Home to Roost

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

Home to Roost

Post by Ashlee »

Canada was beautiful this time of year, and Lacey found herself grateful for her opportunity tonight at the Pacific Coliseum. She could hardly believe her luck at beating Britt Baker the week before. Her performance, of course, wasn’t luck, but being new she hadn’t expect to move on in the tournament. Now tonight she found herself wanting to go farther and defeat Becky Lynch. Doing so would take her to the finals of the Queen of the Ring tournament. She pulled her rental vehicle into the parking area of the arena, and cut the engine as she saw a production assistant in an EBWF Staff shirt approaching her car. She stepped out.

Assistant: Good afternoon, Ms. Evans.

Lacey Evans: Hello!

She popped the trunk, and he went to grab her bags.

Lacey Evans: Thank you, kindly.

Lacey’s off-screen accent still had a hint of southern drawl, but it wasn’t put on like it was when she was in character.

Assistant: The women’s locker room is straight down the main hall when you walk in. I’ll take these there. You’re wanted in production for a promo.

Lacey Evans: Thank you, young man. I appreciate it.

Lacey took a compact out of her bag and reapplied her lipstick before making sure the trunk was closed and the car was locked. A group of fans stood behind a barricade on the other side of the parking lot, and Lacey smoothed down the hem of her red blouse over the front of her jeans when she heard her name yelled loudly by a high pitched voice that sounded like it belonged to a child. Lacey turned to see a young girl, no older than eight. Her brunette hair hidden under a pretty wide brimmed southern belle hat. She wore a white skirt, with an EBWF branded t-shirt, and topped it off with white gloves. She carried a children’s toy replica of the EBWF Women’s Championship, and when she caught Lacey’s eye she yelled her name again. Lacey felt woefully unprepared to be her character, in her travel clothes, but she knew her signature red lipstick would have to do. She plastered on a smile, and headed over to the barricade. That over the top accent came out with ease.

Lacey Evans: Well, aren’t you just the classiest little lady that I ever did see.

Girl: Hi, Lacey.

Lacey Evans: Well, hello there, sweetheart. What’s your name?

Lacey reached for a couple of markers that were being thrust at her, and signed a few things, but her eyes stayed on the little girl.

Girl: I’m Carrie.

Lacey Evans: Carrie is a pretty name. You excited for the show tonight?

Carrie: Yes! I loved your match last week. I hope you beat Becky tonight.

Lacey Evans: I’m gonna give it my all, Carrie. That’s all we can do sometimes. Gotta work real hard to be a polite lady, but make sure all these nasties know who’s boss. Right?

Carrie: Yeah!

Carrie’s mom nudged her sweetly, and the little girl seemed to remember.

Carrie: Lacey, can I have a picture, and would you maybe sign my women’s championship?

Lacey Evans: I would love to, darlin’.

Carrie’s mom was ready with the camera, and Lacey squatted down to pose. Mom then whipped out a silver marker so Lacey could sign the black material that made up the belt. The mom beamed.

Mom: I told her there was no guarantee we would see you. Thank you so, so much.

Lacey smiled down at Carrie.

Lacey Evans: Oh, you’re so welcome. I could never disappoint a proper lady.

Carrie giggled behind her gloved hand.

Carrie: Give Becky the Woman’s Right!

Lacey Evans: Oh, I will, sweetheart. You can count on that. Nice meeting you, Carrie. Bye now.

Lacey winked at Carrie, who waved in excitement. Lacey turned toward the arena, and walked toward the entrance confidently. Inside though, she was hoping she didn’t let that little girl down.

---------------------------------

Lacey had taken a little time to get fully in costume before reporting to production. She was glad she did, because they had expected her to film right away. She was eager to get started though, because getting this done meant she was one step closer to her match, and her dream of being in the Queen of the Ring Finals. Charly Caruso stood in front of the EBWF logo background, and Lacey found herself just off camera.

Charly Caruso: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the woman who will take on Becky Lynch in the queen of the ring semi-finals tonight, she is, Lacey Evans.

Lacey sauntered into the frame.

Lacey Evans: Thank you, Charly.

Charly Caruso: Lacey, last week, you defeated Britt Baker an — …

Lacey Evans: Charly, I know it’s rude to interrupt, and I do apologize, but Britt Baker is in my review mirror. She didn’t have what it took to advance in this tournament, and I’d prefer we not kick her while she’s down. Besides, this week, I’m taking on Becky Lynch, who has had some interesting, albeit inconsistent, success around here.

Charly Caruso: What are you doing to prepare for your match against Becky?

Lacey Evans: Probably a lot more than she’s doing to prepare herself for me if we think about it. What do we know about Becky Lynch. She’s all big talk. Runs around with another loud mouth that’s all big talk. One very strange consistency I’ve noticed about Becky is that she is so self-involved, so into herself, that she rarely even mentions her opponents. The woman is all over the place, and it’s that lack of focus that’s going to help me defeat her tonight.

Charly Caruso: You do have to admit that Becky Lynch is an exceptional in-ring performer.

Lacey Evans: Do I? Why? Because she beat Eva Marie? Like that’s something to brag about? I hardly think so, Charly. Becky Lynch is all smoke. She hides the talent she lacks, by talking so damn much. And week in and week out she talks about some greater purpose, but week after week she flounders around in mediocrity. There’s really nothing worse than an ole nasty who doesn’t know her own limitations. I’m sure she thinks somewhere in her own delusional world that she’s the best wrestler on the women’s roster, but she hasn’t lived up to those proclamations the entire time she’s been here.

Charly Caruso: Some think we’re just delaying the inevitable. That Becky is poised to be the Queen of the Ring.

Lacey Evans: Well there’s no accounting for taste, or smarts, Charly. Anyone who says that isn’t that bright. This camera crew is going to film Becky and her little friend, pecking the ground and chirping about how Becky has to win, and how strong and talented Becky is like a couple of bitter old hens. When Becky comes to the ring though, that’s when the chickens come home to roost. That’s when I expose her for the phony she is. That’s when I show her the Woman’s Right.

Lacey smiled.

Lacey Evans: And next week? I’ll face Mickie James or Liv Morgan in a match where I’ll take my rightful place as Queen of the Ring, and get to trade this classy hat, for a crown. Thank you, Charly.

Lacey stepped out of the frame and Charly smiled after her as the EBWF logo flashed across the screen and the scene ended.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote