Low hanging fruit

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Cory

Low hanging fruit

Post by Cory »

The camera caught up with Randy Orton in his locker room as he sat on a wooden bench, finishing lacing up his left wrestling boot. He glanced up at the camera and sneered.

Randy Orton: You know, it really seems like I’ve been made the ceremonial janitor of EBWF. Last week it was Kane and Maven, this week it’s Jeff Hardy. Next time you see me, it’s Rey Mysterio. It’s like EBWF realized there’s all these corners of the building with old cobwebs, and they’re sending me out with the broom.

He shook his head as he began working on his right boot.

Randy Orton: But I guess Jeff Hardy’s age is low hanging fruit. But, in all honesty, what isn't low hanging fruit when it comes to Jeff Hardy nowadays? His well documented history with drug and alcohol abuse? Low hanging fruit. His age? Low hanging fruit. His high risk wrestling style that has damaged his body and aged him beyond his years? Also low hanging fruit. The Jeff Hardy conversation has been done to death over, and over, and over again. Everyone points out the same things every time. Which brings me to my next question...

Randy looked up at the camera with a disgusted snort and picked up the EBWF World Championship to his right, showing it to the camera.

Randy Orton: Do you see this? Do you understand what this represents? It’s proof that I’m the best in this company. It’s yet another indicator of what my career has been all about for almost 2 decades. Excellence. And yet, I continue to face a forward march of aging degenerates, veterans who don’t know when to hang it up, and never-have-beens. I could handle the disrespect if it weren’t every. single. week.

Randy but the EBWF World Championship title over his shoulder and tapped its face a couple of times with his hand. He shrugged.

Randy Orton: The reality is that I know what this is about. This is another attempt to get me out in the open so that Rey Mysterio’s dumb ass, or Paul Heyman and his pet monster can get their pound of flesh. They want to beat me down as recompense for what they think the world owes them. Not entirely unlike Jeff Hardy, who continues to flush his legacy down the drain by wrestling people that clearly outmatch him every week.

Randy stood and grinned.

Randy Orton: Well, who am I to change it if it works for him. Tonight I will help Jeff Hardy write one of the final chapters of his storied career. A career that ended years ago and Jeff never got the memo. And when you and Rey Mysterio, and Paul Heyman are all looking on dumbfounded as I remain the World Champion, I will continue to show the world the blueprint for the perfect wrestling career. One that isn’t derailed by my own stupidity.

Randy brushed past the camera as the EBWF logo flashed and the scene faded to back.