Right and Wrong

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
D.J

Right and Wrong

Post by D.J »

Rey Mysterio Jr. had had a couple of weeks off from in ring competition, but his presence was still very much felt, as he delivered a couple of chilling interviews regarding the near future in the EBWF leading into Summerslam. This week he would have a chance to get back into action against Christian Cage in the EBWF's final stop before the biggest event of the Summer Season of the EBWF calendar.

The scene opened at a meet and greet for the EBWF there were several superstars lined up in a row- the most notable perhaps was The Miz and Mickie Mizanin who happily smiled and signed autographs for many adoring fans. Strolling in late to the party was a man who didn't look quite as happy to be there. He was in a light gray sweatsuit that had a red Adidas logo on the upper left hand side of it, he had matching Red Shoes and a Red Hat on backwards. As usual he was "iced out" with two platinum earrings and a matching chain. He made his way past Miz and Mickie- only to get a wise crack from the former.

The Miz: Bling Bling!

Rey cocked his head and smirked as he sat a few seats away from the couple. In front of Rey there was a stack of pictures for him to sign. He looked less than thrilled as he sat down at the table. A mother and her 8 year old son were the first in line. The mother beat Rey to any dialogue he might have opened with.

Mother: Well Rey- I got to be honest. You were all my Timmy here used to talk about. His favorite wrestler. As of late- I almost can't even condone him watching the things you've said and done on TV. I know it's just a show, but honestly you have so many kids that looked up to you.. now I'm not sure I even want him to watch when you're on screen..

Rey took all of this in. He seemed to be very much 'in character' in this moment- but the lines had been blurred as of late. He genuinely felt like an individual on and off screen that was fed up with the way things were going so he decided to change. His answer to this remark- would continue to follow this trend.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Lady.. why is that my problem? I never claimed to be a role model- I never asked for anyone to look up to me..

The Miz couldn't help himself.

The Miz: And I mean.. look at him.. nobody really ever has looked up to him..

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Isn't there some Greys Anatomy Trivia you guys should be at ?

Mickie Mizanin laughed at this.

Mickie Mizanin: Nobody wants that smoke..

Miz and Mickie fist bumped and blew it up, as the camera went back to Rey.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : The fact is- this is my career- my life. If I wanted kids to look up to me- I woulda applied to play Mickie Mouse at Disney Land. I am a professional wrestler, an entertainer, and a damn good one.. maybe even the best performer in the history of this business, but as long as I played candy land, as long as I dressed up like a joke banging my drums together and doing whatever I was asked.. I never in this company got to show what I can really do. So I got fed up with it, and I shifted my mentality.. I changed my attitude.. and what has happened? Now I have showcased just how good I really am.. now I've been able to put on FULL display.. how I can really steal shows.. and how SUPERIOR I am to every other person in the locker room of this company. Year after year.. decade after decade.. I have had this breathtaking ability.. this incredible talent.. but only in the last few months in the EBWF have people seen it. Christian Cage is my opponent on Monday Night- and he is going to be the next person to see it up close and personal. He's a veteran just like me.. but unlike me.. he is still trying to find himself in this company. He's trying to figure out what he has to do, what he has to say, who he has to align with to make himself a true threat or a real presence. What I've done in the past few months, Christian will never be able to do in the EBWF again. Christian doesn't move the needle, he's incapable of making a dent on this business, he can't change his attitude because he doesn't even have a feel for what his attitude actually is. Every time I see him, I think to myself.. this guy really has no clue how to tap into the best version of himself. He has no clue.. how to make himself even remotely intimidating.. or formidable in any way shape or form. So to answer your comment.. I'm really sorry... I'm sorry that I'm not sorry...I'm sorry that I FOR ONCE have put myself on the top of my priority list, I'm sorry that you don't want your son to watch me.. but I'm also sorry that I could care less. I'm the one that has to live in this body every day. I'm the one that has to get up and grind for this company week in and week out.. so if I'm going to use my TIME and my EFFORT on it.. I'm going to do it my way.. and that's exactly what I've done as of late to FIRST become King of the Ring.. and it's exactly what I'll do.. to become the NEXT EBWF Champion.. I've built momentum and it's certainly not going to be momentum that's stopped by the likes of Christian Cage on Monday Night.

The mom shook her head and pulled her son away from Rey, not even able to formulate a retort. The next person up was a younger male. Seemingly in his early to mid twenties. His name was Ryan.

Ryan: Hey Rey, I'm Ryan.

See.

Ryan: I just want to say- I actually think it's pretty bad ass what you've been doing as of late. I think they've misused you for so long, it's cool to see you stand up for yourself instead of ending your career as a comedy act.

Rey Mysterio took in the words.. you could tell he was somewhat onboard with Ryan's comment until he heard the words 'ending your career' those three words resignated with the EBWF King of the Ring almost as if they hit him over the head when they left Ryan's lips.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Well I mean.. thanks.. Ryan.. but I can assure you homie.. that my career is nowhere close to ending. You see- it's just getting started. Everything I've done to this point in my career across multiple companies, has all led me to this moment right now. This moment in time.. where I am the most talked about.. the most feared.. the most dare I even say it.. MYSTERIOUS.. topic in the entire world of pro wrestling. How could one shedding of a mask.. how could one change in demeanor.. lead to such a crazy rise right to the top. I'll tell you the answer.. unlike Christian.. I had this ability the entire time.. it's just been kept hidden.. just like my face was for all of those years. Now it is on full display. Christian on the other hand has been up and down the ringer when it comes to personas and outlooks and attitude changes. He's been the goofy doofus that used to pal around with his 'brother' Edge. He's been the loser who talked about his 'peeps' and now he's apparently trying desparately to make anyone care about his island of misfit toys group "The Coalition." This latest attempt to be relevant may be his careers greatest failure. I mean the Coalition name itself is pathetic.. but then you got Kane.. Jeff Jarrett.. Maven? I mean jesus christ bro.. did they just throw every wrestler that's ever had one match into a big gigantic hat and just invite whoever they pulled out to be in the group. I can't think of a more random group of people if I tried.. the Coalition is a freaking family guy cut away gone wrong. Christian.. much like family guy.. is just pure comedy.. except.. as you might expect Ryan.. I'm not laughing at all. I'm actually pretty focused.. pretty excited.. on just putting another point on the board for "points going towards Christian leaving soon." I feel bad.. except.. I don't feel bad.. if it was up to me.. guys like Christian would be the guys on the streets with a bowl and a sign that says 'will wrestle for food.' He's a guy who's lived his whole career as a mediocre wrestler.. that has tried to ride the coattails of.. especially in this case.. ANYONE EVER that he could think of. So with guys like this around Ryan.. my career isn't ENDING.. but I will agree.. and I will assure you.. and Christian.. that I will never.. EVER.. be a comedy act again.. and the only person that's going to be laughing after ANY match that I'm EVER in again.. will be me.

Ryan: Right on bro.. I didn't mean to say..

Rey Mysterio sensed this guy was a true fan.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : No worries my dude..

He signed a picture for him and send the guy on his way. Next up was a man in a Kane mask.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Oh for gods sake.. NEXT.

The man comedically put his head down and walked way. Behind him was another couple of kids. They wore Rey Mysterio masks. At the same time they both ripped their masks off as if they had practiced it. Rey actually chuckled at this, clearly worked on performance.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : You know what.. I love it! Why have those mugs if nobody can see them!

He fist bumped both little boys in front of him. This clearly made both of these guys extremely excited as they looked at each other almost in unison with the same happy look on their face.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : You guys better be ready to watch Warfare on Monday Night- because your boy is going to be on there.. once again embarassing someone. This week it's Christian Cage.. which is actually intriguing fellas.. because it's actually sort of difficult to embarass someone who already is doing a heck of a job embarassing themselves. However, when you can do the things I can do.. embarassment for an opponent.. no matter how pathetic.. is always possible. I have said this before.. but I am the man around here that is quite simply capable of wrestling circles, squares, triangles, hexagons and all other shapes around you. Christian Cage is a man who's lost a step or two.. but barely ever even had a step to lose. He's a lifetime sidekick.. who now had to align with what could be the cast of pro wrestling's "Surreal Life" to have an opportunity to try and be a leader- rather than the follower he's always been. I hope you two.. by far the coolest homies I've met today.. will enjoy it when Christian looks like an absolute buffoon at the hands of the next EBWF Champion.

The boys unable to speak for being so happy. Nodded in unison. They both went to pick up their masks.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : You know what fellas.. leave those things. Take this instead.

Rey gave them two signed pictures.

The Miz: There you go Rey.. tell them to leave things their parents paid money for on the ground. Great stuff dude.

Rey Mysterio Jr. rolled his eyes as the scene faded to black. The camera faded back in to Rey Mysterio now in an all black outfit- and a white hat on backwards. His normal jewelery accessories. It was simply him and a lens.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : A few months ago.. I sat with Jim Ross in a room just like this, and I made a choice. A choice to be great. A choice to be GREAT every second, of every minute, of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year. It's a choice that I knew included a TON of changes.. that I willingly made. It was a commitment to greatness.. that some men are not even equipped with the talent to make. I have always had that talent. I revolutionized wrestling.. I was the epitome of what it was to be a high flyer.. the defition of a cruiserweight icon. I have always been able to do things in the ring.. that no other person can do. Soon.. very soon.. I'm going to be the EBWF Champion.. which MEANS that I'm going to be the FACE of this company.. and how ironic is that homie.. when my face has been hidden for all of this time! A face that people WISH would be hidden for a long period of time.. belongs to my opponent on Warfare, Christian Cage. Christian Cage is a wanna- be, he's a poser, a loser, a joke. Christian Cage would want you to believe that he too.. can be maniacal. He would would want you to believe that he too, could be relentless, that he too could make a commitment to greatness. Unfortunately for Christian.. he is one of those sad cases that even if he COMMITTED himself to doing whatever it takes to be successful.. he just isn't really good at enough at anything in this business.. to be great in this business. Christian Cage is an actor.. he's a fake.. he's a fraud. He's a guy who has words that come out of his mouth.. that are empty.. they are hollow.. they have no substance.. because they're simply not true. He's a man who has false bravado.. but is SUCH a phony.. that even his false bravado is an ABSOLUTE ACT. There's nothing Authentic about Christian Cage. He's a dime a dozen.. a regular joe.. there have been ten thousands guys just like Christian- but much like when an average person wins powerball.. you have been the guy with the rabbits foot for your entire career, haven't you Christian?

Rey shook his head in disgust.

Rey Mysterio Jr. : Somehow someway, someone with a fraction of my skills has been around almost as long as me. Someone who's never been good enough to tie my boots.. has managed to build a career for himself for an extended period of time. People like you Christian are the people that inspired my transformation. When I lived in a company where YOU were getting more screen time.. more chances to express yourself.. or to come up with your own ideas.. than I was.. it made me.. well it made me wanna do exactly what I did, and that's snap. Not snap in the sense where I lost my mind.. snap in the sense that I finally FOUND it.. I SNAPPED into focus on what I needed to do. You see you being a bigger star in this company than me Christian, it makes no sense.. it's not appropriate.. it's offensive.. it's WRONG. So for everyone that keeps saying what a bad guy I've become.. NO.. all I'm doing is RIGHTING WRONGS.. one right after the other.. case by case. I was borderline the BIGGEST JOKE in this entire business.. THAT'S WRONG.. It's WRONG CHRISTIAN. I'm FIXING everything that has been wrong with the EBWF.. every WRONG that was placed in front of me.. and it was considered RIGHT.. I AM CORRECTING. Next up is you.. and if you don't think I'm capable of FIXING any perception that ever existed that you were better than me.. well Christian..

You're. Wrong.

The screen faded to static.

THE MIZ

EBWF World Champion (x7- Current) EBWF Intercontinental Champion (x3) EBWF Tag Team Champion (x2) EBWF PTG Champion (x2 ) EBWF Gateway Champion (1x)