Legend.

This is where you post your RPs for Warfare, Pay Per Views, and for character development! The deadline for RPs for the current card will be posted in a countdown timer at the top of the forum.
Cory

Legend.

Post by Cory »

The minutes ticked away as Summerslam drew ever closer. Another year, another blockbuster wrestling event ready to come and go. In just a short time, Allegiant Stadium would be awash with technicians, staff, directors, producers, agents, and all the people that Wes Ikeda signed a check for as they worked hard to ensure that the set was ready and that Summerslam would go off without a hitch. Inside the stadium where the ring had been assembled, a lone spotlight shone down on the center of the 20 foot x 20 foot space where championships would be decided. In the center of that spotlight was a steel folding chair, and sitting upon that unfolded chair was the EBWF World Champion, Randy Orton. The World Championship title belt was over his shoulder, and the tag title belt was propped up on the mat next to him. A confident smirk spread across his features as the camera focused in on him.

Randy Orton: You know, Rey Mysterio had me fooled for a minute there.

He looked down for a moment, seemingly deep in thought. After a few seconds, he peered back up at the camera.

Randy Orton: He really had me going there for a while. I've been watching this transformation of what used to be an icon of Lucha Libre over the past couple months. And early on, I was pretty impressed. Here's a guy who has become the most recognizable face in the wrestling industry today. As good as I am, as storied as my career is, the mask of Rey Mysterio would be instantly known by nearly every single person in the world. So when Rey Mysterio decided to throw the mask away and reinvent himself like Chris Jericho, I was pleasantly surprised. He put on a new coat of paint, started talking different, gave himself and edge. And for a while, it worked.

Randy shook his head.

Randy Orton: And then he started to talk about me.

A deep sigh escaped his lip as he tapped the EBWF World Championship.

Randy Orton: Rey Mysterio left all his cards on the table this week. He talked about what he deserves. He talked about why I am where I am. But just like Every. Other. Person. He talked about my marriage, and he talked about my family heritage. That I was born into the business, like his dumb ass wasn't brought into Lucha by Rey Mysterio, Sr. Just another in a long line of pretenders who can't help but take shots at anything other than my wrestling ability. Because here's the truth that no one wants to admit. Despite the fact that I had family in the business, despite the fact that my amazing wife is related to the owner of EBWF, despite the fact that I've had opportunities that a lot of people don't get, I am still the best wrestler in this company. Period. Point blank.

Randy took his World Championship title belt off his shoulder and put it in his lap, looking down at it.

Randy Orton: And this little bauble kind of proves that.

He looked back up at the camera.

Randy Orton: But here we go again. Rey Mysterio wants to clap at me about my personal life, and he wants to go back to the same bars that have been hummed about me by countless guys that all got an L from Randy Orton.

He smirked.

Randy Orton: Randy Orton is boring. Randy Orton has a tired act. Randy Orton has been handed everything he's ever gotten. Randy Orton is the golden boy.

He rolled his eyes hard.

Randy Orton: Stop. I've heard this record before. I've heard it so many times the god damn CD is scratched. That's how kids used to listen to music, by the way.

Randy shrugged.

Randy Orton: But time and again, we get the same refrain. And every time, people like Rey Mysterio use those verses as a way to dodge the real question: Can Rey Mysterio, Jr. beat Randy Orton in a match? THAT is the million dollar question. The same question that every opponent I have is forced to wrestle with. So, yeah. Rey took the mask off. He traded in his shiny wresting gear for a hoodie and some jeans. Big damn deal. New paint job, same tired excuses for why I'm the EBWF World Champion and he isn't. It's like I'm living in Groundhog Day. People just can't figure out how to countenance the fact that the reason I'm a three-time EBWF World Champion is because I'm really that good. And so they fall into the same familiar trap over and over and over.

He looked directly into the camera with an icy stare.

Randy Orton: But now, it's time to stop the endless loop-de-loop. It's time to take Rey's cute little attempt at reinventing himself and put into the ground, right where his career is headed. It's time for this... to end. Rey says he's sick and tired of being passed up while I sit here at the top of the mountain. Well, what I'm sick of is the fact that Rey Mysterio even has this opportunity in the first place. It's a sign of the times that there's literally just no one left. They had to resort to giving a shot to Rey Mysterio in his "shelter in place" clothes in order to have something other than The Miz or Aiden English. And it's up to me, yet again, to deal with the lack of imagination brought to us by the 30th floor of the EBWF building.

Randy waved at the camera.

Randy Orton: Happy Birthday, Wes.

He smirked slightly.

Randy Orton: I look at a guy like Rey Mysterio and I really want to root for the guy. He's had what, like 7 knee surgeries? He's still trying to go out there and put something fresh into the world despite the fact that his kneecaps probably look like melted ice cream, and yet the best he can muster is to say my act is stale, when before these last few months he had done the same thing since the 90's. So, maybe the wrong messenger. But I'm willing to forget that, if it weren't for the fact that this is clearly Rey Mysterio's last shot. And so, desperation creeps in when you realize that your last shot to vie for the EBWF World Championship is to go up against the best wrestler in EBWF, or in any wrestling promotion. That's me, by the way. No other wrestler can touch me on my worst day. I've said it again and again, and people just don't seem to get it. I come out here and I play it cool, I act nonchalant. Some would even say I look lazy and disinterested. But the fact of the matter is that despite all that, I put every ounce and every fiber of my ability into every match I have. People just try to say it's laziness because I make this thing look easy. Rey Mysterio looks like he's laboring for every top rope jump or huracanrana. Every time he climbs the turnbuckle I'm expecting to see him carted out directly to his orthopedic surgeon. When I am in the ring, no one is expecting it. The RKO can literally come from anywhere. And even as low to the ground as you are, Rey, you'll never see it coming.

Randy grinned smugly.

Randy Orton: One more time, I have to come out here and be the janitor. I said it last week. We've got guys like Rey Mysterio out here who might be a chair shot away from Dominik feeding him his applesauce for the rest of his life. And somehow, they make their way to the EBWF main event picture like it's no big deal. Big thanks to the geniuses in the EBWF administration team for that one. Time and time again, I'm forced to deal with these fringe elements of the EBWF. Now I have to mop the floor with a old guy that makes my tag team partner look like Jungle Boy. But since we're obsessed with blasts from the past...

A sinister smirk appeared on Randy's cold features.

Randy Orton: Credit where credit is due. Rey Mysterio is an icon of Lucha Libre. One of, if not the best luchadors of all time. An absolute... legend. I would have enjoyed this match a few months ago when Rey didn't have dementia, but it is what it is. Maybe it's time for me to bring the best match out of this old bird that I can, and send him off into the sunset as a happy EBWF alumnus. I was originally just going to shake this guy's hand, and beat him in a match, and move on. But no, Rey Mysterio had to be boring and unoriginal in his Randy Orton diss track. And now, I'm annoyed again. Rey came into this match with a lot of good will. A legend in the business, certainly a first ballot hall of famer in some other promotion. I thought that this change in attitude would be a unique twist, a fresh take on his career. But no, he had to open his mouth and we realized why he wore the mask and kept his mouth shut for the most part. He doesn't have anything interesting to say. He just searched for what internet wrestling nerds say about Randy Orton when preparing for his promos. So...unfortunately I'm going to have to put this entire thing to bed. Permanently. It's time for me to embrace a blast from my past. Since Rey is trying to embrace this new attitude, I'm going to do the opposite thing. I am going to resurrect a shtick that put me on the map in the first place. Tonight, the Legend Killer returns. And Rey, I'm going to put an end to you. Once... and for all.

Randy picked up his title belts and smirked as he stood up and walked out of the spotlight, disappearing into the blackness of the dark stadium as the EBWF logo flashed in the corner.