Warfare Results 08/15/2016

Ben M

Warfare Results 08/15/2016

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Joey Styles: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! I'm Joey Styles, joined by Corey Graves!

Corey Graves: We are live from Chicago, Illinois!

Joey Styles: Up first tonight, we've got women's action as Taeler Hendrix takes on Paige!

After Taeler had made her way to the ring, Paige came out to a mixed reation from the crowd. The bell rang and the two women locked up. Taeler broke the hold, and Paige went for a clothesline, but Taeler ducked out of the way, then whipped Paige against the ropes. As Paige ran back towards her, Taeler hit a dropkick. Both women got to their feet and Paige followed up with a snapmare, before hitting a leg drop. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Taeler pulled Paige to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then ran at her, going to spear here against the turnbuckles. Paige moved out of the way and Taeler collided with the ringpost! She moved out of the corner, clutching her shoulder, and Paige rolled her up. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Both women got to their feet and Paige hit a belly to belly suplex and made the cover, then made the cover, but again Taeler kicked out at two. Paige seemed frustrated at only getting a two count and she stomped on Taeler several times, then pulled her to feet and set her up for the Ram-Paige, but Taeler fought out of it and countered with a northern lights suplex. Both women got to their feet and Taeler lifted Paige over her shoulders, hitting the Kiss Goodnight! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Joey Styles: It's over! Taeler Hendrix gets the victory!

Corey Graves: An impressive performance from both these women, Joey!

Taeler celebrated, then made her way to the back.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare turned from a commercial break, Shanna made her way to the ring.

Joey Styles: Up next, more women's action as Shanna, "Portugual's Perfect Athlete", takes on Eva Marie.

Eva came to the ring next and the referee called for the bell. Eva whipped Shanna against the ropes and went for a clothesline, but Shanna got ducked out of the way and got behind Eva, lifting her up for a German suplex. Both women got to their feet and Shanna whipped Eva into the corner, then ran at her, hitting a corner clothesline. Eva staggered out of the corner and Shanna took her down with a drop toe hold, then went to apply an STF. Eva fought out of it and both women got to their feet once more. Eva and Shanna locked up, and Eva went for a snapmare, but Shanna blocked it and countered with a reverse DDT. She went to the top rope, and hit Eva with the Frog Splash! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: It's over! What an impressive performance by Shanna... she beat Eva Marie in record time!

Shanna celebrated, then headed backstage.

SEGMENT

Warfare returned from commercial to settle on Randy Orton, who was backstage in a slim black RKO t-shirt with “Outta Nowhere” printed on the back, and a pair of jeans. He was sitting in a chair, his legs propped up on a table that looked to be used for catering. Renee Young approached him from off camera, mic in hand.

Renee Young: Randy, you had an encounter last week with PJ Black, who attacked you during your match with Enzo Amore. Do you have a response to his actions?

She was met with silence. Randy had his eyes glued to his iPhone, which he was browsing through at the moment.

Renee Young: Uh, Randy?

Still no answer. Renee was clearly caught off guard by Randy’s extremely casual, dismissive behavior. She faced the camera.

Renee Young: Well, I guess we’ll go back to--

Randy Orton: Did you know that a cubic inch of human bone is roughly four times as strong as concrete?

Renee Young: I'm sorry, I...

Randy Orton: Matter of fact, ounce for ounce, human bone is a stronger material than steel.

Renee fell silent, merely putting the mic close to Randy. He looked up at the mic, then up at her with an arched eyebrow.

Randy Orton: What, not a fan of useless trivia?

Randy put his phone into his pocket and stood up, towering over the diminutive Renee.

Randy Orton: Here's another useless little factoid. PJ Black is still employed by EBWF. Not only that, but he's the Path to Glory Champion. let that settle in for a quick moment. PJ Black is mere inches away from the ability to cash in his Path to Glory Championship and become number one contender for the EBWF World Championship. PJ decided that he wanted to be more than just a footnote in EBWF history, so he decided to try and elevate above his position by attacking me. So, in the miracle that he doesn't get what's coming to him next week?

Randy smirked.

Randy Orton: At Summerslam, I'm going to take that Path to Glory title off his hands, and if he's lucky, I might just leave a few bones of his unbroken.

Randy brushed past Renee and walked out of the camera shot. The camera flashed an EBWF logo and faded to black.

MATCH THREE

Corey Graves: Next up we have one of the hottest feuds in this company! Baron Corbin versus Jimmy Havoc, if Baron loses, Brookside is no longer allowed to manage him!

“Superhuman” by CFO$ blasted throughout the Allstate Arena as Baron Corbin made his way out to the ring, Robbie Brookside by his side. He did his usual pose and then waited in the corner for his opponent. Silence filled the arena as Corbin pointed to the stage and motioned for Jimmy to come out. More silence filled as the crowd starts chanting “DIE! HAVOC! DIE!” Corbin smiles and motioned the crowd to keep it coming. “I Hope You Suffer” by AFI finally hit and Havoc made his way onto the stage mic and Breakout Championship in hand.

Jimmy Havoc: Die Havoc Die? Rather original from such a smarky little shitty Chicago crowd! I think I’d rather be back in London listening to the people who actually started that chant! Come on Chicago, I knew you sucked but Jesus!

The crowd started booing heavily towards Havoc as he made his way into the ring.

Jimmy Havoc: You see Baron, this is quite possibly the biggest mistake in your life. Once I beat you and Brookside is banished, you will feel nothing but pain from me…unless you give yourself up now and join me. Do away with this whole ceremony and just cut your losses. I think that...

Baron slapped the mic out of Havoc's hand as the crowd cheered; Havoc threw off his belt and his coat and signalled for the ref to start the match. Baron ran straight at Havoc and went for a clothesline which Havoc ducked and reversed into a neckbreaker. Corbin got back to his feet quickly and Havoc kicked him straight in the gut which dropped him back to a knee, Havoc hit a small DDT and went for the cover. Corbin out at 1.

After a few minutes of Havoc working on Baron’s legs and arms, Baron started to make a comeback. Dropping Havoc with a clothesline, another clothesline and finally a big back body drop. The crowd started to get behind Corbin as heard through the “Let’s go Baron! Die Havoc Die!” chants. Baron acknowledged as he motioned for more from the crowd and they delivered. Havoc fell back into the turnbuckle, Corbin made his way to the opposite corner and ran and hit a huge splash on Havoc. Corbin then waited for Havoc to stand and threw him off the ropes and hit the Deep Six! Cover on Havoc! 1... 2... kickout! Baron looked bewildered and unsure of what to do next. He goes to the ropes and asks Brookside what do. Robbie jumped up on the apron and whispered into Baron’s ear. Havoc charged Baron from behind but Corbin moved at the last second sending Brookside into the barrier. Havoc didn’t look bothered but Corbin seemed worried, Corbin started punching Havoc which turned into a slug fest between the two until Havoc kicked Corbin in the gut again and hit a Go Home Driver! Jimmy saw his opportunity and climbed the top rope! Double Foot Stomp! Cover! 1... 2... kickout by Corbin! The crowd cheered as Corbin kicked out, seemingly out of desperation. Havoc looked angry and picked up Corbin, he went behind him, locked the wrist! Spin! Acid Rainmaker!

Corey Graves: Acid Rainmaker! That’s gotta be it Joey! No-ones kicked out of the Acid Rainmaker yet!

1... 2... kickout!

Joey Styles: Oh My God! Corbin kicked out! He kicked out!

Havoc stood up with pure shock on his face and shook his head in denial, he picked up Corbin one more time and went behind him, locked the wrist, spin! Reversed! End of Days!

Corey Graves: OH WOW! Corbin just used Havoc’s own momentum to hit the End of Days! Is this it?!”

Corbin covers! 1... 2... 3!

Joey Styles: It’s over Corey! Corbin wins and Brookside survives!

The crowd cheered as the villain had been defeated. Brookside got in the ring, jumped up and down and got Baron too his feet. He raised Baron’s arm to which Baron refused. Corbin pulled away from Brookside to Brookside’s shock. Havoc from behind! Acid Rainmaker!

Joey Styles: Robbie Brookside has just been knocked out of his boots. He can’t do that to a legend!

Corey Graves: To be fair Joey. I’m not going to tell Havoc he can’t do that... are you? Dude's a psycho!”

Havoc fell to the floor after the Rainmaker and pushed Brookside out of the ring. He got onto his knees as Baron offered a hand to pick Havoc up to which Havoc accepted. They had a stare down in the middle of the ring until... Corbin dropped to one knee! He dropped his head to motion to Havoc that he wanted to join him.

Corey Graves: Wait! Corbin beat Havoc but still wants to join him?!

Havoc picked Corbin up and motioned him to walk to the back with him. They got out of the ring, Corbin picked up Havoc’s Breakout Championship and handed it to him.

The two made their way to the back as a vignette for the Summerslam played.

SEGMENT

As the fans settled into their seats with the commercial break coming to an end, they suddenly erupted into cheers as the arena lights started to flash red and yellow, with “Worlds Apart” by CFO$ blasting the PA system. Eventually, Sami Zayn emerged on to the stage in his usual, dancing fashion wearing his casual gear, complete with his flat cap. He was all smiles, despite losing to PJ Black at Sacrifice and failing to capture the Path to Glory Championship. He pumped up the crowd on the steel steps before getting into the ring and picking up a microphone which was waiting for him. He circled the ring for a short while before he cut the music by speaking over it.

Sami Zayn: I know you guys didn’t expect to see me out here tonight, in fact, I didn’t know myself if I was going to go ahead and walk through the curtains to talk to you all, but it’s something I have to do. There’s no sugar coating it, PJ Black beat me at Sacrifice, he retained his Path to Glory Championship... the only thing I can do or say is congratulations to PJ and that I apologise to all of you.

His comments prompted cheers as well as the loud ‘Ole!’ chants, and it didn’t sound like the fans minded about Sami’s loss to PJ.

Sami Zayn: It’s just... something that eats up at me whenever people bring it up. The same question, and it’s funny how things can change so quickly. Over the last six months, probably longer, I’ve come to this ring week in, week out. Not only to do what I love for all of YOU, but to be the best and I proved that, I honestly believe I proved that. Then suddenly... one tag team loss brings you back down to earth. Seeing Baron getting pinned in the Tag Team Classic made me realise that it looks bad on me as well, and the records will always say, Jimmy Havoc and Seth Rollins defeated Baron Corbin... and Sami Zayn.

He continued to circle the ring as the fans booed when he mentioned Havoc and Rollins, before continuing.

Sami Zayn: And then one loss triggers another, and it hurt like hell because after so much heated words and actions... PJ Black beat me. Then the questions start, what next for Sami? Where does Sami go from here? Is this the start of the fall from grace? So many questions, and I felt only I could answer them rather than let you guys hear it elsewhere. What’s next for Sami Zayn after the losses... is Summerslam, where I take on Chris Jericho for the EBWF World Championship. THAT'S the night I reach the top again despite everything that's happened, so I'm not too worried about what's happened over the past few weeks. Right now, my focus is on Summerslam, and on Chris Jericho.

Fans cheered as Sami hyped up his match with Chris Jericho for the title at Summerslam, as Sami couldn't help but smile a little as he realised how big of an opportunity he was getting again.

Sami Zayn: I’m man enough to say that with Chris being the champion, he’s the number one star in this company, and the only way I can move from number two to number one, is by dethroning him in a couple of weeks. And I know right now it seems like it’s only words considering what’s happened and I have all the respect in the world for Chris and what he’s done... but we need a new World Champion and I’m the man that’s going to take it from him. And when that happens...

"Second Coming" by CFO$ suddenly hit the PA system, interrupting Sami Zayn. From the backstage area, out onto the stage came Seth Rollins and Jimmy Havoc, both in their ring gear, and carrying one microphone each. Seth signalled to cut the music and began to talk as they slowly made their way to the ring.

Seth Rollins: Well, it looks like we were right all along, Sami. We told you during the Tag Team Classic that all these opportunities would catch up to you, and now look at you, all losses lately.

Jimmy Havoc: Sami you remember us? We were the two that beat you in the Tag Team Classic!

The Chicago crowd booed as Jimmy mentioned Sami's loss.

Jimmy Havoc: These fuckers certainly remember that Seth and I beat you and Baron and you put a nice little L on your record. PJ Black then added a new one, so let me quickly get this straight, you lost in the Tag Team Classic, lost the PTG Championship Match and you STILL get an EBWF Championship match. I know you won King of the Ring but come on! Oh and don't get us started on the EBWF Champion, Chris Jericho! What a nice job he has... He is the "face" of the company and doesn't even show his face on Warfare! You know who do show their faces?! Week in week out!? Us! We carry this company and get zero fucking recognition for it! Jericho gets to be on all the talk shows, be in all the movies and all the publicity he can get his filthy little hands on! I'd love to be able to get my hands on you and Jericho and cut you up, to truly see if the ego you have drains out when your life flashes before your eyes. At the end of the day, quite frankly you're a cu...

"Break The Walls Down" hit, and the crowd cheered as Chris Jericho stepped out onto the stage. Jericho was wearing a "#ARMBAR" t-shirt from Pro Wrestling Tees, along with a leather jacket and designer jeans. Jericho had the EBWF World Title draped over his right shoulder, and a microphone in his left hand. As Jericho walked down the ramp, his music was cut and he began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Seth... Jimmy... you guys are right. You are a dominant force in the EBWF right now. You've beaten a lot of superstars, including the man I will defend the World Title against at Summerslam, Sami Zayn. But there's one person you haven't beaten, and that's me. You might be a dominant force, but I'm the dominant superstar.

Jericho stopped at the bottom of the ramp, then held the EBWF World Title in the air.

Chris Jericho: This championship? It shows I'm the best in the world at what I do. So before the two of you get cocky because you've beaten the ultimate underdog, maybe you should take your chances against the top dog.

Seth Rollins: The top dog, Chris? I'm glad you realize that you're nothing but a dog trying to bark at the man, Seth Rollins. If you think you're the top dog around here, how about you prove it, instead of vanishing every week to whatever it is you do when you're not hogging the spotlight.

Chris Jericho: I thought you'd never ask.

Jericho dropped the microphone, removed his leather jacket, placed the World Title next to the steel steps, and threw his shirt into the crowd. He entered the ring and clenched his fists, locking eyes with Rollins and Havoc. Sami Zayn stood next to Jericho, and as all four men readied themselves for a fight, "Glass Shatters" by Disturbed hit and the crowd cheered as Stone Cold Steve Austin stepped out onto the stage.

Steve Austin: Alright... enough of this. You four are some of the cockiest sons of bitches I've ever laid eyes upon, and I would love to see you go to war right here tonight in Chicago. But here's what I'm going to do. Next week on Warfare - our last show before Summerslam - Seth and Jimmy, you're going to be competing in a tag team match. Your opponents are going to be the two men who are stood in the ring with you right now. The two-time King of the Ring, Sami Zayn... and the nine-time EBWF World Champion, Chris Jericho! So you four yellow bellied bastards better keep your fists to yourselves until next Monday. And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold said so!

"Glass Shatters" hit and Austin made his way to the back. Rollins and Havoc mouthed "see you next week" to Zayn and Jericho, then exited the ring. Zayn and Jericho exchanged a look as Warfare went off the air.