The Golden Goose

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Damian Priest

The Golden Goose

Post by Damian Priest »

The setting is inside of a ring. It's quiet and the only figure we see is Damian Priest sitting down against the ring ropes, a very familiar sight for some that have watched Edge's career throughout the years. He looks rather serious but not arrogant serious, just like his demeanour and his focus is greater than ever. He sits forward, ready to speak.

"Hello Edge, or should I call you Adam Copeland? Do you even know who you are anymore? Do you even know what you're doing wrestling let alone in this King of the Ring tournament? Oh I know, it's because you got a crutch to walk you through it, don't you? The question is, when haven't you used a crutch to guide you through those shark infested waters known as the wrestling industry? You don't know. You have no idea what it's like being alone, fending for yourself. Scratching, clawing, watching others get in line and get ahead. Your buddy knows all about that, doesn't he? Getting ahead. Getting everything handed to him because of who he's related to but isn't that what the wrestling business is about these days?" Cockily smirks, showing a bit of frustration. "It's not what you do, it's who you know and boy oh boy Edge, you sure kissed the right amount of butt to get to where you are today."

Leaning back against the ring turnbuckle, looking rather calm.

"You may be Adam Copeland but I'm Punishment Martinez. Nice ... To not meet you. But I'm making a whole new name for myself and apparently it's going to be at your ... And your buddies expense. And Edge, all I hear these days is how much whine and complaint about how you facing The Miz is getting redundant and tiresome. You know what else is getting redundant and tiresome? Seeing you. Seeing Orton ... At the same time, at the same place doing the same thing you've done for over a decade straight. At least when I look at Randy Orton, I can somewhat admire the work he does but you?" pointing at the camera "You? No, I don't admire. You're nothing special but yet here we are, people singing your praises. People clamoring for the guy that as you eloquently put it has this mythical 'grit' and heart' that no other wrestler on the face of this earth has."

This irritates Priest, leaning forward once more, you can tell the anger is building up inside him.

"BULLSHIT! That same 'grit', that same 'heart', I have. Just because you run your mouth and people for whatever reason like you are already on their knees readily lining up to kiss your boots doesn't make what you say gospel. You might be saying why Priest, why would you say I have a crutch, who could that be? Gangrel ... Lita ... Christian. Ring any bells? That's ok, you've already moved on. Like any person that lacks the confidence and ability to make up for real in-ring talent, it's understandable. Even though your Viper friend is by your side, you must ask yourself why? Why put yourself in a position to get screwed someday when you least expect it? Personally, I can careless ... I hope when you least expect it, he screws you and makes you wish that partnership was never born."

Shaking his head, knowing the odds are stacked against him.

"I am under no false guidance that I am against the odds here. You and Randy Orton ... And speaking of Orton, it must be great living life, isn't it? Just sleepwalking your way through your wrestling career, getting things handed to you, getting the important matches, getting the important opponents, getting all the title opportunities that is available to you. I didn't get blessed that opportunity. I don't have someone in the business I know that I can beg, plead and cry to to guarantee my spot on the card. But look at you ... Belly-aching, whining about The Miz. Why do I have to face The Miz? What's wrong with Mickie James? Who cares? You care more about the superficial things more than just getting the job done. You conspire, you let that old sack of bones tell you what to do more than actually putting the hard work and effort in. That's probably why you're not some primadonna like The Rock is. Not starring in movies and only made a movie that went straight to DVD. Aye, Marine?"

He finds his comment funny, Laughing.

"Movies and your lackadaisical attitude aside, you made quite a legacy for yourself there. You can ruffle as many feathers as you want and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. You threw your fits. You get caught smoking. You get in trouble with the Cops and all is right with the world. Nothing can touch ole' glory boy ... As some say in the wrestling circle, The Golden Goose!. I admire that about you Randy, you just take. And I'm going to be happy to be taking your spot ... Edge's spot ... And make a name for myself the likes of you have never seen. I'm not concerning myself with wearing a cape and a crown. I'm concerning myself with title opportunities. Big profile matches. And one day, I will be getting those movie roles. I will be the one man Wes calls when I take time off and he desperately needs a big name to fill his show with because Randy Orton has surprise, surprise, threw another fit. Trust me, Viper. When I get through with you, I'll give you every possible reason to cry. Not only will I beat you but I will shove your wasted effort in your face every chance I get! What do they usually say about Karma? They are ... Well, just ask your wife."

Priest once again chuckles, sighing knowing he's in for a fight of his life.

"Once I advance facing The Rock, beating that glorified Hollywood primadonna; it'll be down to the two of you. And yeah, you two do got the advantage heading into our encounter. I'm fully aware of the ramifications of a two on one type scenario but one must ask himself, how long is your partnership going to last? How long before one of you two sees an opportunity to screw the other? You can laugh and joke all you want in front of the camera ... But when it comes down to fame and fortune ... Will you let that pass? Doubtful. But by all means, keep joking, keep kiddin yourselves if you think this match is going to be a walk in the park. Because when Beavis and Butthead falter, The Archer of Infamy will be there to take advantage and then and only then ... Will you two, Rock, Wes ... ALL REALIZE ... My name will live on FOREVER!"

He hits the mat, getting up, tossing the camera to the side. Fade out

===========

OOC: I was thinking of putting this roleplay with the other but I decided it'd be better just to post them as two separate roleplays even though they do have something to do with one another. Anyway, goodluck to everyone involved!