Round 1

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Cory

Round 1

Post by Cory »

Backstage, Renee Young was standing by in front of a locker room that had an RKO logo banner placed on it. She took a deep breath, not particularly enthused at interviewing this particular EBWF superstar. With Drew the senior cameraman in tow, she tightly grasped her microphone and turned to knock on Randy's locker room door. There was no answer.

Renee Young: Oh come on, I have other things to do Randy.

She knocked again, more insistently this time. Again there was no answer.

Renee Young: Hurry up you irritating little--

The door opened quickly to reveal the former World Champ in an EBWF t-shirt and jeans.

Renee Young: --HHHHEEEYYYYY Randy! How are you doing?

Randy narrowed his eyes incredulously.

Randy Orton: What is this.

Renee Young: Nothing. I was hoping to get your thoughts on your opponent tonight in the first round of the Gateway Championship tournament.

Randy stared quietly at Renee just long enough to be noticeable. Then, he look down the hallway in both directions.

Randy Orton: Who's my opponent again?

Renee Young: You're serious, aren't you?

Randy Orton: All the time.

Renee Young: It's Bobby Lashley.

Randy stared at Renee Young silently for another short period of time that seemed like an utter eternity. Finally, Randy spoke up.

Randy Orton: Am I supposed to know who that is?

Renee Young: You've made it pretty clear that you're not supposed to know anything.

Randy Orton: I'm wounded, Renee. Would you have preferred I did another RNN bit this week about my opponent?

Renee Young: Less work for me.

Randy Orton: That's my point. You already do nothing around here. If I go and give you a break and film my own segment, what are you going to do? Sit at catering all day long?

Renee Young: About Bobby Lashley?

Randy Orton: Yeah, I know who he is. That giant slab of beef with wrestling tights? I'm going to keep this very short, and very simple. That way when Bobby Lashley sees this, his head won't explode. I've wrestled and beaten guys with more muscles than him. I've wrestled and beaten guys that were faster than him. I've wrestled and beaten guys that were more talented than him. I've CERTAINLY wrestled and beaten guys that were smarter than him. Granted, that's a bar you can walk over, but you get my point. I'm here because the EBWF brass wanted to introduce a little legitimacy to this Gateway Championship match. Without guys like Edge and I, this tournament would be the most pathetic thing that Wes Ikeda has created since he had kids.

Renee's eye widened, but she remained on topic.

Renee Young: If you are victorious in this match, there is the possibility that you would face your tag team partner, Edge, in the next round. Are you prepared to fight him?

Randy Orton: I'm prepared to embarrass Bobby Lashley and make him look like the biggest dope in the history of EBWF, and that includes Matt Sydal. Now, if you'll excuse me...

Randy turned back into his locker room and closed the door behind him without even so much as a nod. Renee cocked an eyebrow, looked at the cameraman, and shrugged. She started to walk away when the locker room door flew open.

Randy Orton: Oh hey, Renee?

She turned around and looked at him, thinking he may need a follow up to his interview. She extended the mic towards him.

Randy Orton: See if you can get a custodian down here to clean up my locker room. Someone left some creepy hand puppets in here and I'm not planning on putting on a show this week. Thanks babe.

Renee opened her mouth to respond angrily but the door slammed shut and Renee was left alone in the hallway as the scene faded to black.