Ignorance is Bliss

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ashlee
Site Admin

Ignorance is Bliss

Post by Ashlee »

The scene came to life and brought Trish Stratus to the forefront. She was standing in front of an EBWF logoed backdrop. She had the women’s championship over her shoulder, and a hint of a smirk crossed her features as she went live.

Trish Stratus: Happy New Year, EBWF Universe!

She gave a sassy little wave.

Trish Stratus: And yes, it’s a new year, but same Trish, same women’s champion. Much to the chagrin of all of you lovely ladies who want to take it from me.

She smiled.

Trish Stratus: Hi Beck! How ya doing?

She gave a wink.

Trish Stratus: But this isn’t about you tonight, Ms. Lynch. And while you’re busy chasing my shadow, I’m going to be featured in the main event tonight with Little Miss Bliss. Welcome back to EBWF! Seems you took quite the beating at Christmas Eve of Destruction.

Trish chuckled, and gave her title belt a little pat.

Trish Stratus: I also saw your cute little interview yesterday where you mentioned that your strategy was to win, which really isn’t a strategy at all. A strategy is the action steps you take in pursuit of winning. I can’t believe I actually have to explain that to you, but maybe your not knowing that is why you lost so spectacularly at Christmas Eve of Destruction.

Now you think you’re going to defeat me and lay claim to a title match… with three broken ribs? Honey, you couldn’t beat me if you threw a thousand pennies into a wishing well, rubbed a genie’s lamp, and owned a monkey’s paw… let alone with three broken ribs.

Then early today some cameraman spotted her pushing around some old cart with a board on it. Someone help this girl, I think the pain medication has gone to her head. I’m not ducking and running, Alexa. I’m right here. And when we meet up tonight on Warfare, I’m going to make you wish you’d never come back here. I’m going to make you wish you never stood in front of your bathroom mirror wishing you had an opportunity at the women’s championship.

I could go through my list of accolades and achievements, but we all have the internet. I could drone on and on about how I am on my way to reclaiming my rightful position as the longest reigning women’s champion of all time. I could remind everyone that I am the best damn women’s wrestler in the history of our industry, but then I wouldn’t be saying anything you didn’t already know.

Don’t be surprised, Alexa. When you go out there and the crowd is cheering for me. When you’re on your back looking up at the lights, ribs throbbing in pain, wondering how it all went so horribly wrong. When you watch the tape back and you hear the announcers extolling the awe inspiring talent of Trish Stratus at your expense. And don’t be sad when you’re left to go home, sitting on your flight, wondering how you let the only chance you’ll ever have at my belt slip through your fingers all because you couldn’t beat me. Come to terms, right now, that ignorance is Bliss, and victory is oh so Stratusfying.

She smirked.

Trish Stratus: You’re welcome…. For the main event, by the way. Don’t expect you’ll ever see it again.

That familiar chuckle returned and Trish adjusted the belt on her shoulder as she walked out of frame, and the scene faded to black.
Writers aren't exactly people. They're a whole bunch of people. Trying to be one person.
The only living, breathing, Queen of Efeds in captivity
"You can't blame a writer for what the characters say." - Truman Capote