Warfare Results 01/13/2020

Ben M

Warfare Results 01/13/2020

Post by Ben M »

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo: Happy New Year, EBWF Universe! It’s the first Warfare of 2020 and tonight, we are live from Cleveland, Ohio!

Nigel McGuinness: And what a way to kick things off, Mauro! We’re starting the show with Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel, and his guest is a man who grew up right here in Cleveland… The Miz!

The camera cut to the ring, which was set up for the Highlight Reel. The ring was covered with a red carpet, there were two leather seats - one each for Jericho and The Miz - and of course, in the center of the ring was the JeriTron 5000. Chris Jericho was wearing a suit, and he had a Highlight Reel branded microphone in his hand. The camera zoomed in on Jericho as he began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Good evening Cleveland!

The crowd cheered, signalling their excitement.

Chris Jericho: Thank you, I know you’re all excited to see me. And why wouldn’t you be? I’m Chris Jericho, baybay! And as we begin a new decade, who better to start the first Warfare of the year than the guy who has been part of EBWF since day one?

Jericho grinned as a “Y2J” chant broke out. As the chant began to die down, he continued speaking.

Chris Jericho: You’re too kind. But I know as excited as you are to see Chris Jericho, you’re even more excited to see the man who will be my guest on the first Highlight Reel of 2020. Because my guest tonight was born just down the road from here… Ohio, he’s one of your own. Cleveland, give it up for The Miz!

“AWEEEESOMEEEEEE- I CAME TO PLAY”

“I Came to Play” By Downstait bellowed from the PA System as the crowd erupted in cheers. The Miz exploded out from behind the curtain. He wore a “Your Favorite Wrestlers’ Favorite Wrestler” Shirt and black slacks. He had a big smile on his face as he high fived some of his loyal Ohio fans. He climbed up onto the apron and Chris opened the ropes for him as Miz entered the ring. The two exchanged a fist bump. Chris had a big smile on his face, as did Miz.

Chris Jericho: Welcome! So Miz, you’ve been EBWF World Champion four times, you’re a three time Tag Team Champion, and you’ve been in more stables than I can count. But be honest… was teaming up with me at Christmas Eve of Destruction the highlight of your career?

The Miz smiled, and rubbed his chin as he thought before responding.

The Miz: Oh I don’t know about that Chris. I mean don’t get me wrong, it was a thrill of a lifetime. It was the two best guys in the game right now on the same team. Talk about an elite duo.. I mean starting with me as the brightest star of all time.. The true MVP of the team, and right over to you - the unsung hero - the highly capable sidekick. It was great!

Chris smiled at the not so genuine compliment.

Chris Jericho: I don’t know about you being the MVP of the team, Miz, but I agree with you on one point - we do make a pretty formidable tag team. And I think because we do make such a good team, we owe it to the EBWF universe to end the most boring Tag Title reign in history… it’s time we took the gold from Legion.

The Miz looked out into the crowd who erupted in cheers. Miz smiled and nodded.

The Miz: I mean I don’t know Chris - the Sumerian Death Squad - like how intimidating is that? They do cause DEATH... Death from boredom... I think the world wants... NAY the world needs a Chris Jericho and The Miz tag title reign... I don’t see how anyone could stop us.

Chris nodded.

Chris Jericho: You’re right. There’s just one thing to bear in mind though, Miz… the Royal Rumble is two weeks away. And we know at the Rumble, it’s every man for himself. So how about we challenge Tommy End and Michael Dante to put the titles on the line next week?

Chavo Guerrero’s music hit and he got a minor reaction as he stepped out onto the entrance ramp. He played to the fans, walking from side to side as he made his way toward the ring. Chavo slid under the bottom rope and popped up to his feet. He held his hands out toward Miz and Jericho mouthing that he came in peace. Chavo went to the corner where he was handed a microphone.

Chavo Guerrero: You don’t see how anyone could stop you? Are you sure? Because, I think I can see one really simple way someone could stop you. All you have to do is playback the events of Christmas Eve of Destruction to realize that I almost won that match with a partner who didn’t want to be there and refused to wrestle. Give me someone who wants to be there and a Miz / Jericho tag ticket doesn’t even exist.

Jericho and Miz looked at each other and smirked. They then looked back to Chavo, and said in unison…

Chris Jericho and The Miz: Really?

The crowd laughed at that, which seemed to annoy Chavo. Jericho looked at Miz as if to say, “I’ll handle this”, then stepped forwards towards Chavo.

Chris Jericho: Come on, Chavo, you know I respect you. I’ve not nothing but love for your family. But let’s be honest, hermano... you lost. And regardless of who you were teaming with, we would have beaten you. Because we’re Chris Jericho and The Miz…

Jericho looked at Miz, who took great pleasure in finishing his sentence.

The Miz: And we’re… AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEEESOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEE!

Jericho could be seen mouthing the word “nice” to Miz. Chavo pushed past Jericho, and got between the two of them.

Chavo Guerrero: Awesome? That’s great, really it is. It’s inspiring how both of you broke into wrestling and made a name for yourselves. You’ve accomplished so much and come so far. But, I’m part of a wrestling dynasty! I was born to do this, there’s no question. That’s why if you give me a partner of my choosing, we’d beat you!

The crowd popped slightly at Chavo’s boldness.

Chavo Guerrero: Obviously the fans want to see who I have in mind. Management is going to love how many butts it puts in seats. And, I want to regain a little face that Elias robbed me of. The only thing standing in the way of A TRULY AAAAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEE match is fear. Fear that I’m right.

Jericho looked at Miz, and shrugged.

Chris Jericho: What do you say, Miz? Do you want to prove once again that we are the most awesome tag team the EBWF has ever seen?

The Miz: Do woodchucks chuck wood?

Chris Jericho: What?

The Miz: I don’t know - sorry - too many Geico commercials… as far as the match goes... I’m in!

Chris Jericho: Well alright then! Chavo, we’ll see you next week. And mark my words, when we’re through with you, you will never…

The Miz (interrupting): Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeever, be the same, again!

Chris Jericho: Hey, that’s my line!

Miz shrugged, and Jericho laughed it off. Chavo nodded, seeming pleased that they had accepted his offer. Chavo rolled out of the ring and made his way back up the ramp. Jericho and Miz continued talking as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH ONE

When Warfare returned from a commercial break, Lio Rush was on his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we've got the Breakout Champion Lio Rush in action as he goes one on one with Elias Samson!

After Rush had entered the ring, "Today is the Day" hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Elias headed to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: After what happened at Christmas Eve of Destruction, Elias will want to get back to winning ways tonight!

When Elias was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and Elias charged towards Lio Rush, hitting him with a series of punches. Elias whipped Rush against the ropes, then went for a big boot. Rush ducked out of the way, then as Elias turned around, Rush hit an enzuigiri. Elias staggered backwards and Rush hit a dropkick, then as Elias got back to his feet, Rush hit a snap suplex. then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Elias kicked out! Rush pulled Elias to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then hit him with clothesline. Elias stumbled forwards, and Rush climbed to the top rope, then went for a diving crossbody... but Elias caught him and countered with a fallaway slam! Both men got to their feet, and Elias grabbed Rush, throwing him over the top rope!

Nigel McGuinness: Elias Samson is getting his practice in for the Royal Rumble, which is now just two weeks away!

Elias followed Rush to the outside and slammed his head against the ring post, then threw him into the ring steps. As Rush got to his feet, Elias lifted him up and dropped him onto the barriers at ringside, then rolled him back into the ring. Elias slid back into the ring and hit Rush with a knee drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Lio Rush kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Elias is in control here! You have to wonder if Lio Rush wishes he had Hardcore Holly and Bobby Lashley in his corner...

Elias got to his feet and stomped on Rush several times, then pulled him to his feet and lifted him up for a powerbomb... but Rush countered with a hurricanrana! Both men got to their feet and Rush hit a double underhook facebuster, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Elias kicked out! Rush pulled Elias to his feet and hit a neckbreaker, then climbed to the top rope. Rush went to hit The Final Hour... but Elias got his knees up and blocked it! Elias pulled Rush to his feet, and hit him with the Drift Away! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! Elias Samson gets the victory!

Elias celebrated, then made his way to the back.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we've got a special tag team match... it's the reunion of Beautiful Dangerous! Trish Stratus and Natalya, both former Women's Champions, team up to take on two members of the Riott Squad, Ruby Riott and the 2019 Queen of the Ring, Liv Morgan!

Nigel McGuinness: I can't wait for this one, Mauro!

"We Riot" by CFO$ hit and the crowd booed as Morgan and Riott made their way to the ring, accompanied by Sarah Logan. After the Riott Squad had entered the ring, "Bossy" by Kelis hit and the crowd cheered as Trish Stratus and Natalya stepped out onto the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: The crowd are excited to see Trish and Natalya in action tonight... this is the first time Natalya has wrestled on Warfare for over two years!

After Trish Stratus and Natalya had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell. Stratus and Morgan moved onto the ring apron, allowing Natalya and Riott to start the match. Natalya and Riott locked up, and Natalya applied a headlock. Riott broke free and whipped Natalya against the ropes, then took her down with a lariat. As Natalya got to her feet, Riott set her up for an STO, but Natalya blocked it and whipped her into the corner. As Trish held Riott in place, Natalya ran at her and hit a forearm smash, then she pulled Riott out of the corner and lifted her up, hitting a suplex. She hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Nigel McGuinness: Impressive teamwork there by Beautiful Dangerous!

Natalya pulled Riott to her feet and whipped her against the ropes, then went for an arm drag. Riott blocked it, countering with a Russian legsweep. Riott then tagged in Liv Morgan, who immediately climbed to the top rope, and hit Natalya with a diving crossbody! Morgan made the cover and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout! Morgan pulled Natalya to her feet and whipped her against the ropes, then hit a single leg dropkick. As Natalya got to her feet, Morgan hit another dropkick, then set Natalya up for the #201... but Natalya blocked it and lifted Morgan up, hitting a German suplex. Natalya then tagged in Trish Straus, and as Trish entered the ring she charged towards Liv Morgan, taking her down with a Thesz press, then hitting her with multiple punches. Trish pulled Morgan to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then ran at her, hitting the Stratus Splash. As Morgan staggered out of the corner, Trish took her down with a running bulldog, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1... 2... Morgan kicked out! Both women got to their feet and Trish whipped Morgan against the ropes, then went for a spinebuster... but Morgan countered with a DDT! Morgan crawled towards the corner and tagged in Ruby Riott. As Riott entered the ring, Trish ran towards her and went for a clothesline... but Riott ducked out of the way, then hit a superkick! Riott hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... kickout!

Nigel McGuinness: Oh my goodness, Mauro... that was so close to a three count!

Riott pulled Trish to her feet and set her up for a DDT, but Trish blocked it, countering with a northern lights suplex. Natalya called for the tag, and Trish crawled towards the corner... but just as she was about to make the tag, Sarah Logan pulled Natalya off the ring apron! The crowd booed, and as Trish got to her feet, Riott grabbed her from behind and threw her shoulder first into the ring post! Riott tagged in Liv Morgan, then rolled out of the ring and hit Natalya with the Riott Kick! Back in the ring, Morgan hit Trish Stratus with the #201, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! The Riott Squad get a big victory!

Nigel McGuinness: The other women of EBWF better take notice Mauro, because at the Royal Rumble this trio will be a force to be reckoned with!

Morgan, Logan and Riott celebrated as Warfare went to commercial.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, the camera focused in on Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness. The two men sat with their bodies towards one another. Mauro looked over at Nigel and he spoke out.

Mauro Ranallo: What a night it has been..

Nigel McGuinness: You’re telling me, but it’s nothing like Christmas Eve of Destruction. Where, in the last match of the decade, Aiden English and Tommy End gave it their all for the EBWF World Championship.

Mauro Ranallo: Two men, who left it all in the ring that night.

Nigel McGuinness: That they did Mauro, but only one of them walked away with the championship.

With the set up, the camera cut away from the commentators as a video package began to play of the main event of Christmas Eve of Destruction. The video began with both men making their way to the ring respectively. Eager for the match, you saw the fire in their eyes. The video continued as the match raged on. Played to the Christmas Eve of Destruction’s theme song, “Father Christmas”, the video highlighted all the key moments of the match. As the highlights neared the conclusion of the match, the video package sudden turned black and white began in slow motion. Aiden hits his final Director’s Cut and slowly crawled to the cover. Both men looked finished as the referee counted. At the last possible second, Tommy threw up his shoulder. The video flickered as Aiden freaked out as he pulled at his hair in frustration. Aiden descent into madness showed him ripping up ring mat, exposing the wooden beams. Aiden pulled Tommy over to the exposed wood and he stood there for a moment before he tucked Tommy’s head under his arm. Tommy began his comeback as he nailed Aiden in the midsection with a few strikes. He got himself free and shoved Aiden back into the cage. Sparks flew into the air as Aiden bounced off the electrified steel. As Aiden stumbled forward, Tommy kicked him in the gut and lifted him into the air. The video paused, but the audio continued as you heard the sound of Aiden’s head connecting with the wood in Tommy’s brainbuster. The gasps of the EBWF Universe in attendance were audible before video returned, but now showed Tommy with his foot under Aiden’s jaw. He lifted Aiden to his feet before hitting the final move of the night, Aiden crumbled after the Owari Death Kick connected squarely under the jaw. Tommy instantly went for the cover as the referee dropped. The EBWF counted along with the referee.

EBWF Universe: 1... 2... 3!!

Video flashed forward to the arena in darkness. The EBWF Universe booed as the final visuals of Christmas Eve of Destruction showed Tommy End with the EBWF World Championship held high in the air as he stood on the stage joined by Zahra Schreiber and Michael Dante. The three members of Legion then raised each of their championship belts into the air. The video package ended and the show returned to the live feed back inside the arena. Suddenly, the lights in the arena went out, leaving the EBWF Universe in complete darkness.

Mauro Ranallo: This can only be one thing..

Nigel McGuinness: The new EBWF World Champion is here.

Static took over the titan tron as the white noise took over the sound system. The EBWF Universe in unison erupted in a chorus of boos as they knew what was happening. Just then, “Lost in the Static” by After the Burial blasted onto the sound system. Smoke filtered up through the cracks of the staging and filled the entrance way. A golden spotlight shone down on the stage as two figures emerged from the smoke. Zahra Schreiber, with her jet black hair stood there. Her skin tight jeans hugged her assets snuggly. Showing off her figure even more, she dorn a tight shirt with a golden leviathan cross, the symbol of Legion, stretched over her chest. Around her waist, the EBWF Women’s Championship clung to her tightly. Zahra had her hand wrapped around a black velvet bag, which hung at her side. She stood there and smirked as she looked over at Michael Dante.

Nigel McGuinness: There’s the Queen of Darkness herself.

Mauro Ranallo: After a savage ladder match at Christmas Eve of Destruction, Zahra Schreiber remains atop the EBWF Women’s Division. Is there any one who can dethrone the champion.

Nigel McGuinness: It won’t be easy, Mauro.. Zahra proves in even title defense.. She will stop at nothing to come out on top.

Dante, unlike Zahra, dressed with sophistication as he worn a black suit and tie with a white undershirt. His undershirt glowed yellow in the hue of the golden spotlight as he looked over at Zahra. Both of the EBWF Tag-Team Championship belts tucked against either side of his body. A smile of content boasted in on his face.

Mauro Ranallo: There are two members of Legion.. Where is the man of the hour?

Zahra and Dante stared at one another for a few seconds longer. Slowly they turned their attention behind them. Then, to an even louder chorus of boos, the newly crowned EBWF World Champion, Tommy End, walked out on to the stage. He stood there between Zahra and Dante. Dressed even more impressive than his brother, Tommy was dressed completely in black. His tailored suit fit his body perfectly. The silk black undershirt fit his body snug. He looked to the left at Dante, then slowly moved his gaze to the right and looked at Zahra. Tommy lifted Aiden’s costume silver EBWF World Championship off of his shoulder and lifted it into the. The boos in the arena deepened as the EBWF Universe showed their displeasure of Tommy being the champion.

Mauro Ranallo: The EBWF Universe may not have liked Aiden English, but they hate Legion even more.

Christy Hemme: On their way to the ring.. One half of the EBWF Tag-Team Champions, Michael Dante. The EBWF Women’s Champion, Zahra Schreiber. And.. One half of the EBWF Tag-Team Champions and NEW!!! EBWF World Champion, Tommy End... They are.. Legion!!

Tommy lowered the championship back to his shoulder and held it in place. He started the walk down the ramp and Zahra and Dante fell in line. The three walked down the ramp, completely ignoring the EBWF Universe. Tommy stopped at the side of the ring. Dante walked around the ring and he laid the EBWF Tag-Team Championship belts on the apron. He climbed onto the apron and quickly entered the ring. He walked up to Christy which scared her to the corner. He smirked and walked back over to the title belts and picked them up. He held onto the two belts and tucked them back under his arm.

Nigel McGuinness: Christy may want to get out of there.. You don’t know what they three will do.

Mauro Ranallo: I’m sure you don’t have to tell her twice..

Christy exited the ring before Tommy and Zahra walked up to the stairs. Tommy held onto Zahra’s hand as she climbed the steps onto the apron. She walked the apron and gave him room to ascent the steel steps himself. He walked up next to her. He sat down on the middle rope and allowed Zahra to enter the ring. She pulled the velvet back closer to her as she bent down and entered the ring. Tommy quickly followed. The trio centered themselves in the middle of the ring and stood next to each other just as they were on the stage. Tommy slowly lifted his arm and raised the EBWF World Championship above his head. The EBWF booed out even louder now that Legion was before them in the ring. The golden spotlight remained and illuminated the trio for a few more seconds before the spotlight went off. The arena was cloaked in darkness once more, but only for a few moments before the entire arena lit up fully. Dante, who had walked away from the group in the darkness, returned with a microphone in hand. He looked at Tommy and handed the microphone over. With his free hand, Tommy took the microphone and he raised it to his lips. Before he spoke, he took a moment and he looked down at the silver EBWF World Championship.

Tommy End: The Era of English came to its dramatic end.

He took a deep breath. The EBWF Universe didn’t know if they wanted to cheer for the end of English’s reign, or boo for the beginning of Legion’s reign. Tommy waited as the mixture of reactions filled the air. Seconds passed before Tommy spoke up again.

Tommy End: Aiden believed the future would be written with this championship. He thought that it was the beacon that would lead him, and the entire EBWF, into the next decade and beyond. To his utopia.. But this title.

Tommy lifted the silver championship off his shoulder and he held it out in front of him. He looked at it as he spoke into the microphone.

Tommy End: Instead, they championship only showed Aiden that the real path to the future. It’s not paved in silver.. No.

He dropped the silver championship onto the mat in front of him. He watched as it landed onto the canvas and he shook his head. Just then, Zahra opened up the black velvet bag and she reached inside. Slowly, she pulled out the original, gold and black EBWF World Championship belt. The EBWF Universe cheered as the saw the old championship, which shone and glimmered in lights. Tommy looked over at her as she dropped the bag to the ground and handed the gold championship off to Tommy. He took it and he held it in front of him.

Tommy End: The real path into the future.. The real path is paved in gold.

He held up the black and gold EBWF World Championship over his head. He held it up for a while before he brought it back down and rested it on his shoulder proudly. The camera panned down at the silver and black championship that just laid on the mat. Tommy stood over the fallen championship as he spoke out.

Tommy End: Now I’m not one for sympathy, so I didn’t break this championship for all of you. I didn’t bring this championship back to score some points.. No.. I brought this championship back because Aiden’s belt is just a reminder of failure. It’s a reminder of an era of wrestling that no one wants to remember. That is why I will never touch that championship again. But enough about the past.. Enough about Aiden English. The “Drama King” has fallen. His kingdom, burned to rubble. And from the ashes, we have risen to our rightful place.

He paused as the EBWF Universe cut him off with another series of boos. He stood there in silence as he waited for the Universe to show their feelings. As they quieted, Tommy continued.

Tommy End: Two years ago, we arrived. We revealed ourselves, and our true purpose. Two years ago, we put this company on notice. And since we revealed ourselves, we’ve done everything that we’ve said we would do. Royal Rumble 2018, I came and I opened your eyes to what was in store for you all. A few weeks later, Zahra returned with a new vision, a new sense of self worth. She made a statement when she walked into the contract signing between Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan, and she sealed their fates in her own blood. WrestleMania XVII, Legion cleaned house as all of us walked out draped in gold. Zahra claiming her stop at the top of her division by becoming EBWF Women’s Champion. Dante and myself, we proved our dominance in the world of tag-team wrestling, when we became EBWF Tag-Team Champions. Since that night.. Zahra, Dante, and I.. We have remained at the top.

He shrugged his shoulders as there was no disputing that fact.

Tommy End: Aside from small blemish.. We have been unstoppable. Dante and I have held the EBWF Tag-Team Championships for nearly two years now. We have defended them against countless teams, and we have demolished each and every one of them. Zahra.. She lost her championship in a minor accident, but she righted her wrong. She regained her championship at the next opportunity to where, it honestly feels like she never had that blemish on her record.

He paused for a moment, and the smile on his face slowly turned a bit more serious.

Tommy End: Two years of pure dominance, and yet, no one gave us the credit we deserve. Instead.. Everyone wanted to believe that Legion was nothing without one person. Everyone wanted to believe that we were nothing without Jimmy Havoc.

Tommy shook his head. Zahra’s face instantly turned to disgust at the mention of Jimmy Havoc’s name. The EBWF Universe booed at the mention of Havoc, as they remembered his betrayal against EBWF. Tommy quickly spoke up.

Tommy End: We welcomed Jimmy Havoc into Legion.. He was Legion, but Legion was never Jimmy Havoc. Legion has never been one person. That is why, each and every one of you that thought Legion wasn’t anything to fear since Jimmy Havoc tucked his tail between his legs and went back across the pond. Well at Christmas Eve of Destruction, we proved each and every one of you wrong.

The smirk returned to Tommy’s face as he rose the EBWF World Championship back into the air. He soaked in the boos with the title above his head for a few seconds before he brought the title back down to his shoulder.

Tommy End: The EBWF World Championship is back in the hands of Legion. So now, before you stands the leaders of this company. Before you stands the very best in not only the EBWF Women’s Division.. Not only the EBWF Tag-Team Division.. Now.. Before you stands the very best in the EBWF Men’s Division. Those are just claims from a mad man. No.. Here and now, Legion stands before you at the top of every part of EBWF, and there is no one that is standing in our way. This is no one who can stand in our way. At Christmas Eve of Destruction, I put the final puzzle piece into the bigger picture.. With capturing the EBWF World Champion, I have proven that Jimmy Havoc meant nothing to the bigger picture. Jimmy Havoc was never meant to be a prophet that would lead Legion through the war with EBWF. Legion was meant to lead EBWF all along. The future was always written.. Tonight, the future stands at your doorstep. Tonight, Legion embarks on its greatest testament.. We lead EBWF into the new decade. We lead EBWF into the next generation of wrestling. Tonight.. Legion reigns supreme. Our reign over EBWF begins.. Our..

He paused and tilted his head slightly. Just then, the entire arena returns to darkness as all the lights in the arena shut off in complete sequence. Tommy’s last words could be heard through the darkness.

Tommy End: Reign of Darkness!

With those last words, a new song came onto the sound system. Unknown by many, the brand new theme song for Legion, “Reign of Darkness” by Thy Art is Murder, blasted throughout the arena. The lights in the arena never returned as the EBWF logo flashed across the screen as Warfare went off.