Warfare Results 02/17/2020

Ben M

Warfare Results 02/17/2020

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Pyro shot off all over the stage area as EBWF Warfare went live, and the Louisiana crowd cheered wildly.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to EBWF Warfare! I'm Mauro Ranallo, along with Nigel McGuinness.

Nigel McGuinness: Good evening! We are on the road to Wrestlemania, and tonight we see a clash of the immortals as The Rock will be in the EBWF Main Event to take on Jimmy Havoc!

"Making a Difference" hit the PA and the crowd booed the arrival of Andrade. He stepped onto the stage, accompanied by Zelina Vega, who was mouthing off to the unhappy crowd. Before they got into the ring, "Psycho Killer" filled the arena, and the crowd gave a mixed reaction to Tommaso Ciampa.

Nigel McGuinness: The Psycho Killer of EBWF has returned, and he takes on a member of Royalty here tonight!

The bell rang and Ciampa dropped Almas with a shoulder tackle. Andrade avoided Ciampa and reversed a hold before dropping Ciampa with an enzuigiri.

Mauro Ranallo: Look at the athleticism of Andrade!

Ciampa rolled out of the ring, and Andrade tried to follow up with a suicide dive, but Ciampa caught him with a kick and sent him into the barricade. They traded punches back in the ring. Almas countered the hammerlock DDT and backed him into the corner before sending him out of the ring and hitting a suicide dive.

Nigel McGuinness: Andrade wouldn't be denied that time.

Mauro Ranallo: But Ciampa is tough. He's already getting up.

They traded barbs on their way back into the ring, and Ciampa managed to stomp Andrade down into the corner. Ciampa hit Andrade with the draping DDT, and pilled him into the center of the ring.

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Ciampa surprises Andrade and gets the win! It's over just like that!

Nigel McGuinness: What a win for Ciampa.

SEGMENT

Renee Young appeared on the iron wearing a red dress, standing in front of a Warfare backdrop. She had a microphone in hand. She saw that the camera was on her and smiled. She then began to speak.

Renee Young: My guest at this time, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin!

The crowd cheered loudly as Steve Austin was seen walking on camera and stood next to Renee Young.

Renee Young: Steve Austin, in just a few moments you step into the ring with Matt Hardy. What are your thoughts going into this huge match up?

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Well Renee Young it’s like this. I am going to walk in there, grab Matt Hardy and stomp a mudhole in him. I am going to drop him on that stack of dimes he calls a neck. I am going to whip him from pillar to post, all over the Cajundome!

The fans cheered loudly again.

Renee Young: What are your thoughts on Matt Hardy?

Stone Cold Steve Austin; Let me tell that little bastard Matt Hardy something. I know he’s listening. When that bell sounds it’s going to be me beating the holy hell out of you. You’re not going to want to show your face around here anymore and that’s all I have to say about that!

Renee Young: Aren’t you underestimating him?

Stone Cold Steve Austin; You know what Renee? Shut your mouth while I speak. Stone Cold Steve Austin doesn’t care how good Matt Hardy is. He’s a silly bastard for signing the damn contract to our match. If he thinks I am going to be easy on him, well, he’s got something coming to him and that’s a Stone Cold Stunner!

The fans cheered like crazy.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: I am going to go in there. Hit him with the Stone Cold Stunner then pop open a few Steveweisers and party until the sun comes up! That silly bastard Matt Hardy better be ready for an ass whooping because it’s coming to him courtesy of Stone Cold!

He paused for a moment and then continued.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: He can belly ache all he wants but when the smoke clears and the dust settles it’s just going to be me standing over him with my hand raised and that’s all I have to say about that!

He took a moment to think and then continued on with his promo.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Matt Hardy, great competitor, I’ll give him that, but he ain’t Stone Cold Steve Austin. I am the toughest son of a bitches in this promotion and I will beat Matt Hardy and that’s the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so!

We then see Steve Austin flip the bird to Renee Young. Renee looked shocked. She then began to speak.

Renee Young: Stone Cold Steve Austin is ready for his match against Matt Hardy.

The scene faded as the camera returned to ringside.

MATCH TWO

On cue, Matt Hardy's music hit, and the fans cheered as he came down the ramp, playing to them. He moved into the ring under the bottom rope. The fans roared to their feet when the glass shattered and Stone Cold Steve Austin started down to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: The living legend! The man who put modern wrestling on the map! It's Stone Cold! Stone Cold!

Nigel McGuinness: Let's see how he fairs against Matt Hardy here tonight!

The match started with Hardy attacking Austin and throwing him to the outside. Austin looked surprised, but then charged back into the ring. The two men locked up. Austin wrenched Hardy to the side, and put him in a headlock. Austin took down Hardy, but Hardy powered back to his feet. They locked up again and Hardy took Austin down.

Mauro Ranallo: This is a battle of strength!

Right hand by Hardy and Austin went down. Stone Cold tripped Hardy and kept hitting Hardy’s head on the turnbuckle, before beating him down in the corner. Hardy tried to fight back but Austin delivered a clothesline. Austin stomped on Hardy in the corner. Austin was choking Hardy in the corner and the referee tried to stop him. Austin finally laid off after the referee started the count.

Nigel McGuinness: The referee trying to instil some decorum here.

Hardy stumbled out of the corner but Austin shoved him back into it. Hardy charged and took him into the opposite corner, but got flipped off for his efforts. A shoulder block put Austin down and a headlock sent them back to a stalemate. They chopped it out in the corner and Austin whipped him around the ring a few times. An elbow to the jaw puts Steve down. As he tried to get to his feet, Hardy tried to go for the Twist of Fate, but Austin pushed him and delivered the Stunner! Austin hooked the leg.

3!

Nigel McGuinness: And he hasn't missed a step!

Mauro Ranallo: What a win for Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Austin opened a few beers on the top turnbuckle as Warfare went to the commercial.

MATCH THREE

As Warfare returned from commercial, "Celtic Invasion" by CFO$ hit and the crowd cheered as Becky Lynch made her way to the ring, accompanied by Winter.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, Becky Lynch is in action as she goes one on one with the new Women's Champion, Shayna Baszler!

As Lynch entered the ring, "Loyalty is Everything" began to play and the cheers from the crowd quickly turned to boos as Shayna Baszler stepped out onto the stage, the Women's Championship over her shoulder. Baszler looked at Lynch and smirked, then began walking down the ramp.

Nigel McGuinness: You have to say it's been quite a contrasting few weeks for Becky and Shayna. Becky Lynch lost to Shayna Baszler in her return match, then she was the runner up in the Women's Royal Rumble... meanwhile, Shayna went on to win the Women's Title in only her second match as an EBWF superstar!

Mauro Ranallo: That's true, Nigel... Becky will be hoping to switch the momentum in her favour here tonight!

As Baszler ended the ring, she handed her title to the referee and immediately hit Lynch with a series of punches! Lynch fought back with some right hands of her own, then whipped Baszler against the ropes. As Baszler ran back towards her, Lynch hit a clothesline, then stomped on Baszler several times. Lynch pulled Baszler to her feet and hit her with an exploder suplex, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Lynch pulled Baszler to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then ran at her, going for a forearm smash. Baszler moved out of the way, causing Lynch to collide with the turnbuckle! As Lynch staggered backwards, Baszler grabbed her, hitting a release German suplex.

Mauro Ranallo: A vicious suplex by Baszler! She drilled Lynch's head into the mat!

Lynch looked dazed as she got to her feet, and Baszler hit a DDT, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Baszler pulled Lynch to her feet and dragged her towards the corner, slamming her head off the turnbuckle. Baszler kicked Lynch in the corner several times, then dragged her out of the corner and set her up for a gut wrench suplex. Lynch blocked it, and hit Baszler with a fisherman's neckbreaker! Winter shouted words of encouragement to Becky as she got to her feet.

Nigel McGuinness: Could having Winter in her corner be the difference maker for Becky Lynch tonight?

As Baszler got to her feet, Lynch grabbed her and dragged her back down to the mat, locking in the Dis-arm-her! Baszler cried out in pain, but she was able to get to the ropes, and the referee ordered Lynch to break the hold. As Lynch got to her feet, Baszler rolled out of the ring, giving herself a breather. As the referee began counting Baszler out, Winter confronted Baszler, yelling at her to get back in the ring. Baszler glared at Winter, and was about to attack her when Lynch hit Baszler with a baseball slide!

Mauro Ranallo: Winter distracted Shayna Baszler, and Becky Lynch took full advantage!

Lynch threw Baszler back into the ring, then re-entered the ring herself and hit the Manhandle Slam! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: Lynch gets the victory! She just pinned the Women's Champion!

SEGMENT

The show cut away to a hooded figure walking slowly down a dimly lit hallway. The figure shuffled leaning slightly to the right. Each step called forth a thick crunching sound as if the floor were lined in twigs and dried leafs. A flash of light illuminated the walls revealing gold plaques affixed to stone outcroppings. The sound of thunder followed after. The figure ran its hand, drenched in loose cloth across one of the plaques. Every few seconds there after the darkness was shattered by continued lightning strikes and loud cracks of thunder. A well-lit room in the distance came closer and closer as the figure continued to shuffle forward. Upon entering the lighted room, the figure reached up with its left hand and brushed back the hood revealing Aiden English’s bald head with a single black line running across it. He walked to the far wall and placed his hands on one of the golden plaques. “Seth Rollins – August 30th, 2018” was etched into it. Aiden continued. The next plaque he ran his hand across read “Andrade Cien Almas – November 12th, 2018”. He leaned his head toward the plaque for a moment before continuing onward. The pause at the third plaque was even longer as he traced the name. “The Miz – August 25th, 2019”. Aiden continued forward until he reached a large opening in the wall with a shelf extending out of it. Aiden’s right hand came up, the World Championship clutched in it. He pulled it up into his eye line and took a deep breath before laying it into the opening. He moved quickly to slam shut the front of the drawer. He ran his hand across the plaque affixed to the front as the camera moved to get a closer shot. “Tommy End – January 26th, 2020”. He turned a key at the top right, locking the drawer closed and pulled the key out in one fluid motion. For the first time he turned to face the camera wearing a silver phantom of the opera style mask. His smile was so wide the edges almost escaped under the mask.

Aiden English: For a time, I thought I was responsible for plunging the EBWF into an era of darkness. I felt like I was the bearer of darkness. That all Ended…

Aiden chuckled.

Aiden English: That all ended when someone showed me the light. Irony. Someone proved that they were the creeping darkness the entire time. Hiding in the shadows, biding his time to make it known. Then, LEGION used Christmas Eve of Destruction to propel themselves to new heights. Tommy Ended my delusions and cleared my head, so to speak, with all those stiff kicks. He drug me into the spotlight and exposed my folly to the entire EBWF Universe. It was made clear where I had fallen off the path. Then I sat by and watched him on Warfare. I listened to all the things he had to say. My empire, fallen. My kingdom, in flames. My life, shattered and broken. Tommy even claimed his group sprung to power from my ashes. Funny, my ashes! But oh, how the mighty have fallen. The tides have changed. The wheel of fate keeps on turning, as it were. My ashes! No, what rose from those flames, from the ashes of everything I worked so hard to build was something stronger. Something faster. Something with nothing left to lose. Something not even Tommy End was prepared to deal with! While many might be burnt to the ground by such a sudden fall from grace, I was tempered by it. My eyes were pulled open and I was forced to look upon the monster I had become. I had to examine what made me tick, break it apart and put the pieces back together. But now, it’s time to move on. Refocus.

Aiden reached up and slowly removed the mask from his face. He turned it over and stared at it before casting it aside. His gaze turned back toward the camera.

Aiden English: We all know that Royal Rumble isn’t about who defends their title and who doesn’t. It’s not about singles competition! It’s the first stop on our ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA. And, because of that there are a couple of people I need to congratulate. A couple people who punched their ticket to the greatest show on Earth. First on behalf of former EBWF Women’s Champion and the love of my life, I’d like to congratulate Trish Stratus. Who would have thought? A fifteen year gap between wins at the Rumble. That has to be some kind of record! Wow, we were both awe struck by your performance! You’re going to have a great time at Wrestlemania when you take on the current champion, Shayna Baszler! And, you can bet that Raquel Diaz is going to be sitting at home cheering for you at the top of her lungs!

Aiden coughed to clear his throat.

Aiden English: Then for myself. I came out at the end of the Rumble to congratulate this man but it would appear that got lost in translation. Chris Jericho! Congratulations on being the 2020 Men’s Royal Rumble winner. It’s not the fifteen year gap of Trish Stratus, but it is truly historic for you to win at this stage of your career! And, while many are going to take issue with your actions toward the Miz, I understand. I’ve been there! Literally just a year ago, I was in your boots! I mean, I didn’t have nearly the same honors you’ve accumulated over such a long and illustrious career! A win at Wrestlemania would make you an eleven time World Champion! Eleven times! It’s got to be clear to everyone that you are truly one of the greatest wrestlers of your generation and I for one applaud your return to form! The EBWF Universe is in for a wild ride when Chris Jericho goes one on one with Aiden English at Wrestlemania Nineteen!

Aiden smiled.

Aiden English: I guess this means you and I are going to be seeing a lot of each other. Press events, contract signings and a plethora of other events. You and I are going to have to look at each other day in and day out from here until then. Who knows, you may be seeing me sooner than you expect. I know the EBWF Universe is just as excited to see us tear each other apart, and who am I to deny the fans?

Aiden reached back and pulled his hood back up over his head. A burst of static filled the screen before the show returned to Nigel and Mauro sitting at the announcer’s desk. Nigel shook his head in confusion.

Nigel McGuiness: I’m not sure I understand what we just witnessed. Was that a mausoleum?

Mauro Ranallo: I feel like confusion is a running theme for Aiden’s recent appearances!

Nigel McGuiness: Hopefully we can wrap our heads around whatever is going on in his before Wrestlemania!

Mauro Ranallo: No doubt Nigel. I have a feeling we’re going to be seeing a lot of the EBWF World Champion.

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, it's time for our main event... Jimmy Havoc takes on The Rock!

"I Hope You Suffer" by AFI hit and the crowd cheered as Jimmy Havoc made his way to the ring. When Havoc was in the ring, "Electrifying" hit and the crowd continued to cheer as The Rock headed down to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Both these superstars had an impressive showing at the Royal Rumble, making it to the final three, but they were eliminated by the eventual winner, Chris Jericho. They'll both be looking to bounce back to winning ways tonight... but only one of them can walk out of the Cajundome victorious!

As The Rock entered the ring, he locked eyes with Jimmy Havoc, who looked across at him and nodded. The referee called for the bell and Havoc charged towards The Rock, hitting him with a series of punches. The Rock fought back with some right hands of his own, then whipped Havoc against the ropes. As Havoc ran back towards him, The Rock lifted him up over his shoulders, hitting a Samoan drop. The Rock got to his feet and stomped on Havoc several times, before pulling him to his feet and hitting a DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Havoc kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: A strong start from The Rock... maybe Rock can beat paper after all!

The Rock pulled Havoc to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then ran at him and hit a clothesline. As Havoc staggered out of the corner, The Rock set him up for a belly-to-belly suplex, but Havoc blocked it, countering with a jawbreaker. As Rock fell to the mat, Havoc climbed to the top rope, then when The Rock got to his feet, Havoc hit a missile dropkick! Both men got to their feet, and Havoc hit a neckbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... kickout! Havoc grabbed The Rock and punched him against the mat several times, then sat him up and applied a sleeper hold. The Rock fought out of it, and as both men got to their feet, The Rock whipped Havoc against the ropes. As Havoc ran back towards him, The Rock went for a spinebuster... but Havoc countered with a DDT!

Nigel McGuinness: Great reflexes there to counter the spinebuster!

Havoc then grabbed The Rock and locked him in the Suicide Silence! The Rock cried out in pain, but he was able to get to the ropes. Havoc broke the hold, then dragged Rock away from the ropes and stomped on him several times. Havoc pulled The Rock to his feet and lifted him over his shoulder, hitting the Go Home Driver! Havoc hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Rock kicked out! Havoc pulled The Rock to his feet and went for the Acid Rainmaker... but The Rock ducked out of the way and hit a flowing snap DDT, followed by a kip-up! Rock waited for Havoc to get to his feet, then went for the Rock Bottom... but Havoc blocked it and hit a reverse STO! As both men got to their feet, Havoc went for the Acid Rainmaker once more... and this time he hit it! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Jimmy Havoc gets the win!

The referee called for the bell and raised Havoc's arm in victory. As Havoc celebrated, Chris Jericho appeared on the tron.

Chris Jericho: Hey stupid! Congratulations... on proving you're inferior to me! I'm taking a well-deserved week off this week, because I didn’t want to set foot in Louisiana. But next week, I'll be back, and I will be celebrating my success. And that celebration will be like me... legendary!

Jericho laughed, and a bemused Jimmy Havoc watched on as Warfare went off the air.