{08} i’m stepping out of the darkness now

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Raven

{08} i’m stepping out of the darkness now

Post by Raven »

The Scene opens to a close-up of a beautiful German antique table clock. The white face of the clock flickers in the candlelight, the Roman numerals dancing in the small flames. The frame is square, hardwood, with a brass weight pendulum swinging back and forth, reflecting on the glass front of the intricate device. With each swing of the pendulum, the gears turn, the "Tick-tock" sound the heartbeat of time itself.

Voice:
One rung at a time….one rung at a time.

A voice whispers, unseen from the shadows somewhere nearby. Upon the voice, this is revealed to be Raven

Raven:
Since day one in EBWF I have been constantly climbing; sometimes I’m climbing to reach something that is never there. Every step I take up this imaginary ladder I feel like something gets in the way to push me down just a little bit more. Every time it looks like I’m near the top a rung disappears making me slip a couple more steps down.

The camera peers up to see Raven's face, heavily shadowed in the dimly lit room

Raven:
Don’t get me wrong; I’ve been clawing my way to the top of the EBWF ladder for what feels like a lifetime.

His eyes peer out from under his heavy brow, his wolfish features frantically illuminated by the candlelight. He smirks as he turns next to an ancient brass hourglass

Raven:
But no one stays at the top of this ladder forever look at The Miz he fades out and slips from the top. Nobody has what it takes to balance on a structure which is constantly being shaken by each of his foes. It doesn’t matter if you’re The Miz. One day someone is going to climb to the top of that ladder to meet you and you to will take the fall right to the bottom. You’ll look up at all of those people climbing that very same ladder and the only way to get back to the top is to climb over each and every one of those athletes who think that they are better than you.

The baroque brass frame reflects the dancing candlelight, the sands pouring steadily through the glass's chokepoint, making a small, pointed mound below. The candles dim lights reflect like a mirror off the glass container wherein the sands of time make their descent.

Raven:
See this clock, Miz? Since punching my ticket to Wrestlemania each time that pendulum swings, another second of your life ebbs away. Where are you? You can run, but you cannot hide. When you step into that ring I will get these hands on you. And I shall destroy you

The camera next turns to a large, ceramic basin, on a marble-topped table, water pouring through a small hole into a smaller basin below. The large vessel is beige in color, and beautifully relieved with figures from Ancient Egyptian life

Raven:
Each grain that falls, Each grain that passes through the choke point of the glass, this is a second, a moment of your life. Look closely at it. The days leading up to Wrestlemania this is your life passing right before your eyes. Your first day at school, Your first kiss, the first of many beatings you received here in the mecca of professional wrestling- all these things flash before your face. Do not try to fool me with MY past failures - I see the future. I know the future. You all can talk about how I’m broken, that my head isn’t in it. But you couldn’t be further from the truth. My eyes have been open to my flaws; I know I need help. But the fact of the matter is when those words echo throughout the arena ANNNND NEW BREAKOUT GATEWAY TOURNAMENT CHAMPION........everything else disappears. I’m not broken. I’m not listening to simple words anymore. I have taught myself to shun those who attempt to share my time on the path of eternal greatness and happiness as I refuse to occupy my life with those who are insecure. The shaky ground on which you Miz walk will soon open up at Wrestlemania and swallow you as Raven allows your blood to fill the streets. You will seek mercy and cry in the pain of your stupidity as the realization of your fate comes to light.

There are lines circling it, breaking up the images at points down the vase. The water pours into a smaller, but similar vessel. The hole is small enough to prevent a full drain, but just enough to allow the "drip-Drop" of the water into the catch basin on the floor below. The feed continues on Raven who now has sat behind a a massive oak desk. His fingers drumming across the tabletop, his eyes move around the room he’s in but never looking at the camera. It goes on like this for a moment, until Raven begins to lean into the camera, spitting his words with venom, his jaw muscles tightening.

Raven:
These are the most dangerous shoulders in the industry of professional wrestling to put a world title on, and that’s what you Miz are doing entering the ring you have become an unfortunate soul who thinks the road to a EBWF World title will be a breeze.

His fingers drumming across the tabletop, He pauses, looking down at the desk again, his shirt rattling from an obvious rapping of his leg.

Raven:
Nothing is going to stand in my way. I may have not have history with the Miz here in the EBWF, but I don’t care. I’m putting everything on the backburner because this is MY CHANCE. This is my shot, I’m the avatar of brutality and nothing less when inside the EBWF ring.

Raven groans and looks into the lens.

Raven:
EBWF have you given up on opponents for me? You stack the deck each week against me and expect someone like The Miz to end my violence, the guy has had several chances, had a shot at titles multiple times. Move on. We get it; he WAS good. But his time here in the EBWF is washed up.

Raven rises

Raven:
I want guys like The Miz to understand that this journey to the title is what using your fist to grind metal into mortar will get you. The legacy of Raven is what punching your hand into boiling water again and again will get you. And when you put this weapon with inside a ring at Wrestlemania.... LET THE VIOLENCE BEGIN

The candles in the room dance, eerily

Raven:
I'm gaining ground on what is mine. I will have my world title. The hunt is back on. There will be howling when I take the belt- yours in grief, mine in triumph. I am truly perilous. I will claim no responsibility for the horror i will leave at Wrestlemania. Gone will be the civility. Gone will be the pleasantries. The only man remaining will be Raven and then right at the top if you can see that high, you’ll see the person who dethroned you all..

Raven rolls his sleeves up, He grabs the front of the camera and focuses it in on his eyes.

Raven:
After all of that climbing and what has felt like a constant struggle here in the EBWF, I guess when it all comes down to the conclusion, and my hand is raised in victory, what will be left in the hearts and minds of the audience? As the blood runs down my face and I taste the red juice of victory, just how much of an impression can I leave? As my thoughts race, I tend to ponder these things, and with that comes very innovative methods. You haven’t seen my brand of punishment before, but you Miz will get a proper introduction at Wrestlemania. There will be no tolerance, I will continue to show no mercy, and you will learn what it is like to really have no escape.

Raven turns his back and begins to walk away,

Raven:
Sometimes sacrifices must be made – both physical and mental. Disconnecting from those who you feel an attachment to causes you to hold yourself more responsible. We are all faced with tough life decisions and instead of continuous disappointment and broken spirits it’s more brave to move on than allow the masochism to continue on. Not everyone can come to terms with the reality of life when i hold a EBWF world title. Those who awaken the beast within will find solace on the lonely road and a choice between contentment and further success. This is the life that few will travel and fewer will understand. The beast inside me must be exercised, not exorcised.

He drops his head as he begins to mentally prepare to go to war for the Breakout/Gateway Championship Tournament final

Raven:
Even villains deserve a Martyr and I’m stepping out of the darkness now, soon the Miz’s of the world wont be enough to stop me....Quote The Bálor Club...nevermore

As Raven disappeared the recording stopped and the message was sent The camera lingers for a moment, anticipating some final action, but then the video fades