Tomohiro Ishii vs Chris Jericho

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Chris

Tomohiro Ishii vs Chris Jericho

Post by Chris »

Purpose: To respond to post-match media involving match with Pac / To promote match with Chris Jericho

SCENE OPENS

Press Conference – KAWASAKI, JAPAN
Wednesday 13th May 2020 15:00

Due to popular demand in Japan, a press conference has been called. Tomohiro Ishii is sat at a table, looking relaxed. He is wearing a smart suit and sunglasses indoors. There has been a buzz amongst the wrestling fans in Japan after Tomohiro made his successful debut in EBWF by defeating Pac. Tomohiro has made the over 8000-mile journey from Denver, Colorado to Kawasaki, Japan in order to share this special victory with his closest family and friends, which he will do at the conclusion of this media session.

AUDIO/VIDEO
*Flash photography from the press*
*Dialogue in Japanese - ENGLISH SUBTITLES *

Journalist #1:
Good afternoon, Tomohiro. Firstly, congratulations on your debut victory for EBWF. How are you feeling?

Ishii:
I am feeling good, a little tired from the travel of course, but otherwise I am good.

Journalist #1:
I bet, and thanks again for attending this short press conference. Can I get any comments first about your match with Pac?

Ishii:
Sure. I am happy with my victory and I couldn’t have wished for a better start. Pac shouldn’t get too disheartened though. He is a warrior and will bounce back.

Journalist #2:
Tomohiro, at the weekend you will fly out to the United States once more, and no offence to Pac, your challenge will be considerably tougher, as you are scheduled to go one on one with EBWF legend and current World Champion Chris Jericho. What are your thoughts?

Ishii:
Yes, well, the news broke whilst I was 37,000ft above the North Pacific Ocean! When I heard the news, my first instinct was to tell the pilot to turn the plane around and get me back, as the adrenaline was still coursing through me after my debut victory, but that may not have been a very popular decision with the other 300 passengers! Again, when I landed at Tokyo Haneda Airport just this morning, people were asking me about Chris Jericho and wishing me good luck. I’d only just landed and was looking forward to three or four relaxing days before flying back out! As far as a match with Chris goes, it will be a challenge, that’s for sure!

Journalist #2:
I think that is an understatement. Not only will it be a challenge, it’ll pit you as an underdog, a position that you are not too familiar with. Do you agree?

Ishii:
I think you are correct. In New Japan Pro Wrestling and whilst touring the independent scene, I have always felt like an odds-on favourite and I would back my ability against anybody, on any given day. Yet, I have to agree, Chris Jericho is one of the best wrestlers in the world, a once in a generation talent, a multi-time EBWF World Heavyweight Champion, and that immediately pits me as the underdog in the eyes of many.

Journalist #3:
To follow on from that, you don’t sound too convinced, do you think you can beat Chris Jericho?

Ishii:
It will be tough. I will bring with me the same indomitable spirit that has been part of my DNA for 25 years. I will bring the spirit and honour of the Japanese people and I will bring unlimited determination to next Monday’s battle on EBWF Warfare. Chris Jericho is certainly going to know he’s in a fight with one of the toughest men that he’s ever encountered. Win, Lose, or Draw.

Journalist #3:
With respect Tomohiro, you still haven’t given the Japanese wrestling fans an answer. Do you think you can beat Chris Jericho? Yes or No?

(Ishii takes off his sunglasses and stares piercingly at the reporter)

Ishii:
YES….and don’t be surprised if I do! The Japanese fans know how tough I am. Instead, the surprise of Tomohiro Ishii defeating the EBWF World Champion should be reserved for the EBWF Universe. I can picture the shock and awe right now as the referee’s hand hits the mat to count 3 and my hand gets raised in victory. The seismic shockwaves are almost tangible, and those shockwaves would spell out the fact that The Stone Pitbull has arrived! ……Now, I hope that answers your question! So, if you’ll excuse me, I want to go home and spend some time with my family before turning my focus to Chris Jericho next Monday!

(Ishii stands up and bows to the room as a sign of respect for the meeting which has now smoothly run its course. Ishii is not promising victory, but as always, he is promising to bring the fight- END SEGMENT)

CLOSE
BRAY WYATT
Ben M

Re: Tomohiro Ishii vs Chris Jericho

Post by Ben M »

Good RP, Chris! Felt very legitimate :) Good luck!
Chris

Re: Tomohiro Ishii vs Chris Jericho

Post by Chris »

Thank you. I really enjoyed your RP as well, Ben. I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's RP's tomorrow and I'm glad to be here.
BRAY WYATT