Warfare Results 07/30/2018

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 07/30/2018

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Greensboro, North Carolina!

Corey Graves: Kicking things off tonight, we've got women's action as Nikki Cross goes one on one with Charlotte!

Mauro Ranallo: Last time we saw Nikki Cross in an EBWF ring, she attacked our ring announcer Christy Hemme. It's a sign of how professional Christy is that she's out here doing her job tonight!

Corey Graves: I really hope Nikki can keep her temperament under control tonight, Mauro, not just for Christy's sake but for her own sake too... another incident like that and Nikki Cross will surely be fired!

"Glasgow Cross" by CFO$ hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Nikki made her way to the ring. As Nikki entered the ring, Christy Hemme backed into the corner, obviously nervous to be around the woman who attacked her two weeks prior. Nikki ran over to Christy and gave her a hug, presumably as a peace offering.

Mauro Ranallo: Is that Nikki's way of saying sorry?

Cross then turned her attention to the stage as Charlotte headed to the ring. Once Charlotte was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Nikki charged at Charlotte, taking her down with a spear and punching her against the mat several times. She dragged Charlotte to her feet and hit a snapmare, then as Charlotte sat up, Nikki hit a stiff cross to the back. Nikki pulled Charlotte to her feet once more and threw her into the corner, then ran at her, hitting a forearm smash. As Charlotte staggered out of the corner, Nikki hit her with a fisherman's suplex! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Christy Hemme: An aggressive start by Nikki Cross... Charlotte looks to be in trouble here!

Nikki pulled Charlotte to her feet and set her up for a neckbreaker, but Charlotte blocked it and countered with a neckbreaker of her own. As both women got to their feet, Charlotte hit a clothesline, then grabbed Nikki by the legs, setting her up for the Figure Eight! Nikki kicked her away and got back to her feet. Charlotte went for a big boot, but Nikki ducked out of the way and hit Charlotte with a back drop. Charlotte appeared to land awkwardly on her shoulder, and as she was laid out on the mat Nikki went to the top rope, hitting a diving headbutt!

Corey Graves: Glasgow Kiss! This could be it!

Nikki's head collided with Charlotte's shoulder, and as Charlotte cried out in pain, Nikki hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... somehow, Charlotte kicked out! Nikki growled at her opponent, then rolled Charlotte over, putting her in the Crossface! The pressure on Charlotte's shoulder was too much, and she tapped out almost immediately. The referee called for the bell, but Nikki kept the hold locked in!

Mauro Ranallo: Here we go again Corey... Nikki has won the match, but I think she wants to put Charlotte out of action!

As the referee tried to force Nikki to break the hold, Andrade Cien Almas and Zelina Vega rushed to Charlotte's aid. Nikki quickly broke the hold and rolled out of the ring, looking pleased with herself as Almas and Vega tended to Charlotte.

Corey Graves: Yet more viciousness from Nikki Cross... I hope Charlotte is okay!

Nikki made her way to the back as Warfare went to commercial.

SEGMENT

Warfare! Came back from a commercial break with Elias sitting on a stool in the middle of the ring with his guitar on. He was wearing a headset microphone and blue jeans. He strummed a couple of chords on his guitar.

Mauro Ranallo: Warfare is back and it looks like we have to endure the musical stylings of Elias Samson!

Corey Graves: Endure? We get the pleasure of hearing an Elias original! We could be witnessing a Grammy winning performance right now!

Elias Samson: Ladies and gentlemen, I am Elias Samson and you’re in for a real treat. You may know me from such smash hits as ‘Seth Rollins is a Loser’ and ‘I’m Calling You Out’. Which are both performed exceptionally well on iTunes this weekend! Now, I’ve come down here to bless you all with the sound of my exquisite voice! If you would all kindly sit down and shut up, I’ll get this performance underway! Thank you very much!

Elias strummed a few more chords on the guitar before starting a fairly generic guitar riff.

Elias Samson: Greensboro, North Carolina is hosting Warfare tonight. Driving into the arena I realized something wasn’t right. There’s a smell in the air I almost couldn’t stand. Here I was worried that Carolina would be bland! I was thinking of blaming the factories, and you disgusting looking slobs. Then suddenly I realized that none of you even have jobs!

The generic music from weeks past started playing. Elias jumped up from his chair and walked to the ropes. One of the wrestlers he helped beat last week, Frank Woods, stepped out onto the stage with a microphone in his hands.

Frank Woods: Hey, Elias! Shut up and let’s wrestle one on one!

Elias Samson: You just interrupted me to challenge me to a match?

Frank Woods: I saved these people from you bad singing and bad playing.

Corey Graves: I was really enjoying that song!

Mauro Ranallo: I’m sure you were!

Elias Samson: Get in this ring and we’ll do it right now!

Frank Woods ran down to the ring and slid in. The referee backed him into a corner and started checking him for foreign objects. As the referee stepped away from the corner, Elias smashed his guitar over Frank’s head. Frank Woods collapsed to the mat.

Corey Graves: That’s what he gets for interrupting Elias Samson!

Elias dropped to a knee and began hitting Frank in the forehead with repeated right hands. The referee tried to seperate them but Elias pulled Frank Woods off the mat and hit him with the Drift Away. The referee stopped Elias from continuing the attack and so Elias reluctantly slid out of the ring. Elias’s theme, an acoustic cover of “Today is the Day” by the Eels, started playing as he walked up the ramp. The referee called for medical to come down and help Frank out of the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: I sure hope this young wrestler is okay.

Corey Graves: If he didn’t want to get beat up he should have stayed in the back!

MATCH TWO

Ciampa came to the ring first followed by the Woken One, Matt Hardy.

Mauro Ranallo: I'll tell you Corey, I really don't know which of these two men I like the least.

Corey Graves: I'm not sure how you could say that, Mauro! Matt Hardy is Woken and Ciampa is one of the most talented men in EBWF today!

Mauro Ranallo: Do we even know what "Woken" means?

Corey Graves: You have to study it Mauro! You have to live under the tutelage of Matt Hardy.

The two men felt each other out, but then Ciampa laid in with some kick attempts. Then they began to exchange holds. Ciampa wringed the arm of Hardy, who tried to reverse to no avail. Hardy finally reversed, but Ciampa changed it into an armbar. Leapfrog by Hardy as Ciampa ran the ropes, sitting down on the canvas. This confused Hardy, who went for a kick, but Ciampa dodged before giving Hardy a hard kick. Both men locked up, and Hardy had Ciampa in a side headlock. Ciampa got out before they exchanged kicks again with Hardy getting the upper hand. Hardy taunted Ciampa, who charged with a kick, but Hardy caught it. Ciampa unleashed a flurry of offense that sent Hardy out of the ring. Ciampa followed Hardy, and got out onto the apron. Hardy locked on a chokehold, but he let go of the hold before the referee counted to five. Hardy caught Ciampa off guard with a leg sweep before heading back into the ring.

Corey Graves: Hardy just got the best of Ciampa!

Ciampa followed Hardy back into the ring, but Hardy stayed in control with some kicks and a snapmare before hitting a senton for a near fall. Hardy hit a hard kick on Ciampa and then followed up with a brutal attack. Hardy dodged a punch to hit some lefts and rights, grabbing Ciampa's leg for some kicks before hitting a leg whip that brought Ciampa down hard. Hardy continued to work the leg of Ciampa, before locking in a single leg Boston crab. Ciampa reversed, getting Hardy on his shoulders for a near fall. Hardy grabbed Ciampa's leg before putting him in a sleeper hold. Ciampa was fading fast before building back up to a vertical base. He backed Hardy into the corner to break the hold, but Hardy put it back on. Ciampa backed it up again, and they broke the hold, but Hardy hit a boot on Ciampa who responded with a knee. Hardy hit an exploder suplex into the corner! Hardy went for the pin!

Kickout!

Hardy taunted Ciampa, driving his boot into his head. This angered Ciampa, who hit some forearms and kicks that sent Hardy into the corner. He charged at Hardy with a forearm, and as Hardy came out of the corner Ciampa hit a backflip kick followed by a knee that had Hardy face down. Ciampa locked on the Fujiwara Armbar.

Mauro Ranallo: If the Woken One wasn't awake before...

Hardy was wide eyed as he tried to fight his way to the rope. Ciampa cinched the submission hold in tighter and Hardy was sent tapping.

Corey Graves: Tommaso Ciampa has a victory here tonight over the Woken Warrior!

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we've got the first of two title matches taking place this evening! In our main event, Jimmy Havoc challenges Dalton Castle for the Gateway Championship, but first Aiden English takes on Breakout Champion and 2018 King of the Ring Seth Rollins for the gold!

Corey Graves: I'm sure if Aiden English had it his way, he'd be the reigning King of the Ring and going on to challenge The Miz for the World Title... but it's still a huge opportunity for the Drama King tonight. A chance to win his first championship here in EBWF!

"Toreador II" by Apocalyptica hit, and the crowd booed as Aiden English made his way to the ring, accompanied by Raquel Diaz. When English was in the ring, "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" by Cage the Elephant his and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Seth Rollins stepped out onto the stage, accompanied by Paige. Paige had the Breakout Title, and she held it above her head as she walked behind Rollins. As they reached the bottom of the ramp, Rollins took the title and entered the ring, taunting Aiden English with it as he did so. The referee took the championship from Rollins and held it up, then called for the bell. As the bell rang, English and Rollins exchanged a series of punches. English gained the upper hand, and he whipped Rollins against the ropes, then took him down with a shoulder block. English punched Rollins against the mat several times, then sat him up and applied a chinlock. After a struggle, Rollins was able to break out of it, and as both men got to their feet, Rollins sent for a superkick. English ducked out of the way and grabbed Rollins from behind, hitting a German suplex! As Rollins got to his feet, Aiden English hit a sitout spinebuster, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Mauro Ranallo: Aiden English starting this match strongly here! Clearly, the Drama King has a point to prove!

English got to his feet and stomped on Rollins several times, then pulled Rollins to his feet and whipped him into the corner. English ran at Rollins, hitting a corner clothesline, then as Rollins staggered out of the corner, English took him down with a swinging neckbreaker. He hooked the leg once more – 1... 2... Rollins kicked out! English hit Rollins with a DDT, then climbed to the top rope. English went for That's A Wrap... but Rollins rolled out of the way!

Corey Graves: High risk manoeuvre there by Aiden English... and it didn't pay off!

Mauro Ranallo: Can Seth Rollins seize the momentum now?

As both men got to their feet, Rollins hit English with a kick to the midsection, then lifted him up over his shoulders, hitting a fireman's carry facebuster. As English got to his feet, Rollins tried to set him up for the Pedigree, but English countered with a back body drop. Rollins used the ropes to pull himself back up, and as he did so English ran towards him, hitting a clothesline and sending Rollins over the top rope. English followed Rollins to the outside and picked him up, throwing him into the ring steps! English then dragged Rollins to his feet and slammed his head off the ring post, before rolling him back into the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: English quickly getting Rollins back in the ring... he knows he can't win the title if Seth Rollins gets counted out!

Corey Graves: That was a clever strategy by Aiden English, Mauro. He used the ring steps and the ring post to hurt Rollins, but got him back in the ring so quick that the referee had barely started his count!

English slid back into the ring and covered Rollins, but Rollins kicked out at 2. English got back to his feet, and went for a leaping leg drop, but Rollins moved out of the way. Both men got to their feet and Rollins whipped English into the corner, then ran at him and hit a high knee. Rollins then climbed the turnbuckle and grabbed Aiden English, setting him up for a sunset flip powerbomb. English fought back, then hit Rollins with a superplex!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! That shook the ring!

Both men were down, and the referee began counting for a double KO. As he reached the count of 5, English draped an arm over Rollins, making the cover. The referee counted – 1... 2... Rollins kicked out! English held his head in frustration, then grabbed Rollins to his feet and hit him with a series of punches. He whipped Rollins into the corner and chopped him across the chest several times, then pulled him out of the corner and set him up for the Director's Cut. Rollins blocked it, and turned English around, hitting a reverse STO into the second turnbuckle. English rolled out of the ring, giving himself a chance to recover. Rollins exited the ring and grabbed Aiden English, throwing him into the ringside barrier then going for a clothesline. English ducked out of the way and hit Rollins with a shoulder back toss, sending Rollins over the barrier!

Corey Graves: Oh my goodness! Rollins just landed on concrete!

Mauro Ranallo: Rollins must be in agony! That could be a game changer... if Aiden English can get Rollins back in the ring before the 10 count!

The referee was at the count of 6, and Raquel Diaz yelled at Aiden to get Rollins back in the ring. At the count of 7, English leapt over the barrier, and he threw Rollins back over the barrier to the ringside area as the referee counted 8. English leapt back over the barrier, picked Rollins up and threw him back into the ring at the count of 9... then slid back into the ring just before the 10 count! Rollins was barely moving, and English pulled him to his feet, hitting the Director's Cut! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: We have a new champion! What a moment for Aiden English!

The referee called for the bell and grabbed the Breakout Championship, handing it to English then raising his arm in victory. Raquel Diaz entered the ring and hugged her husband, who then climbed the turnbuckle and held up his newly won title triumphantly. English and Diaz exited the ring and continued celebrating as they made their way up the ramp. Back in the ring, the referee and Paige tried to help Rollins to his feet, but he refused to accept her help and rolled out of the ring, exiting through the crowd.

SEGMENT

EBWF returned from commercial break and the crowd erupted as “Sound of Madness” hit and the EBWF Chairman came to the stage area. He soaked in the adulation from the crowd for a moment, and then he proceeded to the ring. He accepted a microphone from the time keeper and his music faded out. The crowd continued to cheer as he brought the mic to his lips. He paused though.

Wes Ikeda: I don’t even know where to begin. I’m speechless. Me. I’m not usually short on words.

Wes shrugged and began to slightly pace back and forth in the ring.

Wes Ikeda: I know you guys have all seen it, and if you haven’t seen it, I’m sure you’ve heard it. The women’s locker room is in tatters. They can’t agree on anything. They’re all at odds with each other. Each of them thinks they have a claim to the women’s championship belt. I want to hear them all out. I really do. It’s my job to make sure that they’re heard, and that if there’s an actual grievance something is done to right a situation. I’m finding I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands. The women’s division is requiring more specialized management than it ever has before, and the EBWF is a 24-7 operation. I appreciate the drive of the EBWF’s women’s division and no one wants to solve this Queen of the Ring debacle more than I do. So to make sure that this situation is getting all of the attention that it deserves I have decided to bring in a new General Manager of the EBWF Women’s Division. She is someone who understands the women’s division. Someone who understands the passion and drive and dedication it takes to be in the EBWF locker room. And I think the EBWF Universe is going to be very, very excited to see her…

“War (Street Fighter Remix)” by Sick Puppies hit over the PA system. The fans jumped to their feet in surprise and cheered loudly. It had been a long time since the fans had heard this music. None other than Angelina Love walked out onto the stage and smiled out at the audience in attendance. She made her way down to the ring and climbed up the steel steps. Wes, being the gentleman he is, walked over to the side of the ring and sat on the second rope. Angelina easily slid between the second and walked to the middle of the ring. She nodded a “Thank You” to Wes. As Angelina stood in the center of the ring, Wes gestured toward her with his right hand. He lifted the microphone back to his mouth.

Wes Ikeda: You don’t need me here for this, Ang. I’ll leave you to it. The new General Manager of the EBWF Women’s Division, Angelina Love!

They hugged and Wes gave Angelina his microphone.

Angelina: Thank you, Wes!

Angelina waved to him as he exited the ring. He proceeded up the ramp to exit the arena.

Angelina: Always a doll, that one.

Angelina winked as the fans continued to cheer her loudly. She paced the ring for a moment while she let their cheers slowly die back down. Once the fans had calmed a bit, Angelina lifted the microphone to speak.

Angelina: Wow, I must say… It feels GREAT to be back in this ring!

A short pop followed once more. She couldn’t help it, she’d missed her EBWF home, she was eating this moment up as much as she could.

Angelina: However, as many of you heard from Mr. Ikeda himself… the Women’s division is in shambles. It’s pure chaos. The women of EBWF have always pushed the limits… and they have done so with a certain degree of tact and respect - but that’s not what we have right now. No. What do we have now? What we have is just blatant disrespect. Anarchy. We have Superstars interfering in each others matches, destroying personal property, attacking EBWF officials, claiming opportunities that do not belong to them, barking orders… a champion spitting in the face of a well decorated veteran. I mean for the first time in EBWF history, we don’t even have a crowned Queen of the Ring. It is absolutely insane! So, with that said… ladies in the back, as your new GM of the Women's division… I am asking that each and every one of you come on out to the top of the stage. I have a few things to address.

Angelina waited in the middle of the ring for a few moments. The women in the back slowly began to file out from behind the staging curtain and stood along the top of the stage. Angelina watched until every woman was standing on the stage. She gave a quick nod as she continue.

Angelina Love: I’m not going to sugar coat this.. I’m not here to be friends with any of you. Sure, I am with a handful of you, but this is about business. And the first order of business is from this moment forward, all this self entitlement, it ends. No one will be given anything. All the victories in the past. All the former championship reigns, they don’t mean a damn thing. From this moment forward, we’re going to start a new era of the EBWF Women’s Division.

She gave a stern look in the direction of the women.

Angelina Love: Now that we’re all on the same page about that, let’s talk King of the Ring. Alexa.. Liv.. The two of you put on one of the best Queen of the Ring Finals I have ever seen, but some of you decided to ruin that moment for those two ladies. Zahra, you were the first on the scene. What were you trying to do? Were you trying to make it so you didn’t have an opponent at SummerSlam? So you didn’t have to defend your championship?

The camera flashed to Zahra who stood off to the side of the group with the EBWF Women’s Championship on her shoulder. She gave a shrug in response to Angelina.

Angelina Love: Well, I’m afraid to ruin things for you.. Actually I like ruining things, so you will defend your EBWF Women’s Champion at SummerSlam. In fact, since you wanted to ruin the Queen of the Ring tournament, I’m going to up the ante a bit. Since there is no Queen of the Ring and therefore, no rightful number one contender. How about this.. At SummerSlam, you will defend your EBWF Women’s Championship against.. Alexa Bliss..

The EBWF Universe booed. Alexa looked smug as she stepped forward. She looked back at the other women and laughed.

Angelina Love: And Liv Morgan..

The same fans all let out a loud cheer. Liv jumped up and down and smirked over at Alexa who sneered back at her. Zahra rolled her eyes and shook her head, angry at the announcement. Zahra turned and was about to walk away.

Angelina Love: Wait wait Zahra.. You’re going to miss the best part. You will also be defending your championship against.. Mandy Rose, Nikki Cross, Paige and.. Trish Stratus!

The crowd erupted at the furthering of the announcement. The women’s roster all smiled at Zahra who stood there against the world.

Angelina Love: The seven of you women will not only be fighting for the EBWF Women’s Championship.. But, we’re going to up the ante even more. At SummerSlam, Zahra will defend her championship is a little match that I like to call.. The Queen of the Mountain Match!! That’s right.. At SummerSlam, not only will we finally get an undisputed EBWF Women’s Champion, but will solve this queen problem.

The Universe continued to cheer as Angelina smiled up at the women’s roster.

Angelina Love: I will go over the exact rules of the Queen of the Mountain Match at a later date, but just to give you a heads up.. The Queen of the Mountain Match will be a variation of a ladder match, so I hope you women are ready. This new era of the EBWF Women’s Division will be something none of you have experience before..

She took a second to pause as she looked at all the looks on every female’s face.

Angelina Love: Now, that’s at SummerSlam.. But I’m really on a roll right now so we’re going to get a head start on this new era with not one, but two triple threat matches. Next week, we will have Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan, and Paige in our first triple threat match. The following week, Trish Stratus, Nikki Cross, and Mandy Rose will compete in the second triple threat match. As a reward, the two women who score the victory in the triple threat matches will get an advantage in the Queen of the Mountain Match at SummerSlam. So I suggest that you women bring your best. It’s time to shape up, or ship out ladies. You’re all dismissed. Ta-ta for now.

Angelina waved at them as the Women’s roster dispersed. Angelina made her way out of the ring as “War” by Sick Puppies took over the PA system once more. The camera faded out to a commercial break.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: Our Main Event is for the EBWF Gateway Championship!

Jimmy Havoc got a huge ovation from the crowd as he came to the ring first. Dalton Castle was to the ring next with the boys.

Corey Graves: The Gateway Championship can be cashed in any time between now and Summerslam for a shot at the EBWF World Championship against the Miz and wouldn't that turn EBWF on it's head if that happened!

Once the Gateway Championship was presented for contention the bell rang. Dalton started things off by showboating, but Havoc hits him with a dropkick. Castle dropped and snapped for the boys to bring the fans, and Havoc immediately looked annoyed. He interrupted the fanning session, but Dalton put on the headlock, and he looked for the delayed German Suplex early. Havoc was able to reverse, and Castle rolled to the outside. Havoc taunted Castle, and the boys seemed scandalized. Dalton did some chain wrestling to regain the momentum. Castle hit a clothesline that sent Havoc over the ropes. Dalton teased a dive to the outside and decided to pose for the crowd instead. Castle caught Havoc in mid air and tossed him, following up with a 1 count.

Mauro Ranallo: This crowd seems to be split in their loyalty between Havoc and Castle!

Havoc powered his way up from a waist lock by Dalton. Havoc hit a clothesline followed by an STO. He picked Dalton up and caught him for a tilt-a-whirl side slam and followed up with a near fall. He hit a reverse STO into the koji clutch, and Dalton was left reeling. Havoc released the hold and landed a neck breaker for a quick two count. Havoc hit Castle with forearm after forearm, but Castle fought back with elbows of his own. Dalton fired up and hit a barrage of suplexes that slowed Havoc down. He placed Havoc over the top turnbuckle to set up for a running knee to the head. Havoc fell to the outside.

Corey Graves: Dalton Castle is following after.

Dalton landed a standing hurricanrana on the floor. Havoc fought back and hit a moonsault from the ring to the outside, but only caught the boys on the way down! This gave Dalton time to get up on the ring apron for a little suicide dive of his own. The two men battled back into the ring, and Havoc got the upper hand, and went to hit the Acid Rainmaker. Dalton was able to counter and hit the delayed German suplex into the bridge. The referee hit the mat.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Are you kidding me?! Castle retains!

Corey Graves: Havoc is livid! He can't believe the referee counted the three!

Mauro Ranallo: Dalton Castle has three weeks to cash in the Gateway Championship, and it just slipped through Havoc's grasp! What will happen next week on Warfare?

Dalton Castle celebrated in the ring with the boys as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote