Warfare Results - 05/10/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 05/10/2021

Post by Ashlee »

SEGMENT

Warfare opened on Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness sitting at the announce table.

Mauro Ranallo: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Warfare! Tonight, we’re kicking off our King of the Ring tournament with four first round matches!

Nigel McGuinness: And, the draw has lead us to some very interesting match ups in the first round! Like Rey Mysterio and AJ Styles who will compete in the very first match of this years King of the Ring!

Mauro Ranallo: Then, Colten Gunn has a rough start to the 2021 King of the Ring when he takes on Bobby Lashley.

Nigel McGuinness: At least the Gunn Club didn’t have the awful luck of facing one another in the first round like the two men in our third match. Teammates Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa go one on one to determine which of them will get to continue in the tournament!

Mauro Ranallo: And, our main event will see Roman Reigns, fresh off his victory over Aiden English, take on Bray Wyatt!

Nigel McGuinness: What a night it’s going to be! On top of all these King of the Ring matches, Christian Cage and Maven are going to take on Bad Luck Fale in a HARDCORE HANDICAP MATCH! I don’t think this night could get any better!

“Geek” by MC Chris started to play in the arena and the camera cut away to the entrance ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: You may have spoke too soon! Last week on Warfare, Leva Bates made her feelings known about the state of the EBWF Women’s Division.

Nigel McGuinness: That’s right and she’s expecting some answers tonight!

Leva Bates stepped out onto the entrance ramp. With a microphone in one hand and a clipboard tucked under the opposite arm. She looked out across the EBWF Universe and started to make her way to the ring. Suddenly, the music cut out. Leva stopped halfway down the ramp and looked around. The tron lit up with an image of a bustling airport. The camera panned across the crowded airport until it found Raquel Diaz sitting in an empty row of chairs. She had on a navy suit and a little chauffeur hat. There was a rectangle of white cardboard laying across her lap. She smiled into the camera.

Raquel Diaz: I’m terribly sorry that I couldn’t make it to the XL Center to kick off Warfare! Sadly, my unfortunate business with Becky Lynch has me tied up a few miles away at Bradley International Airport. Leva, I didn’t want you walking around the arena tonight feeling like you weren’t shown the respect you deserve. The respect you earned when you made yourself the number one contender for MY title. You’ve done nothing to deserve that kind of behavior. In fact, might I say, I’m impressed with how you handled yourself last week on Warfare. Personally, I’d be happy to put this circus behind us and move on with building this division into the best division in professional wrestling. And furthermore, I agree that you shouldn’t have been placed alongside eleven other women in the Queen of the Ring tournament before you’ve even had a chance to cash in the opportunity you’ve already won. It was careless, reckless, and insulting! It needs to be corrected. It’s going to be corrected regardless of what it takes! But… In all honesty, I don’t expect Becky to do the right thing by you, me, or the other women of the EBWF. Clearly she’s been dodging me for weeks on end, letting some of her oldest and best friends take the fall for her. Watching from home as I’ve torn them apart one by one. In fact, it’s that business that drew me away from the arena tonight and made this first meeting less personal than it should have been. We’re going to work through t….

A loud ding sounded in the background.

Airport Announcer: Flight 1443 from Orlando, Florida now deboarding on gate A-6.

Raquel looked up at the ceiling.

Raquel Diaz: Looks like my business is going to be concluded real soon. When I wrap up here, I’m going to make my way to the arena. You and I can hash out the details of this title defense alongside Angelina Love tonight! You and I can get to rebuilding the respect that the EBWF Women’s Championship deserves. The respect it never should have been robbed of!

Raquel flipped over the cardboard square in her lap and stood up. The front side read “Sasha Banks”. Raquel winked and the tron went dark again. As “Geek” began to play again, Leva looked down toward the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: What a strange turn of events in the EBWF Women’s division.

Nigel McGuinness: You have to wonder what is going through the mind of Leva Bates right this moment.

Leva turned and walked back up the ramp.

Mauro Ranallo: And it looks like she is going to leave us wondering.

MATCH ONE

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, "Booyaka 619" by POD hit and the crowd gave a mixed reaction as Rey Mysterio Jr made his way to the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Welcome back! Up next, we've got the first match in the 2021 King of the Ring tournament, and it features a very different Rey Mysterio than the one you're used to. As you can see, Mysterio is no longer wearing his mask, and he explained why in a hard-hitting interview with Jim Ross earlier this week.

The show cut to a video of Mysterio removing his mask and proclaiming that AJ Styles would be "the first victim of the new, maskless, Rey Mysterio Jr." The camera then cut back to the ring, where Mysterio was pacing back and forth, awaiting the arrival of his opponent.

Nigel McGuinness: A lot of people might wonder why Rey Mysterio unmasking himself is so significant... in Lucha Libre culture, the mask is sacred, and Mysterio has worn a mask for almost his entire 32-year wrestling career. The only time he has been unmasked before was in 1999 when he was under contract in WCW, and back then he was forced not to wear a mask. We've already seen a new attitude from Mysterio in that interview with JR, and it will be interesting to see how that new attitude affects him in this match.

"Phenomenal" by CFO$ hit and the crowd booed as AJ Styles headed to the ring. When Styles was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Styles charged towards Mysterio, taking him down with a clothesline and stomping on him several times. Styles pulled Mysterio to his feet setting him up for a suplex, but Mysterio blocked it, then hit Styles with a series of knees to the midsection. Mysterio followed up with a series of right hands, before throwing Styles shoulder first into the ring post! Styles fell to the mat, clutching his shoulder in pain, and Mysterio pulled him to his feet, then shoved him back into the corner. Mysterio climbed to the second rope and hit Styles with 10 punches to the head, then climbed down and dragged Styles out of the corner before taking him down with a bulldog. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Styles kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Well this certainly is a different style of wrestling from Rey Mysterio Jr. He looks more like a brawler than the high-flying cruiserweight we're used to!

Mysterio pulled Styles to his feet and dragged him back towards the corner, then went to slam his head off the top turnbuckle. Styles blocked it and hit Mysterio with an elbow to the face, then lifted Mysterio up onto his shoulders, hitting the Ushigoroshi! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Mysterio kicked out! Styles pulled Mysterio to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then set him up for the Styles Clash... but Mysterio broke free and hit Styles with the Mysterio Express! He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... Styles kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Mysterio might be showing more aggression in this match, but he's still got that impressive technical ability that has brought him so much success in his career!

As both men got to their feet, Styles lifted Mysterio up for a scoop slam, but Mysterio countered it into a headscissors takedown. Styles landed on the second rope, and Mysterio ran against the ropes, hitting Styles with the 619! The crowd cheered in anticipation as Mysterio got onto the ring apron and jumped up onto the top rope, going for the West Coast Pop... but Styles caught Mysterio and him with a powerbomb! Styles then grabbed Mysterio by the leg, locking in the Calf Crusher!

Mauro Ranallo: Styles can be aggressive too... that Calf Crusher has caused serious damage to superstars in the past! Can Mysterio escape or get to the ropes? Or will he be forced to tap out?

Mysterio cried out in pain, but when the referee asked if he wanted to submit, he shook his head and reached for the ropes. He was able to crawl towards the ropes and grab onto the bottom rope, and the referee ordered Styles to break the hold. Styles shook his head and the referee began counting – 1... 2... 3... 4... Styles broke the hold just before the count of 5. As Styles got to his feet, the referee pulled him away from Mysterio, giving Mysterio a chance to get to his feet. Instead, Mysterio rolled out of the ring, giving himself a moment to recover outside the ring. Styles followed Mysterio to the outside and tried to throw him back into the ring, but Mysterio fought back, hitting Styles with a series of punches then slamming his head off the ring post! Styles was momentarily dazed, and Mysterio grabbed him, lifting him up and suplexing him onto the ringside barrier! As Styles fell to the ground, Mysterio climbed onto the ring apron and hit Styles with a diving leg drop. Mysterio then threw Styles back into the ring and hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Styles kicked out! Mysterio pulled Styles to his feet and hit a DDT, then climbed to the top rope. Mysterio went for a Frog Splash... but Styles got his knees up and blocked it!

Nigel McGuinness: A vital block by AJ Styles! Can he now swing the momentum in his favour?

Both men got to their feet and Styles hit Mysterio with a fireman's carry facebuster, then followed up with a springboard 450 splash. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Mysterio kicked out just before the 3! Styles looked frustrated, and after stomping on Mysterio several times, he pulled him to his feet and set him up for the Styles Clash. Mysterio blocked it, countering with a back body drop, then as Styles got back to his feet, Mysterio hit him with a hurricanrana. Styles landed on the second rope again, and Mysterio hit Styles with another 619! Mysterio then jumped up onto the top rope, hitting Styles with a Springboard Seated Senton! He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It's over! An impressive performance by Rey Mysterio... could shedding his mask lead him to the crown?

Mysterio celebrated, then made his way to the back as Styles recovered in the ring.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next we have another King of the Ring qualifying matchup.

Colten Gunn came to the ring first, looking primed for his match against the All Mighty Bobby Lashley. Lashley came to the ring to a chorus of boos which he ignored as he climbed in. The referee rang the bell.

Nigel McGuinness: Here we go!

Gunn attacked Lashley from behind in an attempt to gain the upper hand. Gunn punched away at Lashley before the referee backed him up, asking him to let Lashley out of the corner. Lashley came forward, and Gunn continued the attack. Gunn went for a Kimura Lock, but Lashley slammed him down.

Mauro Ranallo: Lashley getting his wits about him!

Lashley sent Gunn hard to the corner and elbowed him. Gunn came back with a head-scissor over the top rope. Gunn went to kick him from the apron, but Lashley put him in a fireman’s carry and wildly drove his head into the ring post.

Nigel McGuinness: The brutality!

Lashley continued the attack on Gunn. Gunn charged into a one-armed spinebuster from Lashley. Gunn fought up and kicked Lashley. Lashley hit a big back elbow followed by a clothesline. Lashley applied a chin lock, but Gunn fought up. Lashley bounced him off the top turnbuckle and punched him in the ribs. Gunn tried to fight back, but Lashley viciously punched him down. Lashley charged, but Gunn sidestepped him. Lashley quickly grabbed him and put him in the corner. Lashley threw Gunn down and charged, but Gunn fought back with an overhead kick.

Mauro Ranallo: Lashley can’t keep Colten Gunn down!

Gunn hit Lashley with a pair of running forearms before trying an exploder suplex. Lashley countered into a modified Dominator, but Gunn landed on his feet and connected with a flying forearm. Gunn hit a DDT for a one count. Gunn connected with a hard knee for another one count. Lashley cut Gunn off on the top rope and demolished him with a traditional Dominator. Lashley stood tall and tried to apply a Hurt Lock, but Gunn outsmarted him, quickly rolling forward to trip Lashley up and pin him.

1…

2…

3!

Mauro Ranallo: Are you kidding me?

Nigel McGuinness: Colten Gunn is moving on in the King of the Ring tournament.

Mauro Ranallo: Bobby Lashley can’t believe it!

Warfare went to commercial as Lashley pled his case with the referee.

SEGMENT

The scene opened backstage in the Coalition’s locker room. Alexa Bliss was wearing her Blissed off t-shirt.

Alexa Bliss: Rosemary, last week I proved that I'm better than your……your.....honestly, I don’t know what she is to you, but the point is, I beat Taya Valkyrie. Now I'm focused on you, because while the King Of The Ring kicked off tonight, the Queen Of The Ring, which you and I are part of, doesn't start until June. What that means is that I have plenty of time to take care of you.

Bliss smirked.

Alexa Bliss: Now Rosemary, I have no idea why you're after me. Judging by who you are, maybe you want to kill me or something. Well, it wouldn't be the first time some crazy bitch wanted to kill me. Anyway Rosemary, whatever your reason, our issue is something I plan to settle next week, because I challenge you to a match. Next week, I plan on beating you. Then I plan to go on to win Queen Of The Ring.

Bliss chuckled.

Alexa Bliss: See you next week.

The scene faded as Alexa waved to the camera and EBWF went to commercial.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Still to come, we've got two more King of the Ring matches – Tama Tonga versus Tanga Loa, and Bray Wyatt versus Roman Reigns. Up next though, we've got a hardcore handicap match as Bad Luck Fale takes on two members of The Coalition, Christian Cage and Maven!

"Shot 'Em" by [Q]Brick hit and the crowd booed as Bad Luck Fale headed to the ring. When Fale was in the ring, "Take Over" hit and Christian Cage and Maven made their way to the ring.

Nigel McGuinness: Bad Luck Fale was impressive in his EBWF debut against Kane last week... The Coalition may have a 2 on 1 advantage, but given how tough Bad Luck Fale is, and the fact that this is a hardcore match, I'm not sure there's much of an advantage at all!

Mauro Ranallo: Well as you said Nigel, it's a hardcore match. That means if the other members of The Coalition or The Balor Club get involved, there is no disqualifications. So it's not so much a handicap match as it is a war of two feuding stables!

Nigel McGuinness: Actually Mauro, I was speaking to people backstage before Warfare and I think it's unlikely we will see the other members of The Coalition or The Balor Club get involved in this match. My understanding is that Christian and Maven made it clear to the rest of The Coalition that they didn't want them to get involved, and Bad Luck Fale has given the same message to The Balor Club. Of course, anything can happen, so we'll see if the rest of The Coalition and The Balor Club can stay out of this one!

As soon as Christian and Maven entered the ring, they charged towards Bad Luck Fale and beat him down with a series of punches. After knocking Fale down to the mat, Christian told Maven to get a weapon, and as Maven exited the ring, Christian stomped on Fale several times. Outside the ring, Maven lifted up the ring apron and pulled out a trash can, which he threw into the ring. Maven then grabbed a kendo stick and re-entered the ring. As Christian picked up the trash can, Maven began hitting Bad Luck Fale with the kendo stick. Maven then pulled Bad Luck Fale to his feet, and Christian went to hit Fale over the head with the trash can... but Fale blocked it, then snatched the trash can away from Christian and threw it out of the ring. As Fale took Christian down with a clothesline, Maven swung the kendo stick at Fale, but Fale ducked out of the way, then grabbed both ends of the kendo stick and snapped it in half. Fale then grabbed Christian by the throat and lifted him up, slamming him onto Christian Cage!

Mauro Ranallo: Bad Luck Fale doesn't need any weapons from underneath the ring, Nigel... those hands of his are dangerous enough as a weapon!

Fale pulled Maven back to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then pulled Christian to his feet and whipped him into Maven! Both men fell to the mat, and Fale threw Maven out of the ring, then dragged Christian towards the center of the ring and lifted him up, hitting a powerbomb. He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1... 2... Christian kicked out! Fale pulled Christian to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, but Christian hit back with some right hands of his own, then whipped Fale against the ropes. As Fale hit the ropes, Christian hit him with a dropkick, sending him to the outside. Christian then ran against the ropes and hit Bad Luck Fale with a suicide dive! Outside the ring, Maven grabbed a steel chair at hit Fale across the back with it, then placed the chair on the ground. Maven pulled Fale to his feet and hit a DDT onto the chair, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Fale kicked out! Maven pulled Fale to his feet and tried to set him up for a reverse STO, but Fale blocked it and hit Maven with a headbutt, then threw Maven into the ring steps. At this point, Christian Cage attacked Fale from behind, jumping on his back and applying a sleeper hold. As Fale tried to fight Christian off, Maven picked up the steel steps and swung them towards Fale, drilling him in the ribs. Christian and Maven then threw Bad Luck Fale back into the ring, and Christian hit a leg drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1... 2... Fale kicked out! Christian pulled Fale to his feet, then Christian and Maven hit Fale with a double suplex. Maven then climbed to the top rope and hit Fale with a moonsault! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Fale kicked out!

Nigel McGuinness: Well the numbers game is certainly working to The Coalition's advantage... but Bad Luck Fale isn't going down easily!

Christian signalled for the Con-Chair-To, then ordered Maven to grab a couple of chairs. As Maven exited the ring and grabbed the chairs, Christian stomped on Fale repeatedly, trying to keep him grounded. Maven re-entered the ring with two chairs and handed one to Christian, then the two men stood either side of Bad Luck Fale, waiting for him to get to his feet. When Fale was up, Christian and Maven swung the chairs towards him... but Fale ducked out of the way! The two chairs collided with each other, and as Christian and Maven stumbled backwards, Fale turned to Christian, snatching the chair off of him. Fale drilled the chair into Christian's midsection, then hit Christian across the back with it. As Christian fell to the mat, Maven ran towards Bad Luck Fale with his chair... but Fale punched the chair, punching the chair into Maven's face! As Maven fell to the mat, blood began to pour from his nose.

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! Bad Luck Fale might have broken Maven's nose!

Fale turned his attention back to Christian, who was using the ropes to pull himself up. Fale grabbed Christian by the throat and lifted him up, hitting the Choke Lariat Slam! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1... 2... Maven broke up the count! Blood was still pouring from Maven's nose, but he pulled Fale to his feet and hit him with a series of punches, then went to whip him against the ropes. Fale reversed the Irish whip, sending Maven into the ropes before hitting a Samoan drop. Fale grabbed one of the steel chairs and placed it on the mat in front of Maven, then pulled Maven to his feet. Fale lifted Maven up over his shoulder... then hit a Tombstone Piledriver onto the chair! Fale made the cover and the referee counted – 1... 2... 3!

Nigel McGuinness: Bad Luck Fale wins! What a brutal match that was, Mauro.

The referee called for the bell and raised Bad Luck Fale's arm in victory. Fale celebrated, then made his way to the back. EMTs checked on Christian Cage and Maven as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

As Warfare returned from a commercial break, the camera cut away to backstage. Angelina Love was sitting at a desk, starring at Leva Bates and Raquel Diaz on the other side. Even though there were two chairs, both Bates and Diaz refused to sit.

Angelina Love: I understand that things are less than ideal right now.

Raquel Diaz: Less than ideal? Becky Lynch is hiding with MY title!

Angelina Love: I promise, I’m working to remedy that!

Leva Bates: Meanwhile, I’m being overlooked and put in the Queen of the Ring tournament.

Angelina Love: I didn’t miss what you had to say last week Ms. Bates.

Raquel Diaz: So if you know what’s going on around here, why aren’t we working to fix it?

Angelina Love: I’m doing everything I can. It’s a delicate situation.

Raquel Diaz: Delicate? That bitch has my title! I’ll burn this entire division to the ground if I have to!

Leva Bates: You didn’t wait around before putting Becky in that match at Wrestlemania.

Raquel Diaz: Which is why we’re in this situation to begin with!

Leva Bates: Yeah!

Angelina used her right hand to cover her eyes. She held up a finger toward the two women shouting at her. She sighed.

Angelina Love: If Becky chooses not to bring back that title, we’re talking about decades of prestige washed down the drain. I can’t allow that. So, I have to do what it takes to get her back here with the belt in hand. People have to see the exchange happen on television. I swear no one respects the amount of work that goes into keeping this train on the rails.

Raquel Diaz: The train is off the DAMN rails!

Angelina Love: Now, hold on…

Leva Bates: She’s not wrong!

Angelina uncovered her eyes and stared at Leva for a moment. She shook her head.

Angelina Love: Leva, you’ve earned your title shot. I’m not going to deny that. And, I am sorry for the way things have played out for you. Raquel, the title is rightfully yours. While, I don’t agree with the methods you’ve taken to try and draw Becky back, I do understand your anger.

Raquel Diaz: Thanks. I’m sure that might help some people but your words don’t fix this.

Angelina Love: You’re right. And, we’re going to fix it. Becky Lynch has until next week to relinquish the EBWF Women’s Championship to Raquel Diaz. If she does not, she will be suspended indefinitely.

Leva Bates: Great. That just leaves me standing in the cold.

Raquel Diaz: Leva gets the shot she deserved. That’s the only way this division improves from train wreck to main event. This whole situation has been a royal pain in the neck!

Angelina Love: You want main event? Give me something worthy of the spot and I’ll make sure that it’s yours. Becky Lynch has one week and so do you! Now, get out of my office!

The camera cut back to Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness at ringside.

MATCH FOUR

Tama Tonga defeated Tonga Loa via pinfall.
(No RPs for this match. Moving someone on for KOTR bracket)

MATCH FIVE

“The Truth Reigns” hit the PA and Roman Reigns came to the stage for his KOTR qualifying match.

Mauro Ranallo: This one is sure to be interesting as we’ve seen a lot of Bray Wyatt as of late, and Roman Reigns is determined to move on in the King of the Ring tournament.

Reigns stepped into the ring, and turned his attention to the entrance.

Nigel McGuinness: What Paul Heyman is doing is…

Paul Heyman: Ladies and Gentlemen…

The crowd booed as Heyman came out from behind the curtain. Despite their boos, they followed along with his speech in unison.

Paul Heyman: My name is Paul. Heyman. And I am the advocate for…

”We’re really glad that you’re our friend…

Heyman looked beside himself as Firefly Funhouse Bray Wyatt came to join him on stage, waving wildly with both hands toward the crowd. Heyman lowered the mic, which faintly picked up their conversation.

Paul Heyman: Bray, you know who this crowd was expecting.

Bray Wyatt: Don’t be a ninny, Paulie. I’ve got this you silly!

Paul Heyman: Yes, but…

Bray didn’t let Paul finish, instead he flexed his biceps and moved past him toward the ring. He taunted Roman playfully as he got into the ring, and the bell rang. They circled the ring before locking up. Wyatt powered him to the corner and gave a clean break before taunting him again. They locked up again, and Wyatt hooked a side headlock. Reigns whipped him off and followed him into the ropes to surprise him with a shoulder block. Reigns applied a side headlock, but Wyatt fought out and put him in the corner. Reigns sidestepped a splash, but Wyatt quickly arched his back to startle him. Wyatt booted him before going to the second rope, but Reigns cut him off. Reigns got him on his shoulders, but Wyatt elbowed out before sidestepping him and sending him into the ring post shoulder-first. Wyatt forearmed him in the face for a near fall. Wyatt applied a chin lock, but Reigns fought up and fought out. Reigns hit a pair of clotheslines before ducking a clothesline and hitting a leaping clothesline. Wyatt quickly rolled out of the ring to recover. Reigns went for a Drive-By Dropkick, but Wyatt clotheslined him down on the apron. Wyatt then sent him into the ring steps.

Nigel McGuinness: You predicted the physicality in this one, Mauro!

Heyman yelled his encouragement to Bray. Wyatt gave Reigns a DDT on the apron, and they worked their way back into the ring. Wyatt applied a knee to the back chin lock. Reigns fought up and connected with a Samoan Drop. Reigns got him in the corner and started his clubbing blows, but Wyatt blocked one and went for a one-armed slam. Reigns got out and hit the ropes, but Wyatt charged him with a body block for a near fall. Wyatt got him in the corner and put him on the top rope before giving him an uppercut. Wyatt went for a superplex, but Reigns blocked it and punched him down. Wyatt quickly chopped the chest with Reigns still on the top rope. Reigns stunned him with some wild head-butts before sliding down from the turnbuckle and hitting a sit-out powerbomb. Reigns went for the pin.

1…

2…

Nigel McGuinness: No good!

Mauro Ranallo: Paul Heyman is beside himself!

Heyman was yelling more direction to Bray. Reigns slowly got to his feet and set up in the corner. Wyatt countered a Superman Punch into a uranage before immediately following up with a senton splash.

1…

2…

Nigel McGuinness: Another kick out! What a match!

Wyatt was so stunned Roman kicked out that he pointed and laughed at the Head of the Table. Wyatt set up for Sister Abigail, but Reigns countered into a roll-up for a two count. Reigns quickly floored him with a Superman Punch. Heyman put his head in his hands as Reigns hooked the leg.

1…

2…

Kickout! Heyman’s eyes grew wide.

Mauro Ranallo: Heyman can’t believe it! His associate beat the odds right there.

Reigns got to his feet and set up in the corner. Reigns went for a Spear, but Wyatt kicked him in the face and hit Sister Abigail! Wyatt went for the cover.

1…

2…

3!

Nigel McGuinness: A win for Bray Wyatt! He’ll face either The Rock or Samoa Joe in the second round.

Heyman was still shaking his head in disbelief as Bray jumped around excitedly in the ring as the Firefly Funhouse theme played. There was movement in the crowd and the fans cheered wildly as two men jumped the guardrail near the announce table. Bray clasped his hands together, doing the here here motion on either side of his head.

Mauro Ranallo: Rated RKO! Bray thinks the cheers are for him.

Edge slid in under the bottom rope while Bray’s back was still turned. He crouched in the corner and called for the spear while Heyman motioned wildly trying to get Bray’s attention. Wyatt turned around right into the devastating move, and collapsed onto his back. Orton was on the outside looking on.

Nigel McGuinness: Edge has had enough.

Edge mounted Wyatt and began pummeling him as Heyman watched, dismayed. Suddenly, the lights flickered.

Randy Orton: Adam!

Edge was not deterred and continued to clobber Wyatt in the face and upper body with closed fists. The lights flickered again, this time remaining off for a longer amount of time.

Randy Orton: Adam, let’s go!

Wyatt was trying to get his hands up, and Heyman was furiously attempting to call Edge off as the Rated R Superstar’s fist came down on Bray’s face. Suddenly, a popping sound was heard and half the lights in the arena went off. Edge got in one more good shot, before Randy leaned half his body into the ring, and outstretched his arm to grab Edge around the ankle. He yanked him out of the ring under the bottom rope just as the lights went off completely.

Nigel McGuinness: Ladies and gentlemen, we are in complete darkness.

Mauro Ranallo: Edge was out of his mind. Did Orton get him out of the ring in time?

The ominous laughter of The Fiend filled the arena as the lights came back on. Bray Wyatt had disappeared from the ring, leaving Paul Heyman looking smug, and Rated RKO peering into the ring angrily.

Mauro Ranallo: Wyatt won this match against Reigns, but it doesn’t seem like Edge and Orton are through with Bray Wyatt yet.

Edge mouthed off to Heyman as EBWF went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote