Warfare Results - 05/03/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 05/03/2021

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Mauro Ranallo: Good Evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Warfare!

Pyro went off all over the staging area and the crowd cheered inside the Times Union Center.

Nigel McGuinness: We are coming to you live, from Albany, New York, and King of the Ring is on everyone’s mind as we hurdle toward that history making tournament!

“Rebel Heart” hit and Johnny Gargano came to the stage.

Mauro Ranallo: And these two men are sure to be in the tournament. We’ll get a sneak peek of what they have to offer as we kick off Warfare!

Once Gargano was in the ring “No More Words” hit and the crowd cheered for Jeff Hardy as he came down the ramp. Once the Charismatic Enigma was in the ring the bell rang and the match was underway. Gargano went after Jeff’s right knee but Jeff landed right hands as the referee broke it up. A back body drop by Hardy took Johnny down. Right hands by Jeff but Gargano got him into the corner. Jeff kicked him away and climbed the second rope but Gargano attacked Jeff’s right leg taking him down.

Mauro Ranallo: Johnny Gargano seems to know Jeff Hardy’s next move before he can even make it.

Gargano attacked Jeff’s right knee as he kicked him on the knee pad. Gargano sent Jeff to the ropes but Jeff dropped down to the mat. Gargano kept attacking the right knee. Jeff tried to go for a right hand as Gargano moved out of the way and Jeff was dropped onto the mat. Jeff backed up as Gargano ran toward him but Jeff threw him over the top rope and Gargano tried to land on the ring apron but fell onto the mat. Gargano backed up and with Jeff still in the ring, Gargano dragged Jeff’s right leg and slammed it onto the bottom rope.

Mauro Ranallo: Johnny Gargano is being ruthless!
Gargano continued to go after Jeff’s right leg. Johnny grabbed Jeff’s right leg but Jeff turned and kicked Gargano with his left leg. Hardy got up and hit the basement dropkick. He went for the cover but Gargano kicked out. Jeff picked Gargano up and slammed him face first onto the mat. He went for the cover but Gargano kicked out again. Jeff went for the Twist of Fate but Gargano got an overhead kick.

Nigel McGuinnes: I thought Hardy had it there!

Jeff moved back in the corner as he landed a back elbow onto Gargano. Jeff jumped off the top rope but he couldn't keep his balance because of all the damage that had been done to his leg, and he fell off. Gargano took the opportunity to go for a forearm, but Jeff moved quickly and landed a right hand of his own. He kicked Gargano down. Jeff tried to climb the top rope again but Gargano grabbed his leg and Gargano tied the leg up in a submission in the middle of the ring

Mauro Ranallo: Hardy is fighting with all his might! Jeff is reaching!

Hardy reached the bottom rope to break the hold, but Gargano went after Jeff’s right leg again, and kicked him downand kicks him down. Jeff got a kick to the face, and stumbled to his feet. Hardy landed the Twist of Fate on Gargano.

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over!

Nigel McGuinness: Jeff, what are you doing? Go for the pin!

Jeff climbed the top rope and landed the Swanton Bomb.

1…
2…
3!

Nigel McGuinness: Jeff wanted to put a punctuation mark on this victory and he’s done it!

Mauro Ranallo: How will he fare in the King of the Ring tournament?

Hardy’s hand was raised in victory as EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH TWO

As EBWF returned from commercial the crowd cheered as Christy Hemme began to announce the next match.

Mauro Ranallo: Next up we have women’s action.

“See Your Hands” hit and Taya Valkyrie made her entrance followed by Alexa Bliss. Hemme announced them both, and the referee got the match underway.

Nigel McGuinness: Here we go!

The bell rang, and Bliss quickly ducked a clothesline. They locked up, and Valkyrie applied a side headlock. Valkyrie hit a headlock takeover and shouted at Alexa. Bliss applied a head-scissor, but Valkyrie got out and got to her feet. Bliss smiled at her and adjusted her pigtails. Valkyrie bounced her off the turnbuckle and shouldered her. Valkyrie hit a running Valkyrie-body block for a two count.

Maura Ranallo: Taya almost had the victory there, but Bliss recovered.

Valkyrie hit a snap suplex for another two count.

Nigel McGuinness: Valkyrie relentless here.

Bliss got up with a jawbreaker and slapped away at Valkyrie before punching her down. Bliss enthusiastically celebrated and covered Valkyrie for a two count. Bliss dropkicked Valkyrie and stood on her. Bliss slammed her face off the mat a few times. Bliss then kicked her in the ribs for a two count.

Nigel McGuinness: Alexa can’t keep Taya down.

Bliss applied a body-scissor. Bliss got her up and signals for a DDT, but Valkyrie took her down with a neckbreaker followed by a cannonball. Valkyrie kicked her and hit a short-arm clothesline. Valkyrie avalanched her in the corner. Alexa got to her feet and rushed Taya. Alexa shoulder blocked Valkyrie down and smiles at her, before hitting her with a DDT. Alexa hooked the leg.

1…
2…
3!

Nigel McGuinness: A win for Alexa Bliss!

Mauro Ranallo: She’s a favorite to win the Queen of the Ring tournament and she’s showing off why here tonight.

Alexa’s hand was raised in victory before a Queen of the ring promo began to play.

Segment

Backstage we saw CM Punk in his locker room sitting in a chair reading a Batman comic while wearing his ice cream bar shirt. Christian Cage walked up to him wearing his Instant Classic t-shirt.

Christian Cage: Tough loss last week Punk.

Punk looked up from his comic.

CM Punk: Yeah, I lost last week. That happens sometimes. Even to jokers like The Miz.

Christian smiled.

Christian Cage: You know Punk, a few weeks ago on the Peep Show you said that you would prove that you've changed for the better, but I'm still not convinced.

CM Punk: What do you need to be convinced a match or something?

Christian smiled again.

Christian Cage: Actually, that's exactly what I had in mind. So how about you and me go one on one next week and you can prove you've changed?

Punk smiled.

CM Punk: You got a deal, but just know that next week you will find out why I am the Best in the World.

Christian Cage: Actually, you'll find out why I am the Instant Classic.

Christian smirked and left as Warfare went to commercial.

SEGMENT

When EBWF returned, the camera cut to the backstage interview area, where Renee Young was standing beside Leva Bates.

Renee Young: Good evening, EBWF Universe! My guest at this time is Leva Bates. Leva, you asked for this time to make a statement. Is that correct?

Leva nodded.

Leva Bates: Yes that’s correct, Renee. Could you hold the microphone there while I read my statement?

Renee looked confused, but did as Leva asked. Someone else off camera then handed Leva a clipboard. Leva looked down at the clipboard and began to speak.

Leva Bates: Thank you. Tonight, I am making a statement to address the alleged injustice regarding the EBWF Women’s Championship over the past few weeks. Becky Lynch has claimed that she won the triple threat match for the Women’s Championship at WrestleMania, and that therefore she is the rightful Women’s Champion. This is the second time in her EBWF career she has proclaimed herself as the “rightful Women’s Champion” despite the official EBWF records stating otherwise. Last time, Becky created her own championship, which was both pitiful and disrespectful to the actual Women’s Champion, which was Trish Stratus at the time. On this occasion, Becky has gone one step further, and stolen the Women’s Championship. This is disrespectful not only to the reigning Women’s Champion, Raquel Diaz, but also to the entire women’s division in EBWF, and it is especially disrespectful to me. You see, the real injustice regarding the Women’s Championship is that at WrestleMania, I won a fatal four way to become the new number one contender for the Women’s Championship, and yet I have not been given the title shot that I earned. It has been forgotten about while the side show with Becky Lynch and Raquel Diaz continues. In fact, this past weekend the entrants to the Queen of the Ring tournament were announced, and my name was on that list. This suggests that I will not be getting my title shot before the tournament starts next month. I do not think this is acceptable, and therefore I must protest the decision. Tonight, I am formally requesting that Becky Lynch does the right thing and returns the Women’s Championship to Raquel Diaz. She has not earned the title; technically speaking, she didn’t even earn the title shot she was given at WrestleMania. If Becky truly believes she is the “Rightful Women’s Champion”, she needs to earn the right to hold that title by winning the Queen of the Ring tournament and then going on to win the championship. I don’t need to do either of those things. I have already earned my championship match. I am therefore making a second request, to Raquel Diaz and the Women’s General Manager, Angelina Love. I formally request that I am given a shot at the Women’s Championship before the Queen of the Ring tournament starts, and if I win the title, Raquel Diaz can take my place in the tournament. If I lose the championship match, I will enter the tournament proudly, and give it my all. However if I am not given an opportunity to challenge Raquel Diaz before the start of the Queen of the Ring tournament, I will refuse to enter the tournament. It would not be right for me to enter the tournament and try to earn a title match that I have already earned. If these requests are not granted, I will take further action. Becky, Raquel, Angelina... you have been warned.

Leva looked at Renee, whose arm was hurting from holding the microphone up for so long. After confirming that Leva Bates had finished her statement, Renee withdrew the microphone.

Renee Young: Erm... okay... I think we’re done here. Mauro, Nigel, back to you at ringside.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we were due to have the Breakout Champion Raven in action against Kane… however after getting into a confrontation with several members of The Coalition on Twitter, Raven’s bodyguard Bad Luck Fale has asked to take Raven’s place in the match.

Nigel McGuinness: I’ve gotta say Mauro, I’m very excited to see Bad Luck Fale make his EBWF debut… although he’s going to have one hell of a fight on his hands against Kane!

“Shot ‘Em” by [Q]Brick hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Bad Luck Fale made his way to the ring. When Fale was in the ring, “Slow Chemical” by Finger Eleven hit and the crowd cheered as Kane headed to the ring. As Kane entered the ring, he held up his arms, then slammed them down, causing flames to shoot up from all four turnbuckles. As the flames went out, the arena lights came back up and Kane walked up to Bad Luck Fale, getting in his face. The referee called for the bell and as soon as the bell rang, the two men began exchanging punches back and forth. Kane gained the upper hand and whipped Fale against the ropes, but as Fale ran back towards Kane, he hit him with a clothesline, taking the Big Red Machine down. Kane sat up, but Fale hit him with a boot to the face, then stomped on him several times. Fale then pulled Kane to his feet and lifted him up onto his shoulders, hitting a Samoan drop. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… Kane kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Bad Luck Fale is showing he is not afraid of the Big Red Machine!

Fale pulled Kane to his feet and hit him with some more right hands, then whipped him into the corner before charging towards him, hitting a body avalanche. As Kane stumbled out of the corner, Fale grabbed him and threw him down onto the mat, then climbed to the top rope. Fale went for a diving splash… but Kane moved out of the way!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! That shook the ring!

Both men got to their feet and Kane hit Fale with an uppercut, then took him down with a big boot. As Fale got back to his feet, Kane lifted him up, hitting a backbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1… 2… Fale kicked out! Kane pulled Fale to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As Fale ran back towards him, Kane hit a powerslam, then hooked the leg once more. The referee counted – 1… 2… again Fale kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Tremendous display of strength by Kane there to lift up Bad Luck Fale… but Fale isn’t going down easy!

Mauro Ranallo: Bad Luck Fale is a fighter through and through, Nigel… he wants to take on Christian Cage and Maven in a 2 on 1 hardcore match!

Both men got to their feet and exchanged right hands back and forth. This time Fale was able to overpower Kane, and he hit him with a knee to the midsection, then went to set him up for the Bad Luck Fall… but Kane countered with a back body drop! As Fale got back to his feet, Kane grabbed him by the throat, setting him up for the Chokeslam… but Fale blocked it, slapped Kane’s arm away, then lifted him up with a two-handed chokelift and slammed Kane into the corner! Fale whipped Kane into the opposite corner then charged towards him, hitting another body avalanche. Fale pulled Kane away from the corner and set him up for the Bad Luck Fall… and this time he hit it! He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! An impressive debut for Bad Luck Fale… if I were in The Coalition, I’d want to steer well clear of this man.

Fale celebrated, then made his way to the back as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

When Warfare came back from commercial James Ellsworth was in the ring with a microphone.

James Ellsworth: Now last week I suffered a fluke loss at the hands of Maven.

The crowd cheered.

James Ellsworth: To prove that it was a fluke I've been allowed to come out here and issue an open challenge to anyone in the back. Come out here.

“Nation Of Violence” by Dale Oliver hit and the crowd cheered at the arrival of Samoa Joe who was wearing a black towel on his head.

Nigel Mcguinness: Oh my God! That's Samoa Joe. We haven't seen him in EBWF for a few years.

Mauro Ranallo: Samoa Joe is back! Could he have been the one behind the cryptic tweets?

Joe got in the ring and removed his towel to reveal tribal paint on his face as James Ellsworth looked on terrified. The ref rang the bell and Joe immediately ran over and threw Ellsworth into the corner before punching him in the face multiple times. Joe then walked a few steps before delivering a huge kick to the head.

Mauro Ranallo: Joe with the advantage so far.

Nigel McGuinness: He's wasting little time in this match.

Ellsworth had fallen into a sitting position and Joe walked to the right corner before he ran and kicked James in the head. Joe then put Ellsworth on the top turnbuckle and put him in a position so many have been in.

Mauro Ranallo: Oh no he's going for the Muscle Buster.

Joe hit the Muscle Buster and Ellsworth screamed in pain. Joe grabbed him and put him in the Coquina Clutch. Ellsworth immediately taped out.

Mauro Ranallo: Joe picks up a quick victory here tonight in his return.

Joe looked at the camera and mouthed the words "The violence has begun”.

Warfare went to commercial.

MATCH FOUR

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, “The Truth Reigns” hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Roman Reigns made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, it’s time for our main event… “The Big Dog” Roman Reigns goes one on one with former EBWF World Champion, Aiden English!

When Reigns was in the ring, “Moments” by Sevendust hit and the crowd booed as Aiden English headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, English taunted Reigns, and as the bell rang the two men exchanged right hands back and forth. Reigns was able to quickly overpower English, and went to whip him against the ropes, but English reversed the Irish whip, sending Reigns into the ropes. As Reigns ran back towards him, Aiden English hit a dropkick, then as both men got to their feet, English set Reigns up for a neckbreaker. Reigns blocked it, breaking free and shoving English into the corner. Reigns hit English with a series of shoulder thrusts in the corner, then followed up with a backhand chop. As English clutched his chest, Reigns took several steps back, then went for a corner clothesline… but English got his leg up and kicked Reigns away, then climbed to the top rope. English went for a diving crossbody, but Reigns caught him in mid-air and countered into a powerslam!

Nigel McGuiness: Great counter there by Roman Reigns!

Reigns hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… English kicked out! Reigns pulled English to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As English ran back towards him, Reigns lifted him up onto his shoulders, setting him up for the Samoan drop… but English countered into a DDT! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… Reigns kicked out! English pulled Reigns to his feet and hit him with a swinging neckbreaker, then headed to the corner and climbed to the top rope. English went for That’s A Wrap… but Reigns got his knees up and blocked it! As English clutched his back, crying out in pain, Reigns dragged him to his feet and lifted him up, hitting the Niagara Driver! He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1… 2… English kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Tremendous back and forth action thus far… you can tell both Reigns and English are determined to win this one!

Reigns pulled English to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then whipped him against the ropes. As English bounced back off the ropes, Reigns charged towards him, taking him down with a running clothesline. Reigns then threw English into the corner and hit him with a series of clotheslines in the corner, causing English to fall to the mat. As English tried to use the ropes to pull himself up, Reigns draped him over the bottom rope and rolled out of the ring, then hit the Drive-By! Reigns rolled English away from the ropes and hooked the leg – 1… 2… English kicked out! Reigns pulled English to his feet and set him up for the Moment of Silence… but English blocked it, countering with a bulldog! English followed up with a leaping leg drop, and as Reigns got to his feet, English set him up for the Director’s Cut. Before he could hit it, Reigns fought out of the cobra clutch, hitting English with a series of back elbow smashes. As English stumbled backwards, Reigns ran against the ropes, then charged towards English and hit him with the Spear! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! A huge victory for Roman Reigns!

The referee called for the bell, then raised Roman’s arm in victory.

Mauro Ranallo: What a match that was, Nigel… both of these men gave it their all, but it’s Roman Reigns who gets the win, building momentum going into the King of the Ring tournament which starts next week! A few more performances like that, and Roman might just take the crown.

Reigns continued to celebrate as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote