Warfare Results 10/14/2019

Ben M

Warfare Results 10/14/2019

Post by Ben M »

SEGMENT

Warfare came on the air to an impressive pyrotechnic display, and a shot of a sold out Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse was seen. The arena was electric and the fans were very excited for the show to begin. The camera cut to Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo.

Corey Graves: Welcome to Cleveland, Ohio for Warfare! Corey Graves alongside Mauro Ranallo as usual. Boy do we have a great show on tap for you!

Mauro Ranallo: That's right Corey- tonight the Gateway Championship tournament begins, and what a spectacle that is going to be.

Corey Graves: No doubt about that and not to me..

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"I CAME TO PLAY- THERE'S A PRICE TO PAY- TIME FOR YOU TO GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY"

"I Came To Play" by Downstait hit the PA system and there was a mixed reaction from the fans, as we were in the hometown of the former EBWF Champion. The Miz came out from behind the curtain and he had a scowl on his face. That scowl turned to a goofy grin as he pointed towards the entrance way and out came a bouncing Mickie Mizanin flaunting her new ring. The limited boos turned to more cheers as Miz had an almost happy disposition as he put his arm around his new wife. He wore a black blazer that was buttoned all the way up and black dress pants. He then ripped open the jacket to reveal a black t-shirt that had baby blue letters and the words "your favorite husbands favorite husband" The crowd was now pretty much unanimously cheering as The Miz climbed into the ring- he opened the ropes for his new wife.

Christy Hemme: Ladies and Gentlemen for the first time in the EBWF please welcome Mr. and Mrs. Mike Mizanin!!!

The crowd cheered both Miz and Mickie were glowing as The Miz grabbed a microphone.

The Miz: Honey..... I'm HOME!!!

The crowd popped and Miz had a wide smile on his face.

The Miz: Now Cleveland I know what you are thinking.. where's Ted? Where's Alex? Where's the Trilogy? Well guys- I got to be honest with you- in the weeks leading up to your wedding a lot of crazy stuff goes through your head. What's going to go wrong? Are people going to enjoy the music the DJ plays? Will they like the food? Will any of your exes show up and speak now before they forever hold their peace.. so to say that I was preoccupied would be an understatement.. and sometimes... when you're preoccupied.. well you make decisions.. that are.. how do I put this... freaking stupid.

The crowd cheered at where Miz was heading with this.

The Miz: I mean here I was- on the verge of becoming the longest reigning EBWF Champion of all time- and then I decide to hop in my time machine and bring back the Trilogy.. but instead of AJ Styles.. I sub in... Alex Riley.... I mean come on.. what the heck is that? REALLY MIZ?!

Mickie craned in.

Mickie Mizanin: I tried to talk him out of it.. pretty much everyone did..

The Miz nodded furiously.

The Miz: No it's true everyone did.. and Wes if you're watching.. I will venmo you the 20 bucks I owe you- it was a bad idea.. and you did tell me so..

The crowd was going nuts.

The Miz: So unless you're watching Ex on the Beach Sorta Kinda Celebrity edition- I don't expect to see Alex Riley or Ted DiBiase on TV anytime soon.. at least not next to me.. that spot is now.. and is FOREVER reserved for Mrs. Mickie Mizanin!

The crowd cheered as Mickie held her arms up with pride to hear that name be announced out loud.

The Miz: Now that that's taken care of- Mizfits your leader has shaken off the cobwebs.. your leader has seen the error of his ways.. your leader... has RETURNED.. and I feel refreshed.. I feel motivated.. and after our honeymoon... I feel... well god damn I feel just WONDERFUL.. if ya know what I mean.

Mickie craned in again.

Mickie Mizanin: He means we did it on the honeymoon... like a lot!

The crowd cheered again as Miz nodded as if to say "it's true."

The Miz: One thing that I don't feel wonderful about though, is though I now have a ring that occupies this finger.

The camera zoomed in on Miz' wedding ring.

The Miz: I'm missing the title that used to occupy this waist.. and that does NOT sit well with me. Aiden English became the EBWF World Champion ending my long reign as champion.. and he did so by pinning... AJ Styles...

The crowd booed at the idea of Miz losing without even being pinned.

The Miz: Now like the now extinct trilogy members.. I'm pretty sick of things that involve AJ Styles. I'm pretty sick of AJ Styles coming back around here to collect a couple of checks- and costing me my title or my time.. but most of all Mizfits.. I'm pretty sick.. ALREADY.. of NOT being the EBWF Champion. I'm the god damn Miz- and I'm not here to just look pretty- I mean.. I'm freaking handsome as all hell- but that's not the reason I'm here. I'm here because I'm the cream of the crop, best of the best, most MUST SEE superstar in EBWF history- I'm here because I'm the best wrestler in the god damn universe and the man who deserves to STILL be the EBWF Champion.. so Cleveland- this is me- your hero- your guy- your favorite wrestler's-

CROWD: FAVORITE WRESTLER

The Miz: Officially invoking my rematch clause and challenging Aiden English to a match for MY EBWF TITLE any place- any time- any type of match- you name it- and I'll win it.. because there are just simple facts of life.. birds gotta fly.. fish gotta swim.. and a man as talented as The Miz.. has GOT to be the EBWF CHAMPION.. and folks.. that's exactly what I will soon be again..

BECAUSE I'MMMMMMMMM THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ANNNNND I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Crowd and Miz: AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"I Came To Play" boomed from the PA System once more and The Miz kissed Mickie on the lips quickly and the two exited the ring hand and hand.

Corey Graves: Wow what a return for the former champion tonight- dumped the Trilogy and seems to have not only just exchanged vows with the lovely Mickie, but also just made another vow to become EBWF Champion once again.

Mauro Ranallo: One has to wonder what our current champion will have to say about that.

Warfare went to a commercial to a shot of Mickie and Miz smiling at the top of the ramp.

MATCH ONE

"Break the Walls Down" hit and the crowd cheered as Chris Jericho made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! It's time for our first match of the evening, and kicking things off tonight we've got Chris Jericho versus Matt Sydal in the first round of the Gateway Championship Tournament!

After Jericho had entered the ring, Matt Sydal came out to a mixed reaction from the crowd. When Sydal was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two superstars locked up. Sydal went for a headlock, but Jericho ducked out of the way and grabbed Sydal by the arm, applying a hammerlock. As Sydal tried to break out of it, Jericho turned him around and whipped him against the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. Both men got to their feet, and Jericho hit Sydal with a kick to the midsection, then lifted him up, hitting a double underhook backbreaker. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Jericho pulled Sydal to his feet and hit him with a series of right hands, then whipped him into the corner. He ran at Sydal, hitting a forearm smash, then took him down with a bulldog. Jericho followed it up with the Lionsault! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Mauro Ranallo: A strong start here from Jericho... he's dominating the match thus far!

Jericho got to his feet and stomped on Sydal several times, then pulled him to his feet and set him up for a powerbomb. He lifted Sydal up... but Sydal countered with a hurricanrana! Both men got to their feet and Sydal whipped Jericho into the corner, then ran at him, hitting a dropkick. As Jericho staggered out of the corner, Sydal went to the top rope. Jericho turned around and Sydal hit him with a diving double knee drop! Sydal's knees connected with Jericho's shoulders, taking him down to the mat. Sydal hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Jericho kicked out!

Corey Graves: Sydal almost had it!

Sydal pulled Jericho to his feet and hit him with a series of kicks, then followed up with a swinging neckbreaker. Sydal climbed to the top rope once more, and went for the Shooting Star Press... but Jericho rolled out of the way at the last second! Both men got to their feet, and Jericho grabbed Sydal, hitting him with the Codebreaker! Jericho hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo: That’s it, just like that Matt Sydal is eliminated and Chris Jericho moves one step closer to becoming our new Gateway Champion!

Corey Graves: This tournament is history in the making! One of the men who win here tonight are going to go on to face King Aiden for the EBWF World Title!

Mauro Ranallo: It could be Chris Jericho, and you have to think after their match last week the Champion has to be watching backstage.

“Moments” by Sevendust hit and the lights went down in the arena. The crowd booed. A single red light illuminated the stage revealing Aiden English standing with the World Title around his waist. The camera cut back to the ring with Jericho amping himself up for a fight. Aiden started to run toward the ring but stopped himself half way down the ramp. A wide shot revealed the two staring one another down. Aiden smiled devilishly as Jericho taunted for him to keep coming.

Corey Graves: The King might not be content to watch!

Mauro Ranallo: We might be about to witness a second preview to this title match in the making!

The camera cut to Aiden as he took the EBWF World Title off his waist and held it over his head in one hand. The crowd booed again. Raquel emerged from backstage and walked down to stand beside her husband. He turned and layed the title in her outstretched arms gingerly, taking care to fold the straps under. The action jumped back to the ring with Chris leaning over the top rope and yelling at Aiden. Aiden turned and held his finger up to Jericho to tell him to hold on. The crowd gasped and booed. The camera cut to Jericho pulling away from the ropes and turning into a huge chair shot from CM Punk.

Mauro Ranallo: Now this just isn’t right!

Punk walked around Jericho as he struggled to get to his knees. The chair came down across the back of Jericho collapsing him back to the mat. Punk followed up with a third and fourth strike in rapid succession. Aiden slid into the ring and motioned for Jericho to be picked up. Diaz handed the title to her husband through the ropes and he placed it in the center of the ring.

Corey Graves: Things aren’t looking good for Chris Jericho!

Mauro Ranallo: We need someone out here to stop this!

Punk hauled Chris up to his feet and allowed Aiden to get into position. Aiden lifted Jericho up and hit the Director’s Cut driving Jericho down onto the World Title. English pulled the title up and shoved it in Jericho’s face, yelling at him about wanting it. Punk leaned over the ropes and Raquel handed him a mic. Aiden stood up and dropped onto Jericho hitting him in the head with the title. Punk paced the ring with the mic, tapping on it to check it was working.

Mauro Ranallo: No one wants to hear what these two have to say!

Corey Graves: I do!

Aiden tugged Jericho’s hair to lift his head off the mat. Once again he pressed the title against Chris’s face and shouted at him. The camera pulled out to show Punk sitting in the corner while Aiden taunted Jericho.

CM Punk: Look at us, trying to find a new Gateway Champion! Who will it be? Bobby Lashley? Tommaso Ciampa? It could be AJ Styles! Boys, it could be any of you or all of you. It doesn’t matter to the King of the EBWF! No, this is what happens to people who come after Aiden English and his title. Why would any of you be any different? Dethrone the King? No one in EBWF has ever beat a defending Aiden English. He willingly relinquished his EBWF Breakout Title. Otherwise, he’d still be wearing it! He abandoned the garbage title you’re all fighting for. Otherwise, this tournament would exist!

Punk jumped down from the corner and walked to Chris and Aiden in the center of the ring. He dropped down to a knee to speak directly to an unconscious Chris Jericho.

CM Punk: This is what happens to people who start thinking they can take the title off of Aiden English! But, Chris, this isn’t just business. Oh no Chris, this is personal. So personal. Your best buddy Wes doesn’t want to reward my “bad behaviour”. No, Wes doesn’t want to stand up to me for attacking him. So, I was thinking he might come down and rescue his dearest friend in the world! Where is he Chris? No Wes, no saviour, no one to stop us! There’s not a SOUL in Cleveland willing to rescue you!

Wes Ikeda slid under the bottom of the rope and jumped on CM Punk with a flurry of strikes and the crowd cheered. Punk struggled to get himself free but Wes continued to rain down punches to the head. Without warning Aiden hit the CEO with the World Title. Punk pulled himself free and shoved Wes to the side. Punk moved to the corner and started firing himself up by slapping the turnbuckle. The camera cut away from the ring to Blaine Ikeda running down toward the ring with a chair in his hands. He slid into the ring and rushed directly toward Punk in the corner. Punk dropped to the mat and slid out of the ring as the chair smacked across the top rope where he had just been standing. Aiden and Blaine stood in opposite corners. Aiden gripped the World Title in his hands with an evil smirk while Blaine brandished the chair in front of him.

Corey Graves: What in the hell is Blaine Ikeda doing out here?

Mauro Ranallo: He’s saving his friend and father from continued assault by Punk and English!

Corey Graves: He’s putting himself in a very dangerous situation!

Aiden went to step out of the corner but Wes was holding onto his leg. Aiden looked down at the CEO and then back to his son. Aiden stepped backwards to the rope and stepped onto the apron. He looked over Jericho, Wes and then back to Blaine one more time before dropping to the floor and regrouping with CM Punk and Raquel Diaz. The three started back up the ramp while Blaine checked on his father. At the top of the ramp Punk was handed a mic by a member of the stage crew.

CM Punk: Oh hey! Chris, Wes, Blaine. I hope you all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving! I wonder though…

Aiden and Raquel left CM Punk standing alone at the top of the ramp.

CM Punk: If all three of you are out here stinking up the ring. Who is backstage watching out for dear old Natalya? Who’s keeping her company on this fine Thanksgiving? Don’t worry, my friends went to check on her!

Punk tossed the mic out in front of him and backed up into the curtain. “Cult of Personality” by Living Colour started to play. Punk used his hand to open the curtain and leave the arena as the show cut away to commercial.

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from commercial, "Phenomenal" by CFO$ hit and the crowd cheered as AJ Styles made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, AJ Styles takes on Tommy End in another Gateway Championship tournament first round match.

Upon entering the ring, Styles moved into the corner, awaiting the arrival of his opponent. "Lost in the Static" by After the Burial hit and the crowd booed as End headed to the ring. When End was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two superstars locked up. Styles forced End into the corner, then hit him with a series of punches. End fought back, shoving Styles away then hitting him with a roundhouse kick. Styles staggered backwards, and End went to whip him against the ropes, but Styles reversed the Irish whip, sending End into the ropes. As End ran back towards him, Styles went for a clothesline, but End ducked out of the way, then grabbed Styles from behind, hitting a German suplex. Both men got to their feet and End hit a brainbuster, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! End got to his feet and stomped on Styles several times, then hit a knee drop. He pulled Styles to his feet, whipping him into the corner. As Styles moved out of the corner, End ran towards him, hitting a knee strike! Styles got to his feet, and End went for the Owari Death Kick, but Styles ducked out of the way and lifted End over his shoulder, hitting a back-to-belly piledriver. Styles then climbed onto the ring apron, before hitting a springboard 450 splash!

Mauro Ranallo: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No... it's AJ Styles hitting the Superman!

Styles hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... End kicked out! Styles got to his feet and grabbed End by the leg, locking in the Calf Crusher! End cried out in pain, but he was able to reach the ropes.

Corey Graves: Styles is targeting the legs... he's trying to limit the effectiveness of End's kicks!

Mauro Ranallo: Well they are End's primary weapon, Corey!

Styles broke the hold and stomped on End's leg several times, then pulled him to his feet and set him up for the Styles Clash... but End blocked it, countering with a back body drop. As Styles got to his feet, End hit an exploder suplex, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Styles kicked out! End pulled Styles to his feet and set him up for a powerbomb, but Styles countered with a hurricanrana! Both men got to their feet, and Styles lifted End onto his shoulders, hitting the Ushigoroshi. Styles then went to the ring apron, signalling for the Phenomenal Forearm! End stumbled to his feet, and the crowd cheered in anticipation as Styles springboarded off the top rope. However End reacted quickly, hitting Styles with the Owari Death Kick!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! What a counter!

End hooked the leg, and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Corey Graves: Tommy End gets the victory! He'll face Chris Jericho in the tournament semi-final.

End celebrated and made his way backstage, leaving Styles laid out in the ring.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Still to come, Edge takes on Tommaso Ciampa in our main event... up first, though, Edge's tag team partner Randy Orton takes on "The All Mighty", Bobby Lashley!

Lashley made his way to the ring first, accompanied by Lio Rush. After Lashley had entered the ring, "Counting Bodies Like Sheep" by A Perfect Circle hit and the crowd cheered as Randy Orton headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Orton locked eyes with Lashley. The referee called for the bell and Lashley charged towards Orton, hitting him with a series of punches. Orton fought back with some right hands of his own, then whipped Lashley against the ropes, before taking him down with a clothesline. Lashley got to his feet and Orton hit him with some more right hands, following up with an uppercut. Lashley staggered backwards and Orton grabbed him, hitting a gutwrench elevated neckbreaker. Orton stomped on Lashley several times, then hit a leaping knee drop and hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1... 2... Lashley kicked out!

Corey Graves: Orton with a near fall!

Mauro Ranallo: A dominant start by the Viper!

Orton pulled Lashley to his feet and set him up for a suplex, but Lashley blocked it, countering with a body slam. Lashley stomped on Orton several times, then pulled him to his feet and whipped him into the corner. Lashley ran at Orton and hit a forearm smash, then followed it up with a full nelson slam. Lashley hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Orton kicked out! Lashley stomped on Orton several times, then pulled him to his feet and lifted him over his shoulder, setting him up for the Dominator! Orton wriggled free and got behind Lashley, hitting an inverted headlock backbreaker, then began pounding the mat. Lashley got to his feet, and Orton hit the RKO! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Orton wins!

Corey Graves: Will he face his tag team partner in the tournament semi-finals? We'll find out next!

The referee called for the bell, and raised Orton's arm in victory. Orton celebrated as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH FOUR

As Warfare returned from commercial, the camera cut to Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves art ringside!

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Before the break, we saw Randy Orton defeat Bobby Lashley in a Gateway Championship Tournament first round match. Up next, we'll find out whether Orton will have to face his tag team partner in the semi-finals as Edge takes on Tommaso Ciampa in the final match of the first round!

Tommaso Ciampa came to the ring first, then when Ciampa was in the ring "Metalingus" hit and the crowd cheered as Edge stepped out onto the stage. Edge walked down the ramp, slid into the ring and removed his trenchcoat, then stared across the ring at Ciampa. Ciampa stared right back at his opponent, and as the bell rang, the two men charged towards one another. Ciampa went for a clothesline, but Edge ducked out of the way, then hit Ciampa with a series of punches. Edge then whipped Ciampa against the ropes, before hitting an arm drag. As Ciampa hit the mat, Edge stomped on him several times, then pulled Ciampa to his feet and hit him with a neckbreaker. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Ciampa kicked out!

Corey Graves: Edge starting this match strongly, but Tommaso Ciampa isn't going down that easily!

Edge pulled Ciampa to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him into the corner. Edge sat Ciampa on the top rope and set him up for a superplex, but Ciampa fought back with a series of punches, then hit Edge with a double axe handle. As Edge fell to the mat, Ciampa grabbed him and threw him out of the ring, then followed Edge to the outside. Outside the ring, Ciampa grabbed Edge once more, this time throwing him into the steel steps! Ciampa then began to rip the padding on the ground up, exposing the concrete underneath.

Mauro Ranallo: I don't like the look of this... Ciampa is intending to seriously hurt Edge!

Ciampa pulled Edge to his feet, and set him up for a piledriver on the exposed concrete... but Edge countered with a back body drop! The referee had reached the count of 7, and Edge quickly slid back into the ring. The referee continued counting – 8... 9... Ciampa rolled into the ring just before the ten count! Edge immediately grabbed Ciampa, hitting the Edgecution! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Ciampa kicked out just before the 3!

Corey Graves: Ciampa hanging in there!

Mauro Ranallo: You make him sound so valiant, Corey... when just moments ago he was trying to drill Edge's head into exposed concrete!

Edge got to his feet and stomped on Ciampa several times, then grabbed him by the legs, setting him up for the Edgecator. Before he could lock it in, Ciampa kicked Edge away and got to his feet. Ciampa whipped Edge into the corner, then ran at him and hit a high knee. As Edge staggered out of the corner, Ciampa set him up for Project Ciampa, but Edge broke free and got behind Ciampa, hitting a German suplex. As Ciampa got back to his feet, Edge charged towards him, hitting the Spear! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Edge wins!

Edge celebrated his victory as Warfare went off the air.