Warfare Results 08/05/2019

Ben M

Warfare Results 08/05/2019

Post by Ben M »

SEGMENT

Warfare opened backstage where Renee Young waited near a door with an EBWF Logo and the word "Staff" printed across it. Her facial features brightened as she realized she was live.

Renee Young: Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm backstage here at the Pechanga Arena. Early today, EBWF's official Twitter account proclaimed that Mr. Ikeda would have a huge announcement on tonight's show. I am...

The door behind Renee opened, and on cue, Wes Ikeda stepped out into the hallway. He was shaking his head as he saw Renee, and stepped over to her.

Wes Ikeda: Go ahead, Renee.

Renee Young: Mr. Ikeda, the internet has been abuzz about your announcement. Does it affect Summerslam?

Wes Ikeda: I'm afraid it does Renee. I don't know what's happening right now. I don't know when AJ Styles became a good guy. I don't know why Miz turned his back on the EBWF Fans. I don't know why Alex Riley and Ted DiBiase are running around here like it's 2014. But here we are. Last week, Trilogy forced my hand. Aiden English refusing the tag has forced my hand. I have to do something I hate doing. But you know Renee? These men have given me no other choice.

Renee Young: Do you know anything about the condition of AJ?

Wes Ikeda: I haven't spoken to AJ directly. It's really no secret that we're not buddies, but I have spoken with the trainers. AJ is a little banged up, but he's ready to go. Which brings me to my announcement. I did not make this decision lightly. In fact, I hate that I had to make this decision. I hate that the EBWF World Champion... Mike, I'm talking to you. You put me in this situation. So when you're looking for someone to blame, look in the mirror.

Wes inhaled sharply, and then looked into the camera.

Wes Ikeda: At Summerslam, the EBWF World Championship will be defended in a Triple Threat Match. The Miz will defend against Aiden English, and God help me, AJ Styles.

There was a pop inside the arena, and Wes waited a beat for it.

Wes Ikeda: Not only is this match following the usual no disqualification rules, but every person in the back... every person. Trilogy. Raquel Diaz. The guy who carried Aiden's bags this morning. They're all banned from ringside. And just in case you don't believe me, Miz, AJ, Aiden, if anyone comes to ringside on your behalf you will immediately forfeit the match.

Renee Young: Mr. Ikeda, who do you think will walk out champion at Summerslam?

Wes Ikeda: I don't know about that, but what I do know? No matter which one of them wins, they don't deserve to be the face of EBWF. Thanks, Renee.

Wes walked in front of Renee and out of frame as the show cut to the opening montage for Warfare.

MATCH ONE

After the opening montage, the show cut to Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves at ringside.

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! A huge announcement to kick off the show... at Summerslam in three weeks' time, The Miz will defend the World Title against both the 2019 King of the Ring winner, Aiden English, and AJ Styles!

Corey Graves: The odds are being stacked against Miz, Mauro... it's totally unfair!

Mauro Ranallo: After everything The Miz has done recently, Corey, I'd say it's karma! I expect we'll hear from the World Champion later on, but kicking things off tonight we've got the Women's Champion, Zahra Schreiber in action against Becky Lynch!

Becky Lynch was warmly received by the crowd as she made her way to the ring. After she had entered the ring, "512" by Lamb of God hit and the cheers quickly turned to boos as Zahra Schreiber stepped out onto the stage. Zahra made her way down the ramp, glaring at Becky as she entered the ring.

Corey Graves: You have to think the Queen of the Ring, Liv Morgan, will be watching this one closely... she challenges Zahra for the Women's Title at Summerslam!

The referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Zahra took Becky down with a snapmare, then as Becky got to her feet, Zahra hit a series of punches before whipping her against the ropes. As Becky ran back towards her, Zahra hit a clothesline, then followed it up with a DDT. She hooked the leg, and the referee counted – 1... 2... Becky kicked out! Zahra got to her feet and stomped on Becky several times, then pulled Becky to her feet and whipped her into the corner. Zahra hit Becky with some more right hands, then sat her on the turnbuckle, setting her up for a superplex. Becky blocked it, then countered with a sunset flip powerbomb! She hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... Zahra kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Great counter by Becky Lynch! Impressive athleticism from the Irish lass kicker!

Becky pulled Zahra to her feet and whipped her against the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. Both women got to their feet, and Becky hit the Bex-Plex! She hooked the leg once more and the referee counted – 1... 2... Zahra kicked out!

Corey Graves: Becky is in control here! Zahra's in trouble!

Becky stomped on Zahra several times, then turned her over and went for the Dis-Arm-Her... but before she could lock it in, Zahra fought back and got back to her feet. Becky grabbed Zahra, setting her up for an exploder suplex... but Zahra blocked it, countering with a jawbreaker!

Mauro Ranallo: Eat Defeat!

Zahra hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Becky kicked out! Zahra immediately grabbed her by the legs, and locked in a sharpshooter! Becky cried out in pain, but she was able to get to the ropes. The referee told Zahra to break the hold, but Zahra shook her head! The referee began counting, and Zahra released Becky just before the five count. As Becky got to her feet, Zahra grabbed her, setting her up for a neckbreaker, but Becky blocked it and countered with a hammerlock inverted DDT. Becky went for the Dis-arm-her once again, but Zahra immediately grabbed the ropes. Becky looked frustrated, and she took a step back, allowing Zahra time to get to her feet. When Zahra was up, Becky ran at her and went for a big boot, but Zahra ducked out of the way and hit a spinning heel kick! Zahra then followed it up with American History X! She hooked the leg, and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: It's over! An impressive victory for Zahra Schreiber!

Mauro Ranallo: If Liv Morgan wants win the Women's Championship at Summerslam, she's going to have a fight on her hands!

The referee called for the bell and raised Zahra's arm in victory. Zahra rolled out of the ring and grabbed the Women's Title from ringside, then made her way to the back as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

Warfare came back from commercial and we were outside of the arena when a stretch limo pulled up. A couple of production people ran by the limo to pick up the arrival of the car into the parking lot. The car came to a stop and the door opened. Stepping out first was Alex Riley, and he was followed by Ted DiBiase. The crowd on the inside of the arena, who were viewing this on the tron, showered them with boos. They both were wearing expensive suits and sunglasses on. Their hair was gelled and they both looked sharp. After a couple of beats The Miz walked out of the car as well. He was dressed similarly and had the EBWF Championship over his shoulder. He didn't acknowledge his two cohorts as he walked past them and Riley and DiBiase walked behind him. The group entered the building and began to walk down the hallway, all of a sudden Renee Young caught up with Trilogy.

Renee Young: Miz- Trilogy- do you mind if we have a few words with you guys.

Miz looked annoyed.

The Miz: Really? No- hey Miz? No how's your day going champ? The second we walk into this god forsaken city, and this piece of crap arena, the first thing we see is you- and the first thing you're going to say to me is that you want some words? Well here's a word... manners... here's another word... professionalism... get some... learn some...

Renee Young: But actually I thought I was very prof...

The Miz: Save it toots... what do you want? We're a hot commodity around here, and everyone wants a piece of us... so we don't have a lot of time.

Renee Young: I just wanted to know your thoughts on the announcement that Wes Ikeda made earlier tonight...

The Miz: Wes Ikeda? What announcement was that... is he going to challenge me for the title? It's been a while since that poser has tried to get into the ring and do what he pays guys like us, who are actually good at it, millions to do.

Alex Riley: Ugh don't give him any ideas... I can't be subjected to another Wes Ikeda match.

Renee Young: No that was not the announcement. In fact- he announced that your match with Aiden English at Summerslam would feature a third competitor.

The Miz: One of Nattie's cats?

Alex and Ted began laughing like 12 year olds as Miz smirked, getting a kick out of himself, but also maintaining somewhat of a snarl.

Renee Young: AJ Styles... actually.

The laughing stopped almost instantly.

The Miz: AJ Styles? He's adding AJ Styles to the match at Summerslam. Well La-Dee-Da... all that AJ Styles has done since he returned was get absolutely dismantled by The Trilogy. All AJ Styles has proven to the world, is that he is a shell of the man that he once was... and the man that he once was... wasn't even good enough to intrigue me... so why am I supposed to give a shred of a shit... pardon my French... about AJ Styles being entered into this match? Huh? Why would I care?

Renee looked a bit uncomfortable but gathered herself to answer.

Renee Young: Well I just thought that this going to a triple threat match may be something you take interest in. Also, Mr. Ikeda did announce that EVERYONE would be banned from ringside for this match to ensure that we get a clear cut winner. So I was hoping to get your thoughts on all of that.

The Miz scowled at this.

The Miz: My thoughts on it are simple Renee- I'm happy- thrilled- ecstatic that we're adding AJ to this match. Two slices of jamoak-a-doke pizza for me to devour in front of the entire world at Summerslam for the price of one. Two absolute douche-nozzles for me to destroy for the price of one. Adding AJ Styles does nothing to this match for me... it does nothing to my approach- to my planning. I've already owned Aiden English- and nobody has beaten the living hell out of AJ Styles more than I have... so looks like another anti climatic main event, where the champion... this beautiful bastard in front of you... who has BEEN the champion for the last 9 months... STAYS the champion... leaving all these idiots here and the millions of Miztakes who will watch worldwide... saying to themselves... "it's not fair... nobody can beat him... he's too good... Trilogy is too strong..." well boo freaking hoo. As far as everyone being banned from ringside... that's fine too... that just means that I'll have to dismantle these two bozos alone... and come back and tell Alex and Ted about it... rather than them getting to join in on all the fun. The fact is I'm still The Miz- I'm the standard- so triple threat... fatal four way... 30 man royal rumble... it doesn't freaking matter... I'm IT. I know we're in an entitled age Renee, but this is the EBWF... not EVERYONE gets a trophy... and certainly not EVERYONE gets to be the top dog... and to be more SPECIFIC... nobody but ME... gets to be the World Champion... it's just that simple. So add AJ Styles... add Wes Ikeda... add the cats... add Donald Trump... add Batman... Superman... King Kong... whoever... the additions are irrelevant... because the result is the same... the winner... is the SAME... the winner... the ONLY winner... the only CLEAR CUT WINNER, as you put it, in this entire company... is still ME!

BECAUSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM THE MIZ

ANNNNND I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Crowd: AWFUL!!

The Miz: AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

The Miz stormed off followed closely by his two fellow Trilogy members, as the scene cut back to the announcer booth for the next match.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Strong words from The Miz! Up next, we've got the Psycho Killer versus the Lunatic Fringe, as Tommaso Ciampa takes on Jon Moxley!

Tommaso Ciampa was to the ring first and stood in the ring to await his opponent. The crowd gave a huge ovation to Jon Moxley, who came in hot as he slid into the ring.

Corey Graves: These are two interesting and aggressive men in the ring here tonight, Mauro.

Mauro Ranallo: There's no telling how this will go.

The bell rang and the match was underway. They locked up and Moxley took Ciampa down but Ciampa was able to reverse it. Both men exchanged reversals, but Moxley won out when he took Ciampa down with a shoulder block. Ciampa went to take Moxley down but Moxley took Ciampa down as both men exchanged holds.

Corey Graves: Looks like Moxley might be trying to adapt to Ciampa a bit here.

Moxley hit a big right hand, and then chopped Ciampa in the chest. A right hand by Ciampa who sent Moxley to the ropes but Moxley was able to hit an elbow to the face, taking Ciampa down. Moxley went for the cover.

Corey Graves: And a kick out from Ciampa!

Moxley avoided the body slam, but couldn't dodge the drop kick. Moxley was flattened, and Ciampa went for the pin.

Mauro Ranallo: And Tommaso hasn't seen the end of Jon Moxley!

With both men on their feet, Ciampa had Moxley in the middle of the ring. Ciampa went for a right hand but Moxley ducked and a clothesline took Ciampa down. Moxley sent Ciampa to the ropes and a lodged his knee in Ciampa's midsection. Moxley stompped on Ciampa. He runs towards him at full speed, but Ciampa got his leg up and delivered a foot to the face. He went for a DDT but Moxley fought him off and delivers a fall away slam.

Mauro Ranallo: Jon Moxley trying to get the upper hand here.

Moxley took Ciampa down and catapulted him into the ring post. He ran towards Ciampa but Ciampa moved and Moxley went shoulder first onto the post. Ciampa went for the knee strike but Moxley caught his leg. Moxley leveraged Ciampa's momentum to lift Ciampa into the air before delivering the Dirty Deeds! Moxley went for the pin.

3!

Corey Graves: Jon Moxley with a victory over Ciampa!

Mauro Ranallo: Moxley is trying to leave his mark on EBWF. No doubt about that.

Moxley's hand was raised in victory as Warfare went to commercial.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from commercial, the camera cut away to a backstage locker room where Aiden English paced the floor in his black velvet robe and silver crown. The door at the side of the room opened and Raquel walked in with a sheet of paper.

Raquel Diaz: I’ve got our itinerary finished for next week. I talked to production and had them cue up your music so you can go down to the ring after this match. And…

Raquel looked up from the paper to notice Aiden still pacing back and forth.

Raquel Diaz: What’s wrong?

Aiden English: Have you been watching the show? No? Wes Ikeda announced that he’s adding AJ Styles to MY Summerslam match!

Raquel Diaz: Under what pretence?

Aiden English: Because the Miz and company keep beating him up! Oh but it gets better.

Raquel Diaz: What?

Aiden English: He’s banning everyone from ringside, yourself included. He called you out by name. I EARNED THIS OPPORTUNITY! AJ Styles has done nothing since he returned.

Raquel Diaz: What are we going to do about it?

Aiden stopped pacing. A wicked grin started to develop on his face as though he had been possessed by a thought.

Aiden English: If AJ Styles wants to be a bright shining beacon for the EBWF Universe, I’ll be right there to take his light and drown him in darkness. We just need to make sure that NO ONE comes down to ringside. Not even someone with the power to ignore the rules and procedures of the EBWF.

Raquel Diaz: Do you mea….

Aiden English: Make sure it gets done right.

Raquel nodded and grabbed a phone from the purse tucked under her arm. As she flipped the phone open she backed out the door. Aiden stood there, turned half away from the camera smiling with a hundred yard stare on his face until the camera cut away.

MATCH THREE

The camera cut back to Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves at ringside.

Mauro Ranallo: What was that about, Corey?

Corey Graves: I've no idea, Mauro! But here's what I do know... we're ready now for our main event!

The Dominance Remix by CFO$ hit and Lashley and Hardcore Holly began their walk down the ramp and into the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Bobby Lashley and Hardcore Holly are taking their shot at the Tag Team Championships. To say that End and Dante have been dominant in the division would be an understatement!

Lost in Static hit the PA and the champions came onto the stage with the belts firmly around their waist. They entered the ring, and the referee was quick to take the belts and give them to the time keeper. The ref called for the bell.

Corey Graves: Here we go!

End and Holly started things off and End put on a side headlock. End followed through with a shoulder tackle but Holly countered with a hip toss. Holly locked on an arm bar, and he transitioned into a wrist lock, but End slammed Holly and Dante tagged in. Holly kicked Dante away and then took Dante down with an arm drag into another arm bar. Holly transitioned into another wrist lock, but Dante reversed it into a wrist lock of his own. Holly reversed and hit a body scissors take down into an arm bar. Dante followed up with an uppercut and Holly went to the floor. Dante punched Lashley and went for the Irish whip. Lashley punched End on the return. Which gave Holly the chance to return to the action with a double clothesline off the turnbuckles followed by an exploder on Dante.

Mauro Ranallo: This match continues, next!

The show returned from commercial with End locking in the crossface on Lashley. Forced to break the hold, the men got on their feet and Lashley got in a few punches. End answered with a shoulder to the midsection. Dante tagged in and Lashley kicked End and sent Dante to the floor. End missed a drop kick into the corner and got caught in the turnbuckles. Dante couldn't stop the tag and Holly came in and punched Dante and hit a drop kick. Holly got a take down on End. Holly punched Dante from the turnbuckle and hit a cross body on End. Holly got the reverse atomic drop on Dante and hit a belly-to-belly throw on End. Holly got German suplex on Dante and rolled him up.

Mauro Ranallo: Hardcore Holly and Bobby Lashley had the titles within their grasp, but Michael Dante kicked out!

Dante went for a sunset flip but Holly dropped down and get another quick near fall. Lashley sent End to the apron and Holly was dropped on the top rope. Dante got a near fall, and after the kickout Dante followed up with a leg drop and elbow drop followed by a head butt. Dante delivered a belly-to-back suplex and End tags. End was dropped onto Holly for another close two count. Dante tagged in and he snapmared Holly and applied a reverse chin lock. Holly delivered a well-placed forearm and maneuvered around to lay more punches on End.

Corey Graves: Michael Dante and Hardcore Holly are the legal men here.

Dante delivered a kick and he kept Holly from making the tag to Lashley. Holly hit a belly-to-back suplex and both men were down. Lashley was pulled to the floor by End and Holly struggled to the corner to the corner but Dante knocked Lashley off the apron again. End did an elbow off the middle turnbuckle for a near fall.

Corey Graves: Tommy End tried to end it there.

Dante made the tag but Holly hit the Alabama Slam on End. Holly followed up with a German suplex to Dante and Holly tried to get to his corner but Lashley was still on the floor!

Mauro Ranallo: You can't help out there, Bobby!

Holly catapulted Dante into the turnbuckles. End and Lashley tagged in and Lashley was hot, hitting multiple clotheslines and a back body drop to End. Lashley kept the momentum with a uranage slam on Dante.

Mauro Ranallo: End is the legal man here! What's Dante doing?

Lashley hit a gourdbuster to End, and ran him right onto Dante. Lashley hit a running shoulder to both men and he went to the turnbuckles but missed End. Lashley clotheslined Dante over the top rope and hit a spinebuster on End for a near fall!

Corey Graves: I thought we had new champions!

Lashley set up for the DDT, but Dante stopped his momentum by grabbing him from behind, causing him to lose his footing. End followed through with a rollup for another near fall. Dante tagged in and they hit a Gory Special and Bulldog combination for yet another near fall. End tagged in again, and yet another switch gave Holly a moment and he got involved with a cross body to Dante to allow Lashley to get a near fall on End with a sunset flip. Holly tagged in and missed a crossbody when End kicked him out of the air!

Mauro Ranallo: Owari Death Kick! Holly is out.

Dante rushed Lashley, keeping him from interrupting the pin.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Dante and End retain!

Corey Graves: Lashley and Holly took them for a ride, but Tommy End and Michael Dante prove their dominance once again.

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo: Excuse me Corey, I’ve just received word that there’s something going on backstage. Sorry folks we’re going to cut away to the action in the back.

The shot jumped to a shaky camera running down a hall backstage. The sounds of a body being slammed into all manner of objects echoed off the cinder block walls of the arena. As the camera rounded the corner Wes Ikeda slammed into a shipping crate and rolled over the top of it. CM Punk pulled the shipping crate and shoved it away to clear a path to Wes. He picked Wes up from the floor and attempted to hit him but Wes blocked it and fired back with a right of his own. Punk stumbled back and Ikeda dove at him. The two men tumbled to the ground and wrestled for better position. They threw punches at each other as they struggled. After a moment the two men separated and got to their feet. Wes lunged at Punk again but this time he swung wildly over Punk’s head. CM Punk quickly lifted Wes up onto his shoulder and hit the GTS. He leaned over Wes.

CM Punk: The King of the Ring sends his regards.

Punk started to walk away when he noticed the camera. He pulled it in for a closeup.

CM Punk: You can’t imagine how long I’ve been waiting to do that!

Punk shoved the camera away and walked off. The cameraman got a closer look at Wes who was starting to stir. A swarm of people came rushing in moments too late to stop the attack.

Mauro Ranallo: I’m not sure what to say. It looks like CM Punk has sent Mr. Ikeda a message from Aiden English. I can’t believe what we just saw. There’s got to be repercussions for these actions.

The crew backstage tended to Wes Ikeda as Warfare went off the air.