2001: A Simpler Time

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

2001: A Simpler Time

Post by Ben M »

The scene opened in Paul London's lab. Paul London was sat in front of his computer, reviewing the archives. He could be seen reviewing the year 2001. As the camera zoomed in on him, London turned to face the camera and began to speak.

Paul London: Ah, 2001. A simpler time. Facebook and Twitter hadn't been invented, the iPod was released, and Donald Trump was just a well-known businessman making cameos in movies and TV shows. It was the year EWF was formed – it became EBWF the following year – and it was also the year Maven Huffman made his pro wrestling debut, after earning a contract by winning a reality TV show. Thank god reality TV shows are no longer a thing... it would be really annoying if they were still around, wouldn't it?

London smirked, then continued speaking.

Paul London: Alas, as often happens when someone shoots to prominence after winning a reality TV show, Maven's fame was short-lived. Aside from one memorable dropkick, and a brief Hardcore Title reign, it turned out Maven wasn't "Tough Enough" after all. But now he's back for one last run...

London sighed.

Paul London: What a time to make a comeback, eh Raven? Sorry, Maven. If it was Raven, this would be a lot more exciting. I'd be taking on an actual EBWF legend, rather than someone who was last seen doctor shopping. But hey, it's Royal Rumble season, and everyone wants that prize – a main event spot at Wrestlemania. Even Maven, who apparently is making movies with Tom Hanks now?

London closed the archives, went onto Google and searched "Maven movie Tom Hanks". No results came up, which seemed to amuse London.

Paul London: He must be living in an alternate reality... maybe it's one where he's actually a successful wrestler. Although as someone who has travelled through space and time, and seen all the different realities, I'm not sure that's possible. Anyway... even if he is a big movie star now, tonight he's just the guy standing across the ring from me. And I intend to make my mark by beating him.

London went back to his archives as the scene drew to a close.