Warfare Results 03/23/2020

Ben M

Warfare Results 03/23/2020

Post by Ben M »

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to Warfare! We are live from Kansas City, Missouri and Wrestlemania is just six days away!

Nigel McGuinness: Kicking things off tonight, we're going to hear from the Irish Lass Kicker, Becky Lynch!

“Celtic Invasion” by CFO$ hit the PA System and the lighting in the arena changed to alternating instances of orange and green. The crowd started singing along with the song in unison only to be interrupted by the Satanic Diva better known as Winter and the Man also known as Becky Lynch when they walked through the entrance curtain and onto the stage. Upon the mere sight of the two women, the crowd cheered voraciously. Becky and Winter stopped for a few moments, soaked in the reaction from the crowd, and made their way down the entrance ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: Here we see two women that have been causing quite a stir in EBWF as of late. The rumor going around is that since Becky Lynch beat Shayna Baszler, she has been hell-bent on getting into the title match at WrestleMania.

Nigel McGuinness: Yeah, but Shayna Baszler has been insistent on keeping Becky out of the title match at WrestleMania. If you recall, while the record book says that Becky beat Shayna, it was due to Winter’s interference.

Mauro Ranallo: Be that as it may, beating the champion would cause anyone to claim a Number One Contender’s spot.

Once Becky and Winter reached ringside, they climbed up onto the apron and entered the ring. After Winter was handed a microphone, “Celtic Invasion” cut out and then fans continued singing. It took a good two minutes for the fans to quiet down before Winter raised the microphone and started speaking.

Winter: As we all know, on the February seventeenth edition of Monday Night Warfare, Rebecca took on the Women’s Champion, Shayna Baszler. As we also know, Rebecca defeated Shayna Baszler. As a matter of fact, Rebecca did not just defeat Shayna Baszler. She beat Shayna like Shayna owed Big Worm money. Of course, given that Rebecca destroyed the Women’s Champion, that would make her the Number One Contender. You see, Shayna refused to defend that belt against Rebecca…

Winter was stopped for a few moments due to the fact that the crowd broke out into a chorus of boos.

Winter: I know why Shayna refuses to defend that belt against the woman standing beside me. It has less to do with the ‘I beat her so I have nothing to prove’ which was a fluke in the first place, and more to do with ‘Oh, please Becky! Please don’t take my title! Please don’t hurt me! Please don’t make me look like the failure I was in the UFC!’ Because she knows full well that Rebecca would not only beat Shayna into submission like Alexis Davis, but Rebecca would do it in half the time.

The crowd popped at this statement.

Winter: The fact that Rebecca beat Shayna Baszler like a red-headed stepchild and was not added to the Women’s Championship match at WrestleMania is a disgrace. Rebecca is the biggest star in the division. She is why this division runs. That Women’s Championship is hers by right and her not being added to the Women’s Championship match at WrestleMania between some UFC failure and an overrated relic from 20 years ago is an indictment of not only EBWF, but professional wrestling as a whole. That belt belongs to Rebecca. She is the only one that can make it meaningful.

The crowd, again, popped at that statement.

Mauro Ranallo: Some strong words here from Winter.

Nigel McGuinness: Yeah, but I’m willing to bet that there are a lot of people that would disagree with her.

Winter: To sum it all up, Shayna Baszler refuses to defend the title against Rebecca and refuses to add Rebecca to the match at WrestleMania, because she is nothing more than chickenshit! Being that Shayna is chickenshit, that leaves Rebecca free. So, given that Rebecca is free...

Suddenly, the arena lights went out and a message flashed up on the tron: THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW. “The Epic” by Downstait began to play and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Dr. Britt Baker stepped out onto the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: What is Britt Baker doing here?!

Baker was wearing a white coat and she looked around at the crowd, then made her way down the ramp. Baker walked around the ring, then went to grab a microphone from the ringside area. Christy Hemme went to pass her one, but Baker shook her head, and asked Christy to put the microphone down. Confused, Christy did so. Baker smiled, took a pair of blue latex gloves out of her pocket, then put them on and picked up the microphone.

Britt Baker: Sorry, Christy… you can’t be too careful with the current pandemic.

Baker then turned her attention to Becky Lynch and Winter, and entered the ring.

Britt Baker: Hi Becky. Hi… Winter is it? Interesting name. In case you don’t know me, allow me to introduce myself. I’m Doctor Britt Baker. Now full disclosure, I’m a Doctor of Dental Medicine… so I’m probably not much use to you, Becky. Your teeth look great.

Becky smirked.

Becky Lynch: Thank ya. I floss.

Britt Baker: Excellent. No Becky, I’d love to help you but I can’t… because I think you need a neurologist. That’s a brain doctor for those of you who never went to college.

Becky’s smirk soon turned into a scowl.

Becky Lynch: Excuse me?

Britt Baker: Well I think you might have hit your head, because you must be crazy if you think you can just book yourself in the Women’s Championship match at Wrestlemania. Because if I remember correctly, at the Royal Rumble, you lost.

Winter: I think you’ll find Rebecca was the runner up…

Britt Baker (interrupting): Exactly, Ms Winter. Runner up, not the winner. And since there can only be one winner in a Royal Rumble match, the runner up is just like everyone else who didn’t win… a loser. So the fact you beat Shayna Baszler doesn’t give you a claim to a title match, at least not at Wrestlemania. With all due respect, “Rebecca”... I think you need to get in line.

Becky shook her head before she responded.

Becky Lynch: Nah, because ya see. That line starts behind me. I lasted the longest in the Royal Rumble. I beat Shayna Baszler like she owed me money. I am the de facto undisputed Number One Contender. I have a right to be in that title match at WrestleMania. Seein’ as yer tryin’ to dispute the fact that I’m the Number One Contender, how about I…

Becky raised her free hand and balled it into a fist.

Becky Lynch: Take this and knock yer fookin’ teeth so far down yer throat that yer goin’ chew yer own arse out fer pissin’ me off?!

The crowd cheered at the aggressive challenge from Becky. Britt Baker’s eyes widened.

Britt Baker: Wow… you’re a feisty one, aren’t you? Maybe when you get your head checked, they can give you some pills for your rage. In the meantime, why don’t we look at the facts? You say you’re the number one contender for the Women’s Championship, but I checked the Wrestlemania card and it was pretty clear… the number one contender is Trish Stratus. Unless you’ve changed your job title, you don’t get to decide you’re the number one contender, and you certainly don’t decide whether or not you get to challenge Shayna Baszler at Wrestlemania. That decision was made for you, the moment Trish Stratus eliminated you at the Royal Rumble. Understood? Now if, on the other hand, you want to fight me… bring it on, bitch.

The crowd cheered, and Becky was about to throw a punch… but Britt Baker took a step back, held up her hand as if to say “stop”, and shook her head.

Britt Baker: Not tonight though. You see, the reason I’m here tonight is to sign a contract to become an EBWF superstar, and that’s what I did just before coming out to the ring. That's right, you heard it here first… Dr Britt Baker is the latest addition to the EBWF women’s division! Only thing is, my contract doesn’t start until tomorrow. So if you “knock my teeth down my throat”, as you so beautifully put it, you’ll be assaulting me. And I will sue. But if you want to fight me at Wrestlemania… then that would be just fine. Because let’s be honest, that’s the only way you’re getting a match this Sunday. The choice is yours.

Becky Lynch: Yer wantin’ to step up to the biggest star in the division? Ya remind me of a noisy gobshite that’s tryin’ to fight the toughest person in the bar. Well, unlike Shayna Baszler, I’m not one to turn away a challenge. Ya got it!

Mauro Ranallo: And just like that, we have another blockbuster match at WrestleMania!

Nigel McGuinness: I really hope Britt Baker knows what she’s getting into here.

Becky was about to say something else but Britt hauled off and punched her right in the mouth, which caused Becky to stumble. Becky glared at Britt like she was staring knives into her. Just as Becky was about to reciprocate the gesture, Britt dropped out of the ring and backed up the entrance ramp. Becky and Winter left the ring in pursuit. As Becky and Winter advanced toward Britt, the dentist decided that this moment was the best time to run. So, she ran and Becky and Winter ran after her.

MATCH ONE

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, "Missile" by Dorothy hit and the crowd cheered as Natalya made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! This Sunday, the Women's Champion Shayna Baszler defends her title against the seven-time former champion, Trish Stratus. Tonight though, Baszler takes on Trish's tag team partner, Natalya!

When Natalya was in the ring, "Loyalty is Everything" hit and the crowd booed as Shayna Baszler stepped out onto the stage, the Women's Title draped over her shoulder. Baszler looked at Natalya standing in the ring and smiled deviously, then walked down the ramp. Upon entering the ring, Baszler handed the Women's Title to the referee then hit Natalya with a forearm smash, knocking her down! The crowd booed once more, which seemed to amuse Baszler. The referee called for the bell and Baszler stomped on Natalya several times, then pulled her to her feet and threw her into the corner. Baszler ran at Natalya, hitting her with a knee to the face, then as Natalya fell into a sitting position Baszler put her foot on Natalya's throat, choking her. The referee threatened to disqualify Baszler and began counting to five – 1... 2... 3... 4... Baszler stepped back just before the referee counted 5. Smirking, Baszler pulled Natalya to her feet and lifted her up, hitting a Yokosuka cutter. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Natalya kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: A dominant start by Shayna Baszler! She's using Natalya to send a message to Trish Stratus!

Baszler stomped on Natalya several more times then pulled her to her feet, setting her up for a vertical suplex. Natalya blocked it, countering with a suplex of her own! Both women got to their feet and Natalya whipped Baszler against the ropes, then hit her with an arm drag. As Baszler got to her feet, Natalya hit a double underhook backbreaker... then locked Baszler in the Sharpshooter!

Mauro Ranallo: Natalya is trying to make Shayna Baszler submit!

Baszler cried out in pain and quickly crawled towards the edge of the ring, grabbing onto the bottom rope. Natalya broke the hold, and Baszler rolled out of the ring, giving herself a moment to recover. Natalya followed Baszler out of the ring and hit her with a series of punches, but Baszler fought back with some right hands of her own, then threw Natalya into the ring steps! Natalya looked dazed, and Baszler dragged her to her feet, hitting a DDT onto the floor! Baszler then rolled back into the ring and yelled at the referee to count Natalya out.

Nigel McGuinness: Natalya appears to be out cold here, Mauro... I don't think she's going to be able to get back in the ring!

As the referee counted, Baszler paced back and forth arrogantly. As the referee reached the count of 7, "Bossy" by Kelis hit and the crowd erupted as Trish Stratus stepped out onto the stage. Baszler glared at Trish, then challenged her to come into the ring and fight. Trish began walking down the ramp, but she stopped halfway and pointed behind Baszler. Baszler turned around... and Natalya hit her with a clothesline! She then pulled Baszler to her feet and hit a spinning sitout powerbomb! Natalya hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: Natalya gets the victory!

As the referee called for the bell, Natalya rolled out of the ring and celebrated with Trish on the ramp. Natalya and Trish headed to the back as Baszler watched on, looking furious.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, the ring was set up for the contract signing between Aiden English and Chris Jericho. The ring was covered with a black carpet, in the center of the ring was a table, and either side of the table were two leather chairs. Stood next to the table was Renee Young, microphone in one hand, the contract in the other.

Renee Young: Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the EBWF World Championship match contract signing between the EBWF World Champion, Aiden English, and the number one contender, Chris Jericho. Once this contract is signed, the main event of Wrestlemania will be made official!

The crowd cheered with excitement.

Renee Young: Introducing first, the man who won the 2020 men’s Royal Rumble match to become the number one contender… from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He is a ten-time EBWF World Champion, and he hopes to win his 11th World Title this Sunday at Wrestlemania… please welcome Chris Jericho!

“Judas” by Fozzy hit and the crowd booed as Chris Jericho stepped out onto the stage. Jericho was dressed in a suit, and had a big grin on his face. As Jericho made his way to the ring, a video package played recapping the events of the past few weeks - Aiden English disguising himself as a clown and interrupting Chris Jericho’s “legendary victory celebration”, then Chris Jericho attacking Aiden English in the parking lot and powerbombing him onto the windshield of his rental car. As the recap concluded, the camera cut to Jericho in the ring. Jericho picked up a microphone and when his music was cut, he began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Thank you Renee for that lovely introduction. I couldn’t have written it better myself!

Renee Young: But Chris, you did write it yourself…

Chris Jericho: Exactly!

Renee rolled her eyes. Jericho either didn’t notice, or didn’t care, and continued speaking.

Chris Jericho: This Sunday, at Wrestlemania, I will make history once again. Because I will be the first ever superstar to main event Wrestlemania for the fourth time. I am already the only superstar to ever win the World Title ten times, and on Sunday, I can make even more history by becoming an eleven-time World Champion. There’s just one problem… after what happened last week, I’m not sure Aiden English is going to make it to Wrestlemania.

The crowd booed. Jericho shook his head.

Chris Jericho: I know. It’s a real shame.

The boos from the crowd increased in volume, which seemed to amuse Jericho.

Mauro Ranallo: Can you believe him, Nigel? He’s acting like it wasn’t him that attacked Aiden English last week. We just saw the footage!

Chris Jericho: Of course, if Aiden English isn’t able to compete on Sunday, I would still win the World Title via forfeit, so I guess it’s not all bad!

Jericho had a huge grin on his face, which seemed to infuriate the crowd. Jericho was about to say something else, when “Moments” by Sevendust hit and the crowd cheered excitedly for the arrival of the EBWF World Champion.

Nigel McGuinness: Well it doesn’t look like Jericho will be winning via forfeit, Mauro. Aiden English is here!

A moment passed as Jericho paced in the ring before Aiden emerged from backstage. He had a neck brace on and was supporting himself with a pair of crutches. The crowd gasped as he braced himself against the crutches long enough to wave. Inside the ring, Jericho was cracking up laughing and pointing at the champion.

Renee Young: And, the EBWF World Heavyweight Champion… from the Windy City of Chicago, Illinois. He walks into Wrestlemania as a reigning champion for the first time. Please welcome to the ring, Aiden English!

Aiden slowly made his way down to the ring. At the bottom of the ramp he looked at the steps, then the ropes as he considered how to get himself into the ring. He hobbled to the steps and carefully climbed them. On the apron he passed one crutch over the top rope and leaned it against the corner before slowly ducking under the top rope and sliding into the ring. He leaned against the turnbuckle and sighed with relief. Jericho continued to point and laugh. Aiden motioned for a microphone and Renee brought it to him in the corner. Aiden looked out at the crowd and then hung his head slightly.

Aiden English: As you can all see, after last week’s vicious assault I am less than a hundred percent. In fact, the medical staff has informed me that the damage done to my neck could possibly require surgery to repair. A surgery that could leave me out of the company for months if it doesn’t end my career permanently.

Jericho was doubled over in laughter. Aiden paused and turned away from Jericho, facing toward the crowd from the corner.

Aiden English: If that’s the case then sadly I have let everyone of you down at another Wrestlemania. And, for that I can’t express the amount of regret I feel.

Aiden turned back around.

Aiden English: Chris what you did last week was painful. More painful than anything anyone else has ever done to me. Honestly, I wasn’t even supposed to come out here and confront you. Management asked me repeatedly to deliver this message from the back with a camera. But, I had to look you in the eyes and congratulate you. I’m not medically cleared to compete at Wrestlemania. As a result I will likely be forced to vacate the EBWF World Heavyweight Title and make you an eleven time champion!

Jericho had a smile on his face so wide, it was as if Christmas had come early. He tried to look sombre, but couldn’t quite suppress a smirk.

Chris Jericho: Well Aiden, I wish I could say I was sorry, but the truth is you brought it on yourself. On the bright side, Wrestlemania is still six days away… you might recover in time. Miracles do happen. So how about we sign the contract, make the match official, and the doctors can re-examine you on Sunday?

Aiden tucked his microphone under his arm and used the crutches to make his way over to the table. He picked up the contract and read over it, still leaning heavily on one of the crutches. He held the contract out to Renee and leaned into the mic.

Aiden English: Do you mind turning the page for me?

Renee flipped the top page over and Aiden resumed reading. With each passing moment Jericho got more and more impatient.

Chris Jericho: Just sign the damn thing already, limpy!

Aiden English: If you have someplace to be Chris, by all means sign first. I’ve learned a few lessons about signing contracts without reading them first!

Chris Jericho: I think you’ve learned something else too… never mess with Chris Jericho.

Smirking, Jericho signed his name in a flash and tossed the contract on the desk. He held the pen out to Aiden who had to lean in on the crutches to reach for it. Just as Aiden had the pen in reach, Jericho dropped it onto the mat. The crowd booed. Aiden and Chris both looked down at the pen with a different expression. Jericho laughed as he mouthed the words “pick it up” to Aiden. Aiden dropped to a knee to pick up the pen.

Chris Jericho: Since you’re down there, how about you go ahead and fasten that title around my waist?

Aiden shook his head in frustration. He dropped one of the crutches to the mat and picked up the pen in his newly free hand. The crowd continued to boo. Jericho turned his back to Aiden to taunt the crowd.

Aiden English: You know Chris, I did bring you a coordination present of sorts.

Chris laughed and turned back toward the champion. Suddenly, Aiden stuck Chris in the stomach with a crutch, doubling him over. Jericho yelled in pain. Aiden brought the crutch down on Jericho’s back and the challenger arched up. Another stabbing blow to the stomach. The crowd cheered loudly.

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! The champ isn’t as injured as we thought!

Nigel McGuinness: This is the kind of thing we would expect to see from the ruthless Aiden last year!

Aiden hauled Jericho up and delivered a powerbomb through the signing desk. Aiden tugged the clipboard out from under Jericho and flipped to the last page. He took a look out at the cheering crowd before signing his name and handing the clipboard to Renee.

Nigel McGuinness: And, just like that the main event of Wrestlemania is official.

Mauro Ranallo: Neither of these men are going to be walking into this match at their best!

Nigel McGuinness: The EBWF World Champion made sure of that here tonight!

“Moments” by Sevendust hit again and Aiden turned to leave the ring. He grabbed the top rope and paused. He looked back at Jericho just starting to stir in the wreckage of the table. Aiden reached into his vest and pulled out the clown wig he had worn to Jericho’s celebration. The crowd cheered as Aiden stomped over to Jericho and forced the wig onto his head. Aiden then exited the ring, making his way back up the ramp as Warfare went off the air.