Dynamite

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

Dynamite

Post by Ashlee »

A cameraman following EBWF’s favorite journalist, Renee Young, was moving swiftly down a hallway backstage. Renee was calling after a tall, blonde man who was walking away from her and whom was immediately recognizable to fans.

Renee Young: Edge?! Edge?! Can I have a word with you about your match tonight?

Edge slowed and turned around. He raised his eyebrow suspiciously.

Edge: You want to interview me? I thought there was a ban on Rated RKO interviews.

Renee Young: Um, I think it’s not so much a ban on the Rated part of Rated RKO as it is the um… RKO Part.

Edge: Huh, really? Weird.

Renee shook her head, but pressed on.

Renee Young: Speaking of Randy, you earned the right to face him tonight at Christmas Eve of Destruction in the a TLC4 match…

Edge: Earned the right? Let’s call it what it was, Renee. I was the last loser in a grueling gauntlet match and got pinned by Tommy End. I don’t call that earning the right. And I certainly wasn’t trying to get myself in a TLC4 match.

Renee Young: Some would say you are at a significant advantage…

Edge: Why, because I’m the innovator of the TLC match? I don’t recall there ever being fucking DYNAMITE in that match. It’s a little different. Do you think Randy gives a damn about protecting me from C4? In the last 15 years we’ve spent a pretty inordinate amount of time lighting things on fire and throwing them at each other. Cigarette butts, cigars, other cigarette shaped things…

He cleared his throat.

Edge: Paper Football.

Renee Young: Paper…football?

Edge: Yeah, where you fold a piece of paper to resemble an American Football and flick it at each other, but in our version the paper is on fire. Shooting bottle rockets at each other. Basically, no one is really concerned for the other’s safety. Regardless though, if he hurts me, I’m a daredevil who can take it. If I hurt him, Reddit is going to turn on me because he’s an EBWF treasure and a dad and shit.

Renee Young: You seem unusually… concerned…

Edge: It’s a pretty grueling match, Renee. A week after another grueling match. I don’t wrestle two Warfare’s in a row, what is this? Listen, the problem isn’t Randy. I’ve beaten him before…

Edge paused and looked toward the ceiling, thinking.

Edge: At least I think I have. I’ve been here a long time.

Renee finally cracked a smile.

Edge: I can beat Randy Orton. There’s just a lot of other variables at play at Christmas Eve of Destruction, weapons, a hyped up crowd, other people…

Renee Young: And if you do win, Edge, will you cash in the Gateway Title for a shot at the EBWF World Championship at the Royal Rumble?

Edge: You know, Renee, I’ve not decided, but when I do, you’ll get the exclusive.

He winked at her, and turned down the hallway, leaving her to sign off before a CEOD advertisement played.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote