Warfare Results 01/18/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results 01/18/2021

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Pyro went off to mark the beginning of Warfare, and the crowd cheered as the opening video package played. The crowd at home then heard from Nigel McGuinness and Mauro Ranallo at the announce table.

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to EBWF Warfare.

Nigel McGuinness: We are just two weeks away from The Royal Rumble where one lucky man and woman will earn the right to headline Wrestlemania. Sure to be competing in the Women's Royal Rumble are the two women who will start off our show here tonight.

Newcomer, Eve Torres, was to the ring first, announced by Christy Hemme. The crowd sent up some boos as Becky's music hit and she came to the ring without Winter and headed straight to the ring. The referee rang the bell.

Mauro Ranallo: Here we go!

They locked up, and Lynch took her down. Eve fought up and applied a side headlock. Lynch fought out, blocked a dropkick, and kicked Eve in the midsection. Eve rolled out of the ring to recover. Lynch then hit her with a baseball slide. Eve beat her around ringside and throws her into the barricade.

Nigel McGuiness: I think that might just be making Becky angry!

Becky retreated to the ring, and Eve followed after her, working her over. Eve got a head-scissor by spiking Lynch on her head. That seemed to take the momentum out of Eve, who needed a moment to get up. Becky hit a pair of Bexploders. Eve came back with a roll-up for a two count, and Lynch immediately rolled through and applied the Dis-Arm-Her for the win.

Mauro Ranallo: That's it! Eve Torres taps out to Becky Lynch's Dis-Arm-Her, and we have to wonder, Nigel, will Becky be crowned the Royal Rumble winner in two weeks.

Nigel McGuinness: I know Trish Stratus is waiting to find out with the rest of us!

Becky had her arm raised as EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we've got take time action. EBWF legend Christian makes his return as he teams up with Kane to take on Chavo Guerrero and Elias Samson!

Chavo and Elias came to the ring first, followed by Kane and finally Christian. When all four men were in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Chavo and Kane moved onto the ring apron, allowing Elias and Christian to start the match. The two men locked up and Elias put Christian in a headlock, but Christian fought out of it and whipped Elias against the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Christian hit Elias with a suplex, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Elias kicked out! Christian pulled Elias to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes once more. As Elias ran back towards him, Christian went for a clothesline, but Elias ducked out of the way, then as Christian turned around, Elias took him down with a big boot. Elias stomped on Christian several times, then dragged him towards the corner and tagged in Chavo Guerrero. As Chavo entered the ring, Elias held him in place, and Chavo got several punches in before the referee ordered Elias to exit the ring. As Elias moved onto the ring apron, Chavo lifted Christian up, hitting the tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Chavo hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Christian kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Christian looks to be in trouble here... I think he needs to make a tag.

Mauro Ranallo: Getting Kane involved would certainly change the course of this match, Nigel... but Elias and Chavo are trying to keep Christian as far away from the Big Red Machine as possible. I can't say I blame them!

Chavo got to his feet and stomped on Christian several times, then tagged Elias back in. Elias climbed to the top rope, and after Chavo hit Christian with a brainbuster, Elias hit a diving elbow drop. Chavo then rolled out of the ring as Elias hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Christian kicked out! Elias looked frustrated and he sat Christian up, applying a reverse chinlock. Christian was able to fight out of it, and as both men got to their feet, they exchanged right hands back and forth. Elias was able to gain the upper hand, and he hit Christian with a stiff kick to the midsection, then set him up for the Drift Away... but Christian countered with a back body drop! Kane held his arm out for the tag, and Christian crawled towards the corner, tagging him in. Kane climbed over the ropes and as Elias got to his feet, Kane grabbed him by the throat, setting him up for a Chokeslam. Before he could hit it, Chavo entered the ring and ran towards Kane... but Kane grabbed him by the throat with his free hand, then lifted both men up, hitting a double Chokeslam!

Mauro Ranallo: Impressive display of power from the Big Red Machine!

Kane covered Elias, and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It's over! Kane and Christian get the victory!

Kane and Christian celebrated as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

The scene centered on a dressing room door. A "Mr. Ikeda" plaquard was displayed prominently, and the camera focused on a well manicured hand as it knocked on the door. The camera zoomed out to reveal Renee Young, standing, microphone in hand, looking expectantly toward the door. When it opened, Wes Ikeda stepped out, looking down at Renee without a word.

Renee Young: Mr. Ikeda, I've come to get your thoughts on...

Wes Ikeda: Last week's episode of Warfare. Really turned in to a whole thing didn't it?

Renee Young: More specifically, sir, your thoughts on Aiden English challenging you to a match at Wrestlemania. You haven't wrestled since Summerslam 2019, and...

Wes Ikeda: I'm well aware of the last time I was in an EBWF ring in front of a live audience, Renee. But just because I'm not wrestling on TV doesn't mean I haven't wrestled at all. My sparring schedule isn't in question here though. Your question was regarding Aiden English.

She nodded.

Wes Ikeda: So thoughtful, so generous, so very benevolent is our Drama King, isn't he?

Renee raised a questioning eyebrow.

Wes Ikeda: I mean, you heard him last week. Let me set the scene a little bit. Aiden English was going to try to leverage the power of the Kingdom at Christmas Eve of Destruction to retain the EBWF Championship. I simply went out there and put a stop to it. I simply went out there and said that if he was everything he said he was, he should be able to do it on his own. He got beat. And instead of looking inward. Instead of reflecting on what he needed to do to be better, he decided to put me in his crosshairs.

Renee Young: Yes, he said he was foregoing his World Title rematch at the Royal Rumble in order to...

He cut her off.

Wes Ikeda: I heard what he said, and what's interesting about that to me, is that apparently Aiden English seems to think that he's in charge around here. I know what his contract says. I've read it. I signed it. And he is entitled to a rematch, but it's when I choose. At the show I choose. So as exceptionally thoughtful as it was for him to forego his title rematch at the Royal Rumble, as was made painfully obvious by the end of Warfare last week, EBWF top brass already knew who our Royal Rumble number one contender was going to be, and it wasn't Aiden English.

Renee Young: Either way, the challenge still stands. Will it be Wes Ikeda and Aiden English on Sunday, March 28th at Wrestlemania twenty.

Wes seemed to contemplate that for a moment.

Wes Ikeda: No, Renee. I don't think it will.

Renee blinked, disbelievingly, searching for a new question, but no words came.

Wes Ikeda: You see, because Aiden English thinks he's some sort of fortune teller. He likes to predict what it is I will and won't do, and he doesn't even know me. When I will and won't lace up my boots isn't at his command. So, no, Renee. It won't be Aiden English versus Wes Ikeda at Wrestlemania twenty. I'll give you the scoop. I am officially declaring my entry into the Royal Rumble match. And I intend to win the whole thing, and let Aiden move even further toward the back of the line. Thanks, Renee.

Wes turned and entered back into his dressing room, leaving a speechless Renee in the hallway as the show went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, "Counting Bodies Like Sheep" hit and the crowd booed as Randy Orton made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, it's time for our main event. Randy Orton goes one on one with Chris Jericho!

Nigel McGuinness: Randy Orton recently became the longest reigning champion in EBWF history, but last week he announced his intention to finally cash in the Gateway Championship... he will challenge The Rock for the World Title in two weeks' time at the Royal Rumble!

Mauro Ranallo: You have to believe Chris Jericho is none too happy about that, Nigel... he still believes he is owed another opportunity at the World Title.

When Orton was in the ring, "Judas" by Fozzy hit and the crowd sang along as Chris Jericho headed to the ring. When Jericho was in the ring, he grabbed a microphone from ring announcer Christy Hemme, then signalled for his music to be cut.

Chris Jericho: Before we get this match started, there are a couple of things I'd like to say. First off, Randy... you know I've never liked you, but I have to admit... I did enjoy watching you and Edge pummel The Rock last week.

Orton smirked, and mouthed the words "you're welcome".

Chris Jericho: As for our match tonight, Randy, consider it a warm-up for the Royal Rumble... and for Wrestlemania. Because I will be entering the Royal Rumble, and when I win that match, I will become the first superstar in EBWF history to win the men's Royal Rumble match three times! So if you manage to beat The Rock at the Rumble, Randy, you'll just be holding onto that World Title until I take it from you at Wrestlemania.

Orton could be heard telling Jericho "we'll see about that", to which Jericho replied "indeed we will". Jericho then dropped the microphone, and the referee called for the bell. Orton and Jericho began circling the ring, and they were about to lock up when the arena lights went out.

Mauro Ranallo: What's going on here? Has there been a power cut?

A few moments later, the arena lights came back on, and The Rock was standing in the ring behind Orton! The crowd cheered, and as Orton turned around, The Rock grabbed him, hitting the Rock Bottom! The referee called for the bell, and the camera cut to Jericho, who was laughing. As The Rock got to his feet, Jericho applauded him, then held up his hand for a high five. The Rock raised an eyebrow, then smiled and to the delight of the crowd, he accepted Jericho's high five! Jericho then patted The Rock on the shoulder, and was about to exit the ring... but The Rock grabbed him, hitting another Rock Bottom!

Nigel McGuinness: For the briefest of moments, it looked like Jericho and The Rock were going to leave their bad blood in the past... but clearly The Rock doesn't want to be Jericho's friend!

Mauro Ranallo: I'm not sure he wants to be friends with anyone on the EBWF roster, Nigel... he's the World Champion, and that means more to him than anything else!

"Electrifying" hit, and The Rock climbed the turnbuckle, posing for the crowd as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote