Pretender

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Pretender

Post by Ben M »

The last Warfare before Wrestlemania XIX was over, and the crowd were clearing out of the Sprint Center. The EBWF ring crew were cleaning up the ring, where 30 minutes earlier Aiden English had powerbombed Chris Jericho through a table. Backstage, Jericho was watching the segment back with Wes Ikeda in the Chairman’s office.

Chris Jericho: Did you know when you booked me versus Aiden that it would make me the first guy to main event Wrestlemania for the fourth time?

Wes Ikeda shook his head.

Wes Ikeda: You know I don’t remember that sort of thing, Chris. You’re my history guy. Besides you’re the only one who’s been here since the first Wrestlemania... stands to reason you’d appear in more main events than anyone else. If anything it’s a little embarrassing that you’ve missed out on 15.

Chris Jericho: Well that’s rich, coming from the guy that’s booked himself in two of them!

Wes Ikeda: Hey, what can I say... I know what the fans want. Why do you think I let Aiden get the jump on you tonight?

Both men laughed, then watched as English powerbombed Jericho through the table and put a clown wig on his head.

Chris Jericho: I’ve got to say, I really like working with Aiden. He’s a good guy, fun to work with. Whatever happens on Sunday, I hope it’s not the end of our feud.

As always, Wes was careful not to give much away. Mainly because he hadn’t decided what would happen after Mania yet.

Wes Ikeda: We’ll see.

Chris Jericho: Does it seem a little crazy to you, to be putting on a show and filling an arena with everything that’s happening?

Wes nodded.

Wes Ikeda: It’s a little crazy, sure. But I’ve always been a little crazy... besides, you know I wouldn’t be doing it if I couldn’t ensure the safety of everyone involved. I just need you and Aiden to make sure you put on one hell of a main event, so people are talking about that rather than Coronavirus.

Jericho grinned.

Chris Jericho: You know what they say, Wes... fourth time’s a charm.

Jericho got up and left Wes’ office.

————————————————-

The scene opened in what appeared to be an abandoned parking lot. In the parking lot was a car with a smashed windshield - the very same windshield that Chris Jericho had powerbombed Aiden English through. Jericho was standing next to the car, admiring the damage he had done to it. As the camera zoomed in on Jericho, he began to speak.

Chris Jericho: I’ve got to admit, Aiden... you had me fooled. When I saw you standing there on Warfare, holding crutches and covered in bandages, I thought that was it. I thought I’d taken you out of the Wrestlemania main event. But believe me when I say this... I’m so glad that I was wrong.

Jericho laughed, then stared into the camera.

Chris Jericho: You see Aiden, I never wanted to take you out of the main event. Why would I? By doing that, I would be risking my Wrestlemania moment. No Aiden, I always wanted you to get to Wrestlemania, I just wanted to make sure you were broken when you got there. Now I know what you’re going to say, you’re still standing. You’re not broken at all. You’re resilient. But I don’t mean physically, Aiden... when I say I wanted to make you, I meant I wanted to break your spirit. I wanted to get inside your head. And that’s exactly what I’ve done, whether you want to admit it or not. Because you know that you’ve never faced anybody quite like me.

Jericho walked around the car, continuing to speak as he did so.

Chris Jericho: Over the past couple of years, Aiden, you’ve proved a lot of doubters wrong. You’ve made your way up the ranks - from Breakout Champion, to Gateway Champion, and now you’re a two-time EBWF World Champion. Main eventing Wrestlemania for the second year running. But I haven’t forgotten that you lost last year, and I know you haven’t either. Something like that tends to play on your mind... I should know, I’ve been there. Because it’s one thing to lose, but to lose on the biggest stage of them all? It’s the sort of thing that eats away at you, makes you doubt yourself. And I know what you’ve been telling yourself, Aiden.... you’ve been telling yourself how resilient you are. You’re thinking “sure, I lost at Mania, but then I won the World Title anyway. Twice!”

Jericho clapped slowly, sarcastically applauding Aiden.

Chris Jericho: Bravo, buddy. You beat The Miz! The only guy in this company who is more annoying than you are. That’s right, Aiden. I find you more annoying than Lio Rush! You can brag about beating Miz, you can brag about beating a Tommy End, but you and I both know that neither one of those are in my league. And neither are you. You’re the pretender, the guy standing at the top of the mountain against all odds, afraid of that moment when someone better comes along and takes the spot you don’t deserve. Well Aiden, to quote one Wade Barrett, I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news. That moment you’re so scared of? It’s happening tonight. You will walk into Wrestlemania as the World Champion, but you will walk out a broken man. A two-time loser, while I will be celebrating my ELEVENTH World Title. Surpassing my own legend once again.

Jericho climbed on top of the car and began celebrating as the scene faded.