Sandow connected with a spinning heel kick, and went for the pin, but Sheamus kicked out again after two. Sheamus ran Sandow into the ring post. Then he hit White Noise and covered Sandow, but Sandow kicked out. The crowd was enjoying the back and forth kick outs.

Jim Ross: An intense matchup for sure, King.

Sheamus leapt off the ropes and into a dropkick from Sandow, who scored a near fall moments later. Sandy went for a DDT, but Sheamus avoided him before hitting White Noise and going for the pin once more. 1..2..3!

Jerry Lawler: There’s a big victory for Sheamus!

Jim Ross: What a huge match to kick off Warfare!

MATCH TWO

After returning from commercial break, cameras shoot to the entrance area where Tyler Breeze makes his grand entrance to the ring.

Jim Ross: Here’s some excellent new talent. This young man is Tyler Breeze.

Jerry Lawler: And he seems a little full of himself.

Jim Ross: Let’s see if he can back it up, King.

“Here to Show the World” hit and Dolph Ziggler came to the ring to a big reaction from the EBWF fans. They begin dueling “Let’s Go Ziggler” “Let’s Go Breeze” chants.

Jim Ross: This crowd seems to be divided!

Indeed they were, some booing as Breeze got an early offensive advantage over Ziggler. With Ziggler down, Tyler went to the top rope, to lie back, ala a young Shawn Michaels.

Jerry Lawler: That man is working hard! He needs his rest.

Jim Ross: Give me a break.

Ziggler gained the upper hand now, flatlining Breeze with a big backbreaker, then he went over and relaxed against the ropes in the same fashion.

Jim Ross: Oh, come on. He’s just mocking him now!

Ziegler got Breeze in a surfboard submission hold. Breeze broke free. Ziggler knocked Breeze down. Breeze got back to his feet, and the two men began trading punches, when Breeze turned and hit an unexpected Beauty Shot to Ziggler. Breeze went for the pin, and took the 1..2..3!

Jim Ross: What a victory for Tyler Breeze.

Jerry Lawler: I guess he did back it up there, JR.

SEGMENT

The Missouri crowd popped when the tron lit up and Wes Ikeda was seen walking down the hallway. He was wearing a plain black, v-neck t-shirt and standard jeans, moving quickly around a corner.

Wes Ikeda: There you are!

The camera panned over to reveal Stone Cold Steve Austin. He was wearing a Stone Cold t-shirt and a Broken Skull Ranch baseball hat. The crowd popped again.

Wes Ikeda: Would you like to explain to me, how in the hell this happened.

Steve Austin: What?

Wes glared at him.

Wes Ikeda: Don’t start with me.

Steve Austin: You’re mad that AJ Styles is the number one entrant.

Wes Ikeda: No. No, I’m not about that. If he wants to prove himself to be a bigger idiot than I thought, that’s fine. What I’m mad about, is that I don’t understand how this happened. I don’t understand when people were allowed to just randomly announce on Twitter what number they’ll be entering the Rumble. There are rules. There are processes. There is a sorting hat. A Detroit Tigers sorting hat. This is supposed to be random…

Steve Austin: Look, look, Wes. Ole Stone Cold knows that once upon a time, you were in charge of this here television program. Times have changed. The EBWF Board of Directors have deemed you unfit to lead this fine organization, and in order to keep yourself involved, you’ve signed a contract to be a wrestler.

Wes Ikeda: That’s right.

Steve Austin: So this doesn’t concern you. The fact that the mealy mouth bastard wants to come in at number one, and the fact that he thinks he can just do whatever he wants on this show…

Wes Ikeda: That’s exactly right! This isn’t how you book wrestling, Steve. There are…

Austin reached up, grabbed the bill of his hat and removed it. Wes looked at him incredulously as he reached into the hat, pinching his fingers together as if he were selecting something from it. He put his hat back on his head, and then opened the imaginary piece of paper he’d collected.

Steve Austin: It looks like the sorting hat says that Wes Ikeda is entering the Royal Rumble at number thirty.

Wes blinked. Then looked to Steve’s empty hand, before glancing at his hat. He started to open his mouth, but no words came out.

Steve Austin: Anything else, Wes?

Wes shook his head.

Wes Ikeda: Nope, nope… thanks Steve. I think that’s all. Good talk.

Wes walked away without another word, leaving Austin shaking his head as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

AJ Lee is the first to the ring for this EBWF Diva’s match up.

Jerry Lawler: We’re set for Divas’ action!

Jim Ross: In two weeks, the divas will participate in their own Rumble to determine who will get a shot at the Women’s Championship at Wrestlemania.

Jerry Lawler: The real question is whether or not Trish Stratus will see Sasha AJ in a rematch before then.

Jim Ross: I certainly hope so, but Sasha had better be prepared, Trish has been unstoppable lately.

Torrie Wilson was next to the ring, and when the bell rang, the two locked up and AJ pushed Torrie to the corner. Another lock up and AJ continued to push Torrie into the ropes. Torrie came back with a firemans carry into a wrist lock. AJ pushed Torrie down, and stomped her in the chest.

Jerry Lawler: Get off of Torrie!

Torrie grabbed AJ by the ankle, and brought her down to the mat. They fought back to their feet and Torrie sent AJ face first into the corner. AJ fired back sending Torrie face first to the corner. AJ went for a cover on Torrie for a two count.

Jerry Lawler: Torrie is a legend, AJ. Try again.

AJ brought double knees to Torrie in the corner. Then she pulled back on Torrie’s arms, choking her. Torrie came out of the corner, and walked into a clothesline. Torrie managed to Irish whip AJ to the corner, but AJ charged out, pushing Torrie back to the corner and propping her up on the top turnbuckle. Torrie fought out with kicks to AJ including a big kick sending AJ back. Torrie hit a missile dropkick that leveled AJ. Torrie tried to capitalize, bending over to pick AJ up by the hair. As AJ made it to her feet, she latched on to Torrie for The Black Widow. Torrie couldn’t fight out of it, and tapped out.

Jerry Lawler: No, Torrie! Not like this!

Jim Ross: After that amazing bit of unbiased commentary from The King, AJ Lee has won this diva’s matchup here tonight. She could win the Rumble in just two weeks.

Jerry Lawler: I got to go check on Torrie!

Jim Ross: Oh, sit down, King.

SEGMENT

When Warfare came back from commercial the crowd was restless waiting to see what was going to happen next.

Jim Ross: Welcome back to Warfare folks, we got a lot of show left for you here ton...

"AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMEEEEEEEEE"

"I Came To Play" by Downstait was heard and the crowd erupted in boos. The Miz, dressed in a three-piece suit with his hair slicked and some serious scruff on his face, emerged from the curtain. He whipped the EBWF Championship confidently over his right shoulder as he began his strut to the ring. He didn't seem phased at all that he was no longer flanked by Vertex due to the events that had occurred the week prior. The crowd greeted him with their usual chorus of boos.

Jim Ross: Well here he comes King, the EBWF Champion, it'll be interested to hear what he has to say after the debacle that took place a week ago. It was a full on dumping of their leader by what was once known as the Vertex.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah I mean they said they were going to dominate 2016, but they didn't even make it out of January!

The Miz grabbed a microphone from the time keeper and began to confidently move it from finger to finger. He had a smirk on his face as the boos intensified. A "You Got Dumped" chant broke out from the capacity crowd, which brought a smile to his face.

The Miz: Really? Really? REALLY?! I got dumped? Perhaps you idiots should go back and watch again. Last week, I asked for those guys to do what they did. I wanted them to attack me, to leave me, why do you think I didn't fight back? Huh? Is it because I couldn't decimate all 4 of those jamoaks at the same time? No. It is because I wanted them gone, out of my life, and I bended their minds to make it seem like it was their idea. You may be like why Mike? Why would you do such a thing? To that I say... don't call me Mike... Miz will do... or Hero... or savior... any of those... and the answer is simple. It was CLEAR... CLEAR that those guys were starting to become disloyal. The fact that it didn't take long at all for me to entice the type of reaction out of them that I did, was proof positive of that. The reason they were disloyal, quite frankly is because they were JEALOUS. Jealous of my success, jealous of this championship, jealous that they've been by my side for the last six months and nobody even knows who the hell they are. Jealous and bitter... and when you put those two together... you get a group of guys you are BETTER off without.

The crowd booed as Miz began to pace the ring.

The Miz: What I am... is a leader... but more than that I am a genius. I made those guys feel important for these past several months. I made them feel like they mattered... I made them feel like they were helping... when in reality as we all saw at Christmas Eve of Destruction- I didn't then... and I NEVER HAVE needed them to reach the top of this business and stay there. From day ONE... since mama Miz pushed out this beauty that stands before you... I was destined to be the BEST PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER THAT EVER STEPPED FOOT ON PLANET EARTH... and with or without the clowns that have walked behind me and sniffed my farts for the last six months... that is EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN... and it is EXACTLY WHO I AM NOW.

The crowd booed even louder.

The Miz: The fact of the matter is...

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!

The crowd cheered as Chris Jericho stepped out onto the stage, wearing a pair of ripped Levi's and his "Light it Up" Authentic t-shirt. Jericho had a microphone with him, and as his music was cut, he began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Mike Mizanin, on behalf of everyone in Missouri, and around the world, I have to ask... would you please SHUT THE HELL UP?

The crowd cheered once more, and Jericho grinned. He made his way down the ramp, addressing Miz as he did so.

Chris Jericho: So last week on Warfare, the inevitable happened, and Vertex is no more. Once again Miz, your ego got the better of you, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one that enjoyed watching you get your ass handed to you. You've been the World Champion for four months now, in no small part thanks to your cronies, and one victory without them makes you think you're a big shot? You might be the World Champion, but that doesn't mean you've earned my respect.

At this point, Jericho entered the ring. Miz let out a laugh.

The Miz: Do you think I care what you think, Jericho? I don't give a damn what you think! I'm The Miz, and I'm aw-

Jericho cut him off.

Chris Jericho: Awful. You're awful. We know. And I don't care whether or not you care what I think, so I guess we're even there. But here's what I do care about, Miz. I care about the fact that you're out here mouthing off about Vertex, when the Royal Rumble is less than two weeks away and you don't have an opponent. If you're the great professional you claim to be, shouldn't you be looking forwards, not to the past? Shouldn't you be thinking about the next wrestler that the almighty Miz can defend his World Title against? Because I've been thinking about it, and I think I know just the guy...

The crowd cheered, understanding what Jericho meant. Miz shook his head.

The Miz: Really? Really? Really? What makes you think that you've earned a title shot, Jericho? If you want a title shot, you know what you have to do... win the Royal Rumble, and I'll gladly defend my title against you at Wrestlemania... and beat you in front of the whole world! Because I'm The Miz, and I'm...

Before Miz could finish his signature catchphrase, glass shattered and the crowd cheered once more as the EBWF General Manager, Stone Cold Steve Austin, stepped out onto the stage. Austin brought a microphone with him, and as his music was cut, the Texas Rattlesnake began to speak.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: I'm sorry Miz, but if I have to listen to you tell everyone that you're awesome, I might just have to drink myself to death. Now I don't normally agree with a damn thing you say, Miz, but you do actually have a point. Chris Jericho, you know I like you, but I don't give anything away for free. So forget The Miz for a moment, and answer to me. Why should I give you a title shot at the Royal Rumble, when every other guy in the locker room has to go through 29 other guys to earn one?
Jericho pondered Austin's question for a moment, then answered it with a glint in his eye and a note of determination in his voice.

Chris Jericho: Because I don't want to wait until Wrestlemania, Steve. I want to walk into Wrestlemania as the EBWF World Champion. So if you want me to earn a title shot at the Rumble, all you have to do is tell me what I've got to do to earn it.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: I like the way you think, Christopher. So here's what I'm going to do. Next week on Warfare, in our main event, you're going to compete in a "Pick Your Poison" match. Your opponent will be chosen by our esteemed World Champion... and if you win, you get your title shot. If you lose... well, then good luck winning the Royal Rumble match. What do you think, Mike? Does that sound fair to you?

Miz nodded, looking smug.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Well then I guess I'll see you both next week!

The glass shattered once more, and Stone Cold made his way to the back. Jericho and Miz stared each other down as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH FOUR

“Obtuse” by PeroxWhy?Gen hit and the crowd booed as the PTG Champion, PJ Black, stepped out onto the stage. Black headed to the ring, and upon entering the ring he climbed the turnbuckle and held up the PTG Title, taunting the crowd with the gold. Black then stepped down from the turnbuckle and stood in the corner, awaiting the arrival of his opponent. "Heroes" by Shinedown hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Black's opponent, Ted DiBiase, headed to the ring.

Jim Ross: Here we go, it's time for our main event... the new PTG Champion, PJ Black, takes on the three time PTG Champion, Ted DiBiase!

As he entered the ring, DiBiase looked across at his opponent, daring Black to come at him. The referee called for the bell and Black ran at DiBiase, going for a clothesline. DiBiase ducked out of the way and hit Black with a series of punches, then whipped him into the corner. DiBiase ran at Black, but Black got his feet up and kicked DiBiase away. DiBiase staggered backwards and Black went to the top rope, hitting DiBiase with a crossbody. Both men got to their feet and Black whipped DiBiase against the ropes, before hitting a jumping back kick. As DiBiase got back to his feet, Black hit a spin-out powerbomb, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Jerry Lawler: PJ Black with a near fall!

Black got to his feet and stomped on DiBiase several times, then pulled the third generation superstar to his feet and set him up for a back drop. DiBiase blocked it, countering with a headlock takedown. He then hit Black with a fist drop, followed by multiple elbow drops. After wearing Black down, DiBiase pulled the PTG Champion to his feet, hitting a half nelson backbreaker. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Jim Ross: Another near fall! This time DiBiase gets a two count!

DiBiase sat Black up and applied a sleeper hold, but Black broke out of it and both men got to their feet. The two men exchanged right hands back and forth, with Black gaining the upper hand. After hitting DiBiase with a series of punches in quick succession, Black hit an enzuigiri, dazing DiBiase. Black followed it up with a hurricanrana, then as DiBiase got to his feet, Black hit him with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. The artist formerly known as Justin Gabriel then went to the top roping, before hitting the 450 Splash! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Jerry Lawler: It's over! PJ Black gets the victory!

The referee called for the bell and raised Black's arm in victory. Black celebrated as Warfare went off the air.