Rumblings of Something Different

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Rumblings of Something Different

Post by Billy »

------------------------------------------------------------------
Uploaded to EBWF.net and the EBWF Youtube and Facebook Pages
The shot opened on an open field of snow, a dark blue tinted treeline in the distance. A breath of fog shot into frame as the camera tilted and panned as if walking. The camera dropped down to face the snow, a pair of hands buried themselves in front of it. A cascade of deep breaths followed. A burst of static filled the screen and when it cleared the white snow was suddenly three inches of dark green grass. The camera panned up on thick woods. Panic. The camera swung wildly from side to side. It rose and started running. Ragged breaths and panicked grunts provided the only audio cues. There were no animals, no snapping twigs and no background music. The camera came to rest at a tree, an arm raised against it. Panting. Static burst. The camera snapped up. The woods were gone, charred remains. The breathing intensified. Suddenly the camera tilted skyward to see the smoke rising into the air. Another burst of static. The black, smoke filled sky was replaced by drop ceiling tiles and pipes. The camera slowly lowered on a locker room door. The knob turned slowly, almost rattling. The door snapped open and Aiden English was standing on the other side. At least it looked like Aiden but with a long white beard, glasses and an eye patch over his left eye. The camera moved away staggering.

Old Aiden: Don’t be scared. I’ve been expecting you. Come in. You’re not alone anymore my child.

The older Aiden extended a hand that was met by the one behind the camera. He pulled the camera into the dark room and the sound of the door closing rang out in the darkness. The screen was black. Whispering voices filled the void. The shuffling of feet. The sliding of metal chairs on concrete floors. A cough. Then a light. It was blinding. Nothing was visible in the light because every shape was oversaturated. The outline of a person sitting in a chair was almost impossible to make out.

Aiden English (voice): Welcome home. You never need to be alone again!

The camera slowly stumbled toward the light. As whispered voices called it forward, urged it in the right direction. A hand was extended in front of the camera to protect it from unseen dangers. Suddenly a hand in the light took hold of the camera’s wrist and there was a loud gasp. The screen was filled with pure white and the video ended.

Chicago, IL
The Rehwoldt Residence
Shaul was sitting sideways on the couch, staring over the back of it at her husband at the tail end of making himself a protein shake. He had just returned from the gym and threw his gym bag on the floor beside the door. He took a drink and set the shaker down.

Matthew Rehwoldt: Honestly, I’m not sure what the plan is. Obviously everyone in management knows the reason you’re taking time off. Wes and Nattie are constantly asking about you and your mom. So, maybe the idea is to phase me off television for a while and give me some time off to prepare for life as a father. At this point the only way I have a big Mania Moment is if he puts me over End and I’m not sure that’s going to happen so soon.

Shaul Guerrero: Do they know you’re still hungry? Did you tell Wes that you still wanted that top spot?

Matthew Rehwoldt: Oh yeah, we’ve talked about it. I even requested to be put into the Rumble again but they’re going a different direction this year. You know, the direction that doesn’t have the two of us taking all the glory.

Shaul Guerrero: Good news is, you can’t get dumped over the top rope if you don’t enter!

Matthew Rehwoldt: Yeah. You make a point. You mess up a spot out of the ring and it could be a year off.

Shaul Guerrero: Besides, what’s so wrong about taking a little time away and coming back a new man? You’ve said yourself that your not feeling the supernatural angle they’ve had you working. Maybe this will give you a chance to reset. Bring back some of the pageantry from when you joined the company. You loved the Curtain Call stuff.

Matthew Rehwoldt: Well, there’s nothing wrong with taking time off to spend it with you! Who would have thought when I joined EBWF that one day I would have been Breakout, Gateway and World Champion. Who would have considered I could win King of the Ring? Who expected me to make history and go first to last at the Royal Rumble? No one! Oh, that’s real good. I think I’m going to use that.

Shaul Guerrero: Use what?

Matthew Rehwoldt: My experiences at the Rumble last year!

Shaul Guerrero: Wait. Are you planning your promo work out?

Matthew Rehwoldt: No?

Shaul Guerrero: You never turn off!

Matthew Rehwoldt: Anyhow, maybe it’s for the best if I put End over again. It cements him as a solid champion. It opens up for him to feud with someone less samey and it gives me some time with the love of my life… Besides, maybe I can talk to Jim and Paul and work something out. Seems like creative has been kind of flying by the seat of their pants around here lately.

Shaul Guerrero: Yeah, it was a hard year.

Matthew Rehwoldt: Havoc up and left, Holly up and left, a lot of new talent didn’t work out. Contracts weren’t right, timing wasn’t right, but you’re absolutely right. It was a shit year for storytelling in EBWF. We’re going to turn it around.

Shaul Guerrero: We? How am I going to help, look at me.

Matthew Rehwodlt: Oh honey, you’re my muse!

Shaul Guerrero: What a nerd!

Matthew Rehwoldt: I have an idea but I’m going to need to call in a few favors.

Shaul Guerrero: With who?

Matthew Rehwoldt: Lots of people!

House Show from Orlando, Florida
Aiden English had just finished up a match with enhancement talent. The winning effort still brought in a chorus of boos from the audience on hand. Aiden leaned over the top rope and called for a microphone. Soon someone handed it to him. Aiden scowled at the crew member.

Aiden English: Next time do it quickly. I’m not in the mood for lazy help!

Aiden swung his hand back over the top rope and walked to the center of the ring. He paced a small circle as he gathered his thoughts.

Aiden English: Well well well. What an ending we had to 2019! As you can see, I’m without title and back on the grind of fighting worthless pieces of shit from wherever this is! Are you happy?

The crowd cheered.

Aiden English: Yeah? You’re happy that the company is in the hands of Legion? You’re happy that your hopes and dreams rest in the arms of Lio Rush and well to be honest I forgot who the other champion is. It’s that bad and you’re all happy?

The crowd cheered again.

Aiden English: That’s because you’re a bunch of morons! Maybe I wasn’t the best champion. Maybe I got distracted. Maybe I let the crown go to my head. But, I’ve never been respected for everything I’ve done. I’ve never seen a bit of respect from my peers or from the shithead fans! The only person to ever show me some comradire around here turned out to be the secret member of LEGION and he and I have some unfinished business.

The crowd popped at the mention of Jimmy Havoc.

Aiden English: Now here I am. Back where it all started at the bottom of the barrel. Lowest rung on the ladder. I’m the foundation of the totem pole as it were. But, I refuse to stay in my place. I’m going to climb back up the damn ladder and I am going to prove once again that I am the best damn wrestler this company has. I ushered in the darkness and this Sunday at Royal Rumble, I’m going to kick its ass back out the door!

The crowd booed Aiden and he laughed.

Aiden English: You don’t think I have it in me. But, that’s because you haven’t seen all the things I have in me. You haven’t seen my lowest lows, my deepest depths. You haven’t seen what I am willing to do to get what I want. What’s the thing that the old Aiden liked to say? Oh yeah! By hook or by crook! Well, this time when End and I square off again I’m going to win. And I’m going to do it by death or by dishonor!

Aiden broke into laughter as “Moments” by Sevendust started to play. The crowd booed as he taunted them for several more moments before exiting the ring and walking to the back.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*