On The Eve

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

On The Eve

Post by Billy »

((Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to open this up by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, and if you don't celebrate, Happy Holidays. Thank you to Ben and Ashlee for keeping the doors open and trying to keep us all motivated to put in our best work. I look forward to getting to work alongside all of you in the coming year.

Thank You,
Billy))

-----------------------------------------------------

The camera opened on a black and white image of Aiden English sitting on the throne he had used during the Kingdom entrance from Fanniversary. The EBWF World Championship was resting on his right shoulder over the Kingdom “crown” t-shirt. He stared into the camera with a blank expression on his face. After an unsettling moment of motionless silence Aiden pressed forward onto his elbows. He stared down the camera and practically snarled.

Aiden English
I think it’s important that we talk about where we find ourselves and how we got here. When I returned to the EBWF from injury I made an instant splash! I’ve been open that I had hoped to return during the reign of Chris Jericho and set right the world of professional wrestling. Instead, I found a different pretender on my throne. A world class actor, masquerading as the EBWF World Champion. I had my revenge on Chris Jericho. I walked back toward the locker rooms and was intercepted by the brass. Funny, no matter how wild and out of control Chris gets around here, the boss always has his back. My actions against the now former champion were unacceptable. But, Wes Ikeda listens to one thing over everything else and that Summerslam crowd was still rumbling from my return.

Aiden sat back and spread his arms out as if to say “what can you do?” He pivoted the title to the other shoulder and took some time to get it settled in right before continuing.

Aiden English
In that moment we both understood that Wes couldn’t suspend or fire me. It would turn his fans against him because I had just made the hottest return of 2020. I had just attacked his longtime friend and left him laying in front of a packed house. He had to do something, and I could see the wheels turning in his head. I’m sure there were thoughts of fines, kicking me back down the card and banning me from future big-time matches. His wheels were turning but so were mine. I had a laser focus on regaining what was taken from me.

He shot a glance at the title resting on his shoulder and nodded. He brought his hand up and patted it softly with a smile of contentment. He didn’t bring his focus back to the camera. Instead, he traced the lines of the belt with his pointer finger as he spoke.

Aiden English
You see, the attack on Chris was supposed to serve a different purpose than just simple revenge. It was planned as the starting point of something so much bigger. We all know Chris well enough to know that had he retained his title and been attacked it would have set us on a collision course for the next pay per view. He wouldn’t have been able to let it slide an attack on the champion in front of his audience! The audacity. But unfortunately, the bitch destiny had decided on a different fate for me. Now, standing there being berated by Wes Ikeda, the road ahead seemed like it was going to be as long and arduous as my first climb to the top. A journey of a hundred matches against the bottom of the barrel. He was winding down on his speech about safety and responsibility, the difference between in ring competition and criminal assault.

Finally, Aiden turned back to the camera with a half-hearted smile on his face. He was trying to sell his emotion in the moment. The dread of having to climb back up the ladder.

Aiden English
That’s the moment my wife chose to strike. She stepped over to us with a stack of papers in her hand. My EBWF contract. When I signed it, there was nothing about title reigns, rematch clauses or injury leave. I was a nobody who had never been given a chance to shine. I was the unwanted child of a broken system ran by fools who couldn’t find gold in a jewelry store. My contract looked like everyone else who gets their break. But the last page on that stack was a little addendum signed way back when I first won the EBWF Breakout Championship. Addendum C, title reigns and defenses. Raquel confidently handed the page to Wes and I’ll never forget the look on his face. It was a gift that I’ll never let go. It was then and there we started work on the plans for Fanniversary. My rematch.

Suddenly there was color in the scene. The gold of the title and crown logo on Aiden’s shirt reflected a lot of light back at the camera and caused some things to look a little washed out. For whatever reason, Aiden didn’t seem to notice the change.

Aiden English
Lo and behold, destiny’s new path put me on a collision course with the man who had just beat Chris Jericho in Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson. But destiny favors the bold and she rewarded my bold action by making sure that Chris was along for the ride. That he had to go on the journey with us and watch my ascent back to my rightful place in the company. The Fanniversary stage was set for the Drama King to prove that he was the best wrestler in the business by beating not only the World Champion but also the man who had stripped him of his glory in the first place.

Aiden finally stood up from the throne and took a step forward. The camera was forced to pull back as he continued forward a few more steps. Now the camera took a lower angle on Aiden, making him look bigger and stronger in the process.

Aiden English
I said I was going to do it and then I walked into Fanniversary and just got it done. I didn’t have the assistance of Chavo or Elias. I didn’t have the assistance of my beautiful bride. I was alone in my glory because I didn’t want to leave doubt that I deserved to wear this title around my waist.

Aiden pulled down the EBWF World title and strapped it around his waist. His focus lingered on the belt for several seconds. He nodded to himself.

Aiden English
Imagine my surprise then when the Rock wants to call my title reign a technicality. When he wants to place blame for the state of our company and industry on the shoulders of Chris Jericho. His campaign of lies and misinformation seeks to masquerade the meticulous dedication to minutia that is my merit. Chris Jericho didn’t lose; the Rock didn’t lose. No. No. No! Aiden English won! That’s the fact that Rock seeks to hide behind his technicalities and droning of decades old catch phrases. I beat both the Rock and Chris Jericho at Fanniversary. That’s the outcome of a triple threat match after all, one wrestler beats two others thereby proving himself their better.

Aiden continued forward and pressed the camera further back. There was a bright light overhead that further washed out the champion leaving no shadows.

Aiden English
It is without a shadow of a doubt that I stand here with the EBWF World Title hung around my waist and declare myself BETTER than both Chris Jericho and Dwayne Johnson. I declare myself the best wrestler in EBWF AND ALL professional wrestling. The Champion of Champions. The King of Kings. And still the Rock has the nerve to claim that some semi-retired has been can dust off his boots and share a stage with the likes of Aiden English. Still he claims that the “Great One” has any chance at getting one over on the “Greatest One”. One of the best wrestlers of a generation, a decade past his prime, hopes to hold a candle against the best wrestler of all time. It’s not going to happen. That crown from King of the Ring, the victory at Summerslam, sharing a ring with Aiden English. Those are the last great moments of your dying career. A career that I’m going to cap off with a crown that I’ve had specially made for our final meeting.

Raquel stepped into frame with a crown resting on a red velvet pillow. The gold crown was wrapped in thick steel bands of barbed wire that jutted out in a vicious mockery of leadership. Aiden looked at the crown with that age-old wicked grin growing on his face. He kissed his wife on the cheek and took the crown from the pillow, careful not to dig the prongs into his hands. He turned it to show the front was nearly clear of barbed wire and had the word “LOSER” etched into it in a fancy font that might have been taken from the first letter in a fairy tale.

Aiden English
This crown has your name written all over it! It’s going to mark you as the second-best wrestler in our match. And, at Christmas Eve of Destruction I’m going to do you one last honor. I’m going to stand over you, like the benevolent ruler I am, and I’m going to place this crown upon your head. I’m going to build a legacy for myself and Kingdom on the corpse of your career. And when the fans speak of Kingdom’s grip on the industry in the years to come, your name will be forever tied to my return to power. The EBWF Universe will never forget the night Aiden English and the Rock went one on one at Christmas Eve of Destruction. You can consider it my gift to you, your destiny fulfilled.

Aiden changed his grip on the crown holding it where the prongs pressed against his hand but not with enough force to pierce the skin.

Aiden English
And we’re back around to that word. Because Dwayne, destiny has determined that I write the final chapter of your story. The Clash of Kings. Crown of Thorns. Christmas Eve of Destruction. You will be CROWNED the first victim of my reign. Oh, Rock it’s going to be a glorious site to behold! My Kingdom come; my will be done.

The camera closed in on Aiden gripping the crown tightly and staring at it. Blood ran down his forearm and dripped from his elbows as a smile grew across his face. The barbed wire dug into his hand and he didn’t flinch. Slowly Aiden averted his gaze to the camera and winked.

Aiden English
Long live the King!

Aiden dropped his hand to his side, the sound of the crown clattering across tile echoed in the open room. Aiden closed his eyes, his smile still as wide as ever. The shot faded to a gold screen with a black crown in the center of it.

Matthew Rehwoldt was sitting on the couch holding his sleeping daughter while Shaul hung decorations on their Christmas tree. Their apartment had been turned into a winter wonderland and none of it was Matt’s doing. In fact, very little of it was his wife’s doing. Instead the grip of the mother-in-law, Vicky Guerrero, could be felt on the young couple’s Chicago apartment.

Shaul Guerrero
So, I know my mother being here hasn’t been the best thing for alone time or intimacy. But it’s been very helpful having an extra set of hands to take care of Lynn and so I’d like to ask her to stay another couple of weeks into the new year. What do you think?

Matthew Rehwoldt
I’m fine with that. Things are going to be crazy again with Christmas Eve of Destruction next week. The normal press tours and autograph signings are bound to get scheduled. Besides, you deserve to be able to breathe occasionally when I can’t be here.

Shaul Guerrero
Ick, don’t remind me that you have that on the horizon!

Matthew Rehwoldt
Ick? I’m thinking I’ll get to close out the year as the EBWF World Champion. How could that be a bad thing?

Shaul Guerrero
Oh, you know I hate you taking part in hardcore angles. That fall from the production trailer was scary enough, now I get to sit in the back and watch you take ladder bumps in the lead up to a barbed wire crown? I had to handle that thing for your video promo and watched how easily it dug into your hand when you clasped down on it. One mistake and that thing is going to cause a scar that I have to live with for the rest of my life!

Matthew Rehwoldt
I’ll make sure and be careful that I don’t leave any marks on mister box office. I’d hate for you to have to sit through his future movies knowing your husband was the one who cave him that nick.

Shaul Guerrero
Don’t be stupid Matt!

Matthew Rehwoldt
Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I know you don’t like it and so I try to keep this kind of stuff to a minimum but I don’t think I could get away from CEOD without doing something hardcore, that’s the nature of the beast.

Shaul Guerrero
I know. And, I would never want you to step away from a match and risk your future with the company. I just hate having to sit in the back and watch you go through these kinds of things. AND, I’m damn sure not coming to the ring to get a better view of it!

Matthew Rehwoldt
Anyhow, you deserve rest once in a while and we both know this little girl isn’t going to let you get any if you are alone.

Shaul Guerrero
I know no one wants their mother-in-law around twenty-four hours a day and so I love that you are willing to put up with all the drama that comes with that for me.

Matthew Rehwoldt
Whatever it takes to keep that smile on your face!

Shaul placed an ornament on the tree and joined Matt on the couch. She looked in on their daughter and kissed Aiden on the forehead.

Aiden English has been signing autographs for almost two hours, interacting with fans and showing off the World Title sitting on the table next to him. Elias and Chavo had joined him for the first half of his time at the table but now Raquel sat next to him signing autographs. They exchanged smiles and warm gestures between fans and included one another in their banter. The lines had been cut off and they were winding down to the last fans for the event. There was still a crowd of fans nearby shouting at the couple to get their attention. Aiden signed his last autograph and struck up a conversation about the weight of the World Title while Raquel wrapped up her signing. A rowdy fan slid the barricade slightly and a loud screech broke through the chaos. Aiden turned to see the fan holding up a paper sign that read “the people’s champion is the only champion”. Aiden smiled.

Aiden English
I’m sorry to cut our conversation short but I have to address this moron. Thank you for coming out and supporting Kingdom.

Aiden stood up and shook the last autographs hand before hefting the EBWF World Title up onto his shoulder and walking to the edge of the platform supporting the signing table.

Aiden English
The People’s Champion? Is that who you came here to see? Take a look around, your People’s Champion isn’t out here on the front lines signing autographs and shaking hands. This isn’t his business, he’s to big and important to sit at a table for two hours and look in the eyes of the people he claims to represent.

Aiden shot a glance back at Raquel as she continued to sign autographs, finally to the last two. He stepped off the edge of the platform and started walking toward the moved barricade and the gathering of fans. Many of them sported attire supporting Kingdom or one of its members.

Aiden English
You know what the issue is with someone claiming to be the People’s Champion? There’s no match to determine the People’s Champion. There’s no number one contender. Hell, there isn’t even a belt.

Aiden patted the title on his shoulder.

Aiden English
It’s a self-proclaimed championship of no consequence in the industry. Anyone can claim to be the People’s Champion! In fact, I bet there is a certain Diamond hard Yoga instructor who might claim he is the current holder of that particular title. And how do we decide who’s right? A popularity contest? An election? Not a wrestling match. Because if that title changed hands at the outcome of a title match you’d be looking at your People’s Champion, the man who took the EBWF World Title from the Rock in one of the best matches of the year! Maybe he’s the people champion because he has a Hollywood career and I don’t. But, let’s be honest if his fake title was determined by acting chops there’s a difference between Black Adam and Drax the Destroyer that can’t be overlooked. Leaving us with another wrestler who might lay claim to the title People’s Champion! Clearly the word Champion is being misused.

Aiden reached the barricade, pushing it back into position with his knee. He paced up and down the barricade, speaking directly to the fans.

Aiden English
And People’s? Do any of you think that Dwayne Johnson, celebrity movies star, has any real connection to the people gathered here? Is he here? I’m here. The Rock has spent the last years of his life wrapped up in making movies for millions of dollars. Playing pretend in front of a camera. He’s won every fight he’s been in because the fight has been choreographed and the opponent has been pulling their punches.

Aiden stopped and stared directly at the man with the sign.

Aiden English
So you decided to come down to the arena, interrupt my autograph signing and make a scene to support a man with a pretend title, that wins pretend fights and doesn’t give a second thought to this industry and what happens to it when he isn’t looking for a quick pay day. He doesn’t care if you enjoy the product. He doesn’t care about television ratings and pay per view buys that don’t impact his bottom line. He isn’t standing in the back mentoring up and coming talent. No, he’s on his phone with his agent lining out his next movie. Meanwhile, I’ve bled for this industry. I’ve struggled for months to get back on my feet and in shape to get back to this spot. I’m not here because my first-choice career is experiencing a shutdown. I’m not here to promote my next project. I’m in the EBWF because it is my life and livelihood. So perhaps instead of cheering for the guy whose autograph you couldn’t afford if he made time to do appearances you should support a wrestler. Someone who is on the road fulltime with his family in tow.

Raquel had finished with her last autograph and made her way over to her husband. She placed her hand on the small of his back to let him know she was there. She turned in to face him and rested her other hand on the EBWF World Title.

Aiden English
Instead of coming out here in support of Dwayne Johnson, you should be asking some real questions of the people in charge. Like why isn’t the love of my life in the chase for the EBWF Women’s Championship? Why don’t Chavo and Elias have a match scheduled for Christmas Eve of Destruction? Before you walk up to our event and hold up that glorified piece of trash consider what’s best for the business. And let me tell you…

Raquel tugged a bit on Aiden to get his attention. She shook her head and motioned toward the table the had been signing autographs at. Aiden nodded in response.

Aiden English
You’re right. Tomorrow night, our Kingdom comes. Aiden English WILL remain your EBWF World Champion! And, I have an idea to honor your People’s Champion even more.

Aiden walked over to the table and ripped off the tablecloth. He hoisted the table up to lean on two legs and reveal the tabletop to the gathered fans. There was a painting of the Rock holding the World title from Summerslam. Raquel remained close to the fans.
Raquel Diaz
At Christmas Eve of Destruction your World Champion is going to use the People’s Champion to break this table the same way he is going to break the Rock’s hopes and dreams. This tonto is going to learn that there’s no hope for a part-time wrestler to be the pinnacle of our industry!
Aiden and Raquel took time to shake hands and talk to the gathered fans as the planted troublemaker snuck off. They hung around for nearly forty-five minutes just talking to the people who showed up to support them.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*