Injustice

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Ben M

Injustice

Post by Ben M »

OOC: Good luck to April and Mary :)

----------------------------------------------------

The scene opened in Leva's Library. The Librarian, Leva Bates, was standing in front of a notice board. On the notice board where three pictures, numbered 1 to 3. The first picture was of Leva wearing a pair of blue pants and a yellow and blue jacket. The picture was crossed out with a yellow and black cross, and underneath it was the caption "thank u, next". The second picture was of Leva as The Librarian, but behind her there was a jaguar (the cat, not the car) waiting to pounce. This picture was crossed out with a gold and white cross, and underneath it was the caption "Dark days left behind". The third picture was Leva standing in an EBWF ring, looking up at the Wrestlemania sign. The caption under this picture was blank. Leva looked at the picture, smiled, then turned to the camera and began to speak.

Leva Bates: You know, it’s really quite fitting that we're in Florida for Wrestlemania 20. After all, I have a lot of memories in this state. Some good, some bad... but overall, being back here reminds me that I have unfinished business. You might remember from my story at Wrestlemania that I just didn't seem to fit in on the yellow and black brand, or on Tony's pet project. And yet, here in EBWF, I've finally been given a chance. The chance I deserve; a chance to shine. At the Royal Rumble, I was the runner-up, which in most sports would be seen as a great accomplishment, but in wrestling terms, all that meant is I was one step away from my dream – a Women's Championship match at Wrestlemania. It was a bitter disappointment, but one I could live with. After all, I knew what I was signing up for by competing in the Royal Rumble. If you don't win, you don't get the title shot. It's as simple as that... or so I was led to believe. This year, there was a twist.

Leva walked across the library, to where there was a TV. A video began to play recapping the announcement on Warfare that Becky Lynch was being added to the Women's Championship match at Wrestlemania. As Becky celebrated this, Leva shook her head and turned off the TV.

Leva Bates: I lost to Raquel Diaz at the Royal Rumble, and as a result, Raquel will be challenging Tam Nakano for the Women's Championship at Wrestlemania. But it won't be a one-on-one match, no. Becky Lynch is challenging Tam Nakano too. Because she beat Tam Nakano on Warfare. But do you know who beat Becky Lynch? I did.

Leva turned the TV back on, and another video played. This video showed Leva Bates eliminating Becky Lynch from the Royal Rumble match.

Becky Lynch finished third in the Rumble, and yet that didn't deter her from the narrative she has been spinning for over a year. That she is, and I quote, "the rightful Women's Champion". This is a woman who spent the run up to Wrestlemania last year saying that she should get a shot at Shayna Baszler, even though she lost to Trish Stratus. Becky went on to win the Queen of the Ring tournament, thus earning a Women's Championship match at Summerslam. Let's remind ourselves how that one went...

A third video played on the TV, showing the finish of Becky Lynch versus Trish Stratus at Summerslam. Becky had Trish in the Dis-arm-her, but Trish was able to roll her up for a three count. As the referee called for the bell, Trish stayed down on the mat, clutching her shoulder.

Leva Bates: I wasn't an EBWF superstar back then... I watched that match at home. And what I saw was Becky give Trish Stratus everything she had, to the point where she injured Trish's shoulder... but Trish was still able to get the victory. It was an amazing accomplishment, and it reinforced why I have so much respect for Trish Stratus. That's what I saw. What Becky saw was that she had been "cheated". Despite getting a title shot and losing, she still considered herself the rightful Women's Champion. If it weren't for the fact that The Coalition think they're the greatest faction the EBWF has even seen despite the fact they've barely won a match between them, I'd be calling Becky Lynch the most deluded person in the EBWF locker room.

Leva walked back to the notice board where she had been standing before. The three pictures had been taken down, and replaced with another picture – a picture promoting the triple threat match for the Women's Championship at Wrestlemania. Underneath this picture was a caption in big red text – INJUSTICE.

Leva Bates: A lot of people become lost for words when they're angry. But not me – I can always articulate how I feel. And so when I think about Becky Lynch being in the Women's Championship match at Wrestlemania, the first word that comes to mind is INJUSTICE. Injustice because a woman I eliminated from the Royal Rumble has been given a title opportunity before me. Injustice because Raquel Diaz has been robbed of the one-on-one title shot that she earned by winning the Royal Rumble. Injustice because the woman Tam Nakano beat for the Women's Title, Trish Stratus, hasn't had her rematch yet. I was warned when I signed for EBWF that Wes Ikeda doesn't care about the women's division, and the sequence of events leading up to Wrestlemania proves that. Trish has been forgotten, and Becky has been given an opportunity she doesn’t deserve. Thankfully, I have been given an opportunity too. An opportunity to right those injustices, and get the Women's Title shot that I deserve. At Wrestlemania, I will be taking on Bayley, Taya Valkyrie and an unannounced competitor in a fatal four way elimination match to determine the next number one contender for the Women's Championship. What that means for Trish Stratus and her rematch, I don’t know. But I am going to make a promise right now. If I win the fatal four way, become the Women's Champion and Trish still hasn’t had her rematch... the first women I will defend the title against will be Trish Stratus.

A voice could be heard off camera asking Leva "aren't you thinking a little far ahead?" Leva glared past the camera, and shushed the voice.

Leva Bates: Be quiet, Derek! This is a library. Besides you're here to film, not to give your opinion. Although since you ask, yes I am thinking ahead. That's what I do. I'm like a great chess player, always thinking three moves ahead. That doesn't mean I don't know what I need to do first – I do. I need to take out the pawns that are standing between me and a shot at the Women's Champion. There is Bayley, who I've known a long time. When I worked with Bayley back in my days as an enhancement talent with Blue Pants, Bayley was one of the nicest and most hard-working people I knew. These days, she seems to have developed an attitude problem. A few weeks ago, she had a chance to take on the Women's Champion, Tam Nakano, and she refused because she wasn't getting a large pyro entrance. Are you kidding me? What an ego. Bayley, you've been wrestling for almost as long as I have. You know how much hard work it takes to get to the top. But it takes even more hard work to stay there. Don't let your success go to your head, because it's a long way down from the top. I don't know what pyro EBWF has planned for you at Wrestlemania, but I can promise you there will be fireworks. Because I am going to fight tooth and nail to make sure you don't get another shot at the Women's Champion.

Leva paused for a moment, then continued.

Leva Bates: I also need to take care of the newest woman on the EBWF roster, Taya Valkyrie. I've worked with Taya before, but I don't know her very well. Having said that, I've watched her career with interest. You've made quite an Impact over the last few years, haven’t you? A record-breaking title reign, challenging for the World Title... impressive. It's no wonder EBWF signed you, and yet... before the ink had even tried on your contract, you let it get to your head didn’t you?

Leva walked back over to the TV, which was not displaying two of Taya's tweets:

TayaValkyrie: The true Queen has arrived

TayaValkyrie: The Queen is coming for her crown

Leva sighed.

Leva Bates: It's no wonder you seem to get along so well with Becky Lynch, you seem to live in the same fantasy world that she lives in. What is it that makes you a queen, Taya? You've had one match here. You might have won your debut match, but at Wrestlemania you're going to have to outlast three other women if you want to go 2 and 0. You might be able to beat Bayley – she's as arrogant as you are, so it's probably just a case of who wants it more. But I can promise you, you don't want that "crown" you speak of as much as I do. You talk about being Women's Champion as if it's an entitlement, whereas I know I'm not entitled to anything. Everything I've accomplished in the last fifteen years as a professional wrestler, I've earned it. I earned my EBWF contract, I earned my opportunity at Wrestlemania, and I will make damn sure I come out on top and earn a chance to become Women's Champion. It doesn't matter who the "mystery entrant" is either... there isn't anyone who can stand in my way.

Leva walked back to the notice board. The picture of her standing in an EBWF ring, looking up at the Wrestlemania sign, was back on the board. This time it had a caption:

"The path to glory, rightfully earned."