Warfare Results 11/25/2019

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 11/25/2019

Post by Ashlee »

Match One

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! We are live from Lexington, Kentucky, and tonight I'm joined by my new broadcast colleague, Nigel McGuinness! Nigel, welcome to EBWF, it's a pleasure to have you.

Nigel McGuinness: The pleasure is all mine, Mauro!

Mauro Ranallo: Kicking things off tonight, we've got the Breakout Champion Hardcore Holly in action as he goes one on one with PJ Black!

"How Do You Like Me Now" hit and the crowd booed as Hardcore Holly made his way to the ring, accompanied by Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush. When Holly was in the ring, "Sick of it" by Skillet hit and the crowd cheered as PJ Black headed to the ring. After Black had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell. Holly charged at Black, going for a clothesline, but Black ducked out of the way, then hit Holly with a series of kicks. Black then grabbed Holly and whipped him against the ropes, before hitting a hip toss. As Holly got to his feet, Black hit an enzuigiri, then hit a back suplex. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Holly kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: A strong start by PJ Black! He's taking the fight to the Breakout Champion!

Nigel McGuinness: PJ Black is a very talented superstar, Mauro... he's been wrestling for 22 years. That's almost as long as Hardcore Holly!

Black pulled Holly to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then ran at him, hitting a dropkick. As Holly staggered out of the corner, Black climbed to the top rope, then went for a diving crossbody... but Hardcore Holly caught him, and countered with a fallaway slam! Both men got to their feet and Holly hit Black with a series of punches, then dragged him towards the corner and slammed his head off the turnbuckle. Holly punched Black in the corner several times, then pulled him out of the corner and hit a pumphandle slam. Holly followed up with a jumping knee drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Black kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Another near fall! This time Hardcore Holly gets a two count!

Holly got to his feet and stomped on Black several times, then sat him up and applied a sleeper hold. Black fought out of it, and as both men got to their feet, Hardcore Holly went to whip PJ Black against the ropes. Black reversed the Irish whip, sending Holly into the ropes, then as Holly ran back towards him, Black hit a running shoulder block. As Holly hit the mat, he rolled out of the ring and grabbed a steel chair from ringside!

Nigel McGuinness: I guess Hardcore Holly has had enough, Mauro! He wants to use a chair!

Mauro Ranallo: He wants to use a chair in every match he wrestles, Nigel... it's his trademark move!

Holly re-entered the ring with the chair, but before he could use it, the referee grabbed the chair! Holly looked frustrated, and as he argued with the referee, PJ Black hit him with a superkick! Black then climbed to the top rope, and went for the 450 Splash... but Hardcore Holly rolled out of the way! Black seemed to land awkwardly on his knee, and Holly took full advantage, locking in a kneebar! Black cried out in pain, but he was able to get to the ropes... however, Holly refused to break the hold!

Mauro Ranallo: This is despicable! Hardcore Holly is trying to injure PJ Black!

Nigel McGuinness: Don't forget, PJ Black missed an entire year of action after tearing his ACL in the Royal Rumble last year... Holly is deliberately targeting that part of the body!

The referee threatened to disqualify Holly, and began counting – 1... 2... 3... 4... Holly broke the hold just before the count of 5! Holly then got to his feet and grabbed the steel chair, before hitting Black across the knee with the chair! PJ Black cried out in pain, and the referee called for the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: Well Hardcore Holly has been disqualified, but PJ Black is in real trouble here...

Holly didn't seem to care that he'd been disqualified, and he hit Black with the chair several more times. The referee tried to stop him, but Hardcore Holly shoved the referee away, then wrapped the chair around Black's knee! Before Holly could do further damage, Heath Slater ran to the ring and attacked him, but Lashley and Rush stormed the ring, beating Slater down. As Hardcore Holly held PJ Black in place, Bobby Lashley lifted Slater up, hitting a powerbomb and dropping Slater right onto Black's knee!

Nigel McGuinness: This is disturbing, Mauro... PJ Black might be seriously hurt!

As referees and road agents rushed to the ring, Lashley, Holly and Rush stepped back, looking pleased with themselves. Black was unable to stand, and one of the referees made an X with his arms, signalling for the EMTs.

Mauro Ranallo: This is not something we ever want to see... we need to go to a commercial break right now, but we'll try to keep you updated on Black's condition.

Warfare went to commercial as the EMTs loaded Black onto a stretcher.

Segment

As EBWF returned from commercial the camera was backstage where viewers found Kayla Braxton. She was hurrying into the catering area where both Wes and Blaine Ikeda were standing near one of the buffet tables. Wes eyed the camera, and Kayla’s microphone registered his voice despite the microphone being at her side.

Wes Ikeda: Well, Kayla, this is certainly unexpected.

Kayla Braxton: But hopefully not unwelcome.

Wes was incredulous, but he didn’t make as though he was going to prevent her from continuing.

Kayla Braxton: I actually had a question for Blaine.

The younger Ikeda perked up at this and turned his attention to the conversation.

Kayla Braxton: Blaine, it’s been a month since your debut match at Fanniversary, and the whole EBWF Universe wants to know what’s next for you.

Blaine Ikeda: I’m not trying to play coy right now, Kayla. The truth is, I’m not sure. Punk took me to my limit, and while I won that match, I haven’t given a whole lot of thought to where I go from here. I know it isn’t the answer people want, but it’s the answer right now.

Wes Ikeda: Anyone who’s even remotely interested in professional wrestling saw that match, and it exceeded expectations. So for anyone to expect that Blaine’s next step would be to go out on Warfare and face Lio Rush every week? Well, they obviously haven’t been paying attention to the Ikedas for the last two decades.

Kayla Braxton: For those of us who have, Mr. Ikeda, Christmas Eve of Destruction is just around the corner. It is widely regarded as your favorite event of the year. What are your plans?

Wes Ikeda: My plans are to gather around the tree, share a nice meal with my family, and put out some milk and cookies for Santa while my wife and I, with our children, celebrate Finley’s first Christmas. Those are my plans, but... on the other hand? I’m not quite sure I’ve forgiven Aiden English for encouraging his stooge to go after my family. So maybe my plans will change.

He grinned.

Wes Ikeda: You have a Happy Thanksgiving, Kayla. If you’ll excuse us...

The Ikedas walked out of the frame as a promo for Christmas Eve of Destruction began to play.

Main Event

Mauro Ranallo: Ladies and gentlemen we’ve made it to our main event of the evening. Nigel, there’s a lot of bad blood stirring between these four men. What are your thoughts?

Nigel McGuinness: Honestly, I’m not sure about the mental state of the EBWF World Champion. I saw Aiden backstage earlier and he seemed out of sorts.

Mauro Ranallo: I’m not sure out of sorts covers it. The rumor is that significant damage was done to Raquel Diaz last week while he was in the ring with Chris Jericho.

Nigel McGuinness: You have to think he puts some of the blame on Chris for that.

Mauro Ranallo: We’re about to find out!

“Break the Walls Down” by Jim Johnstone hit and Chris Jericho made his way from the back. The crowd cheered as he posed at the top of the ramp before making his way down to the ring. Jericho tested the ropes on the ring and played to the crowd for several moments. Just as Jericho’s music was cut a familiar sound broke over the PA. “I Came to Play” by Downstait started after the Awesome intro. Miz stepped out onto the stage to the same roar of cheers Chris had received before him. Miz made his way to the ring and slid in.

Mauro Ranallo: These two men haven’t always seen eye to eye but tonight they have to come together against two men who have been working in tandem for weeks.

Nigel McGuinness: There are still a lot of questions in the Universe about how CM Punk and Aiden English came to be friends.

Mauro Ranallo: There’s always been a bond backstage between the Chicago natives.

“Cult of Personality” by Living Colour started to play and the crowd booed. CM Punk walked out and basked in the hatred of the crowd. He squared his shoulders to the ring and held a fist up. The music cut away and “Moments” by Sevendust cut in almost thirty seconds into the song with the lyrics “Destroy the Meaning”. Aiden English stepped out onto the ramp behind Punk with his silver crown gripped in his right hand and the title around his waist. Aiden bared his teeth to the crowd before rearing back and throwing his crown out amongst them.

Nigel McGuinness: Lots of anger brewing in Aiden English tonight.

Mauro Ranallo: You’re not kidding and I fear for whoever he unleashes it on.

Aiden brushed past CM Punk and made his way down to the ring at a quick step. He slid under the bottom rope and snapped his head up to stare at Jericho and Miz. Punk used the stairs to get into the ring. Aiden pulled himself up off the mat and pulled the title free at the request of the referee. Miz and Jericho stood in their corner strategizing while Punk talked to Aiden and English stated off into the crowd. Aiden and Miz climbed out onto the apron in opposite corners.

Mauro Ranallo: It looks like we’re going to kick this match off with Chris Jericho and CM Punk.

Nigel McGuinness: These two veterans know each other very well.

Mauro Ranallo: And just last week Punk attacked Jericho inside the ring to end his match against the Champion.

Nigel McGuinness: Some might say he helped Jericho win that match.

The bell rang and the two wrestlers circled each other. They locked up in the center of the ring and Jericho took the upper hand with a side headlock. Punk battled Jericho back into the ropes and shoved him across the ring. Punk charged forward and found himself knocked down by a shoulder tackle from Jericho. The crowd cheered. Jericho went back to the ropes. Punk rolled under his feet, leap frogged over his head and hit a back elbow on the third exchange. He waited on Jericho to climb back to his feet just to drive him back to the mat with a diving clothesline. Both men got back to their feet and Punk hit a belly to back suplex. He hooked the leg. 1… Jericho kicked out.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s going to take more than that and Punk knows it.

Punk picked Jericho up and delivered rapid kicks. After a quick flurry he brought his leg over and clotheslined Jericho with it. Punk went for another quick pin. 1… Jericho kicked out.

Nigel McGuinness: Punk looking to end this match quickly.

CM Punk withdrew to his corner and tagged in Aiden English. English slowly crawled in between the ropes, his eyes laser focused on Jericho still laying in the center of the ring. Aiden’s methodical movements took time as he circled Jericho like a carrion bird. Finally he took hold of Jericho’s neck and pulled him up off the mat. He quickly pulled Jericho’s head under his arm and suplexed him. Aiden swung his legs around, hauled Jericho up and hit a second suplex.

Nigel McGuinness: The Champion is channeling his late father-in-law!

Aiden hit the third suplex on Jericho and quickly got to his feet. In the corner Miz was calling for the tag, slapping the corner and trying to fire Jericho up. English grabbed Jericho’s hands and drug him closer to Miz. He hauled Chris up and tossed him into the corner before turning his back and walking toward a confused CM Punk. Also confused, Miz tagged himself into the match. Neither man wasted any time as the two flew across the room and started to brawl with one another.

Mauro Ranallo: I’m not sure if there are two men in the EBWF who hate one another like the Miz and Aiden English!

The flurry of wild punches continued as the pushed one another back and forth across the ring. They brawled into one of the neutral corners and Miz whipped Aiden across the ring to the opposite corner. He followed closely and hit a drop kick that nearly sent Aiden over the top rope. Miz backed himself up across the ring got a running start and hit a corner clothesline.

Mauro Ranallo: Textbook moves from the Miz!

Miz pulled English out of the corner and covered. 1… 2… Aiden kicked out! Punk lunged under the bottom rope and the referee started pushing him back out. The Miz pulled Aiden up off the mat and threw a right but Aiden blocked it. He shrugged the blow off and threw a right of his own. The Miz blocked it. Miz tried the strike again and again Aiden blocked it. Miz put his hand up to block another strike from Aiden, but Aiden delivered a basement dropkick to Miz’s left leg. With Miz on one knee Aiden went to the corner and tagged in Punk. Punk streamed across the ring and hit a shining wizard on Miz. Punk went for the cover but before the referee could start counting Miz grabbed the bottom rope.

Mauro Ranallo: It seems like we’re being joined on commentary.

Aiden had made his way over to the commentary desk and was putting on a headset.

Mauro Ranallo: Champ, we’re happy to have you with us but don’t you think you should be up on the ring for your partner.

Aiden English: Nope, Punk can handle this. There are more important issues the King must attend!

Nigel McGuinness: We saw you toss that crown into the crowd earlier, are you still the King?

Aiden English: Observant! Who are you?

Mauro Ranallo: Aiden, this is Nigel McGuinness our new commentator.

Aiden English: Oh yeah that. Did you know Wes wouldn’t even let me audition? I would make a great commentator, but apparently my title reign takes precedence.

Nigel McGuinness: I for one am glad I didn’t have to compete with you for the job!

Back in the ring Punk had lost the advantage and Miz had him in the corner laying chops into his chest. He tagged Jericho in and whipped Punk across the ring. Jericho ran after him but Punk pulled himself up and let Jericho run under him. Jericho quickly went to the top rope and hit a springboard moonsault before Punk could react. He covered Punk. 1… 2… Punk kicked out.

Mauro Ranallo: Things aren’t looking good for your partner! He might need your help.

Aiden English: No way! You don’t think there’s too much Chicago talk going on do you?

Nigel McGuinness: We haven’t even mentioned Chicago since the start of the match!

Aiden English: Are you sure? I was thinking it was way way too much!

Mauro Ranallo: You’re really going to leave Punk out there to fend for himself?

Aiden English: I’ve read the company handbook. It states there has to be an asshole on commentary. I look over here and no asshole. I’m just making sure we’re at standard regulation.

Punk was still on the receiving end of things. He pulled himself up off the mat and stumbled around before getting hit with a Codebreaker from Jericho. Jericho stood up a bit too close to the corner and Miz tagged himself in. A stunned Jericho looked on as Miz picked Punk up off the matt and hit a Skull Crushing Finale. He laid back first over Punk for the pin. 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: I think you just lost a match champ.

Aiden English: Oh you’re right I better get back in there!

Jericho and Miz had their hands raised in the center of the ring. Aiden ran to the ring and slid under the bottom rope with the EBWF World Championship in his hands. He charged at Jericho and Miz who quickly cleared the ring. Aiden leaned over the top rope and smiled at them as they backed away up the ramp. Aiden called for a crew member to bring him a microphone.

Aiden English: Thanks!

Aiden backed away from the ropes and laid the title on the mat.

Aiden English: It’s been an interesting week. Some things have happened that I wish could have gone differently. My wife, former EBWF Women’s Champion Raquel Diaz, has a severe leg injury thanks to the actions of a certain someone. Someone who is going to have to answer for those actions.

The crowd booed at Aiden who was staring up the ramp. Suddenly he swung his attention to CM Punk who was still lying motionless on the mat.

Aiden English: What were you thinking? I didn’t need your help Punker! Raquel needed your help and you left her to the wolves! You came in and cost me the match instead of protecting the light of my life! You made a mistake and you know full well I don’t abide mistakes.

Aiden tossed the microphone to the ground and picked Punk up. He delivered a Director’s Cut to CM Punk onto the World Title. Punk clutched his back as he bounced off the canvas.

Mauro Ranallo: The Champion has lost his mind!

Aiden pulled Punk to the center of the ring and locked in a sharpshooter. Punk wailed in pain as the camera closed in on Aiden. Aiden was repeatedly shouting “WHY?” amidst laughing maniacally as the show logo came up and EBWF Warfare went off air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote