Be King or DIE TRYING

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
D.J

Be King or DIE TRYING

Post by D.J »

The Stage was set, Rey Mysterio Jr. had gone from a nobody in the EBWF to being two wins away from becoming the companies "King of the Ring" it was an improbable turn around, that nobody could have predicted. The second Rey's mask hit the floor during that iconic interview with Jim Ross, Rey was a new man, a new competitor and had a new lease on what it meant to be an EBWF superstar. He was locked in, focused on the task at hand, unlike he'd never been before. To date in this tourney Rey had locked up wins against AJ Styles, Aiden English, and most recently Colten Gunn. To win the tourney he would have to go by the likes of Tama Tonga, followed by Bad Luck Fale or Jeff Hardy. It was an interesting final 4 to say the least, even a betting man would have been out some serious coin if he put wagers on who the remaining men in this event would be. Regardless of any of that, Rey had one more goal, and that was to win this tournament.

The scene opened up in what was clearly a studio of some sort. There were large hanging microphones in front of two empty seats. The back drop of this studio set up read "All RILED up" which was only a foreshadow as to what we were about to witness. Coming into the scene first was a familiar face we had not seen in sometime on EBWF programming. He was a former Intercontinental Champion, and had had a decent run in the EBWF both as a major player, and as some comic relief. He was now the host of his very own podcast that had become very popular amongst EBWF fans. His name was Alex Riley. He wore a black button down and khaki pants. He took a seat at the empty chair that was to the viewers left. He threw head phones on and nodded as someone from behind the camera gave him some inaudible instructions. After several beats, the door at the back of the scene opened and in walked Rey Mysterio Jr. He wore a shirt that read BOO YA KAH with an "X" through the phrase and baggy grey sweat pants. A large diamond chain hung from his neck, and he had glistening earrings to match. He gave Alex a brief fist bump as he made his way into the studio and inhabited the chair next to A-Ri. After a beat or two, Alex was very happy to kick the show off.

Alex Riley: Welcome back ladies and gentlemen to another addition of "All RILED up" it is the EBWF and professional wrestling podcast that is quite simply sweeping the nation. I may not have been able to hack it long term in the biggest company on earth, but one thing I've always been able to do is talk with the best of them, so once again I figured "why not make a podcast?" and I have been straight up blown away by the support we've gotten so far. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening, and let's get after it for another great episode, shall we? It's pretty simply put, that I have no interest in wasting any time today without introducing my guest on today's show. This man has a soft spot in my heart, because it's inevitably clear how much of a true force he is and should always be, but like some others.. MYSELF included.. he got overlooked for a very long time. Recently, he ripped off his mask in a move that people are STILL talking about, and since then he has done.. oh I don't know.. not much.. besides beating two former World Champs BACK TO BACK and then Colten Gunn to cruise into the final four of the King of the RIng tournament. A tourney that will culminate in just a couple of days at the King of the Ring Pay Per View, ladies and gentlemen please welcome today's guest on "All RILED up" Rey Mysterio Jr. Rey, thanks so much for being here.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : It's my pleasure Alex, I'm glad you invited me.. because I know none of what the guys say about you is actually true.

Alex Riley: What do they say about me?

Rey Mysterio Jr.: They well.. they.. ahh man don't even worry about it for real.. you got a podcast now.. you're doing great.. forget them.

Alex looked uncomfortable for a moment.

Alex Riley: Uh right.. forget them.. I will.. I don't care what anyone thinks of me.. I'm A-Ri!

Rey smiled.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Exactly you're A-Ri! Who the hell are they? Just some jealous guys in the back making up rumors I'm sure!

Alex continued to look troubled.

Alex Riley: What kind of rumors? You know what.. forget it.. let's shift gears off of me.. and talk about you.

Alex quickly gathered himself, after Rey had obviously thrown him for an early loop.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Whatever you say homie.. it's your show.

Alex nodded.

Alex Riley: Correct it is my show- and on my show we get nothing but answers. So right away I want to get into what everyone is wondering about, and that is.. how does it feel to basically go from being a zero to a hero.. over the past few weeks.. and what I mean is.. it's been unbelievable to watch what a success you've become after months.. years even.. of you being sort of an after thought in the EBWF.

Rey's light hearted smile quickly turned a bit sour.

Rey Mysterio Jr.: Alex.. I don't know how much I appreciate what you're insinuating here.. but I'm going to go ahead and address the condescending question you just asked me like the professional that I am. Here are the facts. Rey Mysterio Jr.. is NOT and has NEVER been a ZERO. On top of that I'm absolutely.. and should absolutely NOT be ANYONES hero. Who I am is a man.. that is dead focused on being a success in the greatest professional wrestling company on this planet. Who I am.. is somebody that simply put.. stopped taking no for an answer. Who I am.. is somebody that straight up FORCED their way into the limelight.. FORCED their way into the spotlight.. FORCED their way into being the center of attention in the EBWF. For a long time Alex.. I have been one of the best to ever lace up a pair of wrestling boots. Guys that were born in 1986.. literally had my name as their first ever SCREEN-NAMES on AOL - I have been one of the hottest tickets.. the best takes.. in this entire business for long enough than I even care to think about. So all these last few weeks have been.. all my last three victories have been.. is me finally looking in the mirror and saying.. "hey Rey.. you are BETTER than what they are portraying you as." I said "Hey Rey.. go out there and show them.. JUST how little you care about what they WANT you to be." And that is exactly what I did that day in my interview with JR. I took off my mask.. and I laid myself out there to the world.. and since I did that Alex.. I have done NOTHING but win. I am NOT an afterthought.. and if I ever was.. there's no DAMN way that I ever will be again.

Alex went to cut in, Rey didn't let him.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Why you ask? Well the first reason is.. because I'm going to win this King of the Ring tournament.. and once I do that.. I am going to be on the fast track to becoming the EBWF World Champion. A few wins doesn't make a man a success story.. it doesn't make him a 'hero' as you put it.. but THESE few wins.. should be serving as me putting the entire company on notice.. that if you think you're going to tangle with Rey Mysterio Jr.. and get the better of him.. that you are sadly.. SADLY mistaken.

Alex Riley nodded.

Alex Riley: Rey- I love your passion and it is so great to see this new found fire.. this new found confidence. However.. all the guys that are still left in this tournament. Well I mean.. no disrespect.. but they are all kind of like you. Upstarts what are all on the verge of making a huge name for themselves, if they can somehow just pull off a couple of more victories on a large stage. We got Tama Tonga.. Bad Luck Fale..and of course another veteran who is re-emerging in Jeff Hardy. What say you to the fact that though you may be hungry.. many say that ALL of the men in this match.. have that same feeling when it comes to being victorious.

Rey thought for a second before he answered.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Alex- the one thing that all three of those guys have in common is that they want to win this tournament. They all want the crown.. because of what it could do for each of their respecitive careers. It could jump start Fale.. it could jump start Tama.. and it could revitalize Jeff Hardy into being a major player in this industry once again. The one thing that none of these guys have in common with me.. is that I don't want to win.. I don't.. NO.. I HAVE to win.. I NEED to win.. and the other thing that they don't have in common with me.. is I AM GOING TO WIN. The reason I say that Alex is because a few weeks back.. I all but announced a state of emergency when it comes to being Rey Mysterio Jr. I basically told the entire world.. that it was either going to be now.. or unfortunately never.. when it came to my EBWF success story. I ripped off my mask.. even though nobody has seemed to informed Tama Tonga of this.. as he was still referring to it when I heard him last speak.. but I ripped off my mask.. and proclaimed to the world.. that this new REY would be different. I proclaimed to the world that this NEW REY would be hell bent on destruction.. hell bent on success.. and most importantly HELL BENT on winning this tournament. So far.. everything I said that day.. everything I proclaimed.. everything I promise has done nothing but come to fruition. I've done nothing but win.. and I plan on continuing that trend on Sunday, Alex. My first opponent Tama Tonga.. is a man who wants to portay himself as being a maniac. He wants to portray himself as being a man with a screw loose.. a man that's a little tapped.. a man that's unpredictable.. but Alex.. unfortunately for him.. he is ALL TOO predictable when it comes right down to it.

Alex looked interested.

Alex Riley: How do you mean?

Rey Mysterio Jr. : You know from being in the business that all too often there are all these guys that show up on the door step of this company and they are looking to make a name for themselves. Some guys paint their face.. some guys.. YELL at the microphone for people to like them or respect them. Some guys are big oafy dudes who just expect to be handed things.. and in Tama's case other's just try and portray themselves to the world as someone who is just ' too crazy ' to care about what they do, what they say, who they piss off. who they alienate in the process. Tama Tonga is a man that opened his mouth.. and said my name. He's a man that opened his mouth.. and claimed too many things.. that he's just not capable of doing after the bell rings. I"m Rey Mysterio Jr. , Alex and you know for a fact.. just like I do.. that I'm capable of wrestling a clown show like this mother f'er into a god damn pretzel if I wanted to.. and guess what bruh.. I do.. I do want to do that.. and because I want to do it.. Alex.. I AM GOING to do it. So Tama.. despite the antics that you continue to pull.. despite your desperate desire to be tough.. to be intimidating.. to be anything but pathetic.. all I need you to really bring to the table on Sunday is some salt.. and maybe some mustard.. because you're going to look awfully.. awfully.. silly when I turn you into that pretzel.. if you don't bring those things. Who likes a pretzel without salt or mustard.. am I right? Nobody.. that's who.. and honestly Tama.. similarly nobody thinks you have much of a chance to get by me in this tournament.. but if you happen to be one of the idiots that disagrees.. well then I look forward to turning you into that carnival snack.. that I know you're ready to become.

Alex Riley: Honestly Rey, I love it. I love this whole tournament this year.. because you don't have the traditional Edge.. Randy Orton.. Miz.. Jericho type final 4.. You got 4 guys who quite frankly, if they won.. it would change the scope of their entire wrestling career. I mean look at the other semi final match-up. You got Bad Luck Fale- and a returning Jeff Hardy who would KILL to get this opportunity.. KILL to become King of the RIng. How do you plan on combatting that type of desperation should you be fortunate enough to make it through to the Final?

Rey scoffed at Alex's last sentence.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Again Alex, this is your podcast so I'm going to try not to embarrass you here.. but that question you asked me was loaded with stupid damn insinuations that anyone with half of a brain cell wouldn't make.. if they actually really sat down to think about it. If I'm fortunate enough to make the final? Alex I'm going to the Final.. I'm winning the final. There's no if's.. there's no.. I hope I'm fortunate enough's.. I'm going to be fortunate enough.. because god damnit Alex.. I don't NEED LUCK.. I've been walking around the back over these past couple of days and all I've been hearing is all these "good lucks" because that's the cliche thing to say to somebody who's heading into an important series of matches.. ' hey Rey Rey.. good luck bro' and you know what I say to that Alex.. I say.. that I don't need luck.. you know why? Because I've prepared myself properly. People that prepare themselves properly.. people that work their asses off.. day in and day out to be successful.. people that have literally been waiting to SHOW the world just how iconic.. they still ARE.. DON'T NEED LUCK..all they need is.. one "ding ding ding" of the bell.. and one CRYSTAL clear display of superiority.. and that is EXACTLY what people are going to get out of me at King of the Ring. It starts with Tama Tonga.. and there's no.. IF I get by him.. it's a WHEN. WHEN I get by him.. I will face the winner of Jeff Hardy and Bad Luck Fale. Just like you pointed out Alex, both of these guys really could use the King of the Ring to jumpstart themselves. However, you nay as well consider me someone who took away and hit the jumper cables.. because I'm not interested.. and I flat out won't allow.. ANYONE to get jumpstarted by this tournament.. unless that man is me.. and news flash it will be.

Alex nodded.

Alex Riley: I love it bro.. I love the confidence. Although.. you're not the only one I've heard speak this way this week. It seems like all of your opponents have come out and basically promised to be victorious. I mean you can't all win..

Rey Mysterio laughed again.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : No Alex.. so smartly said as usual.

Rey rolled his eyes, and you could really sense his sarcasm.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : No we can't all win..and we aren't all going to win. I'm going to win. You see after I defeat Tama. My second opponent will literally be someone who's name sums up his entire being. "Bad Luck- Fale." more like " Bad Luck, Fail." This guy is about to do just that at the King of the Ring.. if HE is fortunate enough.. and if he is.. it will be LUCK.. because trust me this type of guy is EXACTLY the type that needs luck to succeed.. but if he somehow finds a way to make it to the final.. I'm going to see to it personally that this guy is NEVER confused again about where he actually stands in the EBWF. I don't want there to even be a shred of thought in this guys head that he somehow belongs in the big show.. the big title picture.. the spotlight. When it comes to that.. this guy will NEVER succeed in attaining any of that. and I mean he can just attribute it to being.. Bad Luck...

Rey smirked.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : And a fail.

Alex smiled at how Rey continued to play up that word play.

Alex Riley: So who would you rather face in the final. Do you want Bad Luck Fale? Since you don't seem to have a tremendous amount of respect for him? Or would you rather Jeff Hardy?

Rey thought for a second before responding back to this question.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Alex- I know you haven't been thought of as the smartest bulb in the shed, or the sharpest crayon in the box.. but even if you have to know that's a stupid god damn question. Have you been living under a rock as of late?

Alex went to answer, but Rey stopped him..

Rey Mysterio Jr. : You know what bro.. don't answer.. it's none of my business. But since you seem to be pretty misinformed.. let me talk to you a little bit about how much I don't CARE who gets to the final. If it's Bad Luck Fale.. I'll prove pretty clearly.. why someone like him.. doesn't belong in the ring with someone like me. He may have strung a couple of victories together.. but flukes exist.. and Bad Luck Fale is living proof of that. As far as Jeff Hardy goes.. it's just more of the same with him. Once upon a time I was the newest, hottest, most electric high flying talents in the history of the business. When you're the best at something you immediately encounter people who want to try and do what YOU do.. better than you do it. Now I welcome competition.. and I'm all for it.. when somebody shows their skills and it's a true comparrision to my own talents and abilities. Jeff Hardy does and always has been.. appearing like he's doing a drunk Rey Mysterio impression. I say drunk because he's nowhere near as fluid.. he's nowhere my execution.. he's nowhere near my level.. and if he tries to sell you on anything different.. he is staight up lying to you.. it's not even how he feels. Rey Jr.. invented high flying wrestling.. and Jeff Hardy is just a guy who has always felt like some kid "trying this at home" even when our commercials say not to. So Jeff.. I invite you my friend.. swanton bomb off the stage.. threw the announce table.. hell swanton bomb yourself all I care to hell if you want.. the fact of the matter is, you are not winning King of the Ring. Nobody is.. except FOR ME. Would this win jumpstart your careers? Yes. Do I give a shred of a shit.. the answer is no.

Alex Riley: Anything more you'd like to say to the viewers and listeners right now?

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Never let anyone tell you.. that you can't do something. ANYTHING can be achieved with focus.. and a concentration on the things that actually matter. Jeff Hardy looks completely lost in his own skin. I throw out a couple of words about a week or two back.. about how I'm no longer pandering to the fans. Fast forward to this week and there's Jeff Hardy straight up talking about the same things. Jeff.. it's already painfully obivous by the way that you perform that you'd give your left.. I'm sure pubic hair died pink orange and purple.. nut.. to be successful here.. but Jeff.. I hate to be the one to tell you this.. but it's just NOT in the cards. You want to be me.. every single thing about you would point to that. Hell I even saw you paint a mask on your face.. so you've been swagger jacking me every step of the way here.. Alex there's nothing worse. There's nothing more frustarting than things that others this try to steal. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.. I say imitation is just going to lead to the original, ruining the poser's life.. like it was my job.. because guess what? It is. It is my job to try and show how much of a savage killer I can be.. it's my job to show what a complete lightning bolt I still am.. and it is my JOB.. to win King of the Ring this weekend.. or literally DIE trying.

Alex Riley went to talk as Rey was ripping off his head phones.

Alex Riley: Well Rey making an exit here. We'll be right back with more "All RILED up" next.

THE MIZ

EBWF World Champion (x7- Current) EBWF Intercontinental Champion (x3) EBWF Tag Team Champion (x2) EBWF PTG Champion (x2 ) EBWF Gateway Champion (1x)