Warfare Results 02/24/2020

Ben M

Warfare Results 02/24/2020

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! Tonight, we are live from Houston, Texas!

Nigel McGuinness: Kicking things off tonight, we've got Lio Rush in action as he goes one on one with Matt Hardy!

"The Deletion Anthem" played and the crowd cheered as Matt Hardy made his way to the ring. When Hardy was in the ring, "I Came To Collect" hit and the crowd booed as Lio Rush headed to the ring, accompanied by Erick Rowan. When Rush was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two superstars locked up. Hardy set Rush up for a Russian legsweep, but Rush fought out of it and hit an enzuigiri. As Hardy staggered backwards, Rush grabbed him, whipping him against the ropes, then hit a dropkick. Both men got to their feet, and Rush set Hardy up for a DDT, but Hardy blocked it, countering with a northern lights suplex! Both of Rush's shoulders were down and the referee counted – 1... 2... Rush kicked out. Hardy pulled Rush to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then ran at him, going for a clothesline. Rush moved out of the way, causing Hardy to collide with the turnbuckles! Hardy stumbled out of the corner and Rush hit a double underhook facebuster, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Hardy kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Another near fall! Great back and forth action thus far!

Rush pulled Hardy to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him into the corner. Rush ran at Hardy, hitting a corner dropkick, then followed up with a snap suplex. Rush climbed to the top rope, and went for the Money Shot... but Hardy got his knees up and blocked it! Rush cried out in pain and Hardy dragged him to his feet, hitting a sitout crucifix powerbomb. He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... Rush kicked out! Hardy pulled Rush to his feet once more and set him up for the Twist of Fate... but Rush pushed Hardy into the ropes, then clotheslined him to the outside. Rush pointed to his ankle and limped into the corner.

Nigel McGuinness: This doesn’t look good... I think Lio Rush might be hurt!

As the referee checked on Rush's ankle, Erick Rowan grabbed Matt Hardy, hitting him with the Iron Claw Slam! Rowan then threw Hardy back into the ring. Rush told the referee his ankle was fine and ran towards Hardy, pulling him to his feet and hitting the Spinning Kamikaze! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: Well that was an interesting finish, Nigel... did you see how quickly Rush recovered after Erick Rowan had taken out Matt Hardy?!

Nigel McGuinness: He must have fast healing powers, Mauro! Very impressive!

Rush laughed to himself as the referee raised his arm in victory, then made his way to the back with Erick Rowan.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, Becky Lynch takes on the former Women's Champion, Natalya!

"Celtic Invasion" by CFO$ hit and the crowd cheered as Becky Lynch made her way to the ring, accompanied by Winter. After Becky had entered the ring, "Missile" by Dorothy hit and Natalya headed to the ring. When Natalya was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Natalya went for a headlock, but Becky fought out of it and whipped Natalya against the ropes, then took her down with a hip toss. As Natalya got to her feet, Becky whipped her into the corner, then hit her with series of kicks. Natalya fell into a sitting position and Becky took several steps back, then ran at Natalya, hitting a low dropkick to the face! Becky pulled Natalya away from the ropes, then hooked the leg. The referee counted - 1... 2... Natalya kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: A strong start by Becky Lynch, she's taking the fight to Natalya!

Becky got to her feet and stomped on Natalya several times, then grabbed her by the legs, going for the Four-Leg Clover. Before Becky could lock it in, Natalya kicked her away and got back to her feet. Natalya hit Becky with a series of punches, then went for an Irish whip, but Becky reversed it, whipping Natalya against the ropes. As Natalya ran back towards her, Becky hit a clothesline, then as Natalya got to her feet, and Becky hit an exploder suplex! Becky hooked the leg and the referee counted - 1... 2... Natalya kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Becky is in control, but Natalya is showing impressive resilience!

Becky pulled Natalya to her feet and hit her with a series of punches, then set her up for the fisherman's neckbreaker. Natalya blocked it, countering with a suplex. Both women got to their feet and Natalya hit the Michinoku driver, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Becky kicked out! Natalya pulled Becky to her feet, and set her up for the reverse powerbomb... but Becky countered with a hurricanrana! Both women got to their feet, and Becky grabbed Natalya by the arm, dragging her down to the mat and locking in the Dis-arm-her! Natalya cried out in pain, but she was able to get to the ropes. Becky broke the hold, then got to her feet and stomped on Natalya several times, trying to keep her grounded. Natalya rolled out of the ring, giving herself a chance to recover. Becky followed Natalya to the outside and hit her with a series of punches, but Natalya fought back with some punches of her own, then threw Becky into the steel steps! Natalya rolled back into the ring, and the referee began counting Becky out. Winter yelled at Becky to get up, and as the referee reached the count of 5, Becky got to her feet. As Becky re-entered the ring, Natalya hit her with a spinebuster, then grabbed her by the legs and locked in the Sharpshooter! Becky cried out in pain, and the referee asked her if she wanted to submit... but Becky shook her head and crawled towards the ropes, grabbing onto the bottom rope.

Nigel McGuinness: Neither one of these superstars is willing to quit, Mauro!

Natalya broke the hold and pulled Becky away from the ropes, then dragged her to her feet and hit an Alabama slam. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Becky kicked out! Natalya grabbed Becky by the legs and went to reapply the sharpshooter, but Becky kicked Natalya away and got to her feet. Natalya went for a discus clothesline, but Becky ducked out of the way and grabbed Nattie from behind, hitting a hammerlock inverted DDT. Becky then hit Natalya with the Manhandle Slam! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Becky Lynch gets the victory!

Becky celebrated with Winter as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Coming up next Nigel we have a great match for you! Elias Samson against the King of the Goths, the Reborn Jimmy Havoc!

Nigel McGuinness: Jimmy Havoc came back at the Royal Rumble, was runner-up to the winner Chris Jericho who we'll see later, but in his return singles match he beat The Rock!

Mauro Ranallo: From Movie Star to Rock n Roll Star! Let's see how this one pans out!

"I Hope You Suffer" played as Jimmy Havoc made his way to the ring in his usual attire sporting his new REBORN HAVOC REBORN EBWF Licensed t-shirt. Once in the ring a single Guitar Strum played as Elias Samson stepped out.

Elias: Ladies and Gentleman, my name is Elias! And my opponent tonight standing in that ring is none other than the Goth King Jimmy Havoc. Now Jimmy, I'm very surprised you're out here because I'm almost sure there's some My Chemical Romance reunion tour tickets you need to buy right? Or some Amy Lee talking tour you need to attend?

Elias had made his way into the ring when Havoc snatched the mic.

Jimmy Havoc: You can insult Amy Lee and me but don't you DARE insult MY BLACK PARADE.

Jimmy hit a gut kick and Elias dropped the guitar, the ref rung the bell as Jimmy whipped him across the ring and dropped Elias with a clothesline. He picked Elias up and hit the Death Valley Driver for a 2 count.

Nigel McGuinness: Jimmy Havoc trying to end this early! Elias is in a daze!

After the match went on for a few minutes Havoc was still on the offence. Havoc had Elias in the corner and went up to the second to drop punches on Elias but Elias countered and pulled Havoc down to drop him on the top turn turnbuckle. Havoc staggered backwards and charged at Elias. The ref was heading to look in the corner to fix the turnbuckle and Elias pulled the ref in front of him, causing Havoc to splash the ref.

Mauro Ranallo: The ref is down!

Havoc checked on the ref and turned round to be met with a gut kick from Elias. Elias went for a powerbomb and picked Havoc up. Havoc fought back and landed on his feet behind Elias, then hit Elias with the Acid Rainmaker!

Nigel McGuinness: Acid Rainmaker! This is over!

Havoc covered Elias…

Mauro Ranallo: No! The referee is down Nigel!

Havoc left Elias and went to check on the referee. Elias had rolled out of the ring and saw his guitar, he picked it up and looked at it smiling.

Mauro Ranallo: Elias has his guitar! He's got evil intentions in mind surely!

Nigel McGuinness: You got that right Mauro! But please don't call me Shirley!

Elias made his way into the ring and was signalling Havoc to turn around.

Havoc turned…

AND DUCKED THE WILD SWING! Elias dropped the guitar! Havoc hit Elias with a wheel kick which staggered him, Havoc picked up the guitar and swung it at Elias' head. The Guitar carcass stuck around Elias' neck while Havoc went behind him and hit another Acid Rainmaker.

He covered as the Ref crawled over. The referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: He's done it! Jimmy Havoc has beaten Elias Samson!

Mauro Ranallo: The final chord has been played! Jimmy Havoc is victorious!

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, the ring was set up for Chris Jericho's Legendary Celebration. The ring had been covered by a red carpet, and in the ring was a table filled with champagne, alongside a giant canvas showing the moment Jericho won the Royal Rumble. Around the ring was a brass band, who were playing celebratory music, and stood in the center of the ring was...

Mauro Ranallo: Nigel, are my eyes deceiving me or is that Neil Patrick Harris?!

Nigel McGuinness: It's really him, Mauro! Chris Jericho said his celebration was going to be legendary, and who better to ensure it is than the man who played Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother, Neil Patrick Harris!

Harris had suited up, and he had a microphone in his hand. He signalled for the band to stop playing, then began to speak.

Neil Patrick Harris: Good evening Houston! In case you don't know me, my name is Neil Patrick Harris... aka Barney Stinson. I'm here because tonight, Chris Jericho wants to celebrate is recent success, and with my help, we're going to make sure that celebration is legen – wait for it...

There was a drumroll from a member of the brass band as everyone waited for it...

Neil Patrick Harris: -dary! Legendary! Now most people don't know this, but I am a huge wrestling fan. True story. And one of my favourite wrestlers of all time is Chris Jericho. So when Chris rang me up last week and asked me to be involved in his "Legendary Celebration", I said yes straight away. It is truly an honor to be here tonight. But this celebration is not about me, it's about the man who outlasted 29 other superstars to win the Royal Rumble, the man who will main event Wrestlemania, the first and only ten-time – soon to be eleven-time – EBWF World Champion. In a few moments time, Chris Jericho will be joining us for the greatest celebration the world has ever seen. And as an extra special treat, he has requested that you all sing along to his new entrance theme, Judas by Fozzy. We're going to put the words up on the tron, I'm going to be singing, so are the band around the ring, so if you don't sing along, you're just going to look silly. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Chris Jericho!

After a display of fireworks, Judas began to play and Chris Jericho stepped out onto the stage, wearing a sparking silver jacket and accompanied by two showgirls. True to his word, Neil Patrick Harris was singing along to Judas, and so too were the brass band and a not insignificant section of the crowd. Jericho looked around the arena, grinning to himself and taking it all in. As Judas reached the chorus, Jericho began walking down the ramp, linking arms with the two showgirls. The showgirls stopped at the bottom of the ramp, and Jericho kissed them both on the cheek, then entered the ring. Upon entering the ring, Jericho gave Neil Patrick Harris a big hug, then asked one of the crew members at ringside to pass him a microphone. Jericho's music was cut, and he began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Thank you so much, Neil! As you said, I wanted to make sure this celebration was legendary... and Paul McCartney wasn't available, so I called you up instead.

Jericho and Harris laughed.

Neil Patrick Harris: I should probably be offended by that, but if I'm second to Paul McCartney, the truth is I'm flattered.

Chris Jericho: So you should be, Neil. So you should be. This is a great night, it's everything I hoped it would be. We had fireworks, we had a nice little singalong, we've got a brass band, we've got a celebrity guest, and we've got a LITTLE BIT OF THE BUBBLY!

Jericho emphasised his excitement about the champagne, then opened a bottle and poured two glasses. He handed one to Neil Patrick Harris, and the two men raised their glasses then drank the champagne.

Chris Jericho: Cheer! Yes, this is almost perfect. I say almost perfect, because it's a real shame we're having to have this celebration in Houston...

The crowd booed, which seemed to amuse Jericho.

Chris Jericho: Come on, Houston, you know this city sucks! If Texas was a human being, Houston would be its ass. No one ever wants to be in Houston, myself included. Let's be honest, this celebration is the greatest thing that's ever happened in Houston! The Rockets haven't won an NBA championship for 25 years, and the Astros were only able to win the World Series by cheating. You're lucky I'm giving you the chance to experience a part of my well-earned success.

The boos from the crowd increased in volume. Jericho began laughing, while Neil Patrick Harris smiled awkwardly.

Neil Patrick Harris: Actually Chris, as thrilled as I am to be here as your guest, there is one thing I think your celebration is missing. I actually got you a present. You're always entertaining people around the world, tonight I wanted you to be entertained instead. I wasn't sure how you'd feel if I did some magic tricks – I didn't want to steal your thunder – but I know you like to laugh, so I got you a clown! Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Chuckles the Clown!

The brass band began to play a circus them as Chuckles the Clown headed to the ring. Neil Patrick Harris looked very excited, but Jericho seemed disappointed. As Chuckles entered the ring, Jericho looked across at Harris, frowning.

Chris Jericho: What the hell is this, Neil?

Neil Patrick Harris: It's Chuckles the Clown, Chris. It's a present from me.

Chris Jericho: But I hate clowns! I didn't ask for a present, because I didn't want one. The only reason I even invited you was for some extra publicity. I'm the one making sure this celebration is legendary, not you. You've overstepped the mark, Neil. So I'm going to ask you one-time... will you please, get the hell out of my ring.

Jericho glared at Neil Patrick Harris threateningly. Harris shrugged apologetically, then sheepishly exited the ring. Jericho turned his attention to Chuckles the Clown.

Chris Jericho: So you're a clown, eh? Can you make me a balloon animal?

Chuckles the Clown shook his head.

Chris Jericho: Okay, well can you tell me a few jokes?

Again, Chuckles shook his head.

Chris Jericho: You're a clown, you stupid idiot! You're supposed to make people laugh. Alright, what can you do?

Chuckles mimed juggling.

Chris Jericho: You can juggle? I mean, I feel like that's something they teach you on the first day in Clown College, but since you're here we might as well get our money's worth. Go on them Chuckles, impress me with your juggling skills.

Chuckles nodded, and picked up two bottles of champagne.

Chris Jericho: Be careful, that bubbly was very expensive!

Chuckles threw one of the bottles of champagne in the air and went to catch it with his other hand... but he missed! As the bottle smashed, Jericho yelled "what the hell are you doing?" Chuckles tried to apologise... then smashed the other bottle of champagne he was holding over Jericho's head!

Mauro Ranallo: What the hell just happened?!

As Jericho fell to the mat, Chuckles took off his wig, then pulled an oversized handkerchief out of his pocket and began to wipe the makeup off his face. Once the makeup had been wiped away, it became clear just who the clown was...

Nigel McGuinness: It's Aiden English, Mauro!

The crowd cheered as Aiden English trashed the ring, throwing the canvas out of the ring then sweeping the remaining bottles of champagne of the table, smashing them in the process. English then pulled Jericho to his feet and hit the Director's Cut, slamming Jericho through the table!

Mauro Ranallo: Chris Jericho's celebration has been ruined by the reigning EBWF World Champion, Aiden English!

Nigel McGuinness: The Drama King infiltrated Jericho's celebration, and struck the first blow against his Wrestlemania challenger!

English climbed the turnbuckle and raised his arms in the air, celebrating with the crowd. English then climbed down from the turnbuckle and exited the ring. Warfare went off the air as English made his way to the back.