My Year

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

My Year

Post by Ashlee »

The early morning sunlight woke Trish before her alarm went off. She stretched out in the king size bed, but just when her hand moved to where Adam should have been, she realized she was alone. Before she opened her eyes she listened to the sounds of the room, but she didn't hear the shower, or the TV in the other room. She stifled a yawn, and forced her eyes open. She saw a piece of paper on Adam's pillow and grabbed it.

"Went to catch a workout with Randy. Meet you at the arena. Love you."

She smiled to herself, and put the piece of paper back down on the bed. Trish's favorite time of the year kicked off tonight. She knew she had fewer Roads to Wrestlemania ahead of her than behind her. So she had resolved herself to enjoy every minute of this one, with her friends, and with Adam.

She pulled herself from the bed and padded to the bathroom for a shower. She'd call a car to take her to the arena. She had plans for this year, and the Amalie Arena was just the beginning.

----------

Backstage in Tampa, Renee Young stood in front of the EBWF logo microphone in hand. She smiled brightly at the camera.

Renee Young: Good Afternoon EBWF Youtube Audience! I am Renee Young, and joining me right now is one of the women who will enter the Women's Royal Rumble! She is the Quintessential Diva, Trish Stratus!

Trish entered the frame to Renee's left, wearing her Wonder Trish t-shirt. Her hair perfectly coifed. She was all smiles herself.

Trish Stratus: It is my favorite time of the year, Renee! 15 women all stepping into the ring, and all for a chance to take on the Women's Champion at Wrestlemania. Sounds like a perfect opportunity for anyone besides Zahra Schreiber.

Renee Young: I take it that you don't like Zahra Schreiber?

Trish Stratus: It's not that I don't like her. I don't even really know her. I know that we both have terrible taste in men, and we both have staying power as champion. I just think that it's time for a little something new.

Renee Young: There is the possibility that Zahra will lose her championship to Shayna Baszler tonight?

Trish Stratus: Is there that possibility?

She chuckled.

Trish Stratus: So you're telling me that these women who can't make it in the octagon show up here and suddenly think they can be wrestlers? No. Zahra will take care of her, just like Zahra has taken care of everyone else. But what Zahra has to remember is that the Royal Rumble flips a switch in people. Wrestlemania is on the horizon. Wrestlemania is the biggest opportunity any of us will get. So it doesn't matter how unstoppable Zahra may have been before. The woman who wins the Royal Rumble has momentum that's hard to compete with. And I'm intent to make sure that I'm the woman who wins tonight.

Renee Young: You're coming in at Number 13 tonight...

Trish chuckled.

Trish Stratus: Well, it's a good thing I'm not superstitious isn't is? Number one, number 15, lucky number 7 or unlucky 13, it's all the same to me. There will be surprise entrants tonight, superstars of yesteryear. And the crowd will be excited to welcome them back, but the EBWF Crowd is smart. They know we were doing Women's Royal Rumbles before it was cool, and the opportunity for women in this company is one of the reasons I came here the first chance I got... however many years ago that was now. So whether the surprise entrants have been here before, or they're stopping by for an evening just to see what it's like, they're not going to be able to get one over on the women who perform for these fans week in and week out.

Renee Young: Charlotte Flair has drawn number one, and...

Trish Stratus: I don't mean to cut you off again, but Charlotte Flair? Is she back? Is she still calling herself the Queen? What a disastrous reign it's been. She has the last name and the pedigree to be something very special, but she lacks the dedication. I'd be surprised if she was still around come Wrestlemania, let alone in the Women's Championship matchup. And couldn't we say the same for Becky Lynch? All tough talk, no substance, and not an ounce of class. Charlotte and Becky have no respect for the women who came before them, and they're not nearly good enough to be so arrogant. Becky might be able to string a few wins together here and there, but she's inconsistent, and I can almost guarantee that she won't have a single new thing to say about me or any of the hardworking and dedicated women who have been posted our asses here in EBWF.

Renee Young: Sarah Logan is fairly new on the scene. And she'll be in the ring with her friends in The Riott Squad. How do you overcome that sort of onslaught?

Trish Stratus: We've all had to deal with being the underdog at one point or another, but the whole point of the match is that it's every woman for herself. Sarah, Ruby, Liv... they'll all show their true colors and turn on each other to take home the prize. My money is on Liv. If I had to guess who will last the longest? My money is on Liv. She's a better wrestler, and way more entertaining.

Renee Young: Alexa Bliss has had a lot of success here in EBWF...

Trish Stratus: And that's all in the past. Alexa Bliss is just your least favorite things about all the half decent female wrestlers you've forgotten you kinda liked. She's whiny, prone to mistakes, best friends with everyone until she isn't. I think her time in the spotlight has come to an end. And as much as it pains me to say it Velvet Sky, Torrie Wilson... both just filler. Talented filler, but not actual contenders.

Renee Young: Would you say the same about Zelina Vega?

Trish Stratus: I'm curious about what she's even doing here. I thought she was a part time valet for a quarter-time wrestler. Can she even get in the ring? I didn't know she could wrestler. I thought she just screeched like a banshee and rolled her Rs a lot. She's almost as insufferable as Nikki Cross. What happened to her? She was once the most feared woman in the locker room, and now she's barely an afterthought.

Renee Young: Just before you enter at number 13, Natalya will enter the Royal Rumble, any words for your friend?

Trish Stratus: Only the ones I've always said going into these things. It's every woman for herself, and I know when it comes to me and Natalya that either of us could be the best on any given night. I just want to welcome her back to the ring tonight, right before I throw her over the top rope and take my shot at Wrestlemania!

Renee Young: There you have it, Ladies and Gentlemen! Trish Stratus is entering the Royal Rumble tonight, and has her sights set on the EBWF Women's Championship.

Trish moved out of the frame, as Renee signed off and the scene faded to black.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote