Warfare Results 06/15/2020

Ben M

Warfare Results 06/15/2020

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Pyro shot off within the Moda Center as the crowd went wild, and EBWF Warfare went live on A&E.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Warfare! I am Mauro Ranallo, alongside my colleague Nigel McGuinness.

Nigel McGuinness: Thank you, Mauro. We are just two weeks away from King of the Ring the PPV that will decide not only the King of the Ring but also our Queen of the Ring here in EBWF.

Mauro Ranallo: The prize of course being a shot at the respective championships this August at Summerslam!

Nigel McGuinness: We get things going tonight with a Quarterfinals Match in the Queen of the Ring tournament. Liv Morgan takes on Nikki Cross.

Nikki Cross came to the ring first, and after an introduction from Christy Hemme, Liv’s theme hit.

Mauro Ranallo: And a happy belated birthday to Liv Morgan who turned 26 last week.

Nigel McGuinness: Can she cap off her birthday month with a trip to the Semi-Finals?

Liv got into the ring and the referee rang the bell immediately. They locked up, but Cross soon took Morgan down.

Mauro Ranallo: Nikki Cross is staring off by being absolutely vicious.

Cross clubbed Morgan and pulled her to her feet by the hair. Morgan fought back and hit a pair of clotheslines followed by a step-up enzuigiri.

Nigel McGuinness: Some amazing athleticism from Liv Morgan!

Morgan quickly hit a missile dropkick off the middle rope for a near fall. The two women got to their feet, and Liv pushed Nikki and talked some trash.

Mauro Ranallo: I don’t think that’s very wise.

Cross blocked a suplex and stomped the foot. Nikki then hit a front suplex on the top rope and hit a running boot to the face for a near fall.

Nigel McGuinness: You got to give it to Liv, Mauro. She won’t quit!

Cross continued to work her over and kicked her in the face. She turned to play up to the crowd, but Liv quickly comes back with a flatliner off the ropes for another pin.

1…

2…

3!

Nigel McGuinness: That’ll do it! Liv Morgan is moving on to the semi-finals, and we’ll find out if she’ll face Mickie James or Natalya next!

MATCH TWO

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, the camera cut to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! This next match will determine who will face Liv Morgan next week in the semi-final matchup.

Nigel McGuinness: And this match might get a little personal because things between Mickie James and her husband, The Miz, have been a little touch and go with many on the EBWF roster.

Mauro Ranallo: Particularly with Edge and of course, Natalya’s best friend, Trish Stratus.

Mickie was to the ring first, and she was booed mercilessly as she proceeded down the ramp. She looked disgusted with the crowd and rolled her eyes when they began to cheer as Natalya’s music hit. Natalya charged down the ramp and began pummelling Mickie immediately.

Nigel McGuinness: Natalya is enraged.

Natalya got a waist lock takedown and slapped her on the head. Nattie wrenched the arm and talked some trash. Mickie got out with a cartwheel and some punches. Natalya reversed a whip but Mickie slid through her legs and snapmared her. Mickie dropkicked her in the face and Natalya quickly rolled out of the ring. Mickie went to the outside and Natalya pushed her into the steel steps. Nattie slid her in the ring and covers for a near fall.

Natalya: You want to talk about my family?

Natalya used her forearm and rammed it into Mickie’s face, pressing down hard and pinning Mickie to the mat.

Natalya: You want to talk about my dad?!

Natalya picked her up by the hair and slammed her down. Natalya locked on a picture perfect Mexican surfboard, only releasing the hold when she rolled back on her shoulders and nearly pinned herself. Natalya punched her in the corner until the referee backed her up. Natalya walked into a kick so she grabbed the legs and tried to slam her. Mickie landed on her feet and began punching her. Natalya answered with some punches in the corner. She ran in to a back elbow and then a hurricanrana. Mickie hit a trio of clotheslines. Natalya answered with a chop and threw her out of the ring. Mickie quickly got on the apron and went to the top rope. Mickie hit a Thesz Press off the top rope. She rolled Nattie up, and Natalya struggled. Mickie reached out and grabbed the bottom rope for leverage.

1…

2…

Mauro Ranallo: The ref doesn’t see it!

3!

Nigel McGuinness: You’re kidding!

Mauro Ranallo: Mickie James advances in the Queen of the Ring tournament.

Nattie sat on the mat, and put her head in her hands as Mickie taunted the crowd and had her hand raised. Before the referee let go of Mickie’s rest, Natalie stood up and hit her from behind. Mickie went flying into the ropes, and Nattie went after her, mounting her and ruthlessly hammering at her face and upper body. Nattie threw her out of the ring and followed after, before grabbing her by the hair and tossing her into the steel stairs. The crowd cheered as Nattie left Mickie in a heap and went over to the time keeper’s area, telling Christy Hemme to get up before grabbing her chair and stalking toward Mickie with it.

Mauro Ranallo: Nattie is out for vengeance.

The crowd popped again when Trish Stratus came out from behind the curtain. She ran down to the ring, and managed to get between Nattie and Mickie, grabbing the chair.

Nigel McGuinness: What is she doing?

Mauro Ranallo: Trying to stop her friend from doing something she can’t take back.

Trish Stratus: She’s not worth it. She’s trash. She’s not worth it. I know… I know what she did, but the bitch isn’t worth it.

Trish gently removed the chair from Natalie’s hand and put it on the ground before putting her arm around her and leading her toward the ramp. She stopped in front of Mickie and leaned down next to her.

Trish Stratus: I hope you win, Mickie. I hope you win so I can see you at Summerslam. I don’t think you’ll fare much better there than you have tonight.

Trish chuckled, and stood up again, joining Nattie at the bottom of the ramp to proceed to the back as Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

"Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva hit and the crowd cheered as Shane Helms made his way to the ring for the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, former World Champion Shane Helms makes his EBWF return in the King of the Ring tournament! Helms will face Jay Briscoe and Chavo Guerrero for a place in the quarter finals.

When Helms was in the ring, "Reach for the Sky" by Adam Massacre hit and the crowd booed as Jay Briscoe headed to the ring. Finally, "Chavito Ardiente" hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Chavo Guerrero stepped out onto the stage. After Chavo had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell. Briscoe immediately charged at Chavo, hitting him with a big boot, then stomped on him several times. Helms grabbed Briscoe and hit him with a series of punches, but Briscoe fought back with some right hands of his own, then whipped Helms into the corner. Briscoe was about to charge towards Helms when Chavo grabbed him from behind, hitting him with a German suplex. As Chavo got back to his feet, Helms moved out of the corner, pointed at Briscoe, then signalled to Chavo. Chavo nodded, pulled Briscoe to his feet, and whipped him towards Helms, who hit Briscoe with a flying clothesline!

Nigel McGuinness: Great teamwork by Helms and Chavo!

Helms threw Jay Briscoe out of the ring, then turned his attention to Chavo. Helms and Chavo locked up, and Chavo applied a headlock, but Helms fought out of it and whipped Chavo against the ropes. As Chavo ran back towards him, Helms went for an arm drag, but Chavo blocked it, countering with an enzuigiri. Chavo then set Helms up for the Three Amigos, but as he lifted Helms up, Helms landed on his feet behind Chavo, applied a hammerlock then took him down with a Russian legsweep. He hooked the leg, and the referee counted – 1... 2... Chavo kicked out! As Helms got to his feet, Jay Briscoe re-entered the ring and he attacked Helms from behind, hitting him in the back of the head. Briscoe hit Helms with several more right hands, knocking him backwards onto the ropes, then hit Helms with a clothesline, sending him to the outside. As Helms hit the floor, he could be seen rolling underneath the ring. Briscoe turned around and grabbed Chavo Guerrero, setting him up for a powerbomb. He lifted Chavo up... but Chavo countered with a hurricanrana!

Mauro Ranallo: What a counter! Incredible athleticism from Chavito!

Both men got to their feet, and Chavo hit Jay Briscoe with the Three Amigos, then went to the top rope. Chavo signalled for the Frog Splash, and the crowd cheered in anticipation... but as Chavo leapt through the air, Briscoe got his knees up and blocked it! As Chavo clutched his ribs, the camera cut to the ringside area. Sliding out from underneath the ring was...

Nigel McGuinness: Mauro... is that The Hurricane?

Wearing his black mask and green cape, it was indeed wrestling's favourite superhero, The Hurricane. The crowd popped, but Hurricane asked the fans to shush, then crouched down beside the ring. Back in the ring, Jay Briscoe grabbed Chavo Guerrero, lifting him up and hitting the Death Valley Driver! Briscoe got to his feet and taunted the crowd, causing them to boo him. As the crowd booed, Hurricane rolled into the ring, and stood behind Briscoe. The crowd began to cheer, and as Briscoe turned around, Hurricane posed in his superhero stance. Briscoe looked surprised to see The Hurricane, and Hurricane took full advantage, grabbing Briscoe by the throat and hitting the HurriChokeSlam! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: I don’t believe it! Does this mean The Hurricane advances to the quarter finals?!

As the referee called for the bell, Hurricane rolled out of the ring and slid back underneath the ring. A few moments later, Shane Helms emerged from the other side of the ring and re-entered the ring, smiling and celebrating. Looking somewhat bewildered, the referee raised Helms' arm in victory.

Nigel McGuinness: I think we need to get VAR to review that, Mauro... Helms is celebrating but I'm not sure it was him that got the pin!

MATCH FOUR

Mauro Ranallo: This last match of the quarter final will determine who goes on to face Lacey Evans in the semi-finals next week.

Nigel McGuinness: This is a bit of a mismatched competition here as Eva Marie takes on Becky Lynch.

Mauro Ranallo: What are you talking about, Nigel? Eva beat Ronda Rousey last week!

“Celtic Invasion” hit and Becky came to the ring, largely ignoring the crowd and all business as she proceeded to the ring. Eva was to the ring next, blowing kisses to the crowd, which only seemed to annoy Becky. When Eva got into the ring Lynch offered her jaw up for Eva. Eva took the bait. Eva hit a right hand and turned it into a waistlock takedown. She floated over into a front chancery and stood up.

Mauro Ranallo: Eva Marie is bringing the quickness!

Eva went for the ropes but Lynch went for Dis-Arm-Her. Eva reversed into an Oklahoma roll, and Becky pinned her, but it was only good for two. Eva slung Becky throat-first into the ropes choking her. Eva dragged her back inside only for Lynch to come back with knees.

Mauro Ranallo: I don’t think Becky Lynch expected this from Eva Marie.

Becky came off the ropes, and hit a flying forearm but Eva turned it around and got her in the corner to put boots to her. Eva hit the lariat, but Lynch got up and blocked an octopus attempt. Eva denied another attempt at the Dis-Arm-Her and hit a right hand, followed by a double knee drop. Eva jawed at Becky. That seemed to make Becky come alive with kick combos. Becky countered an exploder into Dis-Arm-Her! Eva tried to fight to the ropes, but she couldn't take the pain and finally tapped out.

Nigel McGuinness: There it is. Becky Lynch's bye proves effective and now she moves into the semi-finals next week.

Becky's hand was raised in victory as a promo of King of the Ring played.

SEGMENT

Mauro Ranallo: We are just two weeks away from determining who our King and Queen of the Ring will be and... what's this...

The tron had lit up and joined a cameraman running through the halls backstage. A struggle could be heard as he came around a corner to find Randy Orton standing in the hallway, with Edge, who was dressed for his match. At their feet, laid an unresponsive Grado.

Edge shrugged.

Edge: I mean, we just found him like this.

Randy Orton: Just on our way to the Gorilla and here he was.

The cameraman spoke from behind his rig.

Cameraman: That doesn't seem likely guys.

Randy Orton: Drew! This is me you're talking to. When have I ever lied to you?

Edge: I have a match. Looks like it's uh... one on one now, because I don't think he's going anywhere tonight.

Trainers rushed in and began to assist Grado.

Edge: And I mean, Drew, I didn't do this to Grado, but I'm sure if I had it wouldn't have been personal. Just business.

Randy Orton: And I didn't do this to Grado, but if I had, it would definitely have been personal, because this schmuck does not deserve to be in this tournament, let alone King of the Ring.

Edge laughed and slapped Randy in the chest before jerking his head toward the direction of the stage as The Miz's entrance began and "I Came to Play" broadcast throughout the arena.

MATCH FIVE

Mauro Ranallo: Well, there you have it folks... Grado is incapacitated, and our main event is going to be a one on one match as The Miz takes on Edge for the final spot in the King of the Ring Quarter Finals!

The crowd booed as The Miz headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, Miz stood in the corner, leaning against the ropes as he awaited his opponent. "Metalingus" by Alter Bridge hit and the crowd cheered as Edge stepped out onto the stage, accompanied by Randy Orton. Edge and Orton walked down the ramp, and as Edge entered the ring, Orton walked around it, taking a seat with Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at the announce table.

Nigel McGuinness: Randy, good to see you. We weren't expecting you...

Randy Orton: Well Corey, given that Miz has proved to be a piece of shit recently, I wanted to watch Edge crush him up close.

Nigel McGuinness: Actually it's Nigel... Nigel McGuinness.

Randy Orton: Whatever. Although at least that explains the accent.

In the ring, Edge and Miz were shooting each other daggers. The referee got between them, but as soon as he called for the bell, he took a step back. Edge and Miz wasted no time getting started, throwing right hands back and forth furiously. Edge gained the upper hand and went to whip Miz against the ropes, but Miz reversed it, sending Edge into the ropes. As Edge ran back towards him, Miz went for a clothesline, but Edge ducked out of the way and got behind Miz, hitting a sitout rear mat slam. Both men got to their feet, and Edge hit a bridging northern lights suplex. The referee counted – 1... 2... Miz kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Edge almost put Miz away quickly there, but Miz isn't done yet.

Randy Orton: Ironic, really. From what I've heard, Miz knows a thing or two about finishing quickly...

Both men got to their feet, and Edge pinched his finger and thumb together, signalling to Miz that he was close to a 3 count. Miz shook his head, and the two men locked up. Edge applied a headlock, but Miz fought out of it, shoving Edge against the ropes. As Edge hit the ropes, Miz went for a drop toe hold, but Edge took him down with a shoulder block. Miz punched the mat in frustration, then got to his feet and the two men locked up once more. Edge went for another headlock, but this time Miz hit a swift kick to the groin, then punched Edge across the back several times.

Nigel McGuinness: Miz with a cheap shot, but the referee didn't see it!

Mauro Ranallo: Speaking of cheap shots... any idea what happened to Grado, Randy?

Randy Orton: I know nothing.

Back in the ring, Miz threw Edge out of the ring, then exited the ring and pulled Edge to his feet, throwing him into the ringside barrier. Miz punched Edge against the barrier several times, then threw him back into the ring. Miz slid into the ring and hit Edge with an inverted facelock backbreaker, followed by a neckbreaker. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Edge kicked out! Miz pulled him to his feet and dragged him towards the corner, slamming his head off the turnbuckle. Miz punched Edge in the corner several times, then stepped back, hitting the Awesome Clothesline. Edge fell to the mat and Miz hooked the leg once more – 1... 2... Edge kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Impressive resilience here from Edge!

Miz sat Edge up and hit a series of elbows to his neck and shoulders, then applied a sleeper hold. Edge fought out of it, and as both men got to their feet, Edge lifted Miz up, hitting a flapjack. Both men got to their feet once more, and Miz swung a right hand at Edge, but Edge blocked it and took Miz down with a Russian legsweep. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Miz kicked out! Edge pulled Miz to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes, before taking him down with a big boot. Miz looked dazed as he got to his feet, and Edge set him up for the Edgecution, but Miz countered it into a schoolboy. The referee counted – 1... 2... Edge kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Miz almost stole a victory there!

Both men got to their feet, and Miz set Edge up for the Skull Crushing Finale, but Edge blocked it, then hit the Edgecution! Miz stumbled to his feet, and Edge charged towards him, hitting the Spear! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! Edge wins!

Randy Orton: Never in doubt, Mauro.

Orton left the announce table and slid into the ring. Orton and Edge then celebrated together as Warfare went off the air.