Warfare Results - 07/19/2021

Ashlee
Site Admin

Warfare Results - 07/19/2021

Post by Ashlee »

MATCH ONE

Pyro went off in the United Center as the EBWF Crowd got to their feet.

Mauro Ranallo: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, we are LIVE from Chicago, Illinois and tonight’s Warfare is sure to be one for the ages!

Nigel McGuinness: Rated RKO will be in action here tonight! And our opening matchup could be the main event on any card, as we see Seth Rollins take on Brock Lesnar!

“Burn It Down!” brought the crowd alive as Seth Rollins came to the ring, playing to the audience before getting in under the bottom rope. “Next Big Thing” played next and The Beast Brock Lesnar stomped to the ring to meet his opponent.

The bell rings and Seth immediately begins talking trash to Lesnar, who grins at him before taking his gloves off. Lesnar charged and hit a powerful release suplex.

Mauro Ranallo: Rollins already clutching his ribs in pain!

Lesnar picked him up and slammed him into the corner. Lesnar then pulled him to the center of the ring and applied a bearhug. Rollins tried to get away, so Lesnar clubbed him in the spine. Lesnar choked him on the middle rope. Lesnar picked him up and slammed him into the corner again. Lesnar charged for a shoulder thrust, but Rollins moved. Lesnar hit the ring post shoulder-first. Lesnar was on the apron, so Rollins kicked him into the commentary table. Rollins hit a suicide dive, got back into the ring and hit a second one. Rollins went for a third, but Lesnar caught him and wildly ran him into the ring post spine-first!

Nigel McGuinness: Lesnar is firmly in control here.

Lesnar walked around ringside and cleared off the Spanish Language commentary table. Lesnar turned into a superkick from Rollins.

Nigel McGuinness: I think our colleagues over there had better get out of the way!

Mauro Ranallo: Lesnar is laid out on that table!

Rollins went to the top rope, stood on the ring post, and hit a frog splash from the ring post to the commentary table! The table broke into pieces, sending Brock straight through. Lesnar was gasping for breath, and a “Holy Shit” chant went up from the crowd.

Nigel McGuinness: These men have broken themselves in half!

The two men feebly worked themselves to their feet, and back to the ring. Lesnar rolled inside to break up the count, but remained on his back. Rollins went to the top rope and hit a frog splash. Rollins got up and sized Lesnar up before hitting a big Stomp! Rollins went for the pin.

1…

2…

Kickout!

Mauro Ranallo: Rollins cannot believe it!

Rollins went for another Stomp, but Lesnar countered into an F5 attempt. Rollins got out by landing on his feet and super kicked Lesnar! Rollins followed up with a Stomp, and hooked the leg.

1…

2…

3!

“Burn It Down!” blared from the PA.

Mauro Ranallo: Seth Rollins has slayed the Beast! What a matchup!

Nigel McGuinness: I don’t think this will be the last we see of these two Superstars.

Rollins hand was raised in victory as Warfare went to commercial.

SEGMENT

The camera panned backstage finding Jeff Hardy walking down the hallway as he got ready to face Christian Cage. He stopped and looked at two crew members looking at him.

Jeff Hardy: You got a problem?

Crew member: No sir.

Jeff resumed his walk, when a hand grabbed his shoulder.
The camera widened to show the hand belonged to Bobby Lashley.

Bobby Lashley: They may not have a problem but I do. Jeff your attitude has alienated everyone on the EBWF roster, and quite frankly I've had enough of hearing about how much your life sucks. Now, I'm not a therapist but I can sure as hell help you with your problems. Although, I don't think you want that.

Jeff turned his head to look at Lashley.

Jeff Hardy: Is that a threat?

Bobby Lashley: No, just a warning.

Bobby let go of Jeff's shoulder and Jeff continued his walk to the ring.

MATCH TWO

Mauro Ranallo: Up next, we’ve got the number one contender for the Breakout Championship, Christian Cage, in action, as he goes one on one with King of the Ring finalist Jeff Hardy!

Christian Cage made his way to the ring first, and the crowd cheered as he headed to the ring. Jeff Hardy came out next to a chorus of boos.

Nigel McGuinness: Jeff Hardy has upset a lot of people with his attitude recently… including Bobby Lashley it seems!

When Hardy was in the ring, the referee called for the bell. Christian ran at Hardy, going for a clothesline, but Hardy ducked out of the way, then hit Christian with a series of punches. Hardy whipped Christian against the ropes, before hitting a dropkick. As both men got to their feet, Hardy set Christian up for a snap suplex, but Christian blocked it and got behind Hardy, hitting an inverted DDT. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… Hardy kicked out! Christian pulled Hardy to his feet and whipped him into the corner, then hit Hardy with a series of backhand chops. Christian pulled Hardy out of the corner and went to whip him into the opposite corner, but Hardy reversed the Irish whip, sending Christian into the corner. Hardy then ran at Christian, hitting the Poetry in Motion! As Christian stumbled out of the corner, Hardy took him down and hit a double leg drop to the groin. He hooked both legs and the referee counted – 1… 2… Christian kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Great back and forth action so far!

Nigel McGuinness: You can tell there’s a lot of history between these two men, Mauro… they have great chemistry in the ring!

Hardy pulled Christian to his feet and hit him with the Twist of Fate, then climbed to the top rope. He went for the Swanton Bomb… but Christian rolled out of the way! As both men got to their feet, Christian hit a sitout inverted suplex slam, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1… 2… Hardy kicked out! Christian pulled Hardy to his feet and dragged him towards the corner, setting him up for a tornado DDT… but Hardy blocked it, then hit Christian with a superplex!

Mauro Ranallo: Mamma Mia! That shook the ring!

Both men were down, and the referee began counting – 1… 2… 3… 4… as the referee counted 5, Hardy began to stir. He got to his feet and stomped on Christian several times, then grabbed him by the legs and locked him in the Cloverleaf. Christian was able to get to the ropes… but Hardy refused to break the hold! The referee threatened to disqualify him, and began counting – 1… 2… 3… 4… Hardy released Christian just before the count of 5. Hardy then pulled Christian away from the ropes, and went to lock him back in the Cloverleaf, but Christian was able to kick him away and get back to his feet. Christian charged towards Hardy and took him down with a Spear, then pulled him to his feet and set him up for the Unprettier… but Hardy broke free, and hit Christian with a double knee backbreaker! Hardy then went back to the top rope and hit Christian with the Swanton Bomb! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… 3!

Nigel McGuinness: It’s over! An impressive victory for Jeff Hardy!

Mauro Ranallo: I’d be more impressed if he didn’t try and cheat his way to victory, Nigel.

Nigel McGuinness: He didn’t cheat! He used the referee’s five count to his advantage… that’s smart!

Hardy celebrated, taunting the booing crowd as Warfare went to a commercial break.

SEGMENT

Papercut by Linkin Park hit the PA system which caused the crowd to cheer, because the song could only signify one person. Alexa Bliss came out wearing her new Five Feet of Fury T-shirt and black pants.

Mauro Ranallo: It's been almost a month since we've seen Alexa Bliss. I wonder what she has to say.

Alexa entered the ring and grabbed a mic.

Alexa Bliss: After being gone for almost a month, I gotta say it feels good to be here.

The crowd cheered.

Alexa Bliss: Now during my little vacation, I've had a lot of time to think, and during that time I've realized that I have a problem with someone. That problem is something I'm going to address right now.
The person I'm talking about is none other than...Trish Stratus.

The crowd gave a mixed reaction.

Alexa Bliss: Trish you and I have history. In fact, one of the greatest nights of my career was Wrestlemania Fifteen. On that night, you and I went one on one with the Women's Championship on the line, and at the end of the night, I walked out with the Women's Championship. We were a part of the Queen Of The Mountain match at Summerslam 2018, and hell we were even in the main event of the first Warfare of 2021.Trish throughout our history, even if I didn't like you, I had respect for you.

Alexa shook her head.

Alexa Bliss: Unfortunately, I no longer have that respect for you. Because throughout this year, you have shown that you don't care about wrestling anymore. For example, a month ago, you were in the Queen Of The Ring tournament and when Winter was about to win, you had the chance to break up the pin, but you didn't do it. I can understand being burnt-out. A year ago I was burnt-out and I took time off after the Royal Rumble and didn't come back until October. But Trish, you continue to hang around so I don't think that's the case. Unfortunately, not only do you not care about wrestling, you don't care about the fans and I have the prime example to prove it. Let's go back to March 22nd, the final Warfare before Wrestlemania Twenty. Before I faced off with Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania, we were to have matches where we were going to pick each others opponents. Since Warfare was in Canada I decided to pick Trish Stratus as Ronda's opponent.

Alexa sighed.

Alexa Bliss: As many of you know the match never really happened, because when it was time to wrestle Trish refused to compete because as she put it, I don't decide when she wrestles.

Alexa smirked.

Alexa Bliss: Trish you're completely pathetic and if you have a problem with I'm saying right now I have no problem proving that The Goddess is better then the Quintessential Diva.

Alexa dropped the mic and walked to the back as Papercut played again.

MATCH THREE

Mauro Ranallo: Still to come, Rated RKO defend the Tag Team Championships against Roman Reigns and CM Punk in our main event. Up next though, we’ve got the Breakout Champion Raven in action as he goes one on one with Aiden English!

“What About Me” hit and the crowd booed as Raven made his way to the ring. When Raven was in the ring, “Kingdom” by All Good Things hit and the crowd cheered as Aiden English stepped out onto the stage.

Nigel McGuinness: It’s rare to hear Aiden English getting cheered by the EBWF Universe, but we are in his hometown tonight! Chicago giving a warm welcome to the former World Champion.

Despite being cheered, English ignored the crowd as he headed to the ring. Upon entering the ring, he locked eyes with Raven, and as the referee called for the bell, the two superstars charged towards one another, exchanging right hands back and forth. Raven was able to gain the upper hand, and he went to whip English against the ropes, but English reversed the Irish whip, sending Raven into the ropes before taking him down with a clothesline. As Raven got to his feet, English put him in a headlock, but Raven broke free and took English down with a Russian legsweep. Raven then stomped on English several times, before dragging him to his feet and whipping him into the corner. Raven ran at English, going for a corner clothesline, but English got his knees up and blocked it. As Raven staggered backwards, English climbed to the top rope, then hit Raven with a missile dropkick. Both men got to their feet and English hit a swinging neckbreaker, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1… 2… Raven kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: A strong start here by Aiden English! He wants to prove a point after losing to Chris Jericho at King of the Ring.

Nigel McGuinness: What are you talking about, Mauro? That match was unsanctioned… it doesn’t count as a loss!

English sat Raven up and applied a chinlock, but Raven was able to break out of it and as both men got to their feet, Raven hit English with a kick to the midsection, then took him down with a bulldog. Raven followed up with a leg drop, then hooked the leg. The referee counted – 1… 2… English kicked out! Raven pulled English to his feet, and hit him with a series of punches before whipping him against the ropes. As English ran back towards him, Raven went for a discus clothesline… but English ducked out of the way, then hit Raven with a back drop. As both men got to their feet, English lifted Raven up onto his shoulders, then hit a fireman’s carry spinebuster. He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… Raven kicked out! English looked frustrated, and he stomped on Raven several times, then applied an elevated Boston crab.

Mauro Ranallo: English is taunting Chris Jericho here by using the Walls of Jericho to try and defeat Raven…

Nigel McGuinness: That’s a Boston crab, Mauro. It’s a completely different move!

Raven tried to get to the ropes, but English dragged him back towards the center of the ring. The referee asked Raven if he wanted to submit, but Raven shook his head, then rolled over and kicked English away. As Raven got to his feet, English went for a big boot, but Raven ducked out of the way, then hit English with a clothesline. As English got back to his feet, Raven hit a knee to the midsection, then set English up for the Evenflow DDT… but English blocked it, using his shoulder to shove Raven into the corner! English ran at Raven, hitting a step-up high knee, then as Raven staggered out of the corner, English hit him with the Director’s Cut! He hooked the leg and the referee counted – 1… 2… 3!

Mauro Ranallo: It’s over! Aiden English gets the victory!

English celebrated, then made his way to the back as a promo for Summerslam began to play.

MAIN EVENT

Christy Hemme: It’s Time for the Main Event of the evening! And it is a tag team match for the EBWF World Tag Team Championships! Introducing first…

“Truth Reigns” hit the PA and Roman Reigns came to the state.

Christy Hemme: Introducing first, from Pensacola, Florida. He is the Head of the Table! Roman….Reigns!

Roman stopped halfway down the ramp as Cult of Personality hit and CM Punk did his usual taunt near the entrance.

Christy Hemme: And his tag team partner, from Chicago, Illinois he is C…M…Punk!

The tag team proceeded to the ring, and turned to await their opponents.

“YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME!”

Christy Hemme: And their opponents, they are the EBWF World Tag Team Champions, The Rated R Superstar Edge! And the EBWF World Champion, Raaaannnnnddddyyyyy Orrrrrton!

Mauro Ranallo: This is Edge and Orton’s 430th day as EBWF Tag Team Champions.

Nigel McGuinness: And there seems to be no end in sight for their reign.

Rated RKO got into the ring, relinquishing their titles to the referee and turning to their opponents. CM Punk stood, ready to start the match, and Rated RKO talked it over for a moment before Randy stepped onto the apron. The bell rang.

Mauro Ranallo: Here we go!

The two locked up and struggled with each other. Punk was whipped to the buckles but Edge missed the follow up attack as he looked over his shoulder.

Mauro Ranallo: What happened there?

Nigel McGuinness: Orton yelling at his partner to focus.

Edge caught one of Punk’s legs, but Punk slapped him and hit a back elbow to floor him.

Mauro Ranallo: Edge is a little off his game here.

Nigel McGuinness: Considering how often The Fiend has been inserting himself in Rated RKO’s matches, you can’t blame him for being a little skittish.

Punk hit some chops on the ropes. Edge came off the ropes and Punk met him with a knee lift, flooring the champion. Punk tagged in Reigns who hit a punch to the gut and then a hip toss. Reigns hit a body slam and followed it up with a power elbow and went for the cover.

1…

2…

Edge kicked out!

Mauro Ranallo: Orton is trying to get his partner back in this, and getting some help from the crowd.

Edge got to his feet, and stole a glance at the entrance ramp, but Reigns hit a DDT and pinned Edge again.

1…

2…

Mauro Ranallo: Edge kicked out, but another nearfall!

Edge rolled to the corner and yanked Reigns down on the buckles allowing himself to tag in Orton. Orton hit some upper cuts and floored the Big Dog. He mounted Reigns and began to punch away at his head. Orton said something to Edge about focusing, but a malfunction in one of the speakers above the Tron caused some static to pop, and Randy jumped back and turned toward the entrance way. Reigns came roaring back with an Irish whip and a vertical suplex before going for a cover. Orton struggled.

1…

2…

Nigel McGuinness: Kickout from Orton!

Reigns caught a thumb to the eye while stalking Orton in the corner. Randy pressed his advantage, punching away at Reigns’s face before hitting him in the gut and going for a slam of sorts, but only to have Reigns wiggle out and send Orton clattering off Edge and almost got a roll up out of it.

Mauro Ranallo: Rated RKO is imploding!

Orton flat backed Reigns and turned just as Edge was climbing back up to the turnbuckle. Edge threw out his hand and Randy hit the tag. Edge charged in, and Roman went for the inverted suplex but Orton caught him in the ropes and punched him right in the ribs. Edge dropkicked Reigns to the outside, and looked over his shoulder again, before he followed him to the outside and began working on the rib area of Reigns. Edge tossed Reigns back into the ring. Edge tagged in his Orton. Orton did the Garvin Stomp before jaw jacking with Reigns for a little while. Orton landed a stiff knee to the abdomen before going for a quick cover attempt. Edge tagged in and landed a boot to Reigns’ gut while Orton held him. Edge hit a chop before hitting a standing drop kick. Again, he went for the cover, trying to squeeze more energy out of Reigns. Orton tagged right back in and drove two knees into Reigns’s chest before going for another cover, but Reigns kicked out. Orton hooked his legs and slapped on a sleeper hold right in the middle of the ring.

Mauro Ranallo: Orton digging deep here!

Reigns used his power to get to his feet with Orton still on his back. He rammed Orton into the turnbuckle a few times and broke the hold. Orton tossed him into the ropes and hit a drop kick, before going to the corner to tag in Edge. Orton got out of the ring, and Edge followed after him to ringside. They talked something over for a moment and then moved to the apron. Randy reached down and grabbed the skirt of the apron, as if he was going to look under the ring for something. He paused and looked at Edge. Edge made a move toward the ring and hesitated too.

Nigel McGuinness: Rated RKO doesn’t care if they lose. They’re thinking about grabbing something from under that ring so they can end this thing!

Mauro Ranallo: But neither of them seems to want to lift up the ring apron! That is where the Fiend tried to drag them just a few weeks ago.

Reigns had crawled to the corner and tagged in Punk. Punk ran at full speed and took a suicide dive over the top rope taking out both members of Rated RKO.

Nigel McGuinness: Rated RKO was distracted and now Punk has them both dead to rites.

Knowing Edge was the legal man, Punk helped him back into the ring. Edge was on his back, and Punk went to the top rope for the Savage Elbow. He hit it, and then helped Edge up to try to go for the GTS. Orton broke up the party though, ducking under a punch and hitting a drop kick to the gut. Orton went back to the turnbuckle at the referee’s behest, and Edge rolled over and tagged Orton in. Punk was trying to get to his feet after the dropkick, and Orton came in looking for the…

Mauro Ranallo: RKO! RKO!

Nigel McGuinness: Randy Orton hooks the leg.
1…
2…
3!
Mauro Ranallo: Rated RKO has retained.

Nigel McGuinness: And there’s no time for celebration! They are out of here!

Indeed, Edge and Orton took their titles from the timekeeper’s area and left up the ramp in a hurry as Warfare went off the air.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote