Warfare Results 01/20/2020

Ben M

Warfare Results 01/20/2020

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Warfare! We are on the last stop before the Road to Wrestlemania begins, and tonight, we kick off Warfare here in Detroit with women's wrestling action!

Celtic Invasion hit and the crowd cheered the familiar music.

Nigel McGuinness: She's back!

Indeed, Becky Lynch came from behind the curtain and the crowd cheered as she stepped out onto the stage and then proceeded down to the ring.

"Loyalty is Everything" hit next and the crowd was awed as Shayne Baszler came down the ramp and stood ringside for a moment to size up Becky Lynch. Christy Hemme did the formal introductions, and the bell rang. The women went back and forth to start the match and they got a feel for each other. They broke and locked up again.

Nigel McGuinness: These two ladies are set for a collision course here.

Baszler landed a shot but Lynch responded with a big kick out of nowhere, sending Baszler to the mat. Lynch stayed on her, and whipped Baszler into the opposite corner and she went down hard. Shayna got to her feet, and the two began trading hits again. Baszler got the upperhand but the strikes kept coming. Lynch hit a big dropkick, and the fans broke out in a "Mama Mia! chant as the action moved into the corner.

Nigel McGuinness: The fans showing appreciation for my broadcast colleague here tonight!

Mauro Ranallo: I am flattered, and Becky is looking to flatten Shayna!

Lynch took Baszler to the top and set up for a superplex. Baszler resisted but to no avail, and Becky was able to pin her for a close 2 count. They moved to their feet and traded more strikes. Lynch ducked a kick and nailed a German suplex. She tried to hold on for another, but Baszler evaded her, and turned to follow up with a knee to Lynch’s jaw. Baszler stomped Becky's arm, and kept at her, keeping her down.

Mauro Ranallo: That could be the best strategy for beating Becky Lynch here tonight.

Baszler focused on Becky's limbs and kept control. Baszler laid on some big kicks, and continued them as Becky moved to her knees. Lynch mounted some offense. Baszler blocked Becky as she tried to bring her down for the dis-arm-her, but Lynch recovered and dropkicked her. Lynch went for a cannonball, but Baszler moved and she landed hard. Shayna took the opportunity to lock on the Kirifuda Clutch, and Becky was able to fight out. Shayna pressed on, hitting a belly to back suplex, and pinning Becky, who kicked out at two.

Mauro Ranallo: I thought she had it there, Nigel!

Baszler went back to the Kirifuda Clutch but Lynch fought her, trying to make her way to the bottom rope... Baszler cinched it and locked it in on the mat. They rolled around on the mat but Baszler kept the hold applied. Becky had no choice but to tap out!

Nigel McGuinness: Are you kidding me!

The bell rang, and the referee raised Shayna Baszler's hand in victory.

Mauro Ranallo: What a debut from Shayna Baszler!

SEGMENT

Aiden English was sitting on a chair alone in a dark space. Only a single incandescent light bulb illuminated him from above, swaying slightly. Aiden had his head hung, looking at the ground. He wrung his hands together.

Aiden English: Where’s your crown? Where’s your title? What happened? Everyone wants to know what went wrong, including me. I guess the irony is eye opening that the first man to hand me a loss in EBWF would be the one to take the title off my waist. Sadly it’s a waste. All of my efforts. Everything I did to prove myself last year. All a waste.

Aiden rolled his head back to face the camera. He extended his hands up and shrugged his shoulders.

Aiden English: History is written in the rise and fall of powers. With each passing of the guard we enter a new era. Those who ignore their history are doomed to watch it repeat and I lost sight. I was so obsessed with consuming my past that I failed to learn from it. You all saw it. I overlooked Tommy End. I ignored the threat of Legion. Here I sit, for the first time in a year Aiden English isn’t a champion. Not the Breakout Champion. Not the Gateway Champion. And, not the Heavyweight Champion. I lost everything and now I am suffering the consequences of my sins but so are all of you!

Aiden flashed a smile.

Aiden English: Last year I spent every waking minute making sure that I proved that I was worthy of my shots. I was tireless in my dedication. I was consumed by the chase. Then, I had my prize and I let myself rest. I grew complacent in what I had done and wasn’t looking forward to what I could do next. I told you all I was the harbinger of darkness. I told you that my reign would usher in the era of evil. Look at what I brought you. Legion is the top of every division. Legion rules the locker room. Legion dominates the company!

Aiden tilted his head back and cackled with laughter.

Aiden English: My reign died to bring EBWF to the brink of destruction. Tommy End sits on the throne. Michael Dante at his right. Zahra on his left. LEGION IS IN CONTROL. But, the chase returns! Now I have a chance to prove myself once again. Now I have a chance to climb the ranks and prove how worthy I am. I will return. And, with Legion in power you will learn to love me!

Aiden’s laughter grew louder and louder as the shot faded to black.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it's time for our main event... Chris Jericho and The Miz team up once again to take on Chavo Guerrero and a mystery partner. If Chavo and his partner win, they will earn a shot at the EBWF Tag Team Championships!

"I Came To Play" by Downstait hit and the crowd cheered as The Miz walked out onto the stage. Miz stood at the top of the ramp, waiting for his tag team partner. "Break the Walls Down" hit and after Chris Jericho joined The Miz on the stage, the two men made their way to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: You know Mauro, despite only teaming together a handful of times, Jericho and The Miz are proving to be quite an effective tag team...

Mauro Ranallo: Jericho and The Miz have been rivals in the past, Nigel, but it's clear that these two men are good friends and respect one another. They could go on to become a real force if they continue their alliance!

When Jericho and Miz were in the ring, Chavo Guerrero came out to a mixed reaction from the crowd.

Mauro Ranallo: Here's Chavo, but where is his partner?

Chavo walked towards the ring, then stopped at the bottom of the ramp and looked back towards the stage. "Booyaka" hit and the crowd cheered as Rey Mysterio came up from underneath the stage!

Nigel McGuinness: What a choice of partner! Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio is certainly a team with potential, Mauro!

Chavo and Mysterio entered the ring and stared down their opponents. Chavo then turned to Mysterio and pointed at himself, signalling that he wanted to start the match. Mysterio nodded, and moved onto the ring apron. Across the ring, Jericho and Miz used rock/paper/scissors to decide who would start for their team. Miz's rock beat Jericho's scissors, and Jericho shrugged, then moved onto the apron. The referee called for the bell and Miz ran at Chavo, going for a clothesline. Chavo ducked out of the way and hit Miz with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Miz ran back towards him, Chavo hit a dropkick, then as both men got to their feet, Chavo hit a bridging northern lights suplex. Miz's shoulders were down, and the referee counted – 1... 2... kickout!

Mauro Ranallo: An impressive start by Chavo Guerrero!

Chavo got to his feet and stomped on Miz several times, then hit a leg drop. Chavo tagged in Rey Mysterio, who climbed to the top rope and hit Miz with a diving splash! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Jericho ran into the ring and interrupted the count! The referee ordered Jericho to exit the ring and Jericho did so, holding up his hands apologetically. Meanwhile in the ring, Mysterio pulled The Miz to his feet and whipped him into the corner. As Chavo held Miz in place, Mysterio hit him with a series of punches. Mysterio then pulled Miz out of the corner and went to whip him against the ropes... but Miz blocked it and pulled Mysterio towards him, hitting a snap DDT! Miz hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Mysterio kicked out! Miz got to his feet and tagged in Jericho. As Jericho entered the ring, he told Miz "let me show you how it's done". Miz laughed, which made Jericho smirk. Jericho then pulled Mysterio to his feet and hit him with a series of backhand chops, before whipped him against the ropes. As Mysterio ran back towards him, Jericho hit an arm drag, then as Mysterio got to his feet, Jericho took him down with a bulldog. The crowd cheered in anticipation, and Jericho signalled for the Lionsault... but instead of running towards the ropes, he ran towards the corner and hit The Miz with a spinning elbow strike, knocking him off the ring apron!

Nigel McGuinness: What was that about?!

There was a stunned silence from the crowd, and the camera zoomed in on Jericho, who grinned as he followed Miz to the outside. Jericho grabbed a chair from ringside, and as The Miz tried to get to his feet, Jericho hit him with the chair! Jericho hit Miz with the chair several more times, and Chavo Guerrero ran around the ring to try and stop him. Chavo went to grab the chair off Jericho, but Jericho drilled the chair into Chavo's ribs! The referee called for the bell, but Jericho didn't seem to care.

Mauro Ranallo: Jericho has snapped... I don't understand... why Chris why?

Jericho dropped the chair and grabbed Chavo, throwing him into the ringside barrier. Jericho then pulled Miz to his feet and slammed his head off the ring post, before throwing him back into the ring. As Jericho re-entered the ring, Rey Mysterio ran at him and hit him with a series of punches, but Jericho fought back with some right hands of his own, then hit Mysterio with the Codebreaker! With both Mysterio and Chavo down, Jericho turned his attention back to The Miz. Miz was back on his feet, and Jericho charged towards him, going for another spinning elbow strike... but this time Miz was able to move out of the way! The crowd cheered as Miz fought back, hitting Jericho with a series of punches. Miz then set Jericho up for the Skull Crushing Finale, but Jericho blocked it, then kicked Miz between the legs! Miz fell to the mat, and Jericho stomped on him several times, then pulled him to his feet and threw him shoulder first into the ring post! Miz cried out in pain, clutching his shoulder. As Jericho went to continue the assault, the referee tried to stop up, but Jericho shoved the referee away then punched Miz on the ring mat several times. Jericho got to his feet and grabbed Miz by the legs, locking in the Walls of Jericho! As Miz tried to escape, Jericho pressed his knee into Miz's back, transitioning into the Lion Tamer!

Nigel McGuinness: I thought Jericho and Miz were friends, I thought they respected each other Mauro... right now it seems like Jericho is trying to put Miz on the shelf!

Referees and road agents rushed to the ring, forcing Jericho to break the hold and dragging him away from The Miz. Jericho laughed, and yelled "I'll see you Sunday Miz... if you make it!" He then rolled out of the ring and made his way up the ramp as the referees and road agents checked on The Miz.

Mauro Ranallo: Did you hear what Jericho said there, Nigel? "See you Sunday, if you make it". Has he just betrayed his tag team partner to try and take him out of the equation for the Royal Rumble?

Nigel McGuinness: I don't know. It doesn't make any sense... I know we always say that it’s every man for himself in the Rumble, but that doesn't explain Jericho's actions here tonight. That attack seemed personal... Jericho looked like he enjoyed it!

Mauro Ranallo: Well we don't know why Jericho has turned his back on The Miz, but we do know both superstars are scheduled to compete in the men's Royal Rumble match this Sunday along with 28 other superstars. Be sure to tune in for that... until then, thank you for watching, good night!