When one door closes another opens

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Chris

When one door closes another opens

Post by Chris »

**SCENE OPENS**
**Pre-recorded King of the Ring Subtitled Promo to be shown before KOTR**

-Tomohiro Ishii appears to be backstage in a boiler room of sorts. He is in the shadows, limping in and out of the light. He is still in his ring gear with sweat dripping profusely off his body. He has an ice pack applied to the back of his neck. Presumably it is directly after the last episode of Warfare. in which he lost to Damian Priest in the King of the Ring quarter finals. Ishii finally stops still and talks to the camera, somewhat subdued. The anger that followed Ishii into his match with Damian Priest has been quickly replaced with solemnness. -

Ishii: I lost tonight against Damien Priest, fair and square. I was pinned 1.2.3. This might surprise you but I wish him the best in the next round. Despite the pre-match antics, I respect what he can do in the ring. I will leave it at that as far as Damian Priest goes and who knows when our paths may cross again. Now, onto other matters......When one door closes another opens. Upon returning backstage I’ve been told about my involvement at King of the Ring. Sure, I’m out of the tournament, but on the other hand I have an exciting opportunity on the horizon – A chance to win the vacant Breakout Championship.

-Ishii’s attention seems to be taken momentarily as he walks out of shot. He returns swiftly with a ladder. Ishii sets up the ladder and stands directly underneath it before continuing-

Ishii: To win this championship, I will need to climb the ladder. This is not just a physical action, it is metaphorical. Each competitor in this match is wanting to reach the upper echelons of the EBWF. However, something tells me that I’ve been here before in another organization.

-Ishii takes a long pause-

Ishii: My achievements in New Japan Pro-Wrestling are no secret and I will draw some parallels between the experiences I’ve had in the past. Let me now give you a little history lesson. I am a Five time NEVER Openweight Champion. NEVER is an acronym of the terms "New Blood", "Evolution", "Valiantly", "Eternal", and "Radical" The project held its first event on August 24, 2010 and the project is ten years old. This is very similar to the EBWF Breakout Championship which was first won by Evan Bourne on August 29th 2010. Although it wasn’t until 2012 that the NEVER Openweight Championship was introduced to New Japan Pro-Wrestling, I have also had experience of winning this title whilst it was vacated by Togi Makabe. To me, both championship titles represent the same things. As a five time NEVER champion in NJPW, I believe that my path in the EBWF may take a similar trajectory. I want to be the proving ground like I was in NJPW. I want to be the measuring stick. I want to be the gatekeeper of the heavyweight division! To be that.....I need the Breakout championship. That would signify that the division is strong.

-Ishii looks up at the ladder and continues-

Ishii: Despite the history and the fact that I feel like it is repeating itself somewhat, I do realize that I have three opponents to focus on. Also, a ladder match situation is a strange situation in which the match is not always won by the man that physically wore down the other until they're incapacitated. So in this way, the match is much different than I'm used to. For example, I could take two opponents and beat them all around the arena, but that could leave the fourth opponent to scurry up the ladder and grab the championship. To my opponents, know this, I have beaten PAC before, I have beaten Tommaso Ciampa before and I am eager to show Darby Allin what strong style entails so that he isn't physically able to scurry up that ladder like a rat up a drainpipe.

At King of the Ring....You are looking at the next EBWF Breakout Champion!

**SCENE FADES**
BRAY WYATT