Twenty-Nine Years

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Tony S

Twenty-Nine Years

Post by Tony S »

The EBWF.com logo flashed onto the black background as the video began. The black screen faded away, but the video did not get much lighter. There, in a dark room lit only about sporadic candles, stood Tommy End front and center. He has his hands clasped in front of him as the camera slowly zoomed in on his face.

Tommy End
”Do you feel that? Do you sense it?”

Tommy looked off to the side for a second with a smirk on his face. He shook his head and turned forward.

Tommy End
”You know there’s a World Championship just around the corner if Chris Jericho is around.. Let’s not talk like we don’t know what’s at stake.. The EBWF Gateway Championship leads to one thing.

The EBWF World Championship.

That’s why Edge and Randy Orton have both jumped back into the picture when everyone thought that they were done and gone.. But no.. Not when there’s a chance for any of them to get yet another shot at the EBWF World Championship. Everyone knows when there’s a chance to get a championship, Edge and Randy will always dust off the wrestling boots and get back into the ring. But not you Jericho..”

He paused for a moment before continuing.

Tommy End
”Twenty-nine years.. That’s what you said. You’ve been in this business, busting your ass for twenty-nine years. And if I recall correctly.. In those twenty-nine years, you’ve rarely given yourself time off. Most guys, they’d take a few years off here, a few years off there. They’d go home, sit around for a while till the well runs dry, but not you.

For twenty-nine years, we’ve seen Chris Jericho on our screens and we’ve not seen you grow through the decades, but we’ve grown ourselves along with you.. Here let me tell you a little story.

Back when I was a young lad.. No older than five or six. I remember watching you Jericho.. No, not like everyone else. No, in Holland, we didn’t WCW, so when I first laid eyes on Chris Jericho, it was when you had your little stint in New Japan. I watched as you took on some of New Japan’s younger talent, trying to make a bigger name for yourself. I thought you were something else.

Thought it was years later I found out about you donning the mask of the infamous... Super Liger.

Now that was a mistake.. But see, that’s you Jericho. In your twenty-nine years. You’ve gone out there, you’ve tried new things, and sure, sometimes you’ve made a mockery of yourself, but when you did, you just turned it around and reinvented yourself into something new. Something different. Something that the wrestling world has never seen before..”

Tommy paused again after praising Chris Jericho.

Tommy End
”But here we are, twenty-nine years later, and you’re still trying to reinvent yourself. You’re still trying to hold onto the only thing that makes you relevant. I mean, it’s not like your family will carry you on when you die. Sure.. Your kids will remember you. If they have grandkids in time, they’ll remember you. But slowly, generation after generation, you will fade away, except in the world of wrestling. Here.. You can be immortal. Here you can be remembered for centuries..

Thought I ask you Chris.. Is this how you want to be remembered?

I mean sure, you’ve still got another few years in you. You can probably continue on for a few another decade if you switch up your schedule to be like Wes Ikeda’s and only wrestle once, twice a year, maybe.. But in that time Jericho, the memory of the great Chris Jericho of the past. The man who invented himself and then reinvented himself time and time again.. That man.. He’ll be messed with a man who couldn’t give up the glory. A man who couldn’t realize that his time was up.”

The smirk grew back on Tommy’s face.

Tommy End
”However, after Warfare.. After I show you just what you in for if you want to reinvent yourself once more.. You’ll realize that you’re done. You will realize that it’s time for Chris Jericho to hang up the boots, and not for a few weeks, a few months, or even a few years..

After I’m finished with you Jericho, you will realize that the times have passed you by. There is a new era in wrestling, and as much as you want to try and compete in it.. You can’t.

See.. I tried to make you realize that last year when I eliminated you from the EBWF vs Legion battle, but you didn’t learn then. So now.. Now you get a fresh reminder. At Warfare, one on one, I will prove that where you might have built EBWF.. I’m here to demolish it. And where better to start than with it’s very own cornerstone.

You may have a tremendous twenty-nine years, but come Warfare..

Your time comes to an end.”

Tommy smirked once more before the black screen too over once more.
EBWF World Champion (PJB x2)(TE x1), EBWF Intercontinental Champion (PJB x1),
EBWF Path to Glory Champion (PJB x2)(CS x1), EBWF Tag-Team Champion (Corre x1)(CJP x1)(BR x1)(SDS x1),
EBWF Women's Champion (AB x1), EBWF Women's Royal Rumble (AB 2016, 2018)