Starting the Hunt

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Billy

Starting the Hunt

Post by Billy »

----------------------------------------
Uploaded to ALL EBWF Social Media Accounts
----------------------------------------
The shot opened on Austin Gunn’s back as he peered into the open trunk of a cherry red Dodge Challenger. The contents of the trunk were obscured by the angle of the camera. A brown leather jacket was hanging out of the back of the trunk with Austin bracing himself on it. In the background a run-down house loomed in the distance. The crumbling structure was something pulled right off the screen from a horror movie. Colten Gunn popped his head out of the passenger window before pulling himself to a seated position on it. He was staring at his brother. Austin was oblivious to this change.

Colten Gunn
Are you sure about this one?

Colten’s voice broke Austin’s concentration and he shook his head. His gaze darted upwards to meet Colten’s. The camera panned out to the side of the vehicle placing the brother’s on opposite sides of the screen. The house, now out of view, was replaced by a dark thick tree line.

Austin Gunn
What?

Colten Gunn
I said, are you certain we should be here.

Austin Gunn
This is the place, I’m sure.

Colten Gunn
You said that about the last four places. Come on, I’m tired and hungry!

Austin pulled his jacket up and over his shoulder. He slammed the hood shut.

Austin Gunn
Take a look around, how could this not be the place?

Colten Gunn
Why in the world would dad want us to come out here to some creepy house in the middle of nowhere? What does he gain? More importantly, what do we gain? It just doesn’t make any damn sense!

Austin Gunn
Look, I don’t know what’s going on inside dad’s head but I see his vision. I understand what he’s saying about the EBWF!

Colten Gunn
I’m glad one of us does. I’m just here to wrestle!

Austin Gunn
That’s not good enough anymore! Damn it Colten, you’ve got to focus! It’s not just EBWF either, it’s a plague on our entire industry!

Colten Gunn
This isn’t a new thing.

Austin tossed the jacket up on the hood and walked closer to his brother.

Austin Gunn
And that should make you that much more terrified. People have been overlooking this for decades! Good, smart and rational people have just been looking the other way and pretending it doesn’t exist. It’s willful suspension of belief.

Colten Gunn
You mean disbelief.

Austin Gunn
No, I don’t. These people are seeing wicked, depraved and vile creatures forming right in front of their eyes and they pull them shut and pretend like there is nothing going on. We can’t stand for it anymore Colten! The Gunn Club has to do something about it. And, it has to be us because we’re brothers! That’s how this works.

Colten Gunn
What? Why does that even matter?

Austin Gunn
All the best dynamic duos are brothers!

Colten Gunn
What? No! That’s not even remotely true.

Austin Gunn
Isn’t it though? I mean, the Brothers Grimm should say it all.

Colten Gunn
They were writers.

Austin Gunn
No, the bad ass monster hunter ones! Come on, the THUNDERBIRDS!

Colten Gunn
Seriously? That’s the puppet show right?

Austin Gunn
Don’t you talk shit about the Tracy Brothers! Forget that, what about Damon and Stefan?

Colten Gunn
Excuse me, who?

Austin Gunn
The freaking Salvatore brothers. Are you serious! They’re kick ass vampire brothers that just own everyone!

Colten Gunn
Dude. You watch way way way too much television.

Austin Gunn
Maybe. But, without my deep knowledge of the CW how would we ever know to look up to Sam and Dean?

Colten Gunn
Oh my god. That’s what this is? We’re out in the middle of nowhere because you’ve been binge watching Supernatural in the hotel room! Please tell me this is some elaborate joke!

Austin Gunn
What? No! This is completely not that. Not at all. This is something completely, fully different. When have you known me to go out of my way for a one-time gag? Some elaborate setting that never pays off? When have I, you know what, don’t answer that. Look, let me reason with you.

Colten Gunn
You have five minutes and then I’ll leave with or without you!

Austin Gunn
GOOD, THAT’S ALL I NEED!!!

Austin took a deep breath.

Austin Gunn
Look at the state of the EBWF it’s overrun with monsters demons devils aliens and damned dinosaurs and they are all running wild all the time no one is even trying to stop them from causing chaos and destruction but if they have their way the EBWF that we’ve come to love will be no more and the two of us will be out of a job we can’t let that happen dad would never have let that happen in his day imagine a bunch of supernatural freaks running around in the nineties it wouldn’t happen but now EBWF is at an all time high and it’s like a ticking time bomb the whole place could go up in a puff of supernatural smoke at any moment.

Austin stopped and panted. He was out of breath.

Colten Gunn
I don’t think that’s how supernatural things work. There’s no puff of smoke.

Austin can’t catch his breath, he holds up a hand. After a few moments he took another deep breath in.

Austin Gunn
So I brought us out here to propose that we do something about the insanity building amongst the EBWF Universe a proposal that we band together like a real…. Band of brothers to take out the supernatural element and bring the reality back to our reality in the ring no more fiends or devils no more boss modes no more…

Colten Gunn
WAIT! Boss modes?

Austin Gunn
Yeah you know how the boss is always extra hard that one time you fight him but he’s never that hard if he’s unlockable a lot of these monsters roaming at the edges of civilized EBWF are boss modes that usually normal characters tap into to become unstoppable think about someone like Bray’s Fiend or Balor’s Demon a higher power in a weaker vessel or whatever you want to call it but I’m over the dozen iteration of possession and I want to put an end to the Twilight Zone of time travel while we’re at it we can put an end to werewolves vampires ghosts Mesozoic monstrosities and maybe even just a psychopath or two.

Austin held a hand up as he panted again. Struggling to catch his breath, he giggled between the chuckles. Colten was still trying to catch up to the frantic speech.

Colten Gunn
Let me consider everything. So, what you’re suggesting is that we become hunters of the supernatural in professional wrestling? Like real life Winchester Brothers?

Austin nodded, still unable to catch his breath.

Colten Gunn
You want to hunt down and destroy all these monsters taking up tv time?

Austin shook his head no.

Austin Gunn
Not destroy, just beat. Beat and beat and beat like the rhythm of a drum!

Both brothers jumped at a loud smash coming from the house. The camera whipped around to reveal a puff of smoke growing from the front door. There were several more, smaller, bangs and then Austin rushed past the camera with a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat in his hand. Several moments later a more reluctant Colten walked past the camera with a crowbar. As Austin faded into the smoke the camera went black. The EBWF logo faded in and spun around in a simple animation. Slowly the black screen and logo faded to an interior hallway in the Little Caesars Arena. The brother’s were dressed for in-ring competition but the normal bright colors of their gear had been replaced with blacks, whites and subtle shades of grey. Austin was obviously fired up.

Austin Gunn
Tonight is the night that the Gunn Club starts to make EBWF history. It’s the first step to bringing that golden shine back to the Gunn Family Name! It’s the start of something new.

Colten buried his face in his hands.

Austin Gunn
Brother, it feels so right to be standing here next to you. There’s no one in the EBWF that I would rather call my partner for what is going to be the most legendary ride of our careers. And I wish that it could be all fun and games.

Colten Gunn
But, it can’t be. No, sometimes things have got to get serious. And the time to get serious is right here. It starts right now!

Austin Gunn
A win tonight makes the Gunn Club the number one contenders to the EBWF Tag Team Titles. But, it does so much more than that. It also starts us down a path that someone in this industry has to walk. Because, we have to wake up the masses to what is going on right under your noses.

Colten Gunn
That’s right. There is a sea of monsters standing between us and our dreams. A sea that we’re going to have to fjord if we want to make a name for ourselves outside of the deeds of our legendary father.

Austin Gunn
And, to start us down the path to slaying the monstrosities plaguing the EBWF we’ve got to start somewhere. And that somewhere is with a narcissistic lycanthrope and a delusional dinosaur.

Colten leaned in and whispered to Austin.

Austin Gunn
I know who his partner is.

Colten continued to whisper.

Austin Gunn
Yes, I know that Luchasaurus is a dinosaur.

Colten sighed and whispered some more.

Austin Gunn
Well yes, but CM Punk is a dinosaur too. He’s a relic of a past that many of us would like to forget. He himself is a byproduct of that era of wrestling. Over exposed, sensationalized and over inflated. His delusion is that his limited success is the source of his mystique when we all know that the only reason anyone remembers him is because of a certain termination that occurred too soon.

Colten recoiled a bit from Austin.

Colten Gunn
I thought they were the monsters. That was a bit cold.

Austin Gunn
Don’t worry, the fans are still going to cheer for us. We can say all kinds of horrible and terrible and awful things and still get cheered. Because, the fans don’t really listen to the promos. This is basically all background noise and bathroom breaks. No one will ever hear any of it. But seriously Colten, it’s Roman and Punk. We couldn’t be the heels if we wanted to. You could kick a puppy and still have more fan support than the big dog.

Colten Gunn
Kick a puppy?

Austin Gunn
I’m not going to do it, it was just an example! I will however be just fine kicking the ass of a certain “Big Dog” all over the hallowed halls of this Imperial arena. Because, Roman, for all your howling and screaming about who owes you what since you arrived, you’ve done about as well as everyone else. You’re not the shining star you hold yourself out as, you’re just middle of the pack. Not main event material.

Colten Gunn
And, I’m sure you’re going to cut a promo about how we’re riding on the coattails of our dad’s success. But, let’s not forget that you’re a legacy too. You’ve ridden to success on the backs of generations of stars that shined brighter and had a little more talent than you. You’re big. I’ll give you that part of the “Big Dog”. You do smell like a wet dog, there’s that.

Austin Gunn
You’re a monster. Or, at least, you hold yourself out as one. And, it’s our duty to eliminate you from the hunt for an EBWF Tag Team Title shot. And, then there’s your partner. Scarcity. That’s what made you famous Punker. You left the industry for a while and people clamored for your return. Like Roman you’ve made a surprise return to the middle of the road. It’s sad really. You’d love to be a goat but you’re a Chupacabra. You feed off the energy of more talented, more intelligent, better liked men and women. Without someone dragging you to the top, you’ll never make it.

Colten Gunn
That’s straight shooting.

Austin Gunn
Heyman guys. I guess that’s why you’re getting the shot to begin with. The Gunn Club is going to put you out to pasture tonight on King of the Ring.

Colten Gunn
I can’t wait.

The screen faded back to black and the video ended with both members of the Gunn Club making finger guns.
Shaul Guerrero
*EBWF Women's Champion (x2)*
*2019 & 2021 Women's Royal Rumble Winner*
--------------------------
Aiden English
*EBWF World Champion (x3), Gateway Champion, Breakout Champion (x2)*
*2019 King of the Ring and Royal Rumble Winner*