Warfare Results 05/20/2019

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 05/20/2019

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

Warfare came on the air to the sounds of Phenomenal" by CFO$ and the crowd was going wild. AJ Styles stepped onto the stage opening up Warfare for the first time in over a year.

Mauro Ranallo: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to EBWF Warfare and please welcome back A...J... Styles!

The crowd was on their feet showing their appreciation for the former World Champion as he made his way to the ring. AJ Styles dressed in ring gear, looking like he was ready to compete, stopped at the ring to soak in the reception. His hair was longer, his beard was rugged, and his smile was huge. He climbed into the ring and threw his arms out in his trademark crucifix pose to a nice pop. He grabbed a microphone and hesitated to speak. The reaction from the fans was almost overwhelming for him.

AJ Styles: Thank you.

The crowd responded to his appreciation with more appreciation of their own as a “Thank You AJ” chant began. Styles couldn’t help but to keep smiling.

AJ Styles: You guys just don’t know how good it feels to be back home. They say there’s no place like home, and there damn sure isn't a better place than the house that AJ STYLES BUILT!

The crowd reacted positively.

AJ Styles: I know it’s been a while. I know, I know. Don’t hate me. I missed you all, I really did. Time has flew by and this place has changed a lot. There are a lot of new faces and a few old faces too. Like those two dumbasses I’ll talk about in a minute. But while I was gone, there was no better person to hold this place down than my best friend, who I’m so proud of, your World Champion, The Miz!

"AWEEEEESOMMMMMMEEEEEE"

"I CAME TO PLAY"

"I came to Play by Downstait blared over the loud speaker as The Miz and Mickie James emerged onto the ramp to a large ovation. Mickie held her hands out to present Miz to the crowd. Miz was wearing a black long sleeve with red letters "Your Favorite Wrestler's Favorite Wrestler" shirt and his wrestling trunks. He had the EBWF Championship over his shoulder as he confidently made his way down to the ring. He got up on the ramp first, and let Mickie enter. She hugged AJ and the Miz followed behind her. Dapping AJ and giving him a big hug. Miz grabbed a microphone.

The Miz: Now when I say I'm going to do something I do it. Last week I came out here and I vowed, nay, I PROMISED that if the two Jamoak-a-sourous- rexes that have been trying to mess with me, tried to pull anything more that I had back up... Mizfits... how the heck do you like my back up?

AJ held his hands in the air and the crowd popped in a major way.

The Miz: You see Mizfits, like AJ just said, time does fly... but somethings are forever and one of those things is that no matter our history, The Miz is always gonna have AJ Styles back and AJ Styles is always going to have the Miz' back, so if someone tries to mess with either of us, they are ultimately going to have to deal with both of us. Another thing that is seemingly never going to change is that Ted DiBiase and Alex Riley are stage 5 clingfest losers who need to be dealt with once and for all, so tonight... I have a proposal to make...

The crowd cheered in anticipation.

The Miz: Tonight I'm proposing that AJ Styles returns to in ring action...

The crowd popped once again.

The Miz: In a tag team match where his partner is... oh I don't know... the greatest of the great, cream of the crop, best of the best, your favorite wrestler's...

Crowd: FAVORITE WRESTLER

The Miz: EBWF Champion... THE MIZ!

The crowd erupted. AJ Smiled.

The Miz: To face Ted DiBiase and Alex Riley... what do you guys think of that?

Another huge ovation. AJ nodded in approval and looked pumped up. All of a sudden cheers turned to boos as Alex Riley and Ted DiBiase walked onto the stage with microphones.

Ted DiBiase: Oh Miz- it's been awhile- what's up AJ? You guys are so cute- pandering to this morons. There was a time when neither one of you gave a shit about what they thought... it's almost sad to see you this way.

The Miz squinted at AJ and mouthed really?

Alex Riley: I echo that- Miz you taught me your ways over the years- and it's really just pathetic to see what you've become. THAT is why we chose to do what we've done to you... you're a disgrace to this business- and AJ so are you.

The crowd booed once more. AJ pantomimed fake crying.

AJ Styles: I don't know how I'm going to get any sleep tonight knowing that that's what you think of me Alex... so thank you for that!

Alex went to speak but AJ continued pantomiming crying, and blew his nose loudly into the microphone to a huge ovation from the crowd.

Alex Riley: Enough! We gladly accept your little challenge for tonight.

The crowd cheered.

Ted DiBiase: Don't get too excited you idiots- we are going to show all of you once and for all that your two little heroes are nothing more than FRAUDS. See you out there tonight boys.

Ted and Alex went back through the ramp as Miz and AJ laughed in the ring.

The Miz: I'm almost proud of them- so brazen- so bold- so tough... unfortunately tonight- they're going to be so over their heads, and get absolutely decimated... and that's because oh hell... one time for old time's sake...

AJ Styles: I'm in.

The Miz: WE'REEE THEEEE SEEEEQUELLLLLL! AND WE HAVEEE NOOOOO

Crowd: EQUAL!

A mashup of AJ and Miz' theme song played over the speaker much to the delight of the audience as Miz, Mickie, and AJ exited the ring and Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH ONE

As Warfare returned from commercial, PJ Black and Heath Slater were on their way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! In our main event tonight, AJ Styles teams with The Miz to take on Ted DiBiase and Alex Riley... up next though, we've got another tag match as PJ Black and Heath Slater go up against Hardcore Holly and Bobby Lashley!

After Black and Slater had entered the ring, Hardcore Holly and Bobby Lashley came out, accompanied by Lio Rush. Upon entering the ring, Holly and Lashley immediately went after Black and Slater. The referee intervened, ordering Holly and Lashley into their corner. Lashley moved onto the ring apron, while across the ring Heath Slater did the same. As the referee called for the bell, Hardcore Holly and PJ Black locked up in the center of the ring. Holly applied a headlock, but Black broke free and whipped Holly against the ropes, then hit a dropkick. Both men got to their feet, and Black set Holly up for an STO, but Holly blocked it, hitting Black with an elbow smash. Black staggered backwards, and Holly hit him with a series of punches, then lifted him up for a body slam... but Black countered with a headscissors takedown!

Corey Graves: Great counter there by PJ Black!

Holly crawled towards the corner, tagging in Bobby Lashley. Black tagged in Heath Slater, and upon entering the ring, Slater charged towards Lashley... but Lashley took him down with a huge clothesline!

Mauro Ranallo: Lashley almost took Heath Slater's head off with that clothesline!

Slater looked dazed as he got to his feet, and Lashley hit him with a series of punches, then lifted him up, hitting a military press drop. As Slater got back to his feet, Lashley hit a full nelson slam, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Slater kicked out! Lashley stomped on Slater several times, then pulled him to his feet and whipped him into the corner. As Holly held Slater in the corner, Lashley hit Slater with a series of kicks, then tagged in Holly. Slater fell into a sitting position, and Holly stomped on his chest several times, then pulled Slater to his feet and hit a pumphandle slam. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Corey Graves: Holly and Lashley have Slater trapped in that corner... impressive teamwork from the Breakout Champion and the All Mighty!

Mauro Ranallo: Slater showing impressive resilience though, Corey, it has to be said!

Holly punched Slater against the mat several times, then hit a jumping knee drop. Holly pulled Slater to his feet, and set him up for a piledriver... but Slater countered with a back body drop! Holly got back to his feet and went for a clothesline, but Slater ducked out of the way and hit a jumping neckbreaker! He hooked the leg, and the referee counted – 1... 2... Holly kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: And just like that, the momentum swings in Heath Slater's favor!

Corey Graves: He looks tired though, Mauro... I think he needs to make a tag!

Slater crawled towards the corner, and PJ Black held out his hand for the tag... but before Slater could make the tag, Lashley ran across the ring and knocked Black off the apron! The crowd booed, and the referee ordered Lashley to exit the ring. Laughing to himself, Lashley climbed back onto the ring apron, then held out his hand. Holly hit Slater with a DDT, then tagged in Lashley. Upon entering the ring, Lashley lifted Slater up for the Dominator... but before he could hit it, PJ Black climbed to the top rope and hit Lashley with a missile dropkick! PJ Black climbed back onto the ring apron, and held out his hand... this time, Slater was able to make the tag!

Mauro Ranallo: Can PJ Black humble the All Mighty?!

As Black entered the ring, he and Lashley exchanged right hands back and forth. Lashley was able to gain the upper hand, and he whipped Black against the ropes, then went for a big boot. Black ducked out of the way, ran against the opposing set of ropes, then took Lashley down with a flying forearm smash! Both men got to their feet, and Black hit Lashley with a Blue Thunder Bomb! He hooked both legs, and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! As Black got to his feet, he knocked Hardcore Holly off the ring apron, then turned around and hit Bobby Lashley with a superkick. Black went to the top rope, and was about to hit the 450 Splash when Lio Rush snuck up behind him and knocked him off the turnbuckle! The crowd booed, but the referee didn't see it! Slater climbed down from the ring apron and went after Lio Rush, but Hardcore Holly caught him with a clothesline. Meanwhile, in the ring, Lashley hit PJ Black with the Spear! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: It's over! An impressive victory for Lashley and Hardcore Holly!

Mauro Ranallo: Yeah... thanks to the assist from Lio Rush!

MATCH TWO

Warfare returned from commercial with the camera focused on Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo at the announcer’s table.

Mauro Ranallo: This next match has a real personal feel to it.

Corey Graves: It sure does Mauro, it wasn’t that long ago the Chavo made his EBWF debut to attack Elias Samson.

Mauro Ranallo: That all seemed to be water under the bridge until this match was announced.

Corey Graves: Let’s take a look at what Chavo had to say just a few days ago on his twitter.

The shot cut away to Chavo’s tweeted video from Saturday. Black bars flanked either side of the video to maintain its aspect ratio. Chavo was mid-sentence sporting a black shirt and red beanie.

Chavo Guerrero Jr: I just found out this week on Warfare I’m going to be competing against Elias Samson! Who’s excited? Not me!

The video had an obvious jump cut.

Chavo Guerrero Jr: In the wrestling business he’s made to be an opening act.

The screen cut back to the ring with Christy Hemme standing in the center. The lights dimmed and “Moments” by Sevendust started to play.

Christy Hemme: Making his way to the ring from El Paso, Texas. CHAVO GUERRERO JUNIOR!

The crowd cheered as Chavo Guerrero Jr stepped out on the ramp and posed. Just as Chavo made it halfway down the ramp, giving high fives to fans on either side, the music cut off abruptly. Chavo spun around and looked up the ramp. “Today is the Day” by Elias Samson started to play and the crowd booed wildly.

Christy Hemme: His opponent, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is ELIAS SAMSON!

With Chavo still standing on the ramp, Elias emerged from backstage with a guitar slung over his back. He looked at the crowd and laughed at their boos. Elias pulled the guitar around in front of him and struck a chord. Chavo shook his head and continued on toward the ring.

Elias Samson: Baltimore! Are you ready for the greatest concert your two bit town has ever hosted?

Chavo slid into the ring with a microphone.

Chavo Guerrero Jr: Elias… Let me stop you right there!

Elias Samson: CUT HIS MIC!

Chavo Guerrero Jr: Quit stalling! Come down to this ring and let’s get this over with.

Elias shook his head.

Elias Samson: I said, CUT HIS MIC!

Chavo Guerrero Jr: It’s not going to work. I’m not going to stop talking long enough for you to sing. Unless… You come down here and make me shut up!

Elias swept the guitar back behind him and marched toward the ring. The entire time he yelled at the crowd, shook his head and screamed insults at Chavo. Elias took his guitar off and leaned it against the stairs before climbing into the ring. He walked to the referee and started pointing at Chavo.

Elias Samson: You need to keep him under control. I was told I would get to perform before the match! It’s in my contract.

The referee threw his hands up and walked away from Elias. Elias grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around. The referee looked surprised. But put his finger in Elias’s chest and pushed him backwards with little force. Elias held his hands up in surrender and retreated to the corner. Chavo turned around and started to stretch in the corner. As soon as his back was turned, Elias rushed him and shoulder tackled him into the turnbuckles.

Mauro Ranallo: A cheap shot to start things off from Elias!

Corey Graves: Say what you will, but Elias was brought here because he had that “do what it takes” attitude.

Mauro Ranallo: You’re not wrong about that Corey.

Elias pulled Chavo out of the corner and whipped him into the ropes. Chavo bounced back only to get leveled with a diving clothesline. Elias jumped back to his feet and laughed at the fallen Chavo. Elias walked to the ropes and taunted the crowd. He turned back to face Chavo just in time to get drop kicked through the ropes and to the outside.

Corey Graves: That looked like it hurt!

Chavo followed Elias out of the ring and lifted him up off the floor. He pushed Elias up onto the apron and into the ring. Chavo rolled back under the ropes.

Mauro Ranallo: Chavo knows he can’t win outside the ring.

Chavo hauled Elias back up once inside the ring and hit a lightning quick snap suplex. Back to his feet, Chavo hit a leg drop on Elias. Chavo laid into Elias with elbows and punches to the skull.

Corey Graves: Chavo is going wild!

Chavo pulled Elias up and whipped him into the corner hard, Elias hung his arms over the top rope facing into the corner. Chavo followed up with another drop kick to Elias’s back causing Elias to slump down to the middle rope. Chavo walked to the center of the ring to celebrate the flurry. As he made his way back to the corner, Elias turned quickly and blasted him over the head with the guitar. The bell rung.

Mauro Ranallo: ELIAS JUST GOT HIMSELF DISQUALIFIED.

Corey Graves: We said this was a personal issue. Getting the better of Chavo must have been more important than winning to Elias.

Elias lumbered over the fallen Chavo and looked over his shoulder at the entrance ramp. The referee put his hand on Elias’s chest and tried to push him away from Chavo. Elias snapped his gaze to the referee, put his palm on his face and shoved him across the ring. Elias dropped to a knee and unloaded punches on Chavo. He grabbed Chavo by the head and lifted him to his feet, setting up for the Drift Away.

Mauro Ranallo: What is he thinking?

Elias hit the Drift Away and sat up in the center of the ring with a smile on his face. “Moments” by Sevendust started to play and Aiden English erupted from backstage in a sprint to the ring. As Aiden slid into the ring, Elias was sliding out the otherside. Aiden quickly placed himself between Elias and Chavo, following Elias as he walked around the ring and back up the ramp. Elias laughed as he backed up the ramp.

Corey Graves: Chavo has to be thankful to have the Gateway Champion in his family tree!

Mauro Ranallo: I think Elias might have just stirred up some old feelings between himself and the champ.

Elias stopped at the top of the ramp and pointed at Chavo. He shook his head and turned to leave. As he turned, Raquel Diaz emerged from backstage. She looked Elias over before making her way down toward the ring. In the ring, Aiden helped Chavo to his feet. Raquel climbed the steps and got into the ring. She brushed fragments of guitar out of her way. She hugged Chavo and checked on his head. She kissed Chavo on the cheek and he pulled away with a confused look on his face. He took a couple steps back and bumped into Aiden. Aiden hit the Director’s Cut on Chavo. He sat up on a knee and ran his hands over his head in horror of his own actions.

Mauro Ranallo: What just happened?

Raquel Diaz put her hand on Aiden’s shoulder to reassure him. He laid his hand on hers and stared at Chavo intently.

Corey Graves: It looks like Chavo’s comments about Eddie haven’t gone unpunished by Raquel!

Mauro Ranallo: They’re family Corey!

Corey Graves: That doesn’t entitle Chavo to making rude remarks about Raquel’s legendary father!

Aiden stood up and walked to the ropes, holding them open for Raquel. She climbed out of the ring and down the steps but Aiden sat on the ropes staring at the fallen Chavo for several more moments.

Raquel Diaz: Aiden! Come on!

Aiden looked at Raquel and back to Chavo. He finished climbing through the ropes and dropped to the floor. Raquel walked up the ramp talking inaudibly to Aiden but he walked backwards keeping his gaze locked on Chavo.

Mauro Ranallo: I’m just in shock right now.

Corey Graves: It looks like Aiden is in shock too!

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we've got the Women's Champion, Zahra Schreiber, in action as she takes on Charlotte Flair!

"Recognition" by CFO$ hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Charlotte made her way to the ring. When Charlotte was in the ring, "512" by Lamb of God hit and the crowd booed as Zahra Schreiber stepped out onto the stage. Zahra walked down the ramp, then entered the ring and got in Charlotte's face, holding up the Women's Championship as she did so. As Zahra stepped back, she handed the title to the referee, who took it out of the ring and called for the bell. Charlotte charged towards Zahra and hit her with a series of punches, but Zahra fought back with some right hands of her own, then whipped her against the ropes. As Charlotte ran back towards her, Zahra hit a hip toss, then as Charlotte got back to her feet, Zahra took her down with a swinging neckbreaker. Zahra hooked the leg, and the referee counted – 1... 2... Charlotte kicked out! Zahra got to her feet and stomped on Charlotte several times, then pulled Charlotte to her feet and whipped her into the corner. Zahra ran at Charlotte, going for a clothesline, but Charlotte blocked it with a big boot. As Zahra staggered backwards, Charlotte ran out of the corner, going for a spear... but Zahra blocked it, countering with a knee smash, then hit Charlotte with a DDT!

Corey Graves: Great counter by Zahra Schreiber!

Zahra hooked the leg once more and the referee counted – 1... 2... Charlotte kicked out! Zahra got to her feet and stomped on Charlotte several times, then sat her up, applying a chinlock. Charlotte fought out of it, then as both women got to their feet, Charlotte grabbed Zahra and whipped her against the ropes. As Zahra ran back towards her, she went for a clothesline, but Charlotte ducked out of the way and hit Charlotte's Web! The referee counted – 1... 2... Zahra kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Charlotte almost stole a victory there!

Charlotte got to her feet and grabbed Zahra by the legs, trying to set her up for the Figure Eight... but before she could lock it in, Zahra kicked her away and got back to her feet. Charlotte hit Zahra with a series of knife edge chops, then set her up for an exploder suplex... but Zahra blocked it, countering with a jawbreaker. As Charlotte tried to get to her feet, Zahra hit her with the Curb Stomp!

Corey Graves: American History X!

Zahra hooked the leg, and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! An impressive victory for Zahra Schreiber!

The referee called for the bell and raised Zahra's arm in victory. Zahra rolled out of the ring and made her way to the back as Warfare went to a commercial break.

MATCH FOUR

When Warfare came back from commercial Ted DiBiase and Alex Riley were already in the ring. When a mashup of "Phenomenal" and "I Came To Play" was heard over the PA System and AJ Styles and The Miz emerged on the ramp together to a raucous ovation. The two fist bumped and then sprinted to the ring and began wailing away at Ted and Alex. The crowd was going nuts as the referee was trying to restore order to the situation.

Mauro Ranallo: Jeez! This match hasn't even started yet and already the referee has lost control.

Corey Graves: This is a year in the making- with a lot of history behind it, Mauro.

AJ and Miz were going to town with several lefts and rights and Alex and Ted had to slide out of the ring. When they got their wits about them, they began to yell at the officials to get the match started the correct way. The referee spoke to Miz and AJ who nodded and began to both go back to their corner. The ref relaxed for a second thinking that he had restored control, but then Miz and AJ both B lined toward the rope and executed a double suicide dive over the ropes and crashing down onto Ted and Alex. The crowd was going absolutely nuts as the referee went to the outside and demanded that AJ and Miz get back into the ring. AJ and Miz obliged as Ted and Alex both managed to crawl back into the ring as well. Ted slowly made his way up as AJ and Miz were smiling. Alex made his way to the ring apron as well and Miz did the same. Ted and AJ were the legal men and FINALLY the referee was able to call for the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: Alas- here we go.

AJ and Ted exchanged some trash talk and then they both locked up strong in the middle of the ring. AJ got the early advantage with a side headlock. He then slung Ted into the ropes on the rebound he connected with a beautiful drop kick and went for a cover. The ref counted to two, and both men were back to their feet. AJ hit a couple of right hands, on the third right Ted was able to block it and hit a couple of his own. He then body slammed AJ to the mat. AJ popped back up and Ted went to Irish Whip AJ into the corner, but AJ reversed it. Ted was now in the corner that Miz inhabited. AJ tagged Miz and the two men began to stomp Ted at the same time. Alex entered the ring which the referee quickly corralled. As Alex was going back to his corner, The Miz bullrushed him with a left hand forearm from behind which delighted the crowd. AJ was now back in his corner, when The Miz turned around Ted was there, but Miz was able to hit a kick that sent Ted to his knees and Miz planted him with a low DDT. Miz went for the cover and earned a two count.

Corey Graves: All sequel so far.

Miz brought Ted up by his head, but Ted was able to smack Miz hands away and hit Miz with a rather strong hip toss which sent Miz crashing to the mat. It also gave Ted time to tag in Riley which led to boos from the crowd. Alex sprinted in and began hammering away with rights on his former boss/assistant. Alex picked Miz up by the head and knocked him right back down with a vicious clothesline. Alex went for a cover and received a two count. Miz slowly made his way to his feet and Alex ran the ropes, he went for another clothesline but Miz back body dropped Alex outside the ring to the floor below. Which brought cheers in from the crowd. Miz tagged AJ who went up to the top rope. As Alex stood up AJ flew from the top rope to the floor with a cross body block that brought the fans to their feet. Ted was quick to head down to the floor as well and when AJ got up Ted cleaned his clock with a forearm smash. Miz was quickly to the scene to save the day and began hammering away with left hands on DiBiase he went to whip ted into the barricade but Ted reversed it and sent Miz into it instead. Alex Riley was able to roll back into the ring as was AJ and the match continued. Ted went back to his corner, as The Miz slowly did the same.

Mauro Ranallo: This match is all over the place Corey.

Alex went for Riley Elevation in the middle of the ring, but AJ was able to back body drop Riley over his head. However, athletically, Riley landed on his feet and when AJ turned around he was planted with Riley Elevation.

Corey Graves: Could be a huge win here for Riley!

The ref counted ONE.. TWO.. THRE... But AJ was able to kick out much to the crowd's delight. Alex couldn't believe it. He picked AJ up and went for it again but this time AJ was able to wriggle away. He dove to tag in the Miz, which brought cheers up from the crowd once more. Miz connected on a clothesline, then another when Alex popped back up. He went for a third but Riley ducked and hit a super kick right to Miz chin. Alex went for a cover and received a two count.

Mauro Ranallo: Riley looking impressive here.

Miz held his chin as he made his way back to his feet. Riley tagged in Ted and the two began to double team the Miz. AJ tried to get into the ring which caused the referee to turn his attention towards them as Riley and DiBiase stomped on the Miz. AJ saw this and pointed behind the referee who then turned around just as Alex was going back to his corner. Ted picked up Miz and went for Dream Street but Miz was able to escape and plant Ted with a side slam. Miz then went for the figure four leg lock, and he locked it in. Miz was screaming at Ted to tap, and Ted was screaming in pain. Alex went to interrupt the figure four but AJ came in and intercepted him with a Pele kick that sent him to the outside. The crowd was going bananas. Ted was able to grab the ropes, but Miz stayed on the aggressive grabbing Ted by the hair after breaking the hold. He went for the Skull Crushing Finale but Ted escaped it. He went to tag Riley but Riley was still on the ground below. Ted looked horrified as Miz grabbed him again from behind in this moment and planted him with the Skull Crushing Finale. Miz smirked as he started to go for the cover, but instead turned to AJ- the crowd cheered their brains off and Miz smiled. He tagged in AJ who then picked Ted up and hit the Styles Clash for good measure. The crowd was going nuts. AJ Covered and the ref and crowd counted.

ONE... TWO... THREEE!!

Mauro Ranallo: That's it- Miz and Styles pick up the win!

Corey Graves: What an effort for these two, and what a sign of friendship by The Miz to let his buddy get the pin in his first match back!

That same mashup played once more and the crowd was going crazy as Miz and AJ's hands were raised in victory. The two men exchanged a quick hug and began to celebrate for the crowd as both Ted and Alex were on the ground in pain, as Warfare went off the air to a shot of Miz and AJ holding each other's hands up in victory!
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote