Another legend falls from Infamy

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Damian Priest

Another legend falls from Infamy

Post by Damian Priest »

Fade in. There are a lot of buildings and people walking around. People pushing carts, just going about their everyday lives. One person stops, a man of Asian descent that looks to be in a rush to go somewhere. All of a sudden he runs into a rather tall figure as he bows, very apologetic over his actions.

"Me so sorry, mister."

It's none other than Damian Priest wearing his usual getup, looking to be eating noodles from a bowl.

"This is good, no wonder you people are so fond of this stuff."

The guy is about to walk off but Priest stands in front of him.

"Hey, I do have a question for you since you did decide to run into me and I always figured people of your stature usually are more considerate. Have you ever heard of a man that goes by Tomohiro Ishii?"

That name instantly brings a smile to the guys face, nodding intently.

"Oh yes, yes. Very much. Well respected, good wrestler! One of my role models!"

That instantly brings upon a shocked look on Priests face.

"Respected? For losing, right? I mean, didn't he lose to Chris Jericho a few weeks ago? He had that big press conference and with all his people there in attendance and after all that, he just goes and loses to some washed up, intolerable clown that thinks he can sing. This business is all about making an impression ... An Impact and that's what I did when I beat a troll and a Mexican legend who couldn't lace my boots. Maybe back in his day but ... That's a conversation for a different day. Back to this Ishii ... What's so special about him? Other than him barely grasping the English language?"

The guy responds, clearly ignoring everything Priest said.

"Heart." Touches his chest "Passion. Respect for his people and for the wrestling industry. Man of few words but actions are like a lion!"

As Priest eats some of his noodles, he spites some of it out, finding the mans statement to be somewhat funny.

"A lion? Get out of here! Maybe a fat, over-imaginative, over-hyped and overexposed example of a dying Lion then we'll have that conversation but we are talking about a guy like Tomohiro Ishii going one on one with a man with power, height, the smarts and the drive to beat people down and make them eat their words. There are not many that can hold a candle to me, not even your .." Makes a disgusted look "Ishii. The food is great, the place is decent but the wrestler? The wrestler people talk about having some of his best matches against guys like Kenny Omega. The only reason why people are talking about matches like that is because I haven't even gotten started yet!"

Priest looks quite annoyed at Ishii's name but the guy looks at his watch.

"Me go, late to work!"

He runs off as Priest rolls his eyes, not exactly thrilled with someone walking off on him. Fade.

===============================

We are back. We are at a what seems to be a press conference. There are lots of men and women there, taking pictures but of what or who is not yet known. Then from the backroom out comes a guy in a suit and tie, standing at the podium.

"Ladies and Gentleman, this man has requested this time to introduce himself to our people as he will face Tomohiro Ishii at Warfare in a few short days in the King of the Ring Quarter Final. Please welcome, Damian Priest."

The man walks off, sitting down to the side as next out comes Damian Priest in dark shades, his vest and takes his position at the Podium staring at the reporters in attendence.

"It's your honor for introducing me. Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Damian Priest and I am the Archer of Infamy and the newest and most exciting EBWF signee this sport has today. Talent like me don't come everyday. Tall, dark, handsome ..." Rubbing his face "Talented, powerful, smart and just a source of inspiration to all. When you think of men like me, you think of the President of the United States. You think of Martin Luther King leading a group of brave men and women to a civil rights movement. You think of change. You think of ... Champion. Now please, let me just get this off my chest."

Taking off his shades, addressing Ishii's people.

"Tomohiro Ishii is a great talent, I will admit that much. He has had great five star matches with Kenny Omega in a epic series of matches. Shingo Takagi in what many said was a five star match. Jon Moxley, one of the more recognizable names in US professional wrestling. What do you say about those matches? Great matches ... All losses. And all you people do is worship the ground this man walks on. Why? Because he's bald? He's one of your people? He gets walked on by others because of his so called respect and gratitude for wrestling? Nobody loves and respects the art of wrestling more than me. Let's get that out of the way now. I've grown up watching the likes of Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, or someone you may be more familiar with, Antonio Inoki. The man that put New Japan Wrestling on the map. But yet he's forgotten about because Ishii is the flavor of the month. It's just a vicious cycle isn't it? You start getting comfortable; you start feeling content ... You lose your place in line and that's where men like me step in to pick up the slack."

The reporters aren't exactly thrilled with Priests speech as he realizes this and decides to change topics.

"Anyway, any questions?"

Priest puts back on his shades, sitting down. As the first reporter stands up.

"Mr. Priest, you have listed a lot of great legends. What makes you feel you are apart of those names?"

A sly smirk grows across his face.

"Because I've been preparing for this moment and time for quite a long while since my arrival from Ring of Honor and NXT. Don't get me wrong, great promotions to work for. New Japan Wrestling is a great promotion to work for but what separates them from where EBWF is that they have one of the hottest, most athletic, most gifted talent on their roster today and you're looking at him. Next question."

The next reporter stands, ready to ask his question.

"You list all of Ishii's failures but what about amazing feats like winning his first ever Never Openweight title in NJPW? Or his win against Kushida? These are feats not shared by many."

Sighing, Priest is visibly getting to Damian.

"Sure, all great which will make my victory over Ishii that much more sweeter. I will etch my name in EBWF's record books as THE MAN that defeated Tomohiro Ishii in the Quarter finals of a tournament that many people are banking on him to win. I hope he brings his best. I hope all that respect and gratitude is on full display so when I knock him flat on his back, people will know my name. They will know, I was the man that conquered another legend in my second ever match here. Now that ... Is a feat not talked about by many. Interview ... Over!"

He flings his shades off the podium, walking off. Fade out
Chris

Re: Another legend falls from Infamy

Post by Chris »

Hi, Good Roleplay. I have enjoyed everything you have posted so far. I am about to reply now and have used your Roleplay to structure mine in places - my RP is a bit intense haha, no knock on how your worded yours,, it's just the direction I wanted to take. I hope that is ok and within the rules. All the best for the match. I have a bit of an idea for our characters if you want to chat about it on Private Message. Many thanks, Chris.

Twitter: @turnerchriss
BRAY WYATT
Damian Priest

Post by Damian Priest »

Sure, go right ahead. I want you to rip on Priest as much as you can because that's what his character is all about that I'm trying to portray. I liked your roleplay and enjoy when someone can take things from my roleplay and incorporate it into their own. It serves two purposes for me. You took the opportunity to read mine and to enhance what you have to say about Priest. I'll get in contact with you shortly
Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Love seeing y'all work together! Looking forward to seeing what you cook up!
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote