I Want It All

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Cory

I Want It All

Post by Cory »

EBWF.net Exclusive Interview

Randy Orton was standing by in the backstage area as Renee Young approached him, mic in hand.

Renee Young: Randy, I was hoping I could get some words from you about your match... or matches tonight.

Randy looked around, like Renee was talking to someone else.

Randy Orton: Are you... are you approaching me for an interview?

Renee rolled her eyes.

Renee Young: Don't get too big for your britches, sir. You're still on probation.

Randy smirked and put his hands up in a surrender gesture.

Randy Orton: Fair enough, far be it for me to question you.

Renee Young: Tonight you have an opportunity to become King of the Ring for the third time. But in order to do that, you have to face your tag team partner and co-tag team champion, Edge.

Randy Orton: Yeah yeah, I get it. I saw your interview with Edge earlier. This is the part where I'm supposed to cut a promo on the only person I like in this business and sow the seeds of discontent, right?

Renee Young: Nah, I gave up on that with Edge. You just do your thing.

Randy Orton: What, you don't want to score the interview of the century where I verbally turn on my friend? Nah, you're a real journalist. You're better than all that. You're smart enough to understand that Edge and I have a special friendship that can only be woven with time. See, two things can be true. We can both prioritize our aspirations and still be tag partners. Edge and I both have an unstoppable desire to win, and become a champion. That's why we have these.

He tapped the tag title belt clasped around his waist.

Randy Orton: And why I... have this.

He then smacked the face of his EBWF Gateway Championship.

Randy Orton: Edge knows as well as I do that the only way to remain relevant in this business it to win and keep winning. We both understand that, and yet we also have the ability to balance that against the loyalty we have to each other. At the end of the day, we're going to beat the hell out of each other tonight and only one of us is going to advance to fight either The Rocks 700th return to the ring or Damien Priest's rookie year despite almost being 40. We're going to steal the show tonight, allowing those two other doofuses to politely provide people watching at home with an opportunity to cook dinner or go to the bathroom. Whoever wins that match Renee, is going to have to face myself or Edge, and I guarantee you the winner will be one of the two of us.

Renee Young: Randy, you're one half of the EBWF Tag Team Champions. You're also the Gateway Champion. You could turn in that championship for an opportunity at the EBWF World Championship. Do you... need this win?

Randy smirked.

Randy Orton: Renee. If it were up to me, I'd be Kurt Angle in this company. Two belts around my waist, a belt on each shoulder, a belt draped around my neck... you get the idea. I don't care about what's fair to everyone else. I want it all. King of the Ring, the Royal Rumble, all the titles. Hell, I would go take the Breakout title from one of those goobers if I was given the chance. This is what I do. Win, and look really good doing it. Tonight, I'm going to beat Edge. To be fair to him, he's carved himself out a nice career as a semi-finalist in King of the Ring, far be it from me to deny him the privilege of keeping his streak going. When I do beat Edge in what will obviously be the best match of the night, I will massacre the unlucky chump that wins in the Damien Priest / Rocky match. You can call it greedy, you can say I don't "need" this, and you might be right. But at the end of the day, I. Want. It. All.

Randy smirked as he tapped his title again and walked off, leaving Renee to wrap up as the scene faded.