Icarus

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Icarus

Post by Ben M »

OOC: Sorry this RP is a bit rubbish. I’ve got some ideas for Leva Bates, but I struggled to find the time to write this week. Think I’ll need some time to get into the swing of things with The Librarian! Anyway, good luck Sam :)

————————————————————————————————————————

The scene opened in a library (where else?) Leva Bates was stood behind the desk as the camera approached her. A noise could be heard behind the camera, as if the cameraman had bumped into something. Bates scowled, then shushed him.

Leva Bates: Be quiet! This is a library. And I am the librarian, Leva Bates. Ms Bates to you.

Bates smiled, then continued speaking.

Leva Bates: Tonight, I start a new chapter of my career - no pun intended - when I defeat the new darling of EBWF, Tam Nakano. Do you know what I love about being a librarian? There is a story for every occasion. And when I look at Tam Nakano’s EBWF career thus far, the legend of Icarus springs to mind. For those of you who aren’t as familiar with Greek mythology as I am, allow me to summarise. Icarus was given wings by his father so he could fly, but his father warned him not to fly too close to the sun. Icarus didn’t listen, he flew too close to the sun, melted his wings and drowned. You can see the parallels, can’t you?

The cameraman started to answer, but Bates immediately shushed him.

Leva Bates: That was a rhetorical question... please be quiet, this is a library. Allow me to explain. You see Tam Nakano has been given a great opportunity... the opportunity to fly, so to speak. She was signed to EBWF, went on an unbeaten run and earned a shot at the Women’s Championship. She got excited at the thought of being Women’s Champion - I believe she even called it her dream? And in that excitement, she lost her way. She flew too close to the sun. She hasn’t drowned yet, but losing to Raquel Diaz last week? That was her gasping for air. Tonight, she will try to keep her head above water, but I will be the waves crashing against her. She can fight back, but she will need to give everything she’s got... because if she doesn’t, the waves will pin her down. 1, 2, 3.

Bates picked up a book and began to read. There was an awkward silence as the cameraman waited to see if she had anything else to say. She looked up a him from her book and rolled her eyes.

Leva Bates: You can leave now... quietly!