I will not be your catalyst, you WILL BE MINE

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Raven

I will not be your catalyst, you WILL BE MINE

Post by Raven »

The weathered hero sits in his own personal hell. That’s right…hell. Hours away from the most pivotal point of his career, he should be on a natural high. He should be swelled with excitement and elation. However, all he can feel is the impending doubt that resides within him. A cautionary, subliminal “woe is me” pours over him as he sits in a pew. Distraught by the typical singular direction of his quest to become King of the Ring, he treads where he normally doesn’t. Church. It’s what’s best, right?

It’s the usual crowd in the church today. Sparse and vacant. The sheep come and go as they please. Drop a dime in the plate and move on. Dip their fingers in the water, douse themselves, and continue on with their day. But not him. His head against the pew in front of him, his fists clenching the Good Book, and his mind on a one-way path to the area none tend to delve. Unlike most, he sits one row from the front.

Bad Luck Fale: “A catalyst to help you find reason, purpose, and strength…

The people pass by him. They look down at him, they acknowledge a face of sorrow, dismay, and even question his legitimacy and his reasons for being in the House of God. Just like everyone else, you have to wonder why they believe in something they can’t touch. Why do you weep for some being that may or may not even be listening?

Bad Luck Fale: “My mother once told me that she went to church on Sunday. She heard the word of God resonate in these walls, and she felt the Holy Spirit over come her with joy and hope. Something I don’t understand, something I refuse to understand. Not because I fear it, but because I don’t feel it. She tells me that she talks to God, and I don’t understand how she can talk to God, but not talk to me. I know deep inside of her, she wonders why I keep up that wall. It’s protection and resolve too. Here in these walls, here in between these stained glass cells, wooden pews and effigies, the ghosts of the Saints, and the parishioners of billion dollar lies, she finds the strength – just like Jeff Hardy, Just like Rey Mysterio and Tama Tonga. They all have something they look up towards.

His thoughts may seem erratic. Non-linear, not very cohesive. The church grows dark from the outside. The sun is gone, and any light that shines through is from the street lamps that illuminate a weary wanderer’s way home. There may be bats in the belfry, or angels and devils on the shoulders of men, whispering in their ears to do good or evil. Nothing sits on his shoulders. Nothing but the world.

Bad Luck Fale: “Without me, this would not be possible. For ANY OF YOU. One thing I’ve come to understand lately is that it’s always at the expense of others that we must succeed. Through the actions of another, or the failures of one, you find the path you are seeking. I was a catalyst for every man to touch that gold since DAY ONE. If not for me, Jeff Hardy would not be the semi finalist , barking at me that he considers me a whiner, a man only dreaming of being King, and not conceiving it. I assure you, this catalyst is one that has taken much time to form, and it has only been through me that you achieved what you have. I’m not begging credit; I’m informing you of your plight – without me, this would not be possible.

He brings his head up. It’s not adrenaline that spurns him; it’s something else inside of him

Bad Luck Fale: All of these “ifs” and its something I’ve taken a good hard look at it. For months now, hell – years even, I’ve represented that which everyone has used to get ahead. I’ve climbed the ladder but still been a stepping stone for many men so far to become great. Every time I step in the ring, I am reminded of my failings that have helped secure your victories.

Fale stands up and enters the aisle. Up the few steps to stand in front of Jesus Christ, savior and salvation for the modern world. He doesn’t turn his head away, not out of disrespect, but because he doesn’t see any need to.

Bad Luck Fale There is one thing I do know, and I can’t explain, I just feel it. I’ve got an angel. And she never knew anything about the world, and how cruel it is. For a long time, I’ve been the catalyst for every man in the EBWF. I look into everyone’s eyes and know that their lives would be much easier if they would just stop pretending. But that’s beyond their powers right now.

He doesn’t hop up in Jesus’ face. That time has come and gone. He’s not even in the presence of the Lord now. It’s something else. Something in the way he speaks that you just know it’s not some deity he begs for guidance. It’s something much more simpler.

Bad Luck Fale: “I said when I debuted there would be a reckoning. A reckoning so severe that man would tremble before me. It would shake mountains and disrupt the very fabric of our times. I have not failed; I’ve merely been sidetracked. And now I’m back on that path. And that path leads to the EBWF Throne. It’s not a life-long dream that I accomplish. It’s not for power, It’s not for respect, It’s not for bragging rights. I’ve been a catalyst for the EBWF’s finest, and now I’m going to turn this around on three men wanting the throne. I’m effectively turning Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy and Tama Tonga’s world upside down. This is not what you wanted, but this is what you’re getting.

Fale scans the church again

Bad Luck Fale:“I was made an example. By many men and it was seen and ignored. Like so many of you have done to me. The world wants to say this is where I get off. This is the stop where I pack up my things and head home. No. I’ve surprised you thus far. My staying power has been immeasurable. You didn’t expect me to make this far. You expected Bad Luck Fale to just fade out. That he’d vanish and step back. Relegate and fester in the abyss. I know that every one of you never expected that Jeff Hardy would have to share the marquee with Bad Luck Fale. You expected me to fail. But I don’t fail, not like you think. I surge. I contain more resolve than you realize. I’ve lasted the giants, and the sheer brutality. I’ve got holes in my back to prove it now, and while they are just mire scar tissue to mock, they represent my undying passion to rise above.

There are a few stragglers in the church. Drunks seeking shelter. They glance at Fale a moment before taking their seat. He’s speaking loudly and those in attendance do hear him but ignore it. His voice falls on deaf ears, as always.

Bad Luck Fale: “One thing you’ve all managed to do is assume that Bad Luck Fale will go quietly into the night. And that no matter what I say nor do, you will surmount more strength, speed, and intelligence in this war. You question my resolve. You doubt my lasting power in this fiasco.

Fale smirks his grin

Bad Luck Fale:“I’m invisible to everyone, for one reason or another. I’m that little thorn in your side that you swat at. I’m annoying as hell to you, and you still think it to be nothing. I may very well be that thorn, however miniscule it may be, or how evidently it pales in comparison to you, I will shut your mouth. For far too long I’ve sat back and accepted my shortcomings. I will climb the ladder to greatness, I’ve been climbing it my whole life. And now I go one more rung up. I go one more step, and I grab my destiny. And you will all dread it. It will infuriate all of you to know that I will be the EBWF King. This is about what I want to accomplish. I refuse to be an example of any more. I will not be your catalyst, you WILL BE MINE.

He looks at Jesus. If Jesus could speak, he’d probably ask Bad Luck to leave.

Bad Luck Fale: “I woke up this morning and believed in something for once. Believed in a hope that stretches far beyond that of what you hold so dear. I have a conscience. I have a purpose. I have the strength. And I have the power. I woke up this morning and realized I have everything I need now. And when you combine them all, like chemicals mixing, they present the perfect catalyst – and that’s me. But not in the way you’re hoping. It presents a catalyst in you. Which will direct me, straight to my goal. At King of the Ring, make no mistake about it; leave your doubts at the entry way, at King of the Ring…. Bad Luck Fale will be your King. And there’s not a damn thing you can do about it. The more you get used to it, the better it’ll feel.

He steps down and starts to wander down the aisle. He looks back for just a moment.

Bad Luck Fale:“I do this, not for God. Not for science. Not for the fans, or for record books. I do this for myself. I do it for every single man in the EBWF who has stood by and watched things get stolen from them time and time again. I represent the underdog, this is true. This time last year, none of you predicted that Bad Luck Fale would be vying for the EBWF Throne . And it’s come true. I will not let this slip out of my grasp again. This is my day, and there’s nothing Rey, Tama or Hardy can do to take that away from me. You’re welcome to try boys. But don’t be too distraught when you fail.

He exits the church to find the dark sky blanket the Earth. He looks down each sidewalk to see a scattered few walking. He waits for a young man to pass, then steps out onto the side walk and strolls down it. Down the path, a long one, and at the end of it, is everything he wants. A catalyst is something that speeds up the process, often times redirecting the path one is on. Bad Luck Fale was a catalyst for many men, and now he’s one for himself.