Warfare Results 12/31/2018

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 12/31/2018

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Silver Pyro shot off from the stage as the camera panned the crowd and Warfare went live from the Sprint Center in Kansas City.

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Warfare!

Corey Graves: Christmas Eve of Destruction is behind us, and we're getting ready to ring in the new year!

Candice LeRae came to the ring to cheers from the crowd, and she turned to watch the ramp awaiting her opponent.

"Lost in Static" hit the PA and the crowd booed as Zahra Schreiber came to the stage with the Women's Championship perched on her shoulder.

Corey Graves: This crowd should show some respect to the longest reigning women's champion in EBWF history!

Mauro Ranallo: After what she and her goons did at Christmas Eve of Destruction?

Corey Graves: There are always casualties in a revolution, Mauro.

Christy Hemme announced them and the bell rang. Zahra charged at Candice and put on the waist lock. She took her down with an arm drag, but Candice sprang up and hit a forearm. Candice covered her, but Zahra bridged out. She caught Candice by surprise with a flying shoulder tackle. Candice went to the floor, but Zahra emitted out into the apron and hit a running forearm. Candice rolled into the ring to break up the count, and Zahra followed after, but Candice thought fast and rolled back out. Zahra missed a baseball slide and Candice sent her into the ringside barrier.

Corey Graves: Candice caught Zahra by surprise!

Zahra fought her way up and struggled back into the ring before the ref could count them out. Candice laid into her with forearms and tried to pin Zahra, but she kicked out again. The pulled themselves to their feet, and Zahra hit a drop kick putting them both back down.

Mauro Ranallo: They're tearing each other apart!

They traded forearms but Zahra came through with a head butt and clotheslined her. When Candice sat up, Zahra hit her with a back heel kick. Zahra blocked a thrust kick, and grabbed Candice by the arm.

Corey Graves: Jawbreaker!

Mauro Ranallo: Zahra with the pin.

3!

Corey Graves: There's no stopping her!

The referee returned the championship to Zahra and lifted her arm in the center of the ring as EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

"I am Stronger" hit and Braun Strowman came down the ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: Is Hardcore Holly about to get the hands of EBWF's behemoth?

Corey Graves: I think no matter the outcome, Holly is going to wish he wasn't in this match.

Holly was to the ring next, and the crowd booed him mercilessly. The new Breakout Champion didn't seem to mind.

Christy Hemme: This match is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the EBWF Breakout Championship. Introducing first, the champion, Hardcore Holly. And his opponent... weighing in at 385 pounds, Braun Strowman!

The bell rang, and Strowman grinned. Holly charged at him and laid into him with forearms. He tried to take Braun out at the legs, but Braun swatted him away, and clubbed him across the back. Strowman took Holly down, and continued the clubbing in the chest. He pulled him up just to whip him into the corner. Strowman head-butted him. Holly stumbled back and got the dropkick. He quickly got up and went for another before hitting the ropes, but Braun viciously took him down.

Mauro Ranllo: Braun is going for the pin here!

Kickout!

Corey Graves: I can't believe it.

Strowman kicked Holly in the ribs, sending him out of the ring. The crowd cheered as the action went to the outside, but Strowman tossed him back into the ring. Strowman laughed as he continued to club Holly in the back. Before the beating could continue, Holly booted Strowman back. He avoided an avalanche and kicked Strowman in the face. Holly chopped Strowman in the chest, but Strowman was unaffected and head butted him down. Strowman got him with the big boot, and put one foot on his chest for the pin.

Mauro Ranallo: Another kickoff from Holly!

Corey Graves: This is punishment! Bob should just stay down.

Holly pulled himself up at the ropes, and Strowman charged at him. Holly pulled the top rope down to get Strowman to the outside. Holly went for a running apron kick, but Strowman blocked it and took him down. Strowman rolled back into the ring to break up the count, and then got out of the ring to put Holly back on his feet, and Holly open hand slapped him! Strowman swatted him down again. The big man ran around the ring for a running shoulder, but Holly countered into a sling blade. Holly ran around the ring to drop kick Strowman. Strowman pulled himself up at the apron and got back into the ring. Strowman was down for the moment, and the crowd booed as Holly got under the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: You won't find anything that'll help under there, Holly! Not unless you want to get yourself disqualified.

Corey Graves: To hold on to his title that might be exactly what he wants to do.

Holly came up with his beloved steel chair and slid it into the ring. He moved in after it, and stood above Strowman. The referee was calling him off as he raised the chair above his head. He brought it down, but Braun caught it! He pushed Holly violently and he went flying, chair and all. Holly was spry though, and Braun got on all fours to move to his feet. Holly ran at him and kicked him in the head!

Corey Graves: Braun doesn't know where he is!

Holly unfolded the chair and sat it in the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: What's he think he's going to do with that?

Holly charged at Braun, who hit him with a hammer punch on top of the head. Strowman lifted him up and hit the power bomb, putting the champion through the chair. The referee waved the whole thing off and suddenly, the bell rang.

Corey Graves: What the...

Strowman saw the chair, and turned to glare at the referee who was now speaking to Christy Hemme. She nodded seriously.

Christy Hemme: Your winner via disqualification, and still the EBWF Breakout Champion, Hardcore Holly!

Mauro Ranallo: Did Strowman not see the chair?

Corey Graves: Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but whatever the case... he just lost himself the match.

Holly rolled out of the ring, holding his neck and he went over to the time keepers area and snatched his championship before mouthing off to the crowd. He left up the ramp with Strowman staring him down and a Royal Rumble Promo began to play.

MATCH THREE

Christy Hemme: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Elias Samson!

A spotlight shone on Elias in the center of the ring. Elias had his guitar with him, and the crowd booed over him as he tried to sing. He was interrupted by the sound of "Psycho Killer" blasting over the PA system, and Elias moved his guitar to the corner of the ring as he awaited the arrival of his opponent, Tommaso Ciampa. Ciampa's music was cut, the arena lights came up, but Ciampa was nowhere to be seen. Elias approached the referee, asking him what was going on, but the referee shrugged his shoulders. A moment later, road agent Dean Malenko was seen running down the ramp. He entered the ring and spoke to the referee, who then spoke to ring announcer Christy Hemme. Hemme held up her microphone, and began to speak.

Christy Hemme: Ladies and gentlemen, I have just been informed that due to injuries sustained at Christmas Eve of Destruction, Tommaso Ciampa is unable to compete tonight. Therefore your winner via forfeit, Elias Samson!

The referee went to raise Elias Samson's arm in victory, but Elias shook his head and shoved the referee away.

Elias Samson: No!

Elias was still wearing his head mic, which meant every word he said could be heard. He turned to Dean Malenko and confronted him.

Elias Samson: How long have you known about this, Dean?

Dean Malenko: I just found out now…

Elias Samson: Well surely somebody knew! Is Ciampa even here tonight?

Dean Malenko: I don't know, Elias…

Elias looked frustrated, and he attacked Malenko, taking him down with a clothesline then hitting the Drift Away. Elias then grabbed a microphone from ringside, making sure his voice was loud and clear.

Elias Samson: This just sums up my year, really. I'm beginning to feel like this is a conspiracy, and everyone is in on it. Tommaso Ciampa is probably sat at home laughing right now. Well, I was promised a match tonight, and I want a match. Come on… somebody step up!

Elias paced back and forth, but no one came out to face him. Elias shook his head, picked up his guitar and smashed it in the center of the ring! Elias then exited the ring and made his way to the back as Warfare went to commercial.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from commercial, the ring was set up for Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel. "Break the Walls Down" hit, and the crowd cheered as Chris Jericho made his way to the ring. Jericho was wearing a silver jacket with a black shirt and jeans, and he was all smiles as he walked down the ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: It looks like Chris Jericho is ready to party here in Kansas City!

Corey Graves: Well it is New Year's Eve, Mauro!

Jericho grabbed a microphone from ringside, then entered the ring. Once his music was cut, Jericho began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Well... it wouldn't be right if we celebrated the end of 2018 without Y2J, would it?!

A "Y2J" chant broke out, and Jericho waited for it to die down before continuing to speak.

Chris Jericho: Welcome to a special New Year's Eve edition of the Highlight Reel. My guest tonight is not only a Hollywood A-Lister, he is also the EBWF World Champion. Give it up for The Miz!

AWEEEEEESOMMEEEEEEEEE followed by "I Came to Play" by Downstait was heard over the PA system. The crowd erupted as The Miz exploded out of the back. His face was patched up some from his brutal bout with Jimmy Havoc, but he seemed in great spirits as he came through the curtain. He wore a long sleeve black with red writing "Your Favorite Wrestler's Favorite Wrestler" shirt and dark gray jeans. He had the EBWF Championship over his shoulder, and a big smile on his face. He entered the ring with the amount of swagger that only he could. When he climbed through the ropes he and Jericho shook hands, both men smiling, and they both took a seat.

Chris Jericho: Thanks for agreeing to be on the show Miz, great to have you here. Any plans for celebrating the New Year after this?

The Miz: Well Chris, as you know pretty well I'm always up for a party... it's New Year's Eve... so we're obviously celebrating the new year... but after Christmas Eve of Destruction... there's more to celebrate than the ball dropping... it's time to celebrate.. this beautiful bastard in front of you becoming the NEW EBWF WORLD CHAMPION!!

The crowd popped. Jericho chuckled.

Chris Jericho: Of course, and allow me to congratulate you on a hard fought victory. You're now a four time EBWF World Champion, which is pretty impressive. You only need to win it six more times now to catch me!

The Miz smirked and nodded, impressed.

The Miz: Chris, nobody would ever question your legacy here... of course I'm not looking to be a ten time champion... because with all due respect, I have no plans whatsoever of losing the title even one more time... let alone six more.

The Miz smiled and Chris did as well.

Chris Jericho: Ouch! C'mon, Miz, I thought we were friends. Think of all the great times we've had together. Hey, remember the last time you ended the year as the EBWF World Champion? You defended the title against me at the Royal Rumble... and lost!

The Miz smirked.

The Miz: I'm surprised at your age you have such a good memory... you're still so sharp... it's inspiring. That was 3 years ago though... I'm more of a live in the present kind of guy... and presently... I'm the EBWF World Champion... and you're just the old bum interviewing the World Champion on your cute little show... but if you wanna really go to the past... let's talk about this year's big show... WrestleMania 17. I beat Kenny Omega to become the EBWF Champion... and you... well you weren't even on the show... but boy were you fun at the bar after.. so you know there's that.

There was a buzz in the crowd as the scene gained in intensity. Jericho's grin faded. Where he had looked in good humor just a few moments earlier, he now looked pissed off.

Chris Jericho: I thought you'd changed, Miz, but it turns out you're still the same cocky bastard you always have been. What about WrestleMania 18, Miz? Do you think you'll still be the World Champion then? Because I might be the only ten-time World Champion in EBWF history, but do you know what sounds even better? Chris Jericho, eleven-time World Champion.

Jericho stood up, and walked towards Miz. Miz got up too, and the two men met in the center of the ring. For a moment, The Miz looked stern... then he began to smirk.

The Miz: Ohhh soo serious. Come on man, you can dish it out... but can't take it? Of course I'm just kidding with you man... I'm in a great mood... it's New Year's Eve for god sakes... we're all going to be making resolutions come midnight - and here's mine. In 2019 the Miz as the EBWF Champion is going to be a champion that takes on all challengers. A champion that doesn't back down - that is the best- so wants to face the best competition available. In the EBWF... that's you Chris... and it would be my honor to face and beat you this year at WrestleMania 18.

Miz punched Jericho in the arm playfully, then sat back down. Jericho relaxed, and returned to his seat.

Chris Jericho: You know I always appreciate a joke, Miz, but that Mania dig was below the belt! I hate missing WrestleMania, and my New Year's Resolution is to make sure that I have a match at WrestleMania 18. And if that match was in the main event, for the EBWF World Title, against you... well that would be even sweeter.

Jericho stood up again, this time addressing the audience.

Chris Jericho: As I'm sure most of you already know, Jimmy Havoc picked up an injury at Christmas Eve of Destruction, and it's unclear how long he'll need to heal. I wish I could say it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, but well... I don't want to end the year with a lie.

The audience laughed, which seemed to please Jericho. He turned his attention back to The Miz, who was also laughing.

Chris Jericho: One of the reasons I invited you to be on the Highlight Reel, Miz, was because in light of Havoc's injury, I wanted to challenge you to a match at the Royal Rumble. We put on a spectacle at the Royal Rumble in 2016, then again in our rematch at Fallout. It's been almost three years since we last wrestled each other on pay-per-view, and I'm sure the EBWF fans would pay good money to see us lock up again...

The crowd cheered, and inevitably a "Yes!" chant broke out.

Chris Jericho: ...but I'm not going to challenge you to a match, Miz. Not tonight anyway.

The crowd booed, and inevitably a "No!" chant broke out.

Chris Jericho: Because if I'm going to face you, Miz – if I'm going to make history, again, and become an 11-time EBWF World Champion – I want to do it on the Grandest Stage of them All. So allow me to be the first superstar to officially announce that I will be entering the 2019 Royal Rumble match! So Miz, if you want to face me at WrestleMania, I suggest you keep the title warm for me until then.

The Miz smiled. He stood up in front of Jericho.

The Miz: Well Chris - let me be the first to wish you good luck. Winning the Rumble is no easy feat - but I believe in you. As far as the title goes... you don't have to worry about that because this waist... these shoulders... are plenty hot enough...

The crowd - notably the women cheered loudly.

The Miz: So the title will stay plenty warm. Chris - I mean this for the bottom of my heart - I'm rooting for you... because I don't think I could think of anyone I'd rather beat more at WrestleMania... than you. And Chris, make no mistake about it - I know you've gotten the better of our history... but our history is in the past... and as we kick off 2019... if you want to hold this...

The Miz held the title up.

The Miz: You're going to have to go through me... and that's something that neither you... nor anyone else in the back... are going to be able to do...

BECAUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'MMMMMMM THE MIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ANNNNND I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The crowd finished the line with him.

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"I Came to Play" hit as Miz held the title up and Jericho smirked. He held his hand out for a handshake which Miz happily obliged. The two of them didn't break eye contact and held the shake for a little longer for comfort, but finally broke it. Jericho held his hands out to present the Miz. As Miz exited the ring, he looked at Jericho a little cautiously as Jericho was applauding the new champion in the ring. Miz back pedaled up the ramp and Jericho had a wry smile on his face, and Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it's time for our main event, and our final match of 2018... Rated RKO team up to take on the EBWF Tag Team Champions, the Sumerian Death Squad!

Corey Graves: What an exciting way to end the year, Mauro!

"Counting Bodies Like Sheep" by A Perfect Circle hit and the crowd cheered as Randy Orton stepped out onto the stage. Orton stood at the top of the ramp, his music was replaced by Alter Bridge's "Metalingus", and the crowd continued to cheer as Edge joined him on the stage. Orton and Edge walked down the ramp and as they entered the ring, they moved into the corner, awaiting the arrival of their opponents. "Lost in the Static" by After the Burial hit and the crowd booed as Michael Dante and Tommy End made their way to the ring. Upon entering the ring, the Sumerian Death Squad held up the Tag Titles, before passing them to the referee.

Mauro Ranallo: You can already feel the tension between these two teams, Corey!

As the referee called for the bell, Michael Dante moved onto the ring apron, allowing Tommy End to start the match. Across the ring, Orton slapped Edge on the back and moved onto the ring apron also. Edge met End in the center of the ring, and the two superstars locked up. End went for a headlock but Edge ducked out of the way and got behind End, applying a hammerlock. End fought out of it, then turned around and whipped Edge against the ropes. As Edge ran back towards him, End went for a roundhouse kick, but Edge ducked out of the way, ran against the opposing set of ropes, and took End down with a flying forearm smash. Both men got to their feet and Edge hit End with a bridging northern lights suplex, covering him. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Edge pulled End to his feet and went to whip him against the ropes, but End reversed it, sending Edge into the ropes. As Edge ran back towards him, End hit a flying knee strike, then got behind Edge, lifting him up for a bridging German suplex. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Corey Graves: Great back and forth action so far in this match!

As End got to his feet, he tagged in Michael Dante. Upon entering the ring, Dante stomped on Edge repeatedly, then pulled him to his feet and lifted him up, hitting a brainbuster. Edge got back to his feet and Dante went for a big boot, but Edge ducked out of the way, then grabbed Dante from behind and hit a Russian legsweep. As Dante got to his feet, Edge got behind him, hitting an inverted DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… kickout! Edge got to his feet and tagged in Randy Orton, and the crowd cheered as Orton entered the ring. Orton stood over Michael Dante, waiting for him to get to his feet. When Dante was up, Orton pummeled him with a series of punches, following them with a European uppercut. Orton then hit an inverted headlock backbreaker and began pounding the mat, signaling for the RKO. Dante got to his feet, and Orton went for the RKO… but Dante blocked it, then countered with a back drop!

Mauro Ranallo: Great counter by Michael Dante!

Dante crawled towards the corner, tagging Tommy End into the ring. End stomped on Orton several times as he entered the ring, then pulled him to his feet and hit an exploder suplex. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Orton kicked out! End got to his feet and ran towards the ropes, going for a springboard moonsault… but Orton got his knees up and blocked it! As End clutched his ribs, Orton dragged him back towards the edge of the ring, setting him up between the ropes and hitting the rope-hung DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… End kicked out! Orton got to his feet and stomped on End several times, then hit a leaping knee drop. He pulled End to his feet and whipped him against the ropes, before hitting a snap scoop powerslam. Orton signalled for the RKO, but before he could hit it, Michael Dante entered the ring, attacking him from behind! He hit Orton with a powerbomb, but Edge then entered the ring, charging towards Dante and taking him out with a Spear! As Edge and Dante both rolled out of the ring, Tommy End got to his feet and grabbed Orton, setting him up for the Owari Death Kick… but Orton ducked out of the way and hit an…

Corey Graves: RKO outta nowhere!

Orton was about to hook the leg, when he noticed Edge climbing back onto the ring apron. He walked to the corner and tagged in Edge, telling the Rated R Superstar to "finish it". Edge shrugged and entered the ring, pulling End to his feet and hitting the Edgecution! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Rated RKO just defeated the EBWF Tag Team Champions!

Orton entered the ring and hugged Edge, then raised his arm in victory. Edge and Orton celebrated as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote