Reinvented

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Reinvented

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened backstage at Warfare. Chris Jericho was in his locker room, watching a video of Matt Sydal. As the camera zoomed in on him, Jericho turned around and began to speak.

Chris Jericho: Matt Sydal... you say you are “reborn”, but as far as I can tell, you’re the same old Matt Sydal you’ve always been. A talented high-flyer, no doubt about that, but one who is guilty of believing their own hype. You’ve been wrestling for what, 19 years? I first met you in 2008, and you impressed me. But here we are 11 years later and I’m not impressed any more. Because you haven’t changed, Matt. You haven’t evolved. And as a result, the world has passed you by.

Jericho then grabbed the camera and turned it to face the opposite wall. On the wall were a series of pictures showing Jericho’s different appearances over the years.

Chris Jericho: I have been in this business for 29 years, and I am still the best in the world at what I do. And the reason I’ve been able to stay on top is because I’m constantly reinventing myself. You might have wrestled Chris Jericho in the past, Matt, but the man you’ll be stepping into the ring with tonight is not someone you’ll recognise. A few years ago, I would have approached a tournament like this thinking, “it’s not the World Title so I’m not interested”. But as the first and only ten-time World Champion in EBWF history, now I’m looking at that Gateway Title and thinking... “I’ve never been the Gateway Champion before”. This is a chance for me to be a champion again, to remind the world that while I may not be wrestling every week, I am still a force to be reckoned with. Don’t say I didn’t warn you, Matt. And if you still have any doubt about what I’m capable of... maybe pay Aiden English a visit and see how he’s doing.

Jericho laughed to himself as the scene faded.