The Kingdom's Queen

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

The Kingdom's Queen

Post by Billy »

It was Saturday, March 27th and Wrestlemania weekend was well underway. Renee Young was half an hour into hosting a pre-Mania show for Youtube, Facebook and EBWF.net in her navy-blue suit with a white blouse. She had been using a small stack of notecards with the EBWF logo printed on the back to keep track of the early talking points covering the lead up to the biggest night of the year. Renee took a breath and sat the stack down on the desk in front of her. She mouthed something off camera and awaited a response. The return was inaudible on the feed, but Renee’s reaction was clear. She turned back to the camera with a forced smile and swallowed. She glanced down at the stack of cards without tilting her head.

Renee Young
The road to WrestleMania has been a quiet one for the EBWF Women’s division since the title changed hands at the Royal Rumble earlier this year. In a single night, a new champion and new challenger were crowned for the greatest prize in women’s wrestling today! By overcoming the legendary Trish Stratus, Tam Nakano made a statement and a name for herself in the EBWF. On the same night, a former EBWF Women’s Champion would also solidify her ticket to Wrestlemania by winning the Royal Rumble for a second time in her short career. In fact, we are going to take a quick look back at that challenger’s time in the EBWF.

The shot cutaway from Renee to a black screen with the EBWF logo centered. The first notes of “You Should See Me In A Crown” by Billie Eilish started to play as the logo cross faded to the crown logo of Kingdom. The crown spun around several times as it slowly changed to the version with a red gemstone in the center tine used in Raquel Diaz merchandise. As the lyrics cut in on the song, the video package began in earnest. Raquel Diaz was making her way to the ring for the 2019 Royal Rumble. The San Antonio crowd came alive for the Texas native. Jump cut to Raquel and Trish stratus circling one another before the first lock up of that match. Another quick cut to Becky Lynch and Mickie James forcing Raquel over the top rope and then to a knee in Lynch’s midsection from the outside and dumping the top rope for Mickie James to be eliminated. Zelina Vega was eliminated by a massive powerbomb over the top rope. It jumped again to Raquel, Zahra Schreiber, Trish Status and Torrie Wilson standing in separate corners starring at one another. Raquel hit a massive Gory Bomb on Zahra, quick snaps of the trio of suplexes that make up the three amigos. The final suplex landed Zahra on the apron. The video cut out the power struggle between the two, opting instead to simply show Raquel’s dropkick to win her first EBWF Royal Rumble and the Women’s Championship in the same move. The music faded out over images of Raquel clutching the title to her chest in celebration.

Mauro Ranallo
What a performance from Raquel tonight! A memorable debut for the second generation superstar… I’m sure Eddie is looking down on her with pride!

The song ramped back up at the start of the chorus. Cut away from the victory of 2019 to this years Royal Rumble. Diaz ran around the ring and ripped Tay Conti to the floor making her first elimination before ever entering the ring. Jump to Raquel in one corner, Leva Bates in another and Becky Lynch and Winter standing near to one another on the other side of the ring. Raquel hit Lynch with a Gory Bomb and unceremoniously threw her from the ring. Raquel slammed Bates into the steps, bounced her head off the corner post and rolled her back into the ring. A HUGE Frogsplash in another call back to her father’s wrestling career. Raquel dropped her final opponent over the top rope with a guillotine to win her second Women’s Royal Rumble. The song trailed off with Raquel Diaz standing in the center of the ring committing to the iconic and somewhat cliché pose of pointing to the Wrestlemania sign. The song was over, and the video package faded back to the EBWF logo. Quickly Renee Young was back on screen. She was collected and smiling with a death grip on the notecards. Her eyes shot a glance to the left and she nodded.

Renee Young
EBWF Universe, my guest at this time is one of the two women who will challenge Tam Nakano for the EBWF Women’s Championship tomorrow night at WRESTLEMANIA! She is a two-time Royal Rumble winner, former EBWF Women’s Champion and part of one of the greatest wrestling dynasties in the history of the sport. Raquel Diaz!

Renee shifted her chair to the left side of the frame as Raquel entered from the right. A chair was brought in quickly by a crew member. She gave him a nod and flattened out her black suede dress before taking her seat. Raquel flashed a sly smile at Renee.

Renee Young
I’d like to begin by reminding you that you signed an agreement promising no physical confrontation between the two of us for the duration of this event weekend. After our last interaction, I want to make sure that I’m safe being in the same space as you.

Raquel Diaz
Renee, that’s all water under the bridge.

Renee Young
Perhaps for you it is, but I’m not so over it. I just hope we can get through this interview without trying to kill one another.

Raquel Diaz
Well, you’re safe from me. I’m saving all my strength for my title match tomorrow night. And as a sign of good faith, I would like to apologize for my actions last time. I know that it wasn’t right of me to take out my frustration on your or any member of the EBWF team.

Renee Young
That sounds a bit like a rehearsed line.

Raquel smiled without her eyes. Both women shot a glance off screen but to opposite sides. They looked back at each other and exchanged the same heartless smile.

Renee Young
Personal problems aside, you find yourself in an interesting predicament tomorrow night as you’ll now be in a triple threat match with Tam Nakano and Becky Lynch for the EBWF Women’s Championship. Up until just a couple weeks ago it was set to be a singles match between yourself and the Champion, what are your thoughts on Angelina Love adding the Cerebral Lassassin to the title match tomorrow?

Raquel Diaz
Interesting isn’t it? Love likes to get involved in these moments to “set the course of Women’s wrestling” and guide the division from beyond the proverbial grave. Not putting herself in harms way but doing what she “thinks” is best for the company, the division and the title. Sometimes she makes a great call and others are quite simply… SHIT. Those bad decisions go on to push the fans away, ostracize talent and expose the weaknesses in the division.

Renee Young
Push away the fans in what way?

Raquel Diaz
Well, just look at this choice Renee. Do you think adding Becky Lynch into any match is going to drive ticket sales, put buts in seats or draw eyes to the company? Can you even imagine the damage that Becky and Winter could do to the reputation of this industry on a press tour? Seriously, we’ve all heard Becky on the mic and we all know that’s were she gets the moniker of Cerebral Lassassin. I mean she just slays the crowd every time she starts talking! She leaves their cerebral cortexes mush out of sheer boredom. You want to know what she’s got to say? I’m Becky Lynch, this is my life partner Winter and I am going to beat everyone up!

Renee Young
A good point, you know with Becky Lynch in this match you’re going to have to deal with Winter at ringside. How do you keep your eyes on the two other women in the match and still track what Winter is doing outside the ring?

Raquel Diaz
You don’t. You ignore Winter at ringside as much as the fans do. Her impact on Becky’s career has been so minimal that I can’t even imagine why she keeps her around beyond her ability to talk. I mean, she’s no Shakespeare, but she is better with her words then that tonta Lynch is. She can manage to put together a sentence or two when she’s needed. And that’s all she amounts to in professional wrestling. She’ll never be great, she’ll always be in Beck’s shadow and even that is eclipsed by such talentless losers as Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan and Torrie Wilson.

Renee Young
That’s a lot of vitriol to spit at this division. For someone who claims that Love’s decisions can ostracize talent, you seem to be doing a lot of that yourself.

Raquel Diaz
Any woman on this roster who doesn’t harbor seeds of hatred and rage in her heart for every other woman on the roster is a fool. You’re not here to make friends. We’re not going out in front of the whole world to play hopscotch, jump rope and braid each other’s hair. This is a combat sport. The matches are little more than battles against bitter enemies. You treat a girl like she’s your ally and you’ll never see the knife being driven into your back. That’s no way to live. That’s the way to die. I’m not here to die. I’m here to thrive, to conquer, to win! I’m here to win and I don’t need to make friends with the rest of these women to do just that. I don’t care who you put me in the ring against, Lynch, Winter, Nakano, Bliss, Wilson, Stratus, Morgan, Riott, Rousey, you, Love or ANYONE ELSE! I’m going to war and I’m coming back the sole survivor. That’s what I do!

Renee Young
What about all your other connections? You’ve got your husband, Elias and your cousin in Kingdom with you. Clearly you understand the benefit of allies, why is this different?

Raquel Diaz
Do you see Chavo, Elias or Aiden competing for MY Women’s title? N0! Have all the friends you want in any division that isn’t your division. The people who aren’t likely to turn on you for their own shot at glory and fame. You never let a competitor into your circle unless you want to be dethroned!

Renee Young
That’s a very harsh way to look at a roster full of wonderful women.

Raquel Diaz
I’m sure they all have just wonderful personalities. But, I’m a winner and I don’t have time to be a naïve little schoolgirl. And that’s why I don’t let someone like Winter do my talking for me. That’s why I don’t have someone else fighting my battles. That’s why I win matches. That’s why I DESERVE this shot at the Women’s Championship! I earned my spot, but not Becky. Nope. Becky doesn’t do her own talking. She can’t pull off a win when it matters the most. But most importantly, she didn’t earn her spot in this match. Angelina Love made one of the worst choices of her career and handed Lynch a shot she couldn’t earn if her life depended on it. She tainted the best match of Wrestlemania with the CL, Consummate Loser. So Becky.

Raquel pushed the chair back as she stood up. Standing, she was towering over Renee Young who tilted away from her and looked up.

Raquel Diaz
Becky, I hope with everything I have that you’ve celebrated this little victory. That you’ve really taken in what it means to be handed a spot at Wrestlemania. I hope that you’ve enjoyed the build up, the weekend of events and the pomp that comes with being on the card. I hope you’ve taken all of this in. I also hope you relish in the history that’s going to be made at Wrestlemania. As the daughter of the greatest wrestler to ever live becomes a two time EBWF Women’s Champion! When the crown comes back to Kingdom and this whole division bows at my feet! I hope you understand the gravity of the situation you find yourself hopelessly lost in. Because, it was a bad decision. You don’t have what it takes to go one on one with me. You don’t have what it takes to run this division. You and the paper champion may have thrived in the EBWF in my absence but look at all I’ve accomplished since I returned!

Raquel stepped around the edge of the desk and the camera followed her. She put a hand on her hip and held the other in a clinched fist. She raised a finger.

Raquel Diaz
Becky Lynch, I beat you. You and me. Your little pet at ringside and who walks away with a victory? I did. Breathe that in. I’ve already proven this year that I’m better than you. You and Tam. Yeah Tam, I’m talking to you now. Remember a time in the EBWF when you seemed unstoppable, undefeatable, unavoidable? A time before Raquel Diaz was fit for action. A time before Kingdom pulled itself together and started our campaign of greatness. I remember. I sat at home and watched you run rough shot over this division. I watched you bury women with years more experience. I watched you best women stronger than you. I watched as you had your meteoric rise to stardom. As you earned, and you did earn it, your shot against Trish Stratus for the Royal Rumble. Then management booked you in what you hoped would be another check mark on your list. Oh to best a Guerrero in the ring. Another former Women’s Champion fallen at the feet of Tam Nakano.

Raquel held up a second finger.

Raquel Diaz
And I stopped you in your tracks. The woman looking down the barrel of this camera came back to the EBWF and handed you a loss that many didn’t think you would ever recover from. Like Becky a week later I exposed you for what you truly were. Another woman. Just like all the ones you had beaten to land at my feet. You weren’t unstoppable. No, I stopped you. You weren’t undefeatable. I beat you right in the center of that ring. A feat no one else had accomplished. You weren’t unavoidable. Your reign over the division came to an end the night I showed this Universe that you could be put down like anyone else on the roster. I humanized you. Knocked you down off the pedestal that the fans had built for you. Then came the Royal Rumble. I can’t imagine how it felt watching backstage. It could have been anyone. Anyone but Raquel Diaz. Anyone else and it was easy breathing. But it wasn’t anyone was it Tam?

Raquel held up a third finger.

Raquel Diaz
It was me. I walked into that Women’s Royal Rumble match with a mission and I accomplished it. Even with both Becky and Winter in the final four I walked out of the Rumble with my ticket punched to Mania. Once again dashing Becky’s hopes on the hard rocks of reality. I can’t imagine the pit developing in your throat. The nerves washing over your thoughts. You could walk out at Rumble and beat Trish Stratus but you had to walk out knowing that all roads lead to Wrestlemania and Raquel Diaz. You knew before you took hold of that title that your time with it was limited. That your days as the Women’s Champion were numbered and those numbers started dwindling from the first time you closed your eyes as the Champ. The fear you’ve lived with knowing that it’s all coming to a head tomorrow at Wrestlemania.

Raquel held up four fingers with her finger crossed over her palm, the traditional hand gesture of the Four Horsemen. She glanced down and smiled.

Raquel Diaz
When the dust settles the Universe is going to know what the three of us have known all along. There was never any hope. There was never any luck. There was never any alternative. Raquel Diaz is the future of the Women’s Division. I am the Queen and my reign is fiat. La mejor. I am the best woman in professional wrestling. Reina de dios. I represent the Guerreros, the first family of Lucha. Better than the Von Erich’s. Greater than the Anoa’I family. Yeah, Rocky, my dad was better in his day than you will ever be. More important than the Rhodes. We eclipse the Colon family by leaps and bounds. My uncles, father and grandfather put that DUNGEON up north to shame with their southern style. They proved they were better than the Harts! And let’s be real for a moment, I’m more important to this industry than anyone who has ever worn the name Ikeda. Don’t think for a moment that Kingdom has lost sight of you. I’m going to war tomorrow night and I’m walking out with the gold. You can take that to the bank.

Raquel closed her fist and pressed it against the camera.

Raquel Diaz
Tonight is your last night Tam. Hold that title close, cuddle it like P-Chan. Then tomorrow when you wake up, make sure to clean your stink from it. Make sure it’s presentable for when they raise my arm in victory to cap off a wonderful night! You could even do me a favor and go ahead and peel off that nameplate.

Raquel stepped back around the table and took a seat next to Renee. She turned in slightly to face her. Renee took a deep breath.

Renee Young
I guess we’ve made it through this with everyone intact.

Raquel Diaz
I told you, I’m saving everything I have for Tam Nakano and Becky Lynch. After tomorrow I run this division with an Golden Fist. My grip is going to be solid and my reign pure. Then, you and I can settle up for past transgressions.

Raquel stood up and towered over Renee again. She looked down at her and flashed one of her trademark wicked grins. Renee recoiled slightly, the sound of her chair rolling across the stage stabbed through the silence lingering between them. Raquel held out an open palm to Renee who timidly shook it. Raquel backed away slowly, maintaining an intense amount of eye contact. Once she was off frame Renee turned back to the camera and wiped her brow.

Renee Young
That was one of the three women who will compete for the EBWF Women’s Championship, Raquel Diaz. We’ve got a lot more show for you tonight but first, let’s take a look at the battle brewing for the EBWF World Championship!
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*