Man versus Myth

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Man versus Myth

Post by Billy »

Matt Striker was sitting on a set with two cloth lined chairs. He wore a steel colored suit over a black shirt and bright red tie. He looked more like he was running for office than preparing to interview someone. He tapped some cards on the arm of the chair and looked around the set for a que from either the director or producer. He wasn’t prepared for an interview in fact because he had only just finished recording one with Aiden English to be aired on Warfare. He wasn’t aware that the cameras were still rolling for an EBWF.net exclusive. He leaned forward to stand up and in that moment, Raquel Diaz stepped into frame from the left. It was a calculated move that forced her to walk the length of the set and go around Matt to get to the empty seat. She crossed behind him, running her hand across the back of his chair. Her gold sequin covered dress clung tight to her body harkening back to the days of the diva and making it clear that Raquel hadn’t come prepared for a fight. She waited until she was behind him to start talking, forcing him to turn in his chair to even attempt eye contact.

Raquel Diaz
So, is what you said true? Renee Young has made a request to be left out of any and all future interaction with the members of Kingdom? All because I got a little physical with her?

Matt Striker
I’m not sure your actions can be quantified as a little physical. You grabbed her by the throat and pushed her up against the wall. I think the fact that she hasn’t pressed assault charges should come as a relief.

Raquel walked around the front of the empty chair and sat down in it. She adjusted her position slightly and crossed her legs toward Striker. She smiled.

Raquel Diaz
Yes, I’m relieved that Renee hasn’t pressed charges. That could be very embarrassing for her. She might not be able to show her face in the Universe after a stunt like that.

Matt Striker
What? Are you delusional? You assaulted her.

Raquel Diaz
Yeah. I taught her how to correctly proport herself in an interview, idiota. This is a wrestling company, not a campaign trail. It gets physical because it’s a combat sport. She should be better prepared to get pulled into physical altercation. Doubly so if she’s going to be inutil.

Matt Striker
Your ability to spin this sh …

Matt put his head in his hands. He took a deep breath to keep himself from lashing out at Raquel’s brazen antics.

Raquel Diaz
I have you rattled? You don’t like the way I treated Renee?

Matt Striker
Absolutely not!

Raquel Diaz
Which question Matty? You don’t like the way I treated her, or I have you on your toes? Maybe it’s both. I’m okay with that.

Matt Striker
I don’t like the way you treated Renee, no one in the back does. It’s offensive to everyone in this industry!

Raquel Diaz
My father, the late Eddie Guerrero, a legend of this industry wouldn’t be happy to see the sad state of things. He’d be infuriated at the antics of this staff. He’d be proud of me for what I did to Renee.

Matt Striker
You’ve got to be the most infuria…

Raquel put her hand up and shot a wicked stare at Matt. Her eyes narrowed. Her nostrils flared.

Raquel Diaz
EXCUSE ME! How dare you! If you think for a second that I’m going to sit by and be insulted by anyone, you’re out of your depth. I didn’t take that shit from Renee, and I won’t take it from el fracaso.

Matt Striker
A what?

Raquel Diaz
I’m not going to translate for you endeble! You know it’s pathetic really! You and Renee sit in your comfy chairs, hold your useless mics and cast judgement on all of us that are moving the industry along. You ask pointed questions and try to stir up conflict but the moment the conflict is with you, it’s off limits. Things don’t work like that around here anymore Matt. So, if you need a reminder of what the Raquel Diaz is about, I’ll come over there and give it.

Matt pushed himself back in his chair. He curled a brow in confusion.

Matt Striker
Did you just threaten me?

Raquel Diaz
Absolutely.

Matt Striker
You know, I hope Becky Lynch teaches you a lesson on Warfare! You’re not the tough as nails badass you’re trying to make yourself out to be.

Raquel Diaz
Is that so?

Matt Striker
Yeah! So, I invite you to come remind me. I won’t hit you but I can’t promise I won’t defend my…

Matt was struck across the back of the head with a steel chair by Aiden English. He toppled forward out of his seat and sprawled across the ground. Aiden tossed the chair toward the back of the set and knelt next to Striker. He tugged Striker’s head back and forced him to look in Raquel’s direction, but his eyes were closed. Raquel approached slowly and stared down at her husband and Matt Striker.

Raquel Diaz
The funny thing about lessons is you never know where they’re going to come from. If you think for a second that Kingdom is dead, that we’re going to roll over and show our bellies, or if you think that I’m going to back down because you’re a man and I’m a woman you haven’t been paying attention! The reason you sit here and ask questions is because you couldn’t cut it in the ring. Don’t you ever forget that! I’m better than you! My husband is a hundred times the man you are! Your not on Elias’s level! Chavo Guerrero may be a Junior but he makes you look like the young boy you’ll always be!

Aiden hit Striker across the back of the head with a forearm. Raquel held Aiden’s head against her stomach and stared into the camera. She nudged Matt with her foot and pointed off screen. Aiden nodded and began to drag Striker off screen. Raquel approached the camera.

Raquel Diaz
You know the drill. You don’t want to end up on the pile with Striker, you keep this damn camera rolling until I say otherwise! Are we clear?

The camera nodded up and down.

Raquel Diaz
Good! Focus in. This is a message for the Lasskicker! But I need someone else to take note too because I know that Winter won’t miss a chance to be at ringside for this one. I need the two of you to know something up front. In another world, in another time, in another reality the three of us might have been friends. To be honest, I’ve not given up on the idea of you pledging loyalty to EBWF’s one true queen! Yeah Becky, the true Queen of the Ring is Raquel Diaz. Because, when I’m given a chance to become a champion, I don’t drop the ball. I would be happy to mentor both of you AFTER Lunes and Warfare. But first the two of us have to come to blows and there’s no avoiding that with sweet words and honeyed intentions. I don’t have the luxury of going easy on you. Now is the time for me to prove that I’m the greatest of the greats in this industry! Now is my time to show that nothing and no one is going to hold me back. I AM THE FUTURE!

Raquel gripped the camera and pulled it closer.

Raquel Diaz
Becky, I know you think you have the devil in your corner. I know you think you’re the Man! I know that you think a lot of things about a lot of people. But, most importantly, I know that you’re wrong! Winter isn’t the devil. Maybe, just maybe, she’s a low level demonio. Probably not even that perhaps she’s just famacabra. A hanger on who can’t have her own success and so she feeds of what little you see in the EBWF. She’s no devil and she’s no help when you climb into the ring with a true diabla del anillo. Winter can be at ringside, she can be on the apron, she can cheer and taunt. Don’t think for a second that I will hesitate to lay her ass out if she tempts fate. Right now, she’s no better than the arm candy champion sitting on the Women’s Title at home 50 weeks a year!

Raquel pulled away and spun away from the camera. She took a few steps toward the back of the set and looked back over her shoulder.

Raquel Diaz
Let’s talk about your nickname. You seem to think calling yourself the man is a source of pride and honor. Honey, it’s not. Stop trying to make “the Man” happen, no one is buying it. You’re better off trying to call yourself a Goddess, Queen, Diva, Empress or any of the other monikers so prevalent in this industry. Why would you event want a nickname that opens you up to comments about your broad shoulders, broad nose and flat ass? You think if you call yourself “the Man” enough they’ll let you compete against Ishii for a title you have any hope of winning? Not likely! If you’ve got Natty at your neck you’re going to have to fight just as hard as I have to carve out a place for yourself. Since, she always has one hand on…. El volante around EBWF.

Raquel turned back to the camera and her eyes narrowed in tight. Her nose, brow and forehead scrunched.

Raquel Diaz
You think a lot of things Becky but chief among them is how highly you regard yourself and your ability in comparison to everyone else around here. At Warfare, I’m going to shatter that regard. I’m going to dash your hopes against the hard surface that is defeat. I’m going to continue the path set before me when I beat Alexa Bliss. The path that lead a certain number one contender to her first loss in the EBWF. I’m going to drive home my point when I hit you with the three amigos and leave you crying in the ring. When I make you realize that there is someone better than you! There is someone more terrifying than Winter. Someone more bad ass than “the Man”. Someone without fear or regret. Someone who leaves everything she has in the ring and consistently and constantly puts on the best matches this industry has ever seen! Not women’s matches. MATCHES! I’m going to leave you low Becks. But, don’t forget my offer. After Monday you can walk the path I’m blazing to the top and I’d be happy to call you friend, ally and student. Camerman, we’re done. Wind it down.

Raquel pulled the camera close again and planted a kiss on it. Her bright red lipstick left lip prints on the screen. She snapped. Aiden English returned to the screen with a leather jacket in his hands and draped it over her shoulders. Raquel kissed him on the cheek as the shot faded to black.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*