A new leaf

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Cory

A new leaf

Post by Cory »

Renee shook her head. She was not looking forward to this interview. Renee cautiously knocked on the door and waited, a non-plussed expression on her face. The door opened and Randy Orton walked into view, wearing an RKO t-shirt and jeans. Clasped around his waist was the EBWF Gateway Championship. He looked down at Renee, a smirk growing on his features as Renee looked right back at him, arms folded.

Randy Orton: Renee. Been a long time. Get tired of seeing me to RNN segments?

Renee Young: You going to be nice?

Randy Orton: You have my word.

She narrowed her eyes, clearly not entirely believing her long time antagonist. Finally, through gritted teeth, she responded.

Renee Young: Fine. So, Randy... tonight you are participating in the first round of the King of the Ring tournament. As a two time King of the Ring winner--

Randy Orton: Two-time consecutive King of the Ring winner.

Renee's eyes narrowed to slits as she glowered at her interviewee.

Renee Young: As a... two-time consecutive King of the Ring winner, you're used to this tournament. This time however, it's a unique situation since the first round are all triple threat matches. How does that affect your strategy going into tonight?

Randy Orton: I have to be honest with you, Renee. I am amazed that I have any kind of preparation for this match. Not just because of the fact that it's a triple threat, but because I have no idea who these people are.

Renee Young: Did you not do any research on your opponents, Elias Samson and Slyck Wagner Brown?

Randy Orton: Oh I sure did. I understand Elias played guitar in college, and so EBWF thought that would be a cool person to give a job to. It must be tough to make decisions as an executive around here. And Slyck? Did you know that Slyck was a wrestler? I didn't. This man is forty years old, did you know that? Forty years old and he's signing a new deal like he's some fresh faced prodigy.

Renee Young: Randy... you're forty. You turned forty in April.

Randy Orton: Astute observation. The difference is I'm Randy Orton forty. He's sit-at-home-and-wait-for-phone-calls forty. You know the difference, right Renee?

Renee Young: I think I get your point.

Randy Orton: Do you know how I found out that Slyck Wagner Brown is forty? I looked it up on his Wikipedia page. That's right, Renee. I went to the Evan Borne school of wrestling studies to find out anything about this guy. And seriously Renee, this dude has like two paragraphs in his Wikipedia page. It's a barren wasteland in there. The guy hasn't done a damn thing in wrestling and he's forty, getting signed by clearly the most profitable wrestling company in the world, since they're just cutting checks to every Tom, Dick and Slyck out there.

Renee Young: Is it possible you're underestimating two wrestlers who could surprise you?

Randy Orton: Anything is possible, I guess. A starving artist and an aging never-was versus the longest reigning World Champ in EBWF history, current tag team champion and current Gateway Champion. Seems like a match that's rife with the opportunity of an upset.

He smirked and leaned down towards Renee and her microphone.

Randy Orton: Face it, Renee. On any day in this company, I'm outclassing whoever is opposite the ring of me. And that is against talent that's worth a damn. But tonight? These two who-the-shits are going to compete for the most ridiculous signing that Wes Ikeda has literally ever put to paper. But Renee, to prove what a classy King I'm going to be, I'm going to do something completely unexpected.

Renee Young: And what's that?

Randy Orton: I'm going to end this interview with you on a positive note, and not mess with you today.

Renee Young: I'll believe it when I see it, Randy.

Randy Orton: Trust me, this is the start of a new era. I'm turning over a new leaf, as far as you're concerned. Everyone else, including the two nobodies I'm wrestling tonight, get the pleasure of the same ole Randy Orton. A boot to the skull and a trip to a "local medical facility". But for you?

Randy extended his hand.

Randy Orton: No hard feelings.

Renee, completely flummoxed, slowly reached out and shook Randy's hand. Randy gave her a wink and walked back into his locker room, closing the door behind him. The camera faded on the picture of Renee looking around like she was being Punk'd.