Warfare Results 01/04/2021

Ben M

Warfare Results 01/04/2021

Post by Ben M »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening and welcome to the first Warfare of 2021! Tonight, we are live from the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana! It's our first time in New Orleans for almost two years, and it's great to be back!

Nigel McGuinness: It's a great city, Mauro, and we have some great matches lined up for you this evening! Kicking things off, we've got the new number one contender for the Women's Championship, Tam Nakano, in action as she goes one on one with a former Women's Champion, Raquel Diaz.

"Toreador II" by Apocalyptica hit and the crowd booed as Raquel Diaz made her way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: And here comes Raquel Diaz, who we haven't seen much of recently. Interesting that she's not using Kingdom's theme tonight.

Nigel McGuinness: Why would she use Kingdom's theme, Mauro? This isn't about Kingdom, didn't you hear Raquel's interview? As far as Raquel Diaz is concerned, this match is her chance to make a statement and prove she deserves a shot at the Women's Championship.

Mauro Ranallo: Well she has a chance to book a championship match at Wrestlemania if she wins the women's Royal Rumble on January 31st... and we've been informed that her opponent tonight, Raquel Diaz, will get her opportunity to challenge Trish Stratus for the Women's Title at the Royal Rumble! I'm excited for that.

When Diaz was in the ring, "Violet Kung Fu Girl" hit and the crowd cheered as Tam Nakano made her way to the ring, accompanied by P-Chan. As she reached the ring, Nakano placed P-Chan in the corner, then rolled into the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Interesting that Tam Nakano is letting P-Chan be in her corner tonight, unlike at Christmas Eve of Destruction when he joined us on commentary. Not that he had much to say...

Mauro Ranallo: Knowing Alexa Bliss, Nigel, she probably would have ripped P-Chan's head off if she'd gotten hold of him! Although thinking about it, I wouldn't put that past Raquel Diaz... did you see the way she threatened Renee Young?

Once Nakano was in the ring, the referee called for the bell and the two women locked up. Diaz set Nakano up for a gut wrench suplex, but Nakano blocked it and hit a double leg takedown, then locked Diaz in a sleeper hold. Diaz fought out of it and as both women got to their feet, Diaz whipped Nakano against the ropes. As Nakano ran back towards her, Diaz took her down with an arm drag, before stomping on Nakano several times. Diaz then grabbed Nakano by the legs, going for a Boston crab... but Nakano kicked her away and got to her feet. Diaz went for a clothesline, but Nakano ducked out of the way, then hit a roundhouse kick! Diaz fell to the mat, and Nakano made the cover. The referee counted – 1... 2... Diaz kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Great fast-paced back and forth action to start this match!

Nakano pulled Diaz to her feet and hit her with a forearm smash. Diaz stumbled backwards, then retaliated with a forearm smash of her own! Nakano went for another forearm smash, but this time Diaz blocked it, and slapped Tam Nakano across the face! The crowd made an "oooooh" sound as Nakano rubbed her cheek. Diaz smirked at her, but Nakano wiped the smirk off her face by chopping Diaz hard across the chest! Diaz cried out in pain, and Nakano went for another roundhouse kick... but this time Raquel Diaz ducked out of the way, before taking Nakano down with a snapmare. As Nakano sat up, Diaz kicked her across the back, then applied a reverse chinlock. Nakano was able to fight out of it, and as she got to her feet she set Diaz up for a suplex... but Diaz countered it into a small package! The referee counted – 1... 2... Nakano kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: You wouldn't think this is the first time these two superstars have wrestled, Nigel... they seem to have each other well scouted!

Both women got to their feet and Diaz whipped Nakano against the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. As Nakano got back to her feet, Diaz hit her with a swinging neckbreaker, then followed up with a leg drop. She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Nakano kicked out! Diaz looked frustrated, and she stomped on Diaz several times, then pulled her to her feet. She hit Diaz with a vertical suplex... then rolled it into a second vertical suplex!

Nigel McGuiness: Raquel Diaz going for the Three Amigas here... will it be enough to put Tam Nakano away?

Diaz hit the second suplex, then rolled into a third... but as she lifted Nakano up, Nakano landed on her feet behind Diaz and hit a bridging tiger suplex! The referee counted – 1... 2... Diaz kicked out just before the 3! Both women got to their feet, and Nakano hit Diaz with a series of kicks, knocking her down to the mat once more. She then took several steps back and signalled for the Violet Shoot! As Nakano waited for Diaz to get to her feet, a new entrance theme began to play...

You don't have to love me,
You don't even have to like me,
But you will respect me.
You know why? 'Cause I'm a boss.

The intro to "Bossy" by Kelis was followed by Jim Johnston's "Time to Rock & Roll", and the crowd cheered as Trish Stratus stepped out onto the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: And here comes the Women's Champion, with her new theme! Trish Stratus wants to take another look at the number one contender!

Tam Nakano looked towards the stage, wondering what Trish Stratus was going to do. Trish stood at the top of the ramp, holding her Women's Championship and watching. Nakano turned her attention back to Raquel Diaz, who was now back on her feet. Nakano charged towards her, going for the Violet Shoot... but Diaz moved out of the way! Nakano missed with the running knee, and as she turned around to face Diaz, she was met by another vertical suplex! Diaz then lifted Nakano up over her shoulders, and hit her with the Gory Bomb! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! Raquel Diaz hands Tam Nakano her first loss in EBWF!

Mauro Ranallo: Nakano lost her focus when Trish came out here, and she's paid the price!

The referee called for the bell and raised Diaz's arm in victory. Diaz saw Trish standing at the top of the stage, and she pointed to the title, then to herself, as if to say she wanted a shot. Trish smirked, shook her head, then walked back through the curtain. Raquel Diaz continued to celebrate her win as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, the scene opened with colorful lettering on the screen saying “Firefly Fun House” accompanied by a Children’s TV jingle...

The camera then showed what appears to be a children’s TV studio set – with blank bright blue walls, and a large white door.

Just then, the door creaked open and none other than Bray Wyatt revealed himself!

*CHILDREN CHEER AND CLAP*

Bray entered the room and closed the door, smiling. He was wearing a bright red woolly jumper and black jeans.

Bray Wyatt: DID YOU MISS ME?

*CHILDREN SCREAMING YESSSSSS!!!!*

Bray Wyatt: Let me be the first to introduce all of you to the FIREFLY FUNHOUSE!

*CHILDREN YAAAY*

Bray Wyatt: This is a very special place and we’re all going to have such great times together! You’re all safe here with me...

Bray chuckled, then continued speaking.

Bray Wyatt: Oh hey kids, do you want to meet some of my new friends?

*CHILDREN CHEER!*

Bray Wyatt: LOOK...

The camera panned to each in turned as Bray introduced his "friends".

Bray Wyatt: Here we have Ramblin’ Rabbit, Huskus The Pig, Abi the Witch and last but not least Mercy the Buzzard! YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THEM and they will love you too!

*CHILDREN YAAAAAAY*

Bray's smile then turned to a frown.

Bray Wyatt: Hmmm NOW... As you MIGHT remember... I used to be a very naughty man.

*CHILDREN BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

Bray Wyatt: BUT... that stupid old nincompoop is gone forever. I’M A GOOD MAN NOW!

*CHILDREN YAAAY*

Bray Wyatt: However, I am still very sorry for what I did and I still need to make amends. I NEED to put things right with everyone in EBWF.

Bray scratched his head and then a light bulb appeared above his head...

**TA DAAAAA!!!***

Bray Wyatt: Ahhaaa! That’s it! THE ROYAL RUMBLE! 29 other wrestlers and me! All at once! I can tell them all at once how sorry I am for what I did back in the olden days!!

*CHILDREN CHEER*

Bray Wyatt: So, EBWF friends, I am hereby entering myself into the 2021 Royal Rumble! Of course, that’s if you’ll... LET ME IN?!

Bray smiled mischievously.

Bray Wyatt: GOODBYE!!!!!! SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!!!!

Bray waved and giggled uncontrollably as Firefly Funhouse ended. The show cut back to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

MATCH TWO

Nigel McGuinness: Well that was certainly... interesting. A very different Bray Wyatt there, Mauro!

Mauro Ranallo: Indeed, Nigel... I found it unnerving. Nevertheless, Bray Wyatt is back in EBWF and he is officially the first superstar to enter himself into the men's Royal Rumble match!

Nigel McGuinness: Do you think Ramblin Rabbit, Huskus the Pig and Mercy the Buzzard will enter too? Together with P-Chan, they could make it the most unique Royal Rumble we've ever had...

Mauro Ranallo: Indeed. Anyway, it's time for our main event... the Women's Champion Trish Stratus is in action against Alexa Bliss, who we're told has three broken ribs from her Christmas House of Fun match against Tam Nakano at Christmas Eve of Destruction.

Nigel McGuinness: I'm surprised she's been cleared to compete, Mauro... but despite her injuries, she will be determined to defeat Trish Stratus tonight. Like every other woman on the EBWF roster, she wants to earn a shot at the Women's Title!

"Spiteful" by CFO$ hit and the crowd booed as Alexa Bliss made her way to the ring, her ribs heavily bandaged. When Bliss was in the ring, "Time to Rock & Roll (with Bossy intro)" hit for the second time that evening and the crowd cheered as Trish Stratus headed to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: We saw Trish Stratus scouting the number one contender for the Women's Championship, Tam Nakano, earlier and her presence appeared to distract Nakano, costing her the match. It will be interesting to see if Nakano makes an appearance in this match...

After Trish had entered the ring, the referee called for the bell. The two women locked up and Alexa took Trish down with a snapmare, then stomped on her several times. She pulled Trish to her feet and whipped her into the corner, then ran towards Trish, going for a corner clothesline... but Trish got her knees up and blocked it. Alexa stumbled backwards and Trish moved out of the corner, taking Alexa down with a clothesline. As Alexa got back to her feet, Trish hit her with a series of punches, then whipped her against the ropes. Trish took Alexa down with a hip toss and Alexa cried out in pain, clutching her ribs as she hit the mat. Trish then grabbed Alexa by the legs, going for the sharpshooter, but Alexa kicked her away and got to her feet. Trish grabbed Alexa, setting her up for a bulldog, but Alexa fought out of it and hit a snap suplex, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Trish kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Alexa with a near fall! She's not letting those injured ribs stop her!

Alexa pulled Trish to her feet and went to whip her against the ropes, but Trish reversed it, sending Alexa into the ropes. As Alexa ran back towards her, Trish took her down with a Thesz press, then hit her with repeated punches against the mat. Trish pulled Alexa to her feet and hit a neckbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Alexa kicked out! As Alexa got to her feet, Trish dragged her towards the corner, slamming her head against the turnbuckle. She then sat Alexa on the turnbuckle, before climbing the ropes and hitting a frankensteiner!

Mauro Ranallo: Incredible athleticism there by Trish Stratus! If Tam Nakano was watching backstage, she must have been impressed!

Both women got to their feet and Trish went for the Chick Kick, but Alexa ducked out of the way, then hit a reverse STO. Alexa followed up with the Insult to Injury, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Trish kicked out! Alexa cried out in frustration, then grabbed Trish's arm, applying a keylock... but Trish was able to get to the ropes. Alexa broke the hold and pulled Trish away from the ropes, then went to reapply the keylock. Trish fought out of it, then as both women got to their feet, Trish whipped Alexa against the ropes, before hitting a spinebuster. Alexa clutched her injured ribs again and Trish hit a knee drop, drilling her knee into the ribs!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! That must have hurt!

Trish pulled Alexa Bliss to her feet, then hit her with the Stratusfaction! She hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! Trish Stratus gets the victory!

The referee called for the bell and raised Trish's arm in victory. As Trish celebrated, Tam Nakano walked out onto the stage. Like Trish had done earlier, Nakano stood at the top of the ramp. Trish looked at her, and Nakano nodded, then applauded Trish. Smiling, Trish climbed the turnbuckle and held up the Women's Title, reminding Nakano that she was the reigning Women's Champion.

Mauro Ranallo: That's all we've got time for... see you next week when we will be live from San Antonio, Texas!